Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Silent Schemer ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: Okay wow I can't believe I'm this far into the story. Still got a long way to go though…maybe I can get past 10 chapters. But I would hate to drag things out to far. As for the title I'm sure anyone can guess it. If not I'll let you know at the end.
 
Disclaimer: Don't own anything relating to Kingdom Hearts. I don't own the song; In the Shadows by The Rasmus.
___________________-
In the Whitest Darkness
Chapter 6: Silent Schemer
 
No sleep
No sleep until I am done with finding the answer
Won't stop
Won't stop before I find a cure for this cancer
Sometimes
I feel I going down and so disconnected
Somehow
I know that I am haunted to be wanted

I've been watching
I've been waiting
In the shadows for my time
I've been searching
I've been living
For tomorrows all my life
_________________-
 
Riku sits up and rubs the back of his head. Sitting next to him is Demyx. Riku looks around to see only grass and trees along with a towering rock structure to the North. Demyx pulls Riku to his feet, “We should probably go the way to the big rock. Might have some people.” says the aquatic spirit. The lunar haired male nods signaling for them to begin walking. Finally at the entrance Demyx leans and puts his hands on his knees, “Who knew that I would take so l-” he stops mid-sentence and dashes up the pathway.
 
Worried for the spirit, Riku hurries after him. The Keyblader's eyes widen at the site of all of the lionesses and their cubs. Demyx links his arm with Riku's as they walk along the big cats. One in particular stops in front of them. She nudges her golden head against Riku's leg. “Demyx what's going on?”
 
“I thought I saw people…but I think Ms. Kitty wants you to follow her.”
 
“Might as well. What could happen?” he says and lets the lion lead him to the inside cave in the upper section of the rock. The golden lioness pads over to a great lion. They rub their heads together as if they had forgotten about the two humans. But they wait patiently for the two cats to take notice of them once more. Finally the female turns back to them and gestures her head to a set of rock stairs. Obeying the feline's command Riku begins up the stairs with Demyx on his heels.
 
Riku stops cold the second he gets to the top. Next to him Demyx takes a sharp intake of breath. “Zexion are you okay?”
 
His slate colored hair falls down the right side of his face while his sharp blue eyes appear dull. Zexion's form lies on the ground with rope tied around his legs, torso, binding his arms, and another loosely around his neck that connects to the ground. With a weak voice Zexion looks up at Demyx, “D-Demyx run…get away.”
 
Instead Demyx runs over to the other spirit. Riku on the other hand reaches out to stop him but lets his hand fall back down to his side. Demyx unties the rope from Zexion's neck and pulls him into his arms. A deep voice comes from behind Riku, “You should have listened Demyx.”
 
Just as Riku turns around a giant tomahawk connects with his chest and is thrust back to the ground. With a groan Riku pulls himself to his feet. “Lexaeus I thought I got rid of you.”
 
The maroon haired giant of a man heaves up his monstrous tomahawk. “I was offered a different fate and all I have to do is get rid of you.” Way to Dawn materializes in Riku's hand. The next fifteen minutes is fallowed by swings, misses, and dodges.
 
While Riku continues to keep Lexaeus busy, Demyx works on untying Zexion. “He didn't hurt you did he Zexy?”
 
“No Dem, I just got pushed around a little. Let's just hurry and get out of here.” The blonde nods determinedly as he continues to work out the knots in the firm rope.
 
On the other hand Riku continues to dodge the slices and heaves. Tiring quickly Riku dodges and dashes, ready for the kill. Lexaeus' sword misses once more and hits the ground. Within that second Riku runs up the side of the weapon. With a quick thrust, Riku's sword sticks into the brute's chest while he does a flip to escape. Lexaeus falls to his knees as he and his weapon being to dissolve. Once gone all that's left is Riku's sword sticking into the ground.
 
With the final knot undone Demyx lifts Zexion to his feet and over to Riku. Demyx smiles down at Riku, “Do you want to rest up here for a few hours? We could all use some relaxation and some planning time.”
 
Riku nods and falls back, resting against the cooling rock. “I'm beat anyway. We'd either rest here or in the Betwixt and Between.”
 
Zexion flashes a smile up at Demyx, “You can let me down Dem' I'll be okay.” Demyx flushes a light shade of pink as he sets Zexion down in front of his partner. “Riku…I'm not sorry for what I put you through in Castle Oblivion.”
 
The lunar haired male's eyes widen and narrow, “Why aren't you sorry! You put-forget it I understand. It made me stronger. At least I didn't get killed by a doll.” he says with a grin stretching across his face.
 
Demyx pouts and sits down behind Riku, his back to both of them. For just an instance Zexion's face shows an emotion…hurt. “Demyx what's wrong? Are you alright?”
 
“No I'm not, I happen to remember…I'm mad at you. I could have protected you! Or at least died with you…seen you one last time!” the water spirit yells as sobs escape his lips breaking his sentence and drowning him in sorrow.
 
Riku turns around and takes action, thinking of what Sora would do in this situation, he pulls Demyx into a loose hug. Riku pulls away and stands, “Come on you two are friends.”
 
“We're not friends, we're engaged to be married.” states Zexion clearly.
 
Riku spins on his heel to face the blue haired male. “You're not serious!”
 
Demyx nods and crawls over to Zexion before collapsing into his lap. “We even have rings, but we never got married because that was when Xemnas sent Zexion on that terrible mission.”
 
Riku sits back down as Demyx meets Zexion in a small peck. “So what is going on with these evil things?” asks Riku.
 
Zexion rises his hand to his mouth, thinking. “They are getting ruthless. The minds of the strong hearted nobodies. The last ones are Vexen, Saix, and Xemnas. Vexen is an ice nobody and Said the moon, I'm sure you remember. They're the easy ones. I know Sora and you defeated him once but now he's more powerful, both Saix and Xemnas. I'm weak only because Saix has been steadily draining my power…my life. Xemnas said he couldn't do that to me, his assistant in life so he took Axel instead. We've been fighting back though; accidentally crossed into Halloween Town too…I don't know how much longer Axel can hold up. Lexaeus caught me, as you could see. Anyway Vexen is your next opponent. Yet I do not know where the fights will be held.”
 
Riku sighs, “We need to speed things up…before Xemnas gets to powerful…and before Axel is gone.”
 
“But what will happen when you, Riku, take us back to the real world? Will we go to our awaiting bodies…or to the great God in the sky? Because I don't want to go just yet and I don't want to forget everything either.” Demyx asks curiously.
 
Riku sits there baffled, not sure how to answer the innocent water spirit. Zexion pulls Demyx to him, “Don't worry Dem'. No matter what happens you, me, and Axel will stick together.” The words echo throughout Riku's being. What happens if they don't make it out at all?
 
__________________-
Lexaeus is called the Silent Hero
Zexion is called the Cloaked Schemer
And there you go a title.