Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ In the Whitest Darkness ❯ Wash Away ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay this is not my best week, obviously. I'm going to try to get this story finished soon but I hate to rush things so bear with me here folks. Honestly, I could end it in chapter 12 and sequel it but I don't think I wanna. You peeps will have to let me know okay?
 
Disclaimer: I don't own any Kingdom Hearts characters.
_________________-
 
In the Whitest Darkness
Chapter 11: Wash Away
_________________-
 
Shadows fill an empty heart
As love is fading,
From all the things that we are
But are not saying.
Can we see beyond the scars
and make it to the dawn?
Change the colors of the sky.
And open up to
The ways you made me feel alive,
The ways I loved you.
For all the things that never died,
Love will find you.
 
__________________-
 
After I had curled up in that white darkness, Namine had come to my rescue. With one look at me she knew that things had worked out. Namine knew from the beginning that this would happen. But I'm glad she didn't tell me, I might have not gone…I don't know…I just want them back…especially Axel.
 
A week had passed and no signs…no nothing. The summer sun shines into my window, not that it can blind me anymore. Sighing heavily I dress and make my way down the stairs of my empty house. The black boots thud against the hard wood, creating an echo as if I lived in a cave.
 
Walking into the kitchen, I open the fridge but don't even bother.
 
My stomach growls and I slam the door shut.
 
I can't eat. I don't want to eat. It will just come right back up. But I wish I could.
 
Just like sleep. I can't sleep. I don't want to sleep. But I wish I could.
 
A fist raps against my front door and I move slowly to answer it. The second I open the door I regret it. I try to slam it shut on their faces.
 
Hands and feet force the elegant door open and pull me out into the warm island air.
 
“Riku take that ribbon off. There's no use in wearing it, you'll just get hurt by running into things.”
 
I groan, “Sora, I'm perfectly fine.”
 
“Roxas….tell Riku he's not okay!”
 
The blonde says nothing but pulls me in a different direction, away from my optimistic friend. As he stops I can feel his blue eyes staring at me.
 
“Riku…I know you told us all about…well everything. But do you really think Axel will come back? I mean, I just don't want your hopes to get to high because your heart must be full of love for him.”
 
“No Roxas. My heart is broken.”
 
I turn away and sprint down the sidewalk that I know by heart. There's no problem with me walking around the island with a ribbon over my eyes because I know it all by heart. Plus everyone gets out of my way.
 
I don't know how long I ran. I just wanted to run. I want to get away from them; Sora and Roxas, and their love for each other.
 
Exhausted to my core, I slump down onto the sand of the wide beach. Just as I do rain drops pelt my body. Pulling my thin black jacket around my white shirt, I shiver. I dig the toe of a coal colored boot into the sand before I pull my blue-jean clad legs up to my chest, hugging them.
 
The rain slides down the strands of my hair and over the ribbon, now soaking me completely.
 
I wish I could just wash away like the sand, to sink back into the ocean where I should be.
 
“Now why are you in the rain? You'll catch a cold.”
 
I turn to the quizzical voice…that familiar voice; the one that had taunted me so in that castle.
 
“Y-You found me?”
 
“Of course, I do remember where you lived. I'm not that ignorant.”
 
Even with the ribbon covering my eyes I can see him. From the mind's eye, I've always been weird like that. He looks the same as he did when he was a Nobody. Now he wears light blue jeans and a dark violet t-shirt with a black jacket. In his hand he holds an umbrella. It shields both of us from the rain.
 
“W-what…do I call you now?”
 
He laughs at me, the first time I've ever seen him laugh.
 
“I still have the same name. You do remember it right, it's Zexion.”
 
I smile up at him before it hits me like a sack of bricks.
 
“Are you the only one here?”
 
“No I found Demyx before I came for you. I…couldn't locate Axel.”
 
I release the breath I had been holding. Zexion didn't find Axel…doest that mean? No it can't.
 
“Come on Riku. I have Demyx in the car, let's get you home and out of the rain.”
 
It was as if my body went completely numb and I was watching myself walk with Zexion to his car. In the backseat sat Demyx as usual. I was placed in beside him, I refused to talk though. I didn't give Zexion my address but he already knew it, said he had been there earlier but I wasn't home. He had run into Sora and Roxas, they told him where I was probably headed.
 
Demyx took me to my room and got me changed and in bed. I didn't sleep though; no it was only eight at night. He sat with me. When he did try to leave I told him there were guest rooms, it is a big house anyway. Demyx said that they would stay. With that in mind I was able to sleep, but only for a little while.
 
~~~~~~~~
 
The next morning I got up and got dressed. I walk downstairs and sniff the air; the sweet smell of break.
 
“We're going to go out and get you some groceries. You have nothing in the fridge to work with, just pancakes.” Demyx says distastefully.
 
Zexion walks past me. “We'll be back in an hour or two. Stay inside okay? We called Sora and told him that we're taking care of you.”
 
They disappear toward the door. “Oh, Riku why don't you take the ribbon off, do you want me to pick you up some shades instead?” asks the blonde.
 
To please him I turn in my seat, “Sure, thanks, I'll make it up to you.”
 
They leave without another word. In the back of my mind I wish that someone would talk to me. I don't want to be alone right now.
 
To my luck my cell phone rings. I pull it out of my pocket and open it before I hold it to my ear. “Hello?”
 
“Hey Riku, it's me Namine. Are you busy?”
 
“When am I ever busy anymore?”
 
She laughs, “I just thought that maybe you would want to talk to me about something. I had a feeling.”
 
I smile, “Your feelings are always right. I wanted to talk to you about them.”
 
“I'm all ears Riku.”
 
“Zexion and Demyx came back yesterday and stayed with me…”
 
“And you want to know where Axel is, right?”
 
“Yeah…if you don't' mind,” I shift in my seat restlessly.
 
Axel should be back by now. But it is possible that, well, he might not remember anything. Sometimes that can happen. There's also a possibility that he didn't come back at all.”
 
Silence lifts between us and I ponder over whether I should just hang up.
 
“But Riku, I doubt any of those possible thoughts. He loves you too much. Your love alone will find him. Just hold out a little longer.”
 
“Okay thanks Namine.”
 
“No problem Riku, just relax.”
 
The line goes dead and I slip the phone back into my pocket. With a sigh I move to the couch and wait for my two friends to get back.
 
Axel…please come back to me. I don't know where you are…
 
 
_____________________________________________-
Would you want a sequel or it finished for good? I will be delighted to see some opinions because I'm not to sure of what to do…