Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Angel ❯ Part I ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Kingdom Hearts or any of its contents or characters, nor do I own anything from Kingdom Hearts II. The only thing I own at the moment is a copy of the games and strategy guides. I mean no copyright infringement when writing; I make no money with my work. If you choose to sue me, you might get a dollar out of it. I’m flat broke.

Well...this has to be the longest one-shot I've ever written. Twenty-seven pages, and over 11,000 words. X_X; Of course, I did split it into two sections. >.>;

And it was previously a ReaderxRiku fic. However, as usual, I'm converting it into a regular fic. The name used, this time, will be "Adiana." The definition, at "Baby Names World," says that it means "the night's falling reveals the angels' beauty." I don't know how accurate that is, but eh.

Please note, however, that there are time-skips. If I didn't put them in, there'd likely be no way of posting this without chopping it into sections.

There is also a lack of detail in some of these scenes. The simple reason is, when I wrote this, it had been a long time since I played Kingdom Hearts, and part of it did take place in the first one. I couldn't remember the details all that well. >.>

Also..."Adiana" may seem a bit Mary-Sue. I feel like she is. X_X;;; If it seems she is, please, say so. No one, out of eight reviews, has said anything about being Mary-Sue, but...I'm still iffy on it. And before you ask, the eight reviews were on another site. >.>

And one last thing. There's a nickname in here, and it's Italian. It's only used once. It's "Caro." It means "beloved." So...yeah.


Read on, and enjoy! ^_^

Key
“blah” - Talking
‘blah’ - Thinking
~blah~ - Telepathic usage
~`~Amount of time~`~ - This will specify a time-skip. Such as… ~`~One year later…~`~. Obviously, I’ll state the amount of time. Love, Angel



“Hey, Adiana!” Sighing, a young girl tilted her head in acknowledgement. Only ten and she already hated her life. Another girl skidded to a halt in front of the girl, sending sand flying, “Why don’t you come and play with us?”

The girl sighed, “Kairi…” She shook her head, “I’ve lived on this island since I was born. You’ve known me since you came. Yet you don’t seem to comprehend that I’m not someone who likes to…‘play.’ I don’t like being with other people, no matter who they are.”

Kairi sighed, pushing at her short, dark-red hair, “Come on…how about just one day? Tomorrow?” She pouted, “Please?”

Adiana tucked a dark strand of hair behind her ear, turning dull, brown eyes to the blue-eyed girl hovering over her. Kairi was only a year younger, but she was so innocent. It was as though she lived a sheltered life, but Adiana knew her parents weren’t like that. Knowing the girl wasn’t going to give in, the dark-haired girl breathed an answer, “Tell me something, first. Did my parents tell you to do this?”

Kairi froze. Simply stopped everything. She sighed, frowning, “How did you know?”

She looked away, “My parents think I won’t get along in life without social skills. If I didn’t have social skills, then I wouldn’t even come out to this island as I do. They know nothing about me. They want me to be what they wanted to be. They want me to live the life they always wanted.” She breathed a few terse words, apparently cursing, “They can’t let me be me.”

Kairi pouted, “You act like you’re some teenager. Can’t you be…your age? I mean…” Kairi had been about to speak…but another voice interrupted her. She turned a frown to a platinum-haired boy, “You’re ten years old. You’re my age.”

Adiana stood and dusted herself off, and she stepped forward, placing her face directly in front of his; their noses touched. “My body might be, Riku.” She watched him tinge, “But I’ve never been much of a child. My intelligence was high from a young age. I’m not ten in my mind. I don’t play. I read. My parents are lucky to get me out of the house, and after they do, they’re lucky to get me back.” A smirk twisted her lips, and it showed clearly that she was serious, “Don’t insinuate that I’m your age, Riku. I’m not.”

Riku was frozen; he couldn’t move from her unnerving stare. He couldn’t even think to pull back, away from her close position. She finally laughed, pulling her face from his, and she poked his chest, “Come now, I’m not that frightful.”

Kairi stared at Adiana, but she saved Riku a bit more embarrassment, “So…will you? Please?”

The eldest girl sighed, and she nodded, “Tomorrow. That’s it.” Kairi made a sound of joy, jumping slightly, and she dragged Riku away.

