Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Demyx ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: I really enjoy writing this story so I hope you readers enjoy…well reading it.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts or Disney worlds.
 
In the Whitest Darkness
Chapter 2: Demyx
 
At 9a.m. a tired voice answers the phone. Riku yawns, “Hello? Who is this?”
 
“Riku, meet me at the shore headed to your island, in thirty minutes. Don't be late.” a shy and anxious voice says.
 
Tired and worried Riku dresses in blue jeans and a black long sleeved shirt before running out the door.
 
On the shore stood Namine in a simple white dress that fell to her heels. The waves rolled up the beach and soak her feet and the rim of dress.
 
Riku noticed immediately that she still was in her night dress. Her long blonde hair draped down her shoulders and light colored eyes gaze at the ocean. Riku steps just where the ocean cannot reach him.
 
The blonde girl turns to Riku, “It's been a year since it all ended. Aren't you happy?”
 
“Look Namine I know you still have powers. But why did you call me here?” he questions.
 
Namine smiles, “I want to help you. When Axel died as a Nobody, his human body was still alive. His spirit along with countless other members of the Organization is trapped in that white darkness. With your ability to handle light and ark…you are the only one who can go. Please Riku, go save them. All that are there still have bodies they can go to.”
 
Riku's eyes go wide and hope curses through him, “Okay Namine, I'll do it, as soon as you can send me!”
 
Her smile grows, “Good…because you're leaving now. Don't worry I'll explain it to the others. Just hurry!”
 
A portal of white appears and Riku is sucked inside, blacking out almost instantly.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
His lips touch down on mine gently.
 
How I've wanted and waited for this.
 
I had told him all about me but when I had told him that even with my friends I still feel lonely. Axel had smiled and made his move. Today marked a week and a half since we meet.
 
Axel leans back, “I'm sorry Riku…I should leave now.” He smiles sadly at me before opening a portal and leaving.
 
I just sit there wondering why I didn't go after Axel…the way I wanted to, so bad.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Riku looks up at the whitest darkness he had seen. It was the same as when he used to meet Axel. This would explain why the young man felt violent tugs at his heart. So to begin his mission Riku begins to walk, hoping that he could find the survivors soon.
 
A few hours later Riku ended up on a beach shore.
 
At first he thought that he had come back to his home, which is till a shaggy dog runs down the shoreline and continues to bark at an empty space on a rock.
 
Now struck with a sense of curiosity, Riku hurries over and shoos the dog away. Once gone a transparent figure materializes before Riku's eyes.
 
Immediately Riku recognized him as one of the survivors.
 
The boy's blonde hair fell to his shoulders and the top is shaped in a mullet type fashion. Playful blue eyes glance over Riku. The boy still wore his Organization 13 attire.
 
The boy smiles, “You must be Riku our rescue party. I'm Demyx, even though it's not my real name…or…I don't know.”
 
Riku raises an eyebrow, “Yes that's me but how do you know who I am?”
 
Demyx pouts, “Axel told me that you would come before he…got…”
 
“Finish your sentence! What happened to Axel?” the lunar haired boy asks with wide eyes.
 
Demyx looks at Riku with sad eyes, “Not just Axel…he got Zexion too! There are the spirits of the other members as well. But they just want our spiritual power so they can escape…I'm the only one left.”
 
Riku growls underneath his breath, “Who and where are they? Plus where are we?”
 
He smiles, “Well we're in Atlantica or well the shore that leads there. I had to be close to water. It's where I get my strength. But it's Xehanort who's doing it all. They went back to the World That Never Was.”
 
Riku starts down the beach, “Okay well come on, we have to get out of here so we can save Axel and Zexion.”
 
Demyx grins happily and falls in line with Riku as a portal of white swallows them.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Axel hadn't shown up for weeks…almost a month if I counted right. Either he didn't want to see me again or he's busy doing the dirty work for the Organization.
 
As a portal opens and Axel steps, out my heart jumps into my throat.
 
Taking a breath I stumble out a question, “Why did you come back?”
 
I instantly regret saying that because it came out icy and cruel, making Axel's features and posture droop.
 
He steps toward me, “Look, Riku, I'm sorry. I wanted to make sure it wasn't just lust. But distance makes the heart grow fonder.”
 
Axel's arm snake around my torso, under my arms, and around my mid back. He pulls me close and places kisses down the side of my face till he reaches my lips. I wrap my arms around his slim waist and Axel lowers his head the small distance to where our lips meet. It was soft, gentle, and ended quickly.
 
Axel frowns, “I really like you Riku. But I only have so much time. Sora has begun to catch on…he plans to kill all of the Organization so he can save everyone. Please don't do what I think you're going to do.”
 
I lower my eyes, “I have to Axel, and they're my friends too.”
 
Axel steps back, “Please don't…let me see Roxas one more time?”
 
My eyes widen and anger flushes through me, “Is he all you care about? You just don't want me to go because then you can't see him!” He goes to reach for me but I back away. I glare into his now dull green eyes, “Just leave me alone.”
 
Axel finally grabs a hold of me.
 
As he reels me in closer I let my hand slam across his face. I fall back to the ground as Axel cups his cheek in his hand.
 
“Riku…I just wanted to tell him the good news. That I finally found my light…I think I'm in love with you Riku.”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Demyx smiles down at Riku as his eyes flutter open to reveal a watery aquamarine.
 
As Demyx begins to start a conversation, Riku throws him down as electrified needles sail through the place where they were sitting.
 
Demyx turns and glares, “So you want me gone too, huh Larxene?”
 
Riku stands and musters all his strength. In a flash his sword, Way to Dawn, appears in his hand. “Well Larxene, I'm here to take you down!” shouts Riku.