Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Love, Angel ❯ Part II ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Kingdom Hearts or any of its contents or characters, nor do I own anything from Kingdom Hearts II. The only thing I own at the moment is a copy of the games and strategy guides. I mean no copyright infringement when writing; I make no money with my work. If you choose to sue me, you might get a dollar out of it. I’m flat broke.

Eh-heh. This is the second half. ^_^;

So…the same applies.

Here’s the rest of the fic. ^_^;

 

 

~`~Three months later…~`~

“Let me go!”

A sickening laugh answered, “Oh, but my dear, where would you go?”

“Anywhere but here!” Riku stumbled upon the yelling, and what he saw shocked him.

Adiana was chained up, her wrists shackled behind her, the shackles chained to a wall. Her feet were left free, but a collar was in the grip of someone he hardly expected. Maleficent.

He suddenly found himself cursing blatantly the man who had possessed him. Adiana was in danger. He stepped into the room, “Maleficent.”

“Yes, dear Riku?” Her voice was painfully sweet.

“Release her.” His voice was stern, his words terse.

Maleficent smiled, having obviously known about the grip being loose enough for Riku to reclaim control, even for a short time. “You don’t know what she is…do you?”

Riku took a step forward, his eyes hateful, “I don’t care. Let her go.”

The witch only smiled in response, and she stood beside Adiana. “I think you’ll care when you really know.” Her wormy hand found a resting place on the young girl’s back, and with a bit of…persuasion, the unbelievable happened.

Long, feathery black wings burst out of Adiana’s skin, blood spattering across the wall behind her, and it stained her clothes. The open wounds from the wings allowed the thick crimson liquid to roll down her back, staining anything it could reach, just as tears of pain stained her face. She dropped to her knees, her chain jerking her bound hands painfully, ripping skin, though nothing hurt more than her back.

Maleficent smiled darkly, and she severed the chains, releasing Adiana. She grabbed Riku by the arm, handing him a leash, which was attached to Adiana’s collar. “As you wish, Riku. Have fun with your ‘pet.’ I’m sure she can entertain you.”

Even as the witch vanished in green flames, laced with black, Riku tore the collar from Adiana’s neck. He dropped to his knees, and after using a bit of dark magic he had learned from his possessor to heal the girl, he jerked her into his arms, crushing her body to his. “Oh, God…” His voice was shaky with tears, remembering what she had said just before disappearing from the island. “I’m so sorry.”

Adiana laughed softly, still a bit pained, but she felt his actions were far from ordinary for the boy. She pulled from him, “Riku…I’ve known Maleficent for a long time. She invaded my mind at around the age of eight, and didn’t leave until I was almost fifteen. She was the one who connected that man to my mind, allowed him to take possession of you.” She brushed his cheek, “I tried to warn you…I’m sorry I didn’t realize sooner.”

Riku shook his head, lifting his hand to gently stroke her cheek, brush his fingers along her soft skin, “I can’t…get rid of him. Can you help me?”

The girl shook her head, “You have to deal with him on your own, Riku…I can’t help you.”

He breathed a sigh, though he soon found Adiana’s arms wrapping around his neck, her head lolling to rest against the column, and he felt her eyelashes brush his skin as she closed her eyes. “I was so afraid for you, Riku…”

The boy let his arms slowly slide down, closing around her ribs, hugging her to him. “I promised I wouldn’t leave you, didn’t I?”

She smiled into his skin, clinging to him pitifully, “You can’t keep that promise, Riku.”

He shook his head, “I’ll get rid of him…I know I will.”

Adiana shook her head, sighing, “It’s…not that. I’m not human; don’t you see? I can’t go back to islands…even if they come back. I don’t belong with all of you…”

He pushed her back, placing his fingers to her lips, though his control was wavering. “You belong with us, Adiana. And you’re not going to argue with me.”