The next day, Kairi found Adiana already on the island they always played on. She was perched on the tallest palm tree on the mini-island – which held the paopu tree – as her legs were swinging back and forth freely. How she had gotten that high up, Kairi had no idea, but she watched the girl leap down lightly. “Kairi.” Apparently, that was her “hello” for the day.

Kairi lifted an eyebrow, “You don’t seem all too happy, Adiana.”

The girl shrugged, “I finished my chores at home two hours ago, and I’ve practiced all I want. It’s only eight and I have nothing to do for the day.”

Kairi’s eyebrows shot up, and even as Sora and Riku raced over the plank to the Paopu Island, she spoke, “You…practice?”

“I fight. When you have nothing better to do, it’s really all you can spend time doing. I’ve learned a few spells, too.” She shook her head.

Riku, apparently having tuned in to the conversation, butted in, “So, you fight? If you’re bored already, why not spar against one of us?” He folded his arms over his chest.

Adiana laughed, “I’d end up hurting you. What do you think I do in my alone time?”

Kairi spoke, “You said you read.”

“There aren’t enough books in the world to keep me occupied for each day. I’ve read any and all that interest me. Swords and magic caught my attention; I tried it out. Not so bad, after you get used to it.” Her words were casual.

Riku snorted, “Try me.”

Much like Riku’s wooden sword, Adiana had one, too – the only difference was the tape on the handle. She leaned against the tree, and clearly a cocky soul, she waved her hand at him.

Riku, not accustomed to someone being so close to his level of cockiness, felt rage seep into his blood. He immediately rushed for her, and both Kairi and Sora perched themselves on the Paopu tree. Adiana lifted her sword, blocking the harsh blow he attempted, and a smile twisted her thin, torn lips. “Please. Think before you attack.”

He growled, but he twisted his body, and he hit her in the side with his sword. She smiled, grabbing the “blade,” and pulled him closer, “You’re adorable when you’re angry, Riku.”

Despite being angry, Riku blushed. He narrowed his eyes, “You’re one of the strangest children I’ve ever seen!”

“Thanks, babe.” She pulled his blade from his hand, twirling it in her own, and she smiled, “You see, I don’t join people for one simple reason.” She eyed the blade, before tossing it back to the boy, “My attitude isn’t great. I wasn’t around kids until around the age of five. My intelligence and wisdom were growing unlike the other children my age. And thus I have a sort of complex…”

She smiled at all three of them, “I’m immature, but not. I hate stupidity. And yet…those my age are still children, still letting go of innocence. I’m immature because my toleration is low. I have a short temper.” She tossed her sword into the air, catching it shortly afterward, “But I’m mature because I’m often mistaken for an adult when confronted formally.”

Kairi stared at the girl, “Then why do you bother to come out onto this island?”

That hit a nerve. Her sword caught fire, and it burned to ash in her hands, “My parents. I believe I explained that earlier.” Kairi took a wise step back, though Adiana released a long breath, “If I’m not who they want me to be…I’m not worth spit. I come here to get away from people. Most of the other children don’t even know I bother with being here; I’m usually in the treetops or seeking solace in the abandoned parts of the island.” The girl turned around, leaping from the Paopu Island, and she clearly went for a long, cool swim.

When she returned, Adiana found it was nearing dark, and both Sora and Kairi had already gone home. Riku was on the dock, waiting for the young girl, and as she approached him, she knew he was prepared to give her a long talking to. “Adiana.”

The girl sighed, shaking her head, “If you’re going to give me a lecture, Riku, make it quick. My parents give me enough of them; no doubt I’ll get another one this evening.”

Riku tilted his head, looking up at the girl, “I wasn’t planning on giving you one, Adiana. I only wanted to ask you a question.”

The girl made a soft sound of shock, one eyebrow lifting to stare at the young boy at her side, and she crossed her arms. She took a seat beside him on the dock, closing her eyes, “Ask away. It’s not like I have anything better to do; my parents are probably concocting a long speech right now, just for me.”

Riku sighed, “Why are you so…temperamental?”

The question honestly shocked her. She turned her head to him, and after a long while, she looked away. “To tell you the truth…my parents…aren’t my real parents. I’ve always told everyone that…I’ve been here all my life. But…my ‘parents’ found me in a forest here. They told me when I was around five. I was about one when they found me…and as I grew up under them…they saw what I could be.” She inhaled, staring out onto the sea.

