Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Evanescence Of Fantasies ❯ Lenne's Story ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The Sacrifice

It's weird, I can't remember much before I was 6. I do remember being a young child once, playing around like normal kids should. But I was never normal. I should have known that the day my "mother", if I should even call her that, had me beaten senseless for not being proper enough. "A Princess should always have great posture!" She would yell at me. I was only six, Brahne! How was I even suppose to know what posture was?

I grew up to get use to this 'posture' thing. Always having my cousin Rinoa and her mother Julia there to help me when I fell. I loved Julia, my mother's adopted sister. I could tell Queen Brahne didn't like her though. She hated songtresses, but me...I wanted to BE one. So Julia helped me out everytime she brought Rinoa over for a visit. She said I was great, that my voice was far too mature for my age. Then one terrible day...she died. A car accident, my mother told me. Rinoa was there too, but luckily she had her seatbelt on. I cried my eyes out that day, but I remembered Rinoa was fine. At least I still had her...

Queen Brahne forbad Rinoa to play with me but she could come and visit me for an hour. That was good enough for me, it kept me from hanging myself. Then there was her. Samara. I thought she was just an imaginary friend, I heard a lot about those. Steiner told me that little kids get them when they get very lonely. And I was. But this imaginary friend was different...I couldn't see her but I could hear her. She told me things, the way the world worked. I didn't like it at all. I didn't like hearing about murders, beatens, rapes, robbery...it was all too much for a young girl to take.

Eventually imaginary friends are suppose to go away as you get older, but her voice was still there. Then I met him, Zidane Tribal. Weird boy, he had a tail. Samara encouraged me to hang around him even though Queen Brahne said I shouldn't associate with peasants. But he wasn't, I actually liked him. He was a big flirt though, but I found it hilarious.

I never thought myself as a summoner. One night I summoned the most weirdest creature ever, black little shadow with big yellow eyes. It was about to attack Steiner when he walked into the kitchen but I quickly stopped it. I could see the fear in his eyes as he looked at me, asking me over and over again if I was ok. That's when I told him...I've been studying the darkness and heartless. Just like Samara wanted me too. He was upset but he didn't yell at me. He told me I was too old to be listening to my imaginary friend. I was now 15.

Samara didn't like that at all. She said his day will soon come and so will mine. She said we'd be practically inseperable and I'd finally get to see her. I have to admit, I was anxious. That's when Queen Brahne told me about Prince Xander. I hate the guy! Some stubborn, spoiled, brat Prince that I was suppose to marry. There was no way I was going to do that! So I made an agreement with Zidane, he was going to kidnap me and I was going to let him.

One the day of the wedding Queen Brahne got a visitor. I was walking down the hall to the balcony when I heard them mention a certain name.

"Samara needs her."

Samara? Since when did my mother's guest know of her? She was MY imaginary friend!

"So you want me to give you my daughter so she can be sacrificed to the darkness?" I heard my mother ask.

"Yes. She's Princess...Princess of Darkness."

I gasped, backing away from the door in fear. They knew about me studying darkness and heartless now. I wasn't going to use it for bad, I just wanted to learn about it because that was the only thing I could summon. And what's this about a sacrifice? I don't want to be a sacrifice!

"I love the way you handle your world, Queen." The man said, "People are dieing and starving, I want that for other worlds. I want to rule to worlds with darkness and I want your daughter by my side. I need your daughter by my side. Samara must possess her."

No way! Queen Brahne would never agree to that! But I was wrong...

"You want Garnet to rule all the worlds?" I could hear the smile in her voice, "Ok, take her. And this Samara lady will be out when you do it?"

"Yes, she possesses women from Garnet's bloodline. And Garnet was her next victim until...um..."

"Her body was washed upon our shore, and I found her." Queen Brahne finished.

I knew it! I knew Queen Brahne wasn't my real mother...not to be rude but her looks and mine were not the same. She was obese and...well...not very attractive. I have brown eyes and long brown hair, people considered me the most beautiful girl in Alexandria.

What is wrong, Princess?

Samara was talking to me now. But when she did it this time, my head began hurting. That's when I knew, she wasn't an imaginary friend. She wasn't even a good person. Samara was Princess Of Darkness and I was her sacfrice. I found out the awful truth of my life that day...and I ran.

