Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Strength of the Moon ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Rea: okay I'm switching to Riku full time so things will be easier since he will have no more dreams. Hope you all enjoy the chapter because it's coming to a close very soon, I think.
Disclaimer: I don't own any content relating to Kingdom Hearts. I also don't own the song excerpt. Its by Magic Cat {not sure if that's the correct spelling} I'm sure it's by him for my mom has the CD. Either way the song title is Moonshadow.
__________________-
In the whitest darkness
Chapter 9: Strength of the moon
_______________-
Did it take long to find me?
I asked the faithful light
did it take long to find me?
And are you gonna stay the night?

I'm bein' followed by a moonshadow
Moonshadow
Moonshadow
Leapin and hoppin' on a moonshadow
Moonshadow
__________________-
Axel looks down at me with worry embedded into his gleaming emerald eyes.
“Riku…are you okay?”
“I know where to go.” I step out of his grasp and begin jogging up the stairs to where the doors of the nobodies are held. The others follow me in silence and stay a good length back.
I'm grateful they don't approach me for the memories hit me head on.
Homesickness comes up to the forefront of my mind.
I swallow my feelings and step through the threshold, entering the room that holds the door to all of the nobodies' rooms.
My eyes widen as they connect with the only door still standing and shining as always. Although instead of glowing red, the Lunar Diviner's door glows with a metallic black.
A firm hand grips my shoulder and turns me around. I face Axel directly with Demyx and Zexion at either side of him.
“Riku you need to stay calm. What did I teach you?” My love and teacher asks me with a stern voice.
I inhale deeply. “To not be reckless, think while on the move.”
“Now I'm not letting you go in there alone.”
My eyes instantly narrow.
“Axel I can handle this joker, trust me.”
A smile curves onto his thin pale lips. “Zexion will be going with you. If things turn sour then he'll intervene immediately with an illusion. It's important that Saix not know that Zexy is there with you.”
Axel leans down and pecks my lips before spinning me around.
I'm thrust through the door with an invisible Zexion behind me.
Despite my memory of a looming moon in the shape of a heart, I know that it will not be the same.
Instead a dark void of nothingness stretches out beyond the platform. In the dark my eyes connect with the figure before me.
A scar of an `x' runs between his eyes and over his nose. Elf like ears pokes through his long blue hair.
I grin as we both step into the faint lighting. “Well hello there Saix. It's nice to see you well and still behaving as Xemnas's lapdog.”
The man growls low and deep, “Riku…it's a shame we didn't get a chance to fight previously. You wouldn't be mocking me now if you did.”
“I don't think you'll impress me at all. You have no moon to give you any power, you're nothing.” I materialize my weapon in my hand.
“Is that so?”
A weapon that is known as a berserker claymore appears in his firm grip. It looks like a circular moon on a stick with spikes in my opinion, nothing special there.
Even with the profound weapon he sprints toward me, swinging his great weapon.
I jump to the side, out of his range, and maneuver back in for an attack.
The next thing I know the claymore's end catches with my middle, throwing me into the air.
The crushing pain rages through my body and I can't even retaliate.
Saix must have jumped up the instant he hit me, for he appears next to me and swings the mighty weapon back into my middle.
With a sickening thud I hit the ground, but not letting my sword escape my grip. I roll onto my side and bring myself onto my hands and knees.
Lacking a chance to catch my breath the next hit comes into contact with my back sending me face first back into the floor.
That one only felt like a tap compared to the beginning two whacks. The last beating must have had the intention of making me lose grip of my weapon.
Well…it worked…Way to Dawn skids about six feet away from me.
“Are you impressed now you filthy creature?”
“…” I say nothing, refusing him the honor of hearing the pain in my voice.
“A person with half light and dark can never have the potential for anything. I knew you were nothing. It's a good thing I fought Sora instead, he was challenging,” he continues to mock me.
Finally I roll over onto my throbbing back. “H-How…that…power?”
A sneer spreads across his countenance. “I absorbed much of Zexion's power. He has quite a lot stored up, probably because he does nothing.”
I struggle to stand and haul myself to my feet.
Saix does not swing at me but lets me stand glaring at him.
“Are you ready to die, twilight boy?”
My breath escapes me as the pain continues to circulate through my limbs.
I fall back to my knees, helpless.
I wish I could be strong, even after those years of battling Ansem's heartless and nobody I still depend on others. I guess that's what Sora meant though.
You always need friends to back you up.
I expect the next hit to come rather quickly but it never does.
A barrier of papers blocks me from Saix as Zexion runs over to me. He grabs my arm, dragging me to my feet and over to my sword.
I glance back just in time to see the papers vanish in a puff of smoke.
“Zexion, are you here for another donation? You know Xemnas is not happy with you.”
The azure haired male next to me just ignores the other man and hands me my sword.
“Get fighting Riku, he's not so tough. Use his weakness, there's an opening after he swings.”
Granting me a nod I stride forward with pain resonating in every step. The sound of my pulse rings in my ears…I push the sting away and continue forward, gaining speed.
Saix swings the claymore once more and I dodge it easily.
Following Axel and Zexion's instructions I dance forward and thrust Way to Dawn through Saix's back.
A howl parts the man's lips as he falls to the ground, already dissolving back, forever, into nothingness.
Exactly where he belongs.
“You did good Riku. All you needed was a little boost.”
I flash Zexion a grin over my shoulder, “Yeah, so let's get the hell out of here.”
He gives a slight nod before leading me through the exit just in time as the room collapses in on itself.
Demyx comes up to me first. “So are you hurt anywhere?”
“Just a little banged up but I'm fine. Now let's hurry, we need to get you all back…”
A hand circles around my shoulders as I'm lead forward by Axel with Zexion and Demyx following right behind us.
As we walk the rest of the stairs to the door I couldn't help but wonder.
Will they remember me and all that's gone on? What if I never see them again? Sora, Roxas, and Kairi are nice to hang with…but these three understand me better than I could ever understand myself. I just hope…I can at least see them again, even if…they don't remember.