“They saw that I could be anything I wanted. I started talking at an early age…I was never behind others. I was ahead…taking life seriously before I should’ve even cared. And as I became older…they decided that I could be what they wanted to be when they were little. I could live out their life…the life they wanted. I could be what they wanted me to be. I could be anything and everything if I just applied myself. They didn’t once think about what I might’ve wanted.” She sighed softly, leaning backward, allowing her body to crash against the dock, and it seemed she was nearing the end of her explanation. “I’ve had a lot going on in my life lately…and it’s not all my parents. I’ve always had a nasty temper. It just tends to come out a lot more lately.”

Riku lifted an eyebrow at the young woman, “That’s it? Just a nasty temper?” He laughed.

She smiled, lifting her body, “Yes. Just a nasty temper.” She placed a light kiss onto his cheek, laughing softly, “But I can be sweet when I want to. I just have to be near the right person.”

Riku turned a light crimson. After all, he was just a boy! Not even a teenager. Kisses were gross! …At least, that’s what he told himself. Her lips were warm, even after the swim. “Why don’t you just…hang out with us for a while? We don’t bite.”

Adiana lifted her hand, gently tucking a small piece of hair behind his ear, “I think I can do that. Just as long as you’re around.” When she received a look of puzzlement, she merely smiled, “I’ll tell you when we’re older, Riku. The explanation is too long and complicated for either of us. I don’t feel like telling you, and I know you don’t want to listen.” She brushed her lips over his cheek lightly once more, before diving back into the ocean, swimming to the main island.

~`~Nearly five years later…~`~

“Angel!” Kairi was jogging lightly, kicking up small bits of sand as she made her way to the large patch of trees on the more-so hidden side of the island. She was headed for Adiana, who had recently received the nickname “Angel.”

Adiana leaped down, and for the umpteenth time that Kairi looked at her, the nickname proved true. The girl had grown up quite a bit, and with each passing day, she looked more…heavenly. Heck, Kairi’d dare to go as far as saying that the girl was like a goddess. Her hair had grown out, falling in gentle waves to her waist, smooth brown locks that seemed to get in her way at all times; she was constantly braiding the mass of hair. Her eyes were a beautiful, very dark brown, soft and gentle, yet firey and strong, and her body had matured. The girl had a perfect figure!

Kairi would be the first to admit that she was a bit jealous of Adiana. But…at the same time…she didn’t envy her all that much. The girl had a nasty temper, and something about her was dark…something she couldn’t name. Even with her disposition, Adiana was a bomb, set to go off with the wrong tampering. Her parents had become more hateful, and in turn, Adiana was growing in her dark side. Speaking of which… “Yes, Kairi?” Unlike most girls, Adiana’s voice had changed, dropping a few notes. Her voice was deeper than Sora’s, and somehow, even more raspy than Riku’s.

“Riku wants to talk to you.” She smiled gently, the innocence of her youth holding to her. She was still innocent, somewhat naïve.

“Thanks, Kairi.” Adiana sighed softly, but she turned, walking away. ‘They expect me to be perfect, but the more they want, the worse I get. I’m starting to miss-’ Her thoughts were cut off, and she was hit over the head with a blitzball. She had apparently been thinking about her parents for a long while, and missed completely Wakka and Tidus practicing. She lifted the ball, kicking it back to them, “A heads-up would be nice next time.”

They only nodded in response, and Adiana continued on her way, eventually climbing to speak with Riku. He was seated on the Paopu tree, one leg propping his arm up, and the other hanging from said tree. He had grown, too; the girl personally thought him gorgeous. If not for those huge shoes! He wore a yellow sleeveless shirt with black straps crossing his torso, and loose, light-blue pants, while gloves hid his fingers. “Kairi said you wanted to talk to me.”

Riku turned his head, his eyes staring down at Adiana. “I did, Angel.” He patted the area beside him, and the girl leaped to sit at his side, “You remember the day you first stayed with us?”

Adiana leaned over, letting her head rest on his shoulder, “I do. Quite well, actually.”

Riku was initially shocked at her actions, though he soon let go of that shock, letting her rest against him. “Would you mind if I asked you some questions about that?”

She sighed softly, and despite being quite comfortable, she slid from the tree. She turned to face him, and she smiled quietly, “I owe you an explanation, anyway, Riku. Ask away.”