She laughed softly, though she tilted her head, gently kissing his fingers. The gesture was small, almost insignificant, but Riku felt a small heat well in his heart, warm him. He leaned forward, his lips brushing her cheek lightly, and he felt her relax into his arms once more. After a little while, Riku heard her speak hesitantly, “You know…we shouldn’t be doing this. You love Kairi.” Her voice was almost bereft.

Riku moved, lifting her with him, and he sat against a wall. He placed her into his lap, his arms resting around her waist gently, “Sleep, Angel.” She was sideways in his lap, due to her wings, but he could still hold her quite well. “I still have control…rest.”

Adiana tried her very best to disobey Riku, but she found it was of no use; sleep claimed her after only a few moments of being in his comforting embrace.

When the dark angel next woke, she could hear the roar of a…beast. She stood, noting that Riku wasn’t at her side, and she moved out, looking for the source of the sound.

Unfortunately for the girl, Maleficent was a witch of terrifying power, and the sound had come from her. A wormy hand found Adiana’s neck, while the ball of her staff was placed against the angel’s temple. “You are so weak without your lover…”

Before the teen could respond, Maleficent had drawn Adiana’s mind into a spell, poisoning her heart with light, for she was a dark angel.

Lifting into the air with a flap of her wings, the girl found her way to Riku mindlessly, controlled by the wicked witch. She bowed to him, her wings folding in on her back, and although the real Riku wanted desperately to free her, he was a captive himself. His hand brushed coldly over her cheek, the man controlling him dark, filled with hate.

Nearly a month passed, Adiana weakening with each day, her heart buckling with the light Maleficent poured over her. Her wings were fading from black to white, starting at the tips, moving upward, and she seemed unhealthy, pained. Riku had been lost almost completely, only having his body and a bit of consciousness left, and the two teens knew they were mere pawns in a much bigger plan.

Riku, possessed, called to the angel, and as both of them descended into the Rising Falls of Hollow Bastion, Sora was ascending. They met on a platform with a small pool of water, and tension from their previous meeting in Never Land served once more. The possessor released Riku somewhat, though only enough that he seemed himself, and Adiana stood mindlessly behind him.

Riku knocked away a beast, just in time for Sora to see the small group. The beast fell away, and Sora’s eyes widened. Not only had Riku hurt badly a large beast, but…Adiana was with him…and she had…wings? “Adiana?”

Riku laughed, “You can’t wake her, Sora.” The boy growled softly, and he ran forward, only to be blocked by Riku’s strong arm, “Don’t touch her.”

Sora glared coldly at Riku, apparently upset with his friend. “What did you do to her!?”

“Nothing.” He shrugged lightly, though the situation was weakening Sora’s heart slowly. Riku smirked suddenly, and the Keyblade appeared in his hand, as he smiled darkly at Sora. He took a wooden sword, and he tossed it to Sora, “Here. Be a hero with that.” Donald and Goofy, obeying the king’s wishes, followed Riku, though they felt chills shock their nerve endings as Adiana took up her place right behind Riku.

As they began trailing upward, Sora reached out, trying to somehow grasp Adiana’s consciousness, “Angel…” She didn’t respond, only continuing to walk, and he was forced to turn his attention to the wounded beast.

Later that day, Riku’s form changed, his arms and legs covered in what seemed to be red and blue muscles…though in one of the most terrifying forms possible. He looked positively evil, if one was being honest. Sora had whipped Maleficent, and as she fled through the portal in the Castle Chapel, Riku appeared behind her.

A few words were exchanged, and Maleficent transformed into a large, frightful dragon. In turn, her staff fell away, and the weapon was crushed by its wielder. This freed Adiana’s trapped mind, though her wings remained a white color, hardly black, and she was ultimately weak.

The girl forced her way into one of the larger rooms, past the chapel, and she ignored the protruding machinery. She stared at the Heartless insignia, which was made of a tie-dyed sort of wall, reds, blacks, and greens mixing. Riku, or who she hoped was Riku, was staring at the wall.

