Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Going into Kingdom Hearts ❯ Chapter 5: The door to another world ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5: The Door to another World
 
Kairi sat down next to me at the waterfall. She put her feet in the water and then looked at me with her head tilted waiting for my answer…. but I didn't.
 
Kairi: So… still don't wanna talk about it?
 
Christy: uhh… well… (My god…why cant I remember where I came from……Wait……I cant let them know I don't remember……what do I say)… ok got it!
 
Kairi: huh?
 
Christy: … nothing... I mean……. where I come from… Doesn't matter… and… if I told you… You probably wouldn't believe me anyway… I don't really want to talk about it anyway… I guess I'm not goin back though (Why was it that I could remember the game, everything that's going to happen and them… but I cant remember where I come from…?..... should I mention it?... yea maybe I should…) Lets just say… what I do remem--- I mean… what I can tell you is that where I come from we were able to play the lives of people like you on a TV. screen.
 
Kairi: Like… a video game?
 
Christy: EXACTLY like a video game.
 
Kairi: oh… so… that's how you know this stuff and who we are… right?
 
Christy: (I looked up) yea… but… this is just the first game… there's a whole adventure ahead of us right now……and its not going to be fun…
 
Kairi: Wait… there's more then one?
 
Christy: Yea… there's 2 of them
 
Kairi: Cool!
 
Christy: Not cool. Half of both of the games your alone… without Sora… or Riku. ::Sigh:: Look this is all going to happen in exactly 2 days. Don't! and I repeat DON'T, go to the secret spot cause that's basically where it starts… and its basically over for you if you want to stay with them.
 
Kairi: (She looked confused and alittle scared of what I was telling her) … uhh.. ok I'll try to remember not to go there… (Looks at the sky) Well its getting dark.. We have to get off the island before it's to dark. You can stay at my house… since I guess you have no other place to go. (Smiles)
 
Christy: Thanks
 
(Is this what its like to have friends?)
 
Me and Kairi walked to the dock to wait for Sora and Riku. I sat at the end and looked out to the sea.
It was beautiful. Why couldn't everyday be like this.
 
Kairi was standing behind me… also looking out at the sea.
 
The water was sparkling in the dim sunlight and extended out to the horizon. It was so quiet besides the noise of the water splashing into the beach and the birds in the sky just flying. I felt as if I was in paradise.
 
Kairi: It's beautiful isn't it.
 
Christy: (I woke from my daze) Huh!? oh… yea it is… very beautiful.
 
Kairi sat next to me and giggled. I looked at her like huh?
 
Kairi: So I heard that earlier you and Riku had a moment.
 
Christy: HUH! Wha… how'd you kno—
 
Kairi: --Ha, ha you like him don't you
 
Christy: (Going really red) Bu—
 
Kairi: (Still laughing) Chill Chris… it's ok I wont say anything to him. You can tell me the truth
 
Christy: I don't…. (Thinking) well… maybe … (comes back to reality) NO….
 
Kairi: well... I think he likes you… a lot.
 
Christy: Well I do… but I barely know him.
 
Kairi: You will soon
 
Christy: what's that supposed to mean!?!?
 
Kairi: Nuthin… hee, hee. Oh! Look here they come. (She jumped up and waved to them telling them that we were here) (Looks at me) there racing again when will Sora learn that he always is going to lose. (Rolls her eyes)
 
Riku: Ha! Now that makes the score 14 to 2. Geeze Sora... at least attempt to try to win next time (He was out of breath, but still laughing)
 
Sora: It's not my fault that you're a better at almost everything and like rubbing it other's people's faces
 
Riku: And its not MY fault that some people just lack talent (He pushed Sora lightly and walked next to me, he whispered in my ear) Wanna ride in my boat on the way back to the main island?
 
I was speechless… why couldn't I just act normally and say yes…
 
Christy: (cracked voice) Sure (clears throat for a clearer voice) yea.. Sure.
 
He smiled and I smiled back.
 
They untied the boats and we all got into the boats, Riku and Me in one boat, Sora in a different boat and Kairi in her boat. The sun was still setting and the water was still shimmering. Me and Riku made eye contact a few times but when out eyes met I quickly looked away.
 
To stop the silence I said to Sora,
 
Christy: So Sora, why aren't you and Kairi in the same boat also?
 
Sora and Kairi looked at each other quick and then quickly looked away blushing.
 
Me and Riku were laughing while Kairi and Sora rowed there boats farther away from each other.
 
When we were finally back at the main island Sora was already out and tying his boat up.
Kairi was just getting out of her boat.
 
Riku gave me his hand and helped me out of his boat. When I tried to walk away he pulled my arm in so I fell onto him. He caught me and kissed me.
 
I was in sorta shock and so was Kairi. She was leaning on a building waiting for me and had a look like, eww, on her face.
 
