Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Kingdom Hearts: A New Threat ❯ Crash ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2:
"I feel sick," Kairi said as they got off the Gummi ship, which was now in the hanger at Disney Castle.
She clutched her stomach as she leaned against a nearby wall, her face becoming green.
"Its not my fault we had to go through those asteroids," Sora said, a little green himself.
"Come on, you babies," Riku said as he walked past them and towards the staircase that would take them to the castle.
Sora and Kairi got a hold of themselves and ran to catch up with Riku.
"Hey! You can't park that here! This is a private hanger for royalty only!" they heard a small voice say.
They looked down to see two very angry looking chipmunks.
"Er, sorry fellas," Sora said, squatting down, "but the King sent us a note and--"
"Oh, its YOU, Sora!" Chip said with a smile.
"Go right on up, Keyblade Master, sir," Dale said, saluting Sora.
Chip rolled his eyes and smacked Dale upside the head.
"Ow! Say, whatcha do that for?"
"You shouldn't be acting like an idiot!"
"I was not!"
"Was to!"
"Was not!"
"Was to!"
"We'll see you two later," Sora said, standing and walking away from the arguing chipmunks. He turned to his friends as they kept walking, "Ignore those two; they're always like that."
Kairi and Riku just nodded as they ascended the spiral staircase to the castle's main level. The minute they emerged, someone blocked their path.
"Stop and identify yerselves by order of the King!"
"Goofy, its us!"
"And how do I know you three ain't some of those there Duplicates?"
"What are Duplicates?" Sora asked.
"Goofy, you nincompoop, they aren't Duplicates! Let 'em pass!"
Sora, Kairi, and Riku looked past Goofy and saw Donald standing there looking furious. Goofy turned to Donald, whose arms were crossed, his foot impatiently tapping on the ground. He looked back at Sora, Kairi and Riku.
"Sorry, you three; can't be too careful," Goofy said, stepping aside to let the three teens pass.
"Captain Goofy! Captain Goofy! King Mickey wants to know if--oof!"
A girl crashed right into Riku after running around a corner, and now both were on the ground. Goofy walked over and picked the girl up.
"Uh, are you ok Iona?" Goofy asked the girl.
Sora helped Riku to his feet as the three looked at the girl. She was definitely from a different world, maybe Hollow Bastion--no, its called Radiant Garden now. She was very petite, even smaller than Kairi, and looked to be a young teenager, maybe even younger. She had long brown hair that flowed over her shoulders and ended at her hips, with parts pulled back into a ponytail that rested on the rest of her hair. Her bangs fell into her emerald green eyes, which were glued to her light purple tennis shoes. Her alabaster skin was flushing from embarrassment underneath her purple t-shit and denim overall shorts. The girl just nodded to Goofy's question.
"See, Iona? That's why I told ya that ya shouldn't run!" Donald scolded the girl.
"Sorry, Mr. Duck."
"'Mr. Duck'?" Sora, Kairi, and Riku said in unison.
"She means Donald; she's very formal," Goofy explained quietly.
"Ya knocked down one of our guests, Iona; don't you think you should apologize?" Donald asked the girl.
She looked up and her bright green eyes locked with Riku's pale blue ones. She opened her mouth to speak, but just stuttered before turning and running back into the castle.
"Stupid rude kids, knocking people over," Donald muttered before turning to Sora and the others, who were very confused. "Come on, you three; the King is waiting."
"DONALD DUCK!"
"Uh oh," Donald cringed at the sound of his angry girlfriend, Daisy.
She came walking into view and even Sora, Riku, and Kairi were afraid of her.
"You better explain yourself, Mister!"
"What's wrong Daisy?" Donald asked naively.
"You know exactly what's wrong! Now tell me why Queen Minnie is up in the castle comforting a crying Iona. You made her cry again, didn't you?! You know perfectly well what she has gone through--"
"Daisy, shh!"
"--and how sensitive she is--"
"Daisy, be quiet!"
"--and you go and yell at her AGAIN!"
"What happened?" Sora asked Goofy quietly, but Donald heard.
"Don't tell him! We have to keep World order!"
"Er, Donald, don't you think we're past that by now?" Sora asked with a chuckle.
Donald grumbled, and Daisy spoke up.
"She arrived here a week ago," she said.
Sora, Riku, and Kairi's mouths all dropped.
"A WEEK?" Sora asked. "We've only been back eight days! Why didn't anyone tell us sooner?"
"The King wanted to see if he could resolve the problem on his own, but he finally realized this morning that he needed your help."
"So, what happened to Iona?" Kairi asked.
"The day after the King returned," Daisy explained, "we were having dinner in the dining room when she appeared with a burst of light. She was unconscious and quite badly beaten up. We didn't know where she came from, or who she was. King Mickey immediately ordered Donald, Goofy and myself to bring her up to one of the guest rooms to fix her up best we could. She finally came to the next day, and was so scared she hid under her bed and cried. Queen Minnie and I finally coaxed her out and got her to explain what happened to her.
“She told us that she had walked into her house for dinner and found her family acting odd. They were sitting in the living room on the couch, staring at her, demented looking smiles on their faces; like someone pulled the corners of their mouths back too far, she said. She asked what was going on, but they said nothing and kept smiling at her. She started getting afraid and tried to back out of the house, but in a blink of an eye they were surrounding her, attacking her...those smiles on their faces.
“She managed somehow to run out of the house, and she saw that the town was fighting with each other, and it was slowly disappearing into Darkness. She watched as a son reached through his mothers chest and pulled out a bright silver orb, then swallowed it. After the mom had a dazed look for a few moments, the same smile appeared on her face, and the two of them started attacking the others. She ran away from them, and ran until the Darkness that was devouring the town surrounded her. It swallowed her whole and she said she had to fight to find the Light again. When she did, she appeared here."
"What was wrong with her family?" Sora asked.
"Creatures called Duplicates. King Mickey will tell you more. Now come, he's waiting for you."