The silver-haired boy took Adiana deep into the Secret Place, and he took a seat on one of the protruding rocks. Adiana, having learned a few interesting spells, created a small seat from the “floor” in the area. Riku spoke slowly, “Since you have an explanation in mind, go ahead. I’ll ask later.” He grinned boyishly.

Smiling, she began speaking, “Since I met you, even during school, I noticed you have traits…” She trailed off, seeking her words. “I suppose…you have things…that make you more of an adult than anyone I’ve known here on the islands. You don’t put pressure on me, and my parents apparently don’t believe they can get you to do what they want. They talked Kairi into talking to me; even if they have you, you haven’t said anything to me.”

She reached out, tucking a strand of hair behind his ear, “You’ve always had large goals, especially recently – other worlds.” She shook her head, “You’re sweet on the inside. You’re a good person; you have been since I’ve known you.” Smiling, she finished up, “And somehow…you seem to tame this temper I have.”

Riku stared for a little while, absorbing the information, though he tucked it all away for further consideration later. “All…right.” He laughed slightly, “You said…you weren’t originally from here. Do you know if you were from another world…?” He trailed of, doubting she would know. After all…she was young when they initially found her.

She looked away, a rather dark part of her past invading her mind. She shook it off, “I…I was. But…I don’t know…where I was from…who my parents were. I only know that I’m not from here…I don’t belong here in reality.” She sighed and shook her head, looking away from him, as if in shame.

The boy immediately reached out, pushing her long hair behind her ear and over her shoulder, “You belong here just as much as Kairi does. You’re a part of our lives, you know.”

Adiana had to smile. Simply had to. She shook her head, “I know…something about myself. Something I could never tell anyone. And that’s what makes me different, what means I can’t stay here. I may be here…I may have lived here…but there’s something that I can’t let anyone know.”

Riku stared at her, “…You won’t tell me?”

The girl had to hold back tears. Riku was the one she trusted most…the one she felt close to. Sure, Sora was a friend…Kairi was close. But Kairi had this habit of annoying the living daylights out of Adiana, and Sora was so…so….immature. Riku was different…somehow…some way. She stood, letting her “seat” dissolve back to its original state, and she crouched in front of Riku.

Her hand gently brushed his cheek, feathering over his soft skin, though she found her arms wrapping around his neck. The tears she tried so desperately to hold back began falling, and Adiana buried her head into his shoulder, “I would if I could…” Her words were broken by sobs, her eyes burning with tears.

Immensely shocked by her actions, her tears, Riku didn’t know what to do. He didn’t know…what he was supposed to say to her. What he was supposed to do. However, his arms automatically wrapped around her shoulders, and he shushed her, “Angel…” His heart wrenched every time he felt her tears pelt his shoulder.

For a long time, Adiana and Riku remained in that position, the former crying, and the latter absolutely unsure. Something, or someone, rather, interrupted them, a soft coo coming from the female voice.

Riku’s head shot up, and he found Selphie peering at the two. She seemed downright ecstatic, “Aww…”

Adiana pulled herself from the comfort of Riku’s embrace, and she sighed, turning teary eyes to the young woman, “I assure you, Selphie, this isn’t what you think. Far from it, really.” Her voice was cracked, though low and hoarse from all her tears.

Riku gently caught Adiana by the shoulder, pulling her to rest against him, “Selphie…do you know what time it is?”

Selphie’s eyebrows furrowed, and she thought for a moment, “It’s nearing twilight. Why?”

“Thanks, Selphie.” Riku bent his head, whispering to Adiana, completely ignoring the hopeless romantic. “Come on. I’ll take you home.”

Immediately, Adiana stiffened. Home was the last place she needed…the last place she wanted to go. She shook her head, ignoring the fleeting steps of Selphie, “Riku…I don’t want to go home. I’d never survive.”

The boy sighed softly, shaking his head, “Then where do you plan on sleeping, Adiana?”

The girl pulled from him, leaning against one of the cave walls, “I’ll stay here. I’m not going home…I couldn’t handle it. Not right now.”

An agitated sigh escaped him, and despite that, he stepped forward, taking Adiana into his arms. “You can stay with me. I’ll talk to my parents.”