When he pulled away he put a folded up piece of paper in my hand.
 
When he started to walk away he let go my hand slowly.
 
When he was alittle farther off, I was still in the same spot.
 
He looked at me smiled and winked.
I smiled back but then jumped up and put my arm out and was about to scream, “WATCH OUT!!”
But I was so late.
 
Riku: OWWWW
 
Riku walked strait into a pole… he was rubbing his cheek and then looked at me…
I was frozen trying not to laugh.
He got up and ran away in embarrassment.
 
When he was gone I started laughing and so did Kairi.
 
When I turned around to start walking with Kairi to her house, she was already off walking away.
 
Christy: HEY KAIRI! WAIT UP!!!
 
Kairi turned her head and she had a smirk on her face. She stopped and then said,
 
Kairi: Lets race!
 
Christy: But---
 
But she was already running. I started running after her and yelled,
 
Christy: KAIRI!!!! I DON'T KNOW WHERE IM GOING!!!!!!!!!!
 
Kairi: Doesn't matter!! Just follow me! (She was giggling)
 
We ran for few minutes and then turned a corner. I ran to catch up but when I turned the corner I ran into Kairi.
 
Christy: Whoa… What's wrong?
 
I helped her back up but she was just looking at the sky
 
Kairi: uhh.. nothing… (She looked at me and smiled) I just thought I saw something white go across the sky…. nothing big.
 
What? .... Something white? There wasn't anything white in the game… or… was it… a heartless ship?
Best I didn't worry her though…
 
Christy: Its probably nothing… maybe she should just keep walking.
 
Kairi: Well… (She turned to the house next to her) this is my house… kinda small… but its home.
 
SMALL!!! She's insane… she thinks her house is small?
It was a 3 story house that was pretty wide… my god… freakin insane… if that's small… I wonder what Riku or Sora's house looks like.
 
We walked into her house and went up 2 stair cases.
 
???: Why.. Hello! Kairi, are you going to introduce me to your friend.
 
It was Kairi's mother. Wait… didn't she like wash up on the beach at Destiny Islands?
How did she have a family here? …oh well.. whatever… moving on.
 
Kairi: oh.. Hi mom… This is Christy… she's new in town, sorta… is it ok if she stays over tonight?
 
Kairi's mom: sure…(She whispered something into Kairi's ear and Kairi nodded her head)
 
We went to the top floor and Kairi had 2 beds in her room… why?
 
Christy: Why do you have 2 beds?
 
Kairi: Incase a friend sleeps over… they won't have to sleep on the floor…
 
I thought for awhile… but it didn't matter…
 
She sat down on her bed and was reading some book that had nothing on its cover, just plain blank. I laid down on the other bed. I was staring at the ceiling. When I turn to my side, I heard a paper being crumbled in my pocket.
 
What's this? … I took the paper out of my pocket… Oh! It's the note Riku gave me.
I opened it and read it. It said:
 
Dear Christy,
 
Well I just wanted to know
if you would go back to the
island with me at night around
10:00p.m.ish
Hope you come
Riku
 
Kairi: What's that?
 
Christy: oh… uhh… it's the note Riku gave me…
 
Kairi: What's it say?
 
Christy: (I thought… do I really want to tell her?) uhh… He wants me to go back to the island with him… he wants me to meet him at the dock at 10:00.
 
Kairi: Well then I guess you best get going… Its 9:32 right now… it'll take about 15 min to get there… he's probably there waiting right now… he's such a geek.
 
Christy: … yea… well, I'll see ya later then.
 
Kairi: Yep… I'm going to bed now so I'll probably just see you in the morning.
 
Christy: ok… night…
 
I climbed out of her window and started walking back to the dock… it was different looking out on the town at night. The grass wasn't the neon green anymore and all of the tree's looked creepy. The houses were all dark because all of the lights were off in the house; most likely everyone in the town was sleeping or inside doing nothing.
 
When I turned the last corner I saw something coming up behind Riku, It was kinda big and was pitch black, it had yellow eyes. I was about to go and help him when something grabbed me also. I tugged until I was loose from its grips. When I turned around it was one of the things that was going to attack Riku.
 
My arm lit up and the key blade from before was in my hands.
 
The heartless tried to attack me again but I slashed it with my key blade before it could get me.
 
When I turned around to see if Riku was ok I didn't see him. His boat was gone.
I looked out at the sea and saw Riku tied up and the shadow bringing it to the island.
I ran to Sora's boat and started rowing as fast as I could to catch up.
 
When Riku saw me, his face lit up.
I took my key blade and slashed the heartless over the head at it disappeared.
Riku was still tied up, so I took the key blade and slashed it over the ropes.
 
Riku: What's was that thing…. and what's that?
 
Christy: Let's just go to the island, I'll explain it then.
 