Touching his shoulder gently, a shock of pain moved up her arm, though her wings gained a bit more blackness. She recoiled, clutching her hand, though she turned a hateful glare to ‘Riku.’ She clenched her teeth, “Let him go.”

Riku’s voice, mixed with another, answered, “And what would that do for me, little girl?”

She growled softly, “Use me instead. I don’t care what happens to me. Just let him go!”

He laughed, “Your heart is so very weak, and so much like mine. Far too dark to use, and yet…the light is poisoning you.” Adiana had chills running down her spine with his voice, his words. It wasn’t Riku…not at all. Riku might’ve been in there…but he was buried. “This boy is strong. He has a strong heart.”

The young angel took a gliding step forward, and before ‘Riku’ could blink, his hands were held captive behind him. Her lips touched his ear, and as she spoke, tears could be heard in her voice, “Riku…you promised me you wouldn’t leave me. Please…” She could still feel the shocks, and suddenly, ‘Riku’ shot a ball of energy from his hands, sending her flying into the wall.

“Riku is no more, girl. You’re not doing anything.” He smirked, turning away, and a layer of darkness swallowed Adiana’s body. Goofy, Sora, and Donald came running up the steps, headed for ‘Riku,’ and Goofy was knocked down by a barrier. He couldn’t get in. Donald was quick enough to enter…but foolish enough to rush the possessed male.

‘Riku’ knocked Donald away, sending him through a barrier, intending to fight Sora one-on-one. Many things happened, passing all too quickly; none of the three could remember it, at least not at that time, and after what seemed like only a few weeks…

Sora found his island. Or what he thought to be his island. “Is this…is this my island?”

The young boy suddenly had a sort of flashback as he stood at the Secret Place, an all too familiar voice ringing out through the island, This world has been connected. The Paopu island disappeared, and Goofy’s accent came in, his voice shocked, “What was that?”

Tied to the darkness…soon to be completely eclipsed. Another area vanished. There is so very much to learn. The beautiful blue water turned a dark, almost sinister purple. You understand so little.

A powerful tremor began shaking the island, A meaningless effort. One who knows nothing can understand nothing. A bright light blinded the three boys, and when it dissipated, the island was in shambles. The edges of what was left of the world were jagged, protruding harshly, still in the sandy area. The dock was broken, snapped, and no water was there to make it seem even a bit like home.

‘Riku’ stood, staring out into the nothingness, seemingly transfixed, and Sora and the others approached from behind, taking a sort of defensive stance. Ansem’s voice began speaking, “Take a look at this tiny place.” He was still using Riku’s body, “To the heart seeking freedom, this island is a prison surrounded by water.” Riku’s arms began moving, Ansem having full control, “And so this boy sought out to escape from his prison.” The sinewy body bent backward, arms raised to the heavens.

“He sought a way to cross over into other worlds.” Ansem sounded completely smug, “And he opened his heart to darkness.” A glow surrounded Riku’s body, purple in the middle, darkening to blue, and finally black. The true body of Ansem showed, his eyes a cold, hard orange. He was tall, muscular, but his ego was by far the biggest thing he could’ve had.

Sora yelled in absolute anger, “Riku!” A sound, somewhat like a barrier, met the boy’s ears. There was no way to reach his best friend.

Orange, haunting eyes answered, “Don’t bother. Your voice can no longer reach him where he is.” The dark man continued, blathering on about darkness, though Sora didn’t care. He wanted nothing to do with Ansem…nothing to do with all of this. He wanted it to be over.

And it finally was…after all that time. Riku and King Mickey were both sealed within Kingdom Hearts…sealed in with the Heartless. Riku’s final words continued to ring through Sora’s mind, even afterward. “Take care of her.”

Somehow…he knew Riku was talking about Kairi. But not the way most would think. Riku was giving up the life he had…giving it all up to help seal the door. And Kairi was given up with it. He couldn’t cling to her…Sora loved her, and he had her love.

