Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Pumpkins and Ghouls ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: Okay. I'm trying to make these chapters longer. I hope you all enjoy this chapter as much as I do.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Kingdom Hearts characters or Tim Burton's Nightmare before Christmas or the part where Jack Skellington sings below for it is out of the movie. I do own the plot and development. Also, I don't own the song excerpt. Mandy Moore does…from her song lock me in your heart.
____________________-
 
In the Whitest Darkness
Chapter 4: Pumpkins and Ghouls
 
Take me to a place
Where the magic and dreams become true
Take me all the way
Boy I want you to
Lock me in your heart
And throw away the key
Show me love
The way it's supposed to be
Lock me in your heart
And never let me go
I must confess
You are the best
So baby come and take me home
Take me baby, take me away
 
Besides the spooky and dark buildings and such, there is a happy and joyful mood.
 
A walking, talking skeleton dressed in a black and white striped suit, with a bat bowtie dances over to them. “Hi there! Who are you people…?”
 
Riku raises an eyebrow, “Well I'm Riku and that's Demyx. We're looking for someone.”
 
The skeleton grins, “I'm the Pumpkin King or Jack Skellington. I hope that you are not with that reaper.”
 
Demyx raises his eyebrow as well, “Does he have pink hair?” Jack nods and the blonde continues. “Then he's not with us. We're looking for him though, but can't seem to find him.”
 
“Well, anyways come with me. You can help us with our preparations for the holiday.”
 
Riku and Demyx follow the lanky skeleton to an odd sort of graveyard where the moon shone bright.
 
“Where are we?” asks Riku.
 
Jack points his long bony finger to the curly hill. “We're at Spiral Hill…I don't mean to put you in danger but the reaper promised to leave if I brought you to him.”
 
Muffled claps echo from the gloved hands of the approaching figure.
 
Fluffed pink hair surrounds his pink eyes and evil grin.
 
Demyx stares at him, “Marluxia…I knew it was you.”
 
Riku's sword materializes into his hand.
 
At this challenge Marluxia draws out his scythe with the pink blade.
 
Without hesitation, Riku charges at the pink reaper.
 
The scythe slices and forces Riku to leap the other way, leaving Marluxia's countenance cocky and confident.
 
Demyx scurries to the top of Spiral Hill without a soul noticing him.
 
Riku continues charging Marluxia but every time the young man is reflected backwards by the swing of the deadly scythe. It would be flung so fast it appeared only a bright rosy blur.
 
No blood had been drawn but Riku's jean became adorned in slashes.
 
Suddenly, Marluxia and his scythe clatter to the ground with a sprawled out Demyx on the top.
 
The blonde picks up the scythe as he stands and runs to the side.
 
Riku dashes forward and plunges Way to Dawn through the pink haired man's chest cavity.
 
As Marluxia begins to fade away and his scythe evaporates, Riku hurries to Demyx.
 
The blonde raises an eyebrow as the skeleton dances over to them.
 
Jack smiles sheepishly, “I'm terribly sorry about all of this. But since you've rid Halloween Town of that pest, I'll put in a good word about you both to Santa. Now let's see…”
 
The lunar haired boy's eyes widen to the size of golf balls. “Did you say Santa?”
 
Jack nods and sends Riku into a light chuckling fit. “Well Sora was telling the truth after all.”
 
Jack bends at his waist to come to Riku's eye level. “You know Sora, the Keyblade master?”
 
Demyx's countenance shines, “Yep we know him! Hey I mean we are friends with him!”
 
Riku shoots Demyx a glance that makes him close his mouth.
 
“Jack! Jack!” a feminine voice came from the graveyard's entrance.
 
A rag doll wearing a dress of mixed-matched patterns runs over. Her red hair falls to her waist as she stops to stand by the lanky skeleton.
 
Once their fingers intertwined together he addresses the girl. “Sally, what's wrong? Has something happened?”
 
Sally, the rag doll, nods, “Oh Jack it was terrible. A vortex seemed to open and three male figures emerged. Each had a hooded cloak on but I overheard names. But they came wielding weapons yet nothing was damaged. Two seemed to be in it together. It was frightening.”
 
Jack smiles, “Well as long as nothing and no one was damaged.”
 
“Who were they? You said you heard names,” Demyx chimes in.
 
“Of course they were; Xaldin, Zexion, and Axel.”
 
“Yes Sally.” Jack pulls her close to him and he begins to sing softly but firmly. “Like a memory long since past. Here in an instant, gone in a flash!”
 
As Demyx claps for Jack's brilliant talent, Sally points to Riku.
 
Demyx spins around just in time to catch Riku into his arms, unconscious once more.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~`
 
Axel smiles sadly, “I don't just remember…I have memories that fill my dreams…memories of my family. The weird part is…They are memories as if I am still alive and looking at them from a bed. I call to them but they don't answer.”
 
I kneel down in front of the sitting Axel.
 
“Then why don't you quit the Organization? Come back with me. We'll go to your parents and you can have your life back.” I plead with the fiery nobody.
 
A tiny smile crosses his lips and he pulls me down onto his lap. Axel caresses my hand in his and smiles mournfully.
 
“I'm sorry but…my fate has been sealed. I cannot walk the road to dawn with you.”
 
Hot tears erupt from my eyes as I bury my head into his cloaked chest. My emotions run wild as he tries to soothe me.
 
The love of my life stokes my hair. “I'm sorry Riku. I want to really I do. But I would most likely be devoured by the light….consumed till I was nothing. Please understand.”
 
I understand perfectly and I didn't want to point out that being a `nobody' meant that he was already nothing to begin with.
 
The tears continue to roll down my cheeks. How could this be? Finally I've found someone I can truly care for…and I have to leave him. In two days I may never see Axel again. I wipe the tears from my eyes.
 
“I want to be with you.”
 
The red head sighs deeply, his breath trailing down my neck.
 
“I know Riku…I want to be with you too. But it can't happen and you know that. I'm sorry…”
 
Neither of us said anything once Axel said what he did. A peaceful yet sorrowful silence began to envelop us.
 
That's when his lips press gently against my neck before sliding away from me.
 
Refusing to shed another tear in front of Axel, I stay rooted to the ground. I wait and listen as a portal is revealed and Axel's footsteps disappear, the portal of pure darkness snaps shut.
 
A solitary tear descends down my cheek as I close my eyes, longing for Axel to be with me back home when I open them.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Eyes open to reveal aquamarine orbs. Riku looks up to see a round shaped person whose head appears to be in the shape of a cone. A black top hat of un-normal size sits on his head while a ribbon with the title `mayor' adorns his suit.
 
As Riku's eyes finish focusing he screams, startled by the appearance of the Mayor.
 
Demyx and Jack rush into the cramped room, alarmed by the scream.
 
The Mayor's head makes a 180 degree turn changing his smiling face into a frown.
 
“I didn't mean to frighten him. Sally left after sewing up the cut in his pants. She told me to watch him. Oh Jack, I'm only an elected official!”
 
“It's okay Mayor,” Jack reassures him.
 
Riku swings his feet over the side of the bed and stands straight. “Can we leave now?”
 
Jack's skull bobs up and down. “Yes when ever you like to. Oh and tell Sora I said hello.”
 
Riku smiles politely before dragging Demyx off quickly. Wanting to get out of the twisted holiday town as fast as possible.