Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Surfing Sand ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: Really sorry that the chapters may seem short or rushed or even late… I'm attempting to expand my ideas and let you all actually know what I'm cooking up over here. Especially since I know that this couple doesn't get very much attention, which truly is a shame. Hopefully I'll begin to get more feedback??? Anyways…I might as well continue writing, but ya, how do I know if this is being read if I receive no feedback??? Anyways…thanks to youtube I was able to make the scene where Riku and Roxas meet more believable and true game/book wise.
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts or Disney characters. I also don't own the song; it's called Crazy Loop by Dan Balan.
_______________-
 
In the Whitest Darkness
Chapter 5: Surfing Sand
 
You'll be hurt if you'll kiss me
You gotta, gotta believe me
But if you want it so badly
Then why don't you say so, lady.

And If you'd wanna take it back
You don't wanna take it back
You don't wanna take it back, my love
Don't you wanna love?
Babe, you don't wanna take it back
don't wanna take it back
Back, back, back.
 
Riku and Demyx slowly make their way through that white darkness once again. “Ugh, how long does it take? Maybe Zexion should've escaped instead of me.” Demyx whines.
 
Riku takes a deep breath, attempting to calm himself. How can anyone put up with him? Riku thinks. “You know Demyx I killed…Okay my replica killed Zexion in that place, Castle Oblivion. How did he survive?”
 
Without warning Demyx comes to a halt causing Riku to crash into the back of him. The aquatic spirit pays no heed to Riku however. “To be honest…I don't know. I just remember Axel telling me about a conversation he overheard between Xemnas and Saix. Stuff about the few of us who ever after becoming a nobody remained uncontaminated by the darkness and that our humanly forms still exist. They planned to root out these people in their Organization.” the blonde says dully. Riku intends to try and change the subject when out of the blue a hole appears beneath their feet. The stable ground leaves and the two plummet, blinded by flashing shades of all colors.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I sit on the white ground, while in actual reality it is nonexistent just like the nobodies. It had never occurred to me before, but this white darkness is so lonely. While in contrast to the darkness the lives and surrounds me is completely different…it's just cold. Nobodies truly are lonely creatures, unless they're like Axel. Axel and I…we're similar yet utterly diverse. We both fight for what we desire most but go about it differently…if only he would stay with me and walk alongside me. Especially since this will be the last time that I will see him. A portal of pure darkness forms and the man who holds my heart in the palm of his hand emerges. Without hesitation Axel pulls me into his arms. As he begins trailing kisses down my jawbone I wrap my arms around his slim waist. Leaving one last kiss on my forehead, Axel puts his forehead to my own. I close my eyes in content, enjoying the fact that I'm in his presence. Deep in my soul I know that Axel is alive…and not just a nobody pawn that is to be use by `Superior'. My thoughts come to a screeching halt as the gentle pelting of wetness on my face snaps me back into reality. Worried I let my eyes open to see Axel's closed ones, fresh tears sliding over his purple reverse teardrop tattoos and onto me.
 
“I should never have kissed you in the first place. I knew if I did you would be hurt and I'm sorry Riku. I must be crazy.” he whispers to me. I didn't know that nobodies could cry, but then again I don't consider him as just nobody. “I overheard Superior talking to Number Two about three of us who are untainted and still have a body that is waiting for us… I'm one of them, a lost soul. They've already discarded of one, Zexion, my mistake there. He had trusted Xemnas, the superior, when in reality Xemnas wanted him gone, he was a threat to his power. Demyx, a boy who controls water is one as well, he's…pure and couldn't hurt a fly. That's why he has assigned Demyx to a world revolving around Hades. Xemnas knows that Roxas is leaving and…I'm assigned to bring him back or kill him. Please Riku, hide him well. Make that man you have teamed with, keeps Roxas away from the Organization. Will you promise me that much?”
 
I was right and now even more torn than before. He's touched my soul with his fiery ways and behaviors…and now he wants to let me go completely. But either way I have to keep my end of the deal. Diz has given me a chance to awaken Sora from his memorial slumber…I have to get his nobody, Roxas, back to him. Given I don't want to take Roxas from his friend, Axel, but it's the only way that this will all come to an end. Axel's emerald eyes plead with me. I peck his lips ever so softly, `I promise that I'll keep Roxas safe and away. If I don't…then I'll make him run away while I hold off the offenders. Then…I will save you Axel. I won't let you fall into darkness.”
 
