Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: A New Threat ❯ Note in a Bottle ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sora,
I hate to do this to you so soon after you got home, but I need your help again. Bad things are happening throughout the universe, and the Worlds are starting to disappear once more. I have an idea of who is behind it this time, but it won't be easy defeating them. Please come to Disney Castle as soon as you get this.
 
King Mickey
 
 
 
"What does it mean, Sora?" Kairi asked timidly as she read over Sora's shoulder (which was quite hard considering how tall he had gotten).
"It means," he said slowly, as if in shock, "that I have to leave the Islands again."
"No!" Kairi yelled, clinging to him suddenly, shocking him and making Riku chuckle.
"Kairi, I have to; I can't let the King down," he reasoned.
"I'm going with you," Riku spoke up. "After all, if I hadn't been so tempted by the Darkness in the first place, none of this would've happened."
"We were all just kids, Riku; none of us knew any better," Kairi said, releasing Sora.
"I'm still going," Riku said stubbornly, glaring at Sora as if daring him to say “no”.
Sora sighed and shook his head; Riku was still as stubborn as ever.
"Fine," he said.
"I'm going too!" Kairi said suddenly.
"No way!" Sora and Riku said together, turning to look at Kairi.
"Yes I am! Whether you like it or not, I'm part of this!"
Kairi's fists clenched at her sides as she glared at her two best friends. Riku and Sora sighed; they knew there was no denying her. Once Kairi set her mind to something, she wouldn't drop it.
"Fine," Sora said, "but under no circumstances do you separate from me or Riku!"
"I'm not a baby, you know," she said, rolling her eyes.
"But after what happened when all this started--"
"I was just fourteen then!"
"And now you're sixteen; two years doesn't make THAT much of a difference, Kairi!"
"GUYS! Should we be arguing about this or getting to Disney Castle?"
Sora and Kairi, who had been in a nose-to-nose argument, took a step back from each other and looked over to Riku.
"Right," Sora said, "let's go!"
The three of them ran off the disjointed island and over the bridge. Once on the other side, they all leapt down to the sand below. They ran around the side of the island until they reached the spot where their abandoned raft still sat in ruins. They ran past it to a cave hidden behind a large grove of palm trees. Riku and Sora worked together to move the large boulder blocking the entrance. Once they got inside, they traveled down a winding tunnel until they reached a large stone room, the ceiling open to the blue sky above. In the middle on the room sat a Gummi ship left by the King, just in case. Sora immediately ran for it, but Riku and Kairi hung back. Sora turned to them when he realized they weren't beside him anymore.
"What's wrong?"
"You're sure that thing is safe?" Kairi asked.
It was then that Sora realized that neither Kairi nor Riku had traveled by Gummi ship before. He smiled.
"Safer than traveling through the Darkness. Now come on; the King is waiting."
Riku and Kairi quickly snapped out of their hesitative states and ran for the ship. The three of them climbed aboard the ship; Sora sat in the pilot's seat, Riku and Kairi taking seats behind him.
"You really know how to fly this thing, Sora?" Riku asked, staring at all the levers, dials, and buttons.
"Sure I do! I practically lived on this thing for two years! And I was the one flying half the time," Sora said as his eyes scanned over the control panel.
Just cause he knew how to fly it didn't mean he knew how to start it. Taking a guess, he pushed a blue button to his right. The three teens gasped as the wings started shifting around, making a terrible grinding noise. Sora pressed the button again, making it stop. He turned timidly to Kairi and Riku who were staring at him incredulously.
"Heh heh, guess it was the other button, huh?" he said with a big smile.
"Just do something," Riku said.
"Er, right," Sora said, turning back to the control panel.
He took a deep breath and pressed a red button just below the one he pressed before. The familiar sound of the engines firing filled the cavern, and Sora let out a small sigh of relief. He turned to his friends and smiled smugly.
"See? Nothing to it!"
"Fly already!" Riku said, getting impatient.
"Alright!" Sora said, taking the steering wheel and pulling back.
The Gummi ship rose off the floor and took off like a bottle rocket into the sky.