Riku: yea… ok
 
We rowed the boats to the island and tied them up to the dock.
 
Christy: So… what did you want me to come here for?
 
Riku: I needed to ask you a question… it's about the secret spot… let's go.
 
He took my hand and we walked to the secret spot.
 
When we were inside he went to a rock and sat on it. I sat on the other side of the secret spot.
 
Riku: You said that this… life… was sorta like a …. Video game right?
 
Christy: Yea…?
 
Riku: And you beat both… right?
 
Christy: Yea…?
 
Riku: Then how do you open this door? I've tried everything and it won't work, It wont open for anything! And if it does open, what's behind it?
 
He stood up, walked to the door and tried to open the door again… even though it was useless.
 
Christy: Well… the thing about that… (I rubbed the back of my neck) It's the door to another world… and it's going to open tomorrow. You Sora and Kairi are going to leave this world and go to other worlds.
 
Riku: (He jumped up and was exited) REALLY!?!?
 
Christy: Yea… but if this is going to be like the game, then you guys aren't going to stay together.
 
Riku: Well… what about you? Are you coming to?
 
Christy: I don't know… maybe… but just promise me that before you go… that you'll wait for me.
 
Riku: I already did (He smirked)
 
Christy: …oh.. yea… heh (I gave a nervous giggle)
 
Riku: So… how does it happen?
 
Riku sat back down on the rock.
 
Christy: Well you really want to know?
 
Riku: Yea… sorta.
 
Christy: ok… well… Today--- I mean--- tomorrow… when Sora is looking for stuff for the raft trip, he is going to come in here and get that mushroom.
 
I pointed to a mushroom in the corner
 
Christy: Then he will see a mysterious man dressed in black in the other corner,
 
I pointed to the spot the guy would be in.
 
Christy: They'll sorta talk and then the guy will disappear. Sora isn't going to worry about the guy and is going to keep on going like nothing ever happened. When he gathers everything you guys are going to go home… but at night you and Kairi are going to come back to the island and you will be by the paopu tree and Kairi will be standing lifeless in here standing in front of the door… and the door is going to be open.
 
Riku was interested in what was saying.
 
Riku: What's next?
 
Christy: Well… Sora will come after and will find you first. You are going to try to bring him into the darkness with you and you'll put your hand out for him, but he won't be able to reach it. He tries really hard to grab your hand, but isn't able to. You get sucked up and the Sora gets sucked up by the darkness also, but Sora comes back with the key blade, you don't.
 
Riku: Where do I go? And what's a key blade?
 
Christy: To tell you the truth, I have no clue where you go, but a key blade is this.
 
I held out my hand and the blue light came over my hand again. The key blade came into my hand.
 
Riku: Whoa… can I hold it?
 
Christy: …I dunno…
 
Riku: Please
 
Christy: I guess
 
He walked to me and held out his hand. I put the key blade in his hands and he slashed the air with it.
After he slashed the key blade disappeared from his hands and came back into mine.
 
Riku: Whoa… what just happened???
 
Christy: This key blade has chosen me as its master… so I am the only one that it goes to. It's about the only thing that can defeat the heartless.
 
Riku: Are heartless like the things that attacked us?
 
Christy: Yep
 
Riku: Oh.. Let me guess… Heartless have no hearts! Right?
 
Christy: Right. The heartless are made from the darkness in people's hearts when they die.
 
Riku: (Yawn) Right. Well I'm getting tired
 
After he yawned I yawned also.
 
Riku: Guess you're sorta tired also.
 
Christy: Yea.
 
Riku: Maybe we should head back now.
 
Christy: Yea… that's probably best.
 
We started to walk out the door when I could have sworn there was someone behind me.
I stopped walking and Riku noticed, he stopped and turned around.
 
Riku: What's wrong?
 
Christy: uhh… nothing (I took a peak behind me to see if there was really no one behind me.) I just thought I saw someone behind me… (I decided that I was going to flirt to get him confused)… But as long as you're here, I feel safe (I Smiled and blinked my eyes really fast and girly.)
 
As I walked in front of him I ran my fingers through his hair and then ran out of the secret spot trying not to laugh. He just stood there like, “what just happened?”
 
I waited outside the secret spot at the waterfall. I sat down next to it and put my hands in the water.
 
Riku came walking out and just looked at me.
 
Riku: Did I miss something? That was kinda odd, don't ya think?
 
Christy: yea.. it was… but it was funny. Well you can go back to the Main Island, I'm going to stay here and just lay on the ground by the paopu tree.
 
Riku: Maybe I will also. If its ok with you…
 
Christy: Well its your island, you can do whatever you want.
 
Riku: This is your island also now.
 
Christy: ok… well you can come if you want.
 
We walked to the disconnected island and I sat by the edge with my legs dangling down.
Riku sat next to me and I scooted away from him.
 
Riku: Huh!?!?