She buried her head into his chest, “Thank you…Riku.” He only nodded in response, and he took her to his boat, both paddling back to the main island.

At his home, Riku opened the door, and immediately, his mother noticed the female accompanying him. She lifted an eyebrow, “Adiana?”

She looked away, but Riku spoke up, “She’s having trouble with her parents.”

Riku’s mother swallowed hard, knowing well Adiana’s parents. They were known for their cruelty, “…She can stay as long as she wants.”

Adiana’s head shot up, and she immediately bowed, though the elder woman was given a very tight hug, “Thank you…”

Riku’s mother nodded, and somehow, Riku pried Adiana away. He touched her shoulder gently, “Angel…let me show you to your room.”

Adiana lifted an eyebrow, but she followed Riku as he walked away. As he showed her the room, he spoke softly, “You know…you can stay as long as you like. We’ve all heard about what your parents have done…about how nasty they can be.” He reached forward, pulling a hair-bow from her wrist, and he gently tied her hair back.

Adiana shook her head, “I’ll have to go home sometime, Riku.” She smiled sadly at him, turning, and she flopped onto the bed tiredly. “But…thank you.” Riku nodded to her, and he went to his own room.

A few months passed, and Adiana found herself crawling into the sanctuary of Riku’s home more and more. Her parents hated that she went somewhere else, that she’d dare to be so brash, so…defiant. But…if for only once a month – though it was more like once a week – she could get away from them, it made so much of a difference.

Eventually, Adiana found herself curled beneath one of the palm trees on the Paopu Island, napping lightly. It was a busy day for Riku, Sora, and Kairi, as they were planning to venture to other worlds.

Adiana herself had been invited, but she declined, knowing well that a trip with Sora and Kairi would mean the “angel” committing a murder or two…even with Riku with them. Still, Adiana knew well that she’d miss Riku while they were gone…very much. She’d willingly admit now that she loved the boy. And staying with him made things all the harder; she wanted to tell him.

But he loved Kairi. He always would; after all, the first true love never really dies. Adiana sighed, shaking off such thoughts. It wasn’t worth it. Even as she tried to stop her own train of thoughts, it just never would derail. She was suddenly tapped on the shoulder, however, and she jumped, flipping over…

Only to slam into the palm tree. Raspy laughing made her pout, and she glared playfully up at Riku, “What?” She shifted to a sitting position, her lower lip jutted out, “I’ll have you know that you scared the shat out of me, caro!

Riku sent her quite the look, and Adiana immediately slapped a hand over her mouth, a bright blush tainting her cheeks. He put the back of his wrist to his waist, his palm facing outward, “What was that?”

She shook her head, “Sorry. Different language.” She smiled up at him, “What do you need?”

He dropped, sitting on his bum, and he stared at the girl, “We…wanted to see if you wanted to go with us.” She made to say something, “I know you’ve already declined…but we want you to come.”

Adiana shook her head, “You know I couldn’t handle it, Riku.”

The boy sighed, “Come on…Angel.” He sighed, not pushing it any further when she shook her head. He was surprised to hear her continue, “I’m sorry, Riku. But I don’t want to kill anyone.”

Riku laughed softly, but as it was getting dark, he offered the girl his hand, “Come on.”

She stared at his hand for a moment, but she gripped the outstretched appendage, attempting to pull herself up. Unfortunately for her, she pulled a bit too hard – Riku fell with the strength of her tug, and Adiana found herself flat on her back, her legs crossed, while Riku was barely holding himself up.

Adiana’s eyes went wide, enlarging to an unnatural size, and a deep blush claimed her features. Fifteen. She was fifteen, and her hormones were working…too well. Riku, unfortunately, was in nearly the same state; after all, their position was not what his male mind needed. Not to say that all males had dirty minds…simply the fact that he was at that ripe age when the hormones were running wild.

The girl felt her breath shudder from her lungs, both teens apparently frozen in place. Even Riku, who was holding himself up in a push-up style position, seemed wary of moving. And Adiana wasn’t helping the situation. The blush on her face was just so…attractive.

Unable to stop herself, Adiana found her head moving forward, and her lips touched Riku’s. Heat shot through her, and she was completely astonished at her own reaction. She noted that Riku’s eyes were closed, though, and she let him press further into the kiss, just as she did.

