Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Invisible Love ❯ Those Who Hate ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Invisible Love
Chapter 11: Those Who Hate

Vexen, or Even, stands casually in jeans and a white T-shirt. His blue and white shield rests firmly in his grasp. Pale blonde locks and chilly forest eyes appear just as they use too. Those eyes narrow instantly at the site of me and I can't help but smirk. Vexen never was one to let things go...especially since I was the one who struck him down. I hold my chakrams limply in my hands as I stride closer to him. The world around us is one I'm not aware of. We glare at each other across open ground flushed with the greenest grass I've ever seen. A gust sails over making the grass appear like a massive wave underneath our feet. The sun above is shrouded in gray clouds filled with liquid ice and I know that I've been led into a trap.

Vexen isn't stupid. He knew the second he found Larxene that I wouldn't flinch in a fight with her. Nobody would except perhaps Marluxia but that's in the past so I'm not too sure. I do know one thing...I'm going to kill him again if I have too.

"Axel, I see you've outwitted Larxene."

"Wasn't much of a challenge and you won't be either. Just give me Kairi and Namine and I won't take you down again." I propose this exchange but somewhere deep in my gut, I know that it's not going to be that easy.

"I have already safely sent them on their way. I want only one thing out of this confrontation. To see if you can truly beat me, in life and death instead of simply fading."

I scoff, trying to prolong his rant, "Why would you do that? If you don't want to die why would you suggest this?"

"I know I'll succeed Axel. I'm the superior element."

A wall of ice builds up from the ground, surrounding the two of us in a circle. The thick solid separates me from the outside world as I try to think of a way to get out of this. It's not like I can play possum and hope he walks away. No. Vexen wants to kill me and he's not going to be happy till I'm dead. I'll just have to do it first.

A cocky smirk crosses his analyzing face before motioning toward me. Before I can blink, ice spikes it's way up from the ground and toward me. I jump away and continue to run until the onslaught ceases. Huffing slightly I turn to face him once more. A smug grin is evident on his cold features. As usual he clarifies my most devastating thought.

"You can run Axel...but you can't hide. Even then I'll kill you."

"Then I'll just get to you first won't I?"

Flames lick the metal and the fingers that grasp it. They don't burn me in the slightest, just a comforting feeling locking my senses into place. Adrenaline curses through me as a smirk slips onto my countenance. The only thing that is important now is to get out alive...to make sure Kairi and Namine are safe...along with Riku. I'll become his warrior...his protector.

Dashing forward I clang my spikes against his shield. Ice gathers on the ground around me, forcing me to be careful and not move too fast. Putting distant between us I recalculate the situation. Thunder rumbles and I can't help but feel sick to my stomach. Powering up my blazing spinning wheels I throw them viciously at him. Not able to penetrate his defense they circle back around so that I can catch them. Growling at my disadvantage I curse nature inside my head. Things couldn't get worse!

Droplets cascade down my face and I resist the urge to scream to the heavens. They just love proving me wrong! How the hell can I fight this guy in the rain when he's ice and I'm fire? All I can do is turn to the liquid to...eureka I got it!

Throwing out a distraught poker face I attempt to look defeated and frustrated. Apparently it worked due to his already bloated ego. "Are you giving up already?" I remain silent as I prepare my next move. Curious he lets his head deflate slightly. "Axel what are-"

A turbine of fire erupts around him as the heat sucks all the moisture out of the air. Thus turning the water to harmless steam. Ice is water which means I've got at least some form of an advantage. As the fore dies and the fog clears ever-so-slightly, I catch the sight of a kneeling figure. Smirking in satisfaction I casually stride over to Vexen. Disgruntled and pissed beyond all reason he glares up at me as I make my way over to him.

It's a good thing that he has a horrible poker face.

However, the shards knock my chakrams to the ground. It doesn't matter, I'm not going to stop now. I keep going with my fist pulled back. My first hit connects with his cheek while the other scrapes against his shield that was hefted off the ground. I yank back my battered and bloodied knuckles in time to dodge a swipe of the sharp edges of his weapon.

Huffing I attempt to move into a position to snatch up my chakrams, but he sees through me instantly. My feet fly out from underneath me and my skull crashes against the slick grass. The blades graze my skin as Vexen looms above me. Driving it down as hard as he can I catch the shield in my hands and attempt to shove it away.

It proves futile.

A spike of ice shoots up from the earth and through my left shoulder letting that side of the shield crash into my body. Yelling out a strangled cry I direct my eyes up at the equally distraught sky. Hate fills me as the ice starts stretching out along my arm and shoulder. Lifting my feet I kick at him and manage to force him away for a spare moment. Lying on the ground I glare up at him.

"Are you going to finish me now?"

"You deserve to die Axel. Your heart transcended into your Nobody form. Even if you had survived me I know a certain ex-friend who is scrounging every corner of this system to locate you." I remain silent and Vexen dutifully keeps going. His gaze diverts to a space far away from me. "Aw it's nice to see you again. I was ashamed to hear that you fared too well against my replica...even after Axel sent him to kill you!" That horse laughs chokes out of his throat as I feel every muscle in my body tense.

I don't even feel the rain splattering across my face. Not even the pain that blurs my vision into a giant mush of color. All I can identify is the hatred running quickly through my veins at Vexen having said that in such a way to make my dear Riku despise me forever. I hadn't meant to hurt Zexion nor had I meant to hurt Riku. Saix ordered that of me and I couldn't refuse...I was a dog on a leash that just wouldn't snap free. Because of me Zexion died painfully and Riku was confused beyond a doubt.

"A-Axel? I thought...why...you did that?"

They can't see them, but the tears roll over my cheeks and blend with the rain that continues to pour from the heavens. "I'm...sorry...if I had known...I'm sorry Riku."

"Don't be you had your reason then and that was to find a heart so you could love me."

Vexen's wide eyes reveal that Riku is indeed fighting for my life. Zigzagging up to the Chilly Academic he slashes and stabs with all his might to break Vexen's defenses. I glance down at my own predicament. The freezing solid sneaks over my shirt as my arm is already molded to the earth. Flashes of action circle around me.

They're in their own little world now. The only thing on their minds is revenge on one another. Each for something totally different.

Exasperated I struggled to snap myself free by wishing for my power to surge to where the ice covers. Nothing works and I receive no results. Shutting my eyes to better think of a workable evaluation I feel it crack off of my body.

That's when I come face to face with the last person I ever wanted to see again. Muscled arms heave me up and toss me over his shoulder before opening a portal. I lazily lift my head to see that Riku hadn't noticed my leave.

I get it...Vexen was merely a distraction. Bait for Riku, not me. If I thought I was screwed...then I'm beyond saving now.


^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^_^

Even if I leave you now and it breaks my heart. Even if I'm not around, I won't give in, I can't give up, on this love. ---This Love The Veronicas