It didn't stop Queen Brahne and her visitor from finding me. But what made me more distraught was that everyone at the party was now dead. Even Prince Xander. Queen Brahne said that I should be happy since I never really liked him, but no one deserves to die.

They tried to take me but I wouldn't allow it. Then I remembered Zidane was waiting to kidnap me. We left in a hurry, but not before I killed Queen Brahne. I don't remember it but Zidane and his friends wouldn't shut up about it. They said some blackish purple light came out of me and nearly destroyed the castle, but it was mostly going for her. After she got blasted with it; the color was drained from her face and her eyes bulged out. Sounds creepy to me, I'm glad I didn't see it.

Eiko didn't like me much, but I know it's because she was in love with Zidane who was crushing on me. I told her over and over again that I wasn't trying to come between them, but she was just too young for the boy. She was only six years old, and Zidane was 16. But she still accused me of trying to steal him away. Yeah right, I had enough problems. The last thing I need is a boy to add on more. And he did....

I woke up one day to find us on an island. Vivi, one of Zidane's friends, was tied up as Zidane and Eiko smiled darkly at me. Something was different. Vivi was struggling to tell me something but I couldn't understand because he was tied and gagged. But I knew what he was trying to say, the darkness got to Zidane and Eiko. Samara got to them. If she was capable of turning two people with pure hearts then what else was she capable of? I told them to untie Vivi and Zidane surprisingly obeyed. The odd thing was he said he still loves me and Samara just wants what's best for me. Yeah right...using me as a body so she could destroy worlds? I am NOT going to allow that.

Vivi and I managed to escape until an old 'friend' of mine convinced me to go towards the screams I was hearing. They had Rinoa! Samara said if I didn't sacrifice myself then Rinoa was going to be her new one. I couldn't allow her to hurt my cousin, so I agreed to her terms.

I remember the looks on Zidane's and Eiko's face as Samara entered my body through my heart-shaped scar on my back. I could tell they felt horrible for what they did. The pain was inbearable; like fire burning the inside of your body. The last thing I remember was Rinoa's cries and screams as she tried to run to me...then complete darkness. I was trapped inside my own body, completely helpless but I saw everything.

Samara approached Vivi, telling him he was nobody and he should go where nobodies live. Twilight Town. A portal formed and he was thrown in it. I hope he's ok...

Then she turned to Rinoa. Zidane and Eiko tried to stop her but they were stopped by heartless...and now they're gone. Their hearts floated in the air and disappeared.

I heard Rinoa crying out for me as Samara approached her. That's when I remembered my necklace. I had it for as long as I could remember. It was a silver necklace with a silver heart pendant. I clutched it in my fist and closed my eyes tightly...I wasn't going to let Samara win that easily.

It worked. I was once again in control of my body as Samara disappeared back to the darkness. I formed a portal back to Rinoa's house and got out of there before the heartless could attack.

I explained everything to her and her father. The weird thing is, he seemed to know more about it then me. That's when I sent them to another world. This one was no longer safe. They were now in Balamb Gardens and it was time for me to run once again.

I reached a new world and met a young barmaid by the name of Tifa Lockheart. We became great friends...that was until Samara came back to play. Now...now I think I ruined my only friend's life....

If you're wondering who I am; my mother gave me the name Sarah Lenne Xiah, but I'm not worthy to be called that yet. Not till I get Samara out of me. I'm not Garnet Til Alexandros, Princess of Alexandria, anymore. I was never her. I was a replacement for Queen Brahne's dead daughter. And I am definitely not Dagger; that was my name when I was running with Zidane. I only go by Lenne. And as Lenne I'm on a mission to look for him. My guardian. He's the only one that can protect me from Samara, darkness, and the heartless. I just hope that I don't turn him like I did the others. He needs to be my light...without him I'm a sitting duck for Samara. And if she succeeds in possessing me fully...Kingdom Hearts is done for and so are all those poor worlds.
------------------------------------------------
A/N: Just alittle story of some of Lenne's past from Lenne herself. More of her will show up but the next chapter is about Riku and how he was affected by Lenne before he even met her.