In that instant after finishing the last syllable of my sentence he pulls me close, encircling his arms around me. We seem to melt together…so warm and peaceful, not care in the world…together; heart, soul, and mind - till he pulls away. Worried I look up at Axel, “I love you.”
 
He cups my chin, “I love you too. Don't worry; we'll see each other again in another life.” His hand falls from my face and back down to rest at his side. A dark portal forms and he turns his back to me. Yet, before he steps through Axel turns to back to me. “Riku…the only way you'll win is if you become the darkness. So…I have something for you.” With a few strides Axel stands in front of me once more. In his hands he presents to me a thin black ribbon. “I'm going to put this on you. It'll keep the power at bay while in the World That Never Was until you need to use it. You're eyes can't lie; you are you and not that corrupted heartless man. Please be safe Riku, if not for you then for me.”
 
Axel ties the ribbon around my head, hiding my eyes from the world…or worlds. “How can I see anything then?”
 
His soft chuckle echoes around me. “Trust me when you really need to see…you'll be able to do it. Got it memorized?”
 
A smirk curves onto my lips. I lean up to place a kiss on his unsuspecting lips. “Got that memorized?”
 
I don't have to see his face to know that a smile stretches wide across his countenance. His footsteps proceed to get farther away from me, “Remember Riku, at least save Roxas. Don't worry about me.” before disappearing completely.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Demyx pats the side of Riku's face. His eyes open to reveal sea colored orbs. “I remember exactly what he said. I've kept my promise; I took Roxas to safety. Now I can come back to save Axel and you two. WH-What where are we at?”
 
Demyx shrugs, “I have no idea but it's not safe with a nobody…well their mind lurking here. The underling nobodies have followed. I barely got you to safety. A guy named Aladdin brought us here. He said it's the Palace, but no one will mind, he lives here too. Didn't look like it though.”
 
“We must be going to the worlds Sora went to. He use to talk about them with me. So…Demyx do you know which member is here?”
 
Demyx's head instantly droops. “Xigbar…he uses sniper guns and so do his underlings. There aren't many of them but they're still dangerous.”
 
Riku sits up and runs a hand through his hair, taking in his surroundings for the first time. He sits on a bed made for a prince, adorned in medium blue sheets. A type of night stand sits next to the bed while a pair of doors bar off the room from either the closet or bathroom. Rugs of several patterns and colors lie scattered around the room. A different set of doors opens to reveal a boy and a girl. Each has black hair, brown eyes, and bronze skin. The male's hair is unkempt and short, he wears a dark purple vest and white Arabian pants with some patch work done to them. On the other hand the girl dresses as a princess with cerulean pants and a short top, while her hair is tied with three bands since it goes past her mid back.
 
They both walk over but only the guy speaks up. “I'm Aladdin and this is Jasmine, the princess of Agrabah. Demyx said you both are friends of Sora's. Is he still looking for you?”
 
Riku shakes his head. “No we all went home but…I've lost my other friends…”
 
Jasmine sighs, “Oh well…we were hoping Sora would be here as well. There are creatures lurking throughout the marketplace that aren't heartless and Aladdin cannot defeat them alone.”
 
Demyx stands. “Don't worry about it Riku and I will take care of those pests. But we have to take out their leader. You haven't by any chance see any odd looking strangers have you?”
 
Both shake their heads no. Riku groans in response. “Well looks like we're off to the marketplace.”
 
Aladdin gestures toward the exit. “I can take you there but that's all I can do for you.”
 
Demyx smiles brightly. “That's okay, leave the rest to us.”
 
So there they stood at the edge of the marketplace. Riku glances back at the other two. “Stay here and out of sight, let me handle it okay? Don't come out till he's dead. Understand?” Demyx and Aladdin nod in unison as they duck down behind a makeshift stall. With a deep breath Riku steps into the middle of the marketplace. “Alright you nobody come out!”
 
A hearty laugh echoes around him as the figure steps into the clearing. His black hair is tied back into a ponytail with white streaks through it. An eye-patch covers his right eye while his hands hold sniper rifles loaded with deadly purple light beams. “Well aren't you on time. Didn't think you would come. I saw you brought my buddy Demyx with you too. Never was much of a fighter.”
 