Unlike anything she had expected out of him, the girl felt shivers slide down her spine as his tongue swept her bottom lip. She immediately opened her mouth, clearly having no opposition to his affection, and his tongue flooded the heated cavern. Adiana found he had a sweet flavor, exotic in its taste, and the girl was immediately addicted. She let him explore, felt his teeth nibble her lower lip gently, though a moan was eventually wrenched from deep within her throat.

That small sound finally snapped Riku out of it, and despite honestly enjoying it, he slowly broke the kiss. He breathed a sigh, burying his head into her neck. “I believe I might’ve enjoyed that more than I should’ve.”

Adiana laughed softly, “Then we’re in the same boat.”

Riku gave her a slight smile, though embarrassed by his own actions, he stood. He pulled her up, and they walked to the boats, heading home, unknowing that they left before Sora and Kairi. The only thing really on their mind was that one kiss…that one, perfect kiss.

Adiana parted from Riku, heading off toward her home, and though scared to death of what her parents would think…she knew she had to be at home. Just as she had expected, right when she walked in the door, a tall male took a couple of gliding steps toward her. She noted quickly that his eyes went to her lips, and she remembered the sensation of Riku’s teeth nibbling gently on her lower lip. She somehow fought down the blush, but she knew without question that she’d be in trouble…big trouble.

Adiana’s father stared at his daughter’s lower lip, and anger filled his eyes, “Adiana…” Her lip was swollen. And not from a hit, either. She had kissed someone.

The teen flinched, apparently ready for a long talk. Her parents didn’t hit her, and she was thankful for that sometimes…but sometimes…the words hurt so much more than any physical pain she could’ve endured. Adiana was astonished, however, to suddenly feel a strong arm around her shoulder. “Don’t you hurt her.”

The girl felt her head jerk toward the left, and when she found Riku’s stern face, a sort of calm swept over her. “Boy, you step away from her.”

Riku placed his body in front of Adiana’s, leaving her only room to see, “You’ve done enough to her. She doesn’t deserve this.”

Her father was apparently very upset. He made to strike Riku, but before the young boy could blink, the girl was in place of him, earning a bruise just below her temple. Riku, taller, would’ve been hit in the jaw; Adiana could’ve died for what she did. But she apparently didn’t care. “Father…” She pushed Riku back gently, shaking her head, “Do what you want with me. I’ve put up with you and Mother for a long time. But don’t you dare hurt him.”

Her father had a rather twisted smirk on his lips, “You care for him? Well, if that’s the case…” He shoved Adiana out of the way, sending her crashing into the floor, and as he had tried to do the first time, he did hit Riku. Hard.

Adiana loved Riku. She didn’t just care for him. She loved him, and in her eyes, what her father did to her was unacceptable…what her mother did was unacceptable. But to do that to Riku…

Her anger exploded, and for all her rage, she became dizzy. She planted herself firmly between the two men, and her head lifted, her dark eyes tainted with red. Her father had never seen her retaliate like this; sure, she had walked out on lectures, ignored them when she just couldn’t take it, but…Adiana was angry. Absolutely furious. Violence seemed to cling to her like a second skin, her eyes a dangerous mix of hate and rage.

As she stood between Riku and her father, Adiana’s eyes communicated every little thing she intended to do…and it was not something she would live for. She’d be given the death sentence. A few words were breathed from her mouth, a whispered statement in another language, and her body blurred forward. Her hand slammed into her father’s chest, throwing him into the opposite wall in the room, and a large hole showed where his body had collided.

Riku reached out, gently touching the girl’s shoulder, and she realized what she had done. Swallowing hard, she turned, pushing Riku to the side, and running, she took a dive into the ocean, crying. As she surfaced on the play-island, she rushed to hide in a high cavern on the cove-side of the island, and she felt hot tears burn down her cheeks.

The teen boy stared at Adiana’s father, noting that he was…unconscious. Very unconscious. He immediately turned, rushing after Adiana, and he pushed his boat off as quickly as he could, leaping into it after his feet were completely submerged in water. After he reached the island, he didn’t bother tying up his boat, uncaring as to what happened to it.

Riku dashed after Adiana, noting the footprints in the sand, and he found himself standing just past the wooden planks, right before the tower. He grabbed a box, and jumping from it, he grabbed the edge of the cavern above him. He pulled himself up, and immediately tucked Adiana into his warm embrace, ignoring the pain in his cheek. Little did he know that both of them were in far more danger, so much worse than anything a human could muster.

