Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Why ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yami Rea: I'm really inspired with this story that it shocks me. Anyway I hope yall like it.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts characters or the excerpt from below from the song Pocketful of Sunshine by Natasha Bedingfield.
 
In the Whitest Darkness
Chapter 1: Why?
 
Take me away (take me away)
A secret place (a secret place)
A sweet escape (a sweet escape)
Take me away (take me away)
Take me away (take me away
To better days (to better days)
Take me away (take me away)
A hiding place (a hiding place)

 
Riku sat next to Roxas and Sora. The two lovers held hands as they leaned against the trunk of the paopu tree. That is while Riku was lying down on the steady tree. His aquamarine eyes closed and he slowly drifts into sleep.
 
~~~~~
 
I stood with my sword drawn, waiting for a moment to strike. Axel stood across from me, twirling his chakrams in a bored fashion.
 
I launch forward only to be flung back when our weapons clashed. After a few more desperate attempts on my part, I finally start to catch on.
 
As I launch forward Axel falls back and lands on his butt while he catches me in his open arms. Axel smiles, “You can't be so reckless. When they say to `hit the ground running' you're suppose to have a plan first. Just relax and have fun with it.”
 
For the first time since closing off the door and that dreaded castle oblivion, I smile.
 
As I stare into his electrical green eyes I barely noticed that Axel had pulled me into a loose hug.
 
At first, the contact felt weird but as I relax the contact begins to feel needed and wanted.
 
~~~~~
 
A small cool hand rests on Riku's pale forehead. His eyes open to see Roxas, but no Sora. Riku sits up and slides gracefully off the tree, “Where did Sora go?”
 
Roxas glances to the shore. “You started to roll off in your sleep. I told Sora to go ahead and get something to eat…that I would get you up.”
 
Riku nods, “Thanks…Hey Roxas, what exactly happened to Axel?”
 
Pain wells up in the young man's eyes, “Well he's gone…unlike me, Axel didn't have a body to come back to so…he's just gone. Why do you want to know?”
 
Riku begins walking away, “Just thought that maybe he wasn't gone.”
 
After dinner Sora and Roxas snuggled up on the couch in Sora's house. When they had come back, Roxas moved in with Sora and his mom, even though she had just died, while Riku moved into his empty house. His parents had died in the year that he was gone and left the house to Riku. The lunar haired male almost always ate at Sora's then went home so he could drift back to that special darkness that mixed with light all to well.
 
Before falling asleep, Riku vows that I the morning he'll contact Kairi and ask to speak with Namine.
 
~~~~~
 
“You're doing good Riku. If you keep that mind of yours thinking then you'll be in complete control in no time,” the pyro says as he smiles.
 
I sat down and began to try and catch my breath. Axel plops down next to me and leans backward. Curiously I turn to Axel, “So…what are you? Do you side with light or dark?”
 
“I'm a Nobody…”
 
“Excuse me?”
 
“A Nobody is a shell of what the person use to be. We have no hearts. We have no feelings. But we remember what it's like and we want it back.”
 
I sigh deeply, “But why me…? Why help me when I want to destroy your precious Organization?”
 
Axel laughs lightly, “I only joined that group because I want a heart…I want it all back. Roxas and Sora treated me like I was normal that I wasn't a nobody. But you Riku, you make me feel that way and I don't want you to be devoured by the dark.”