Riku growls, “What are you anyway? Didn't Sora kill all you nobodies?”
 
Xigbar jumps on top of a barren stand. “A nobody is created from a strong heart while the creatures we have become are made from a strong hearted nobody's mind. Okie Dokie?”
 
A smirk curves onto Riku's lips. “Thanks for the info.”
 
Riku leaps up at Xigbar and slashes at him. Xigbar evades the attack and releases a small stream of shots. With a dodge and a roll at the last second, Riku is able to escape the onslaught. As Riku stands back up another string of shots come at him. However this time Way to Dawn flashes into his hand, reflecting the bullets back at the Freeshooter. One lands in his leg, another in his arm, and a last one in his chest cavity, thus knocking him to the sanding earth. The guns clank to the ground while Riku makes hi way over to the dying gunman. Without any mercy Riku slides his sword deep into the man's chest. Xigbar and his lackeys alike begin to dissolve away.
 
Demyx springs up out of his hiding place and cheers, “You did great! Didn't get a single scratch!”
 
With a triumphant grin plastered on his face, Riku heads over to the two innocent standbys. “Demyx…we should be going. The sooner we leave the sooner we get to Xemnas…or Xehanort.”
 
Demyx grabs a hold of Riku's wrist, “Be safe now Aladdin!” Gifted with some sense of knowing Demyx drags Riku into a random side room. Curious Aladdin follows, but when he opens the door he sees nothing.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
I stand atop the skyscraper in the World That Never Was, waiting for Roxas. As the boy runs into site I not the neo shadows that instantly surround him. He glances up at me and I connect my eyes with his vibrant blue. Roxas pulls hi Keyblade into two before dashing up the front of the skyscraper. I smile as I let myself fall head first. As we pass each other he tosses a Keyblade at me. I grab hold of the black blade with chains on the side and a purple gem on the hilt. Then we're both fighting off the neo shadow heartless as the rain pelts against us.
 
As the last one disappears in a puff of smoke I turn to Roxas and raise the blade. Our battle starts the minute I lung at him. I don't want to use the darkness…maybe I can defeat him without it. I fall down against the wet ground as Roxas points both his blades at me threateningly. Desperate to buy myself some time I question him. “Why do you have the Keyblade?”
 
Roxas adjusts his grip on his swords. “Shut up!” he swings at me continuously as he takes his blade back leaving me only with my powers. We stand only a feet apart, “Quit fooling around!”
 
“Pretty pathetic,” I says back to him.
 
Confused he glares at me with those blue eyes they remind me of Sora. “What are you talking about? You're the one who's losing!” but he stops immediately realizing what he said to me.
 
I voice what we're both thinking. “You really are his Nobody…”
 
Now infuriated he yells at me, “I'm myself! I'm me!” before he charges at me with both blades. Quickly and swiftly I dodge the attacks. Until one comes to close and I use my dark shield to deflect him back. I fall to my knees in need of more energy. “You can't beat me, no matter how much you try!”
 
Fully convinced I can't do this myself I bring myself to my feet. “I guess so…” I reach and pull the ribbon from my eyes as Axel had said to do. “The power suppressed by my heart…” The black cloth falls to the ground like a feather. “If I were to be someone else…” I throw my arms out to the sides and release the darkness inside of me, Xehanort's darkness, and use its power. Darkness surrounds me as extra pillars of the dark blue, purple, and black protects me.
 
As the darkness clears I open my now fierce gold eyes. The power of the Guardian behind me sends strength throughout my-Xehanort's body. I re-materialize in front of the unsuspecting Roxas and Guardian grabs a hold of him lifting him by his upper arms. His grip on the Keyblades tightens but after a moment or two they fall to the ground and dissolve simultaneously. With my new voice, body, and Guardian I look at the blonde. “…The power of darkness.”
 
Roxas fell limp and his breathing steady as I float back to the ground with him in my arms. His spiked blonde hair catches the rain as I pull my own hood back up. As I walk away I glance back one last time to see Axel standing in the alley across from the skyscraper. Before turning away himself he mouths his wishes to me, “Stay safe both of you.”