“Angel…” He shushed her, stroking her long hair, and she suddenly buried her head into his chest. “Shh…it’s okay.”

Adiana curled up in Riku’s arms, wanting the comfort, the warmth. “Riku…”

Riku felt his heart wrench every time he heard her sob, every pained sound that escaped her, and he turned her, forcing her to look straight into his eyes. “Adiana. You didn’t do anything wrong.” He pushed the tears from her face, “You did what you thought was right.”

The girl curled up in his arms, and she placed a hand on his cheek gently, healing the bruise her father had given him. “Riku…” She looked up at him with teary eyes, her voice hoarse, “Don’t ever leave me…please don’t.” She wrapped her arms tightly around his neck, clinging to him, “I don’t know how I could live without you.”

Despite being shocked, Riku only wrapped his arms down around her, his hold gentle, but strong. “Shh.” Although he was confused, somewhat lost, the boy settled with instinct. “Angel, listen to me.” He gently tilted her head up, and his thumb brushed away her tears, “If there’s any way I can stay with you, I will. I won’t leave you; I promise.”

She wrapped her arms tightly around his middle, nearly crushing the boy, and though she was about to say something, a ripping sort of pain killed her thoughts. She tore her body from him, unwillingly leaving his embrace, and her hands gripped her head in absolute pain. She growled, “Get away from here. Now.”

Unfortunately, her words were too late. The threat that entered her mind had already taken place…Riku was possessed. She whimpered, tears coming from her eyes once more, though not for her own deeds. She immediately shot out of the hole she had crawled into, following Riku as he took long, determined strides, gliding into the Secret Place.

Before the girl could even reach Riku, he had already done the worst. Immediately, she could feel the effects, everything she didn’t want….everything she didn’t need. Everything she hated. ~Damn you…~

A sickly-sweet voice answered her, smug underlying tones echoing in Adiana’s mind, ~Oh, but dear…you’ll thank me for it later.~

Adiana growled, her eyes filled with hatred, but her heart on fire with absolute destitution. ~I hate you…so much…~ Tears streaming down her face, Adiana collapsed, watching Riku crawl from the Secret Place, striding confidently to take his place on the Paopu Island. He was staring at a dark orb, one with a red center, dark energy crackling around the sphere.

Adiana pushed herself up off the ground, and she dashed out to the island, grabbing Riku by the arm. He shook her off, roughly, but she stood, and looking him in the eye, she spoke, a heartless smile on her lips. “Thanks…I needed this.”

Riku stared at her stupidly for a moment, his possession loosening, but before he could reach out to the girl, a deep pool of darkness swallowed her whole.

Before Riku could think on Adiana’s disappearance, Sora came running over the bridge, skidding to a halt before he ran into Riku, “Where’s Kairi? I thought she was with you!” Sora sounded desperate.

Riku spoke monotone, having turned his attention from Sora back to the sphere, “The door has opened…”

Sora didn’t care; Kairi was the only thing on his mind, “What?”

“The door has opened, Sora! Now we can go to the outside world!” He looked over his shoulder at Sora, his face stern. His possession was apparently back in full.

“What are you talking about?” Sora was upset with Riku; after all, Kairi was their best friend. “We’ve gotta find Kairi!” Definitely desperate.

Riku basically roared an answer, “Kairi’s coming with us!” He tilted his head up, looking at the black sphere once more. “Once we step through, we might not be able to come back.” He was staring upward as he spoke, clearly absorbed in his obsession of other worlds, “We may never see our parents again. There’s no turning back.” He was clearly serious, his face in a tight frown, “But this may be our only chance. We can’t let fear stop us! I’m not afraid of the darkness!”

“Riku…” Sora watched his friend extend a hand, much like in many of the brown-haired boy’s dreams, and darkness began to swallow the elder boy. Sora was also being tugged into darkness, fighting it, but Riku stood firm, not bothered at all. Stretching as best he could, the blue-eyed teen tried to grab his friend’s hand, but to no avail…and when Sora came back to reality in the Destiny Islands, Riku was gone. To be continued…  

Hehe. As I said previously, if it seems Mary-Sue, I’d like some feedback. X_X; Hope you enjoyed it.