Speaking of love…Adiana wasn’t heard from. In fact, the busy life everyone was leading nearly erased her from memory. Sora, Donald, and Goofy were all looking for Riku and the king, while the two latter seemed to be fighting a much bigger battle.

~`~Sometime Later…~`~

A long, painful year and three quarters passed, perhaps even more, each day grueling. Fortunately, Sora, Donald, and Goofy managed to stay together. Riku, on his own, chose to leave King Mickey, still having trouble with Ansem. The man just wouldn’t let go; a part of him was clinging pitifully to Riku’s heart.

Mickey, somehow, had tracked down Sora and the gang, and had been meeting up with them in and out occasionally. The royal mouse came just in time to Twilight Town, a strange world, to help out the three heroes. They defeated several Nobodys, and after a bit of talking, they ventured into the Old Mansion in the world.

The gang found an underground lab, which was what they were looking for, and after entering a password, they found a way to a part of the world that would give them access to their final destination: The World That Never Was.

And though they found what they were looking for, they found something else, too…

“…Adiana?” Sora’s voice was deeper, though he still had that note of emotion that showed so clearly. He took a few steps, trailing forward slowly, apparently a bit afraid of the girl. He hadn’t forgotten her…but he hadn’t thought much about her, either.

The girl was crushed into a corner, her body crumbled in a heap, her wings still exposed, though she was obviously alive. Daringly, Sora pushed her hair out of her eyes, shaking her shoulders gently, “Angel.”

Stirring slowly, Adiana groaned. How long had it been since someone had used that name? She cracked open her eyes to see a much older Sora, one that was far better looking than the one she knew. But the childish sort of smile gave him away, his eyes too true to be anyone else’s. “…Sora?”

He grinned, and he grabbed her by the sides, gently pulling her up, “What happened to you?”

She groaned again, rubbing her head, “I remember trying to get Riku back to his old self…and then darkness. Darkness. That’s it…nothing but darkness. This is the first time I’ve seen color in so long…”

Sora grinned again, “Hey…come with us. We’re going to find Riku and Kairi and go home.”

She looked away, “I can’t go home. But I’ll come along for the ride.” And the girl did as she said she would; she followed them through The World That Never Was, occasionally healing the others. But she was exhausted easily; her heart was dark, and yet Maleficent’s poison was still gripping her.

Too often for her liking, Sora carried her on his back, though she did walk most of the time. As they reached the Hall of Empty Melodies, her legs buckled beneath her, shuddering, and the angel slammed into the floor. It was a bit too late, though, because Sora and the others were engaged in battle. She didn’t dare interfere in her state.

The battle finally ended, and the quartet climbed up toward the higher level of the Hall of Empty Melodies, intent upon reaching Kairi and a man they couldn’t really recognize; after all, Kairi was in danger. The teen boy ended up carrying Adiana’s unconscious form soon enough, only releasing her to help out the two battlers.

A handful of words were exchanged, though Kairi soon threw herself into Sora’s arms, her own wrapping around his ribs. Being the small girl that she is, Sora’s arms closed around her shoulders completely, and both relished the hug for as long as they could.

The man in the black cloak made to leave, “Wait. Ansem…I mean…Xehanort’s Heartless.” He stopped, “I never thought for a second that I’d see you again. But…you saved Kairi, right? So…I should be thankful for that.”

He tried to leave again, but Kairi ran forward, grabbing him by the arm. “Riku…don’t go.”

Sora was stunned, “What?”

“I said Riku.”

The man seemed absolutely agitated with her actions, but he couldn’t well object; after all, he wouldn’t harm Kairi. He said something about being a castaway, but Kairi didn’t care; she begged Sora to say something. Anything. After the hero realized it really was Riku, he fell to his knees, grasping his best friend’s hand, tears pouring from his eyes. “I looked everywhere for you…”

“I didn’t want to be found.” Riku’s voice was a bit deeper.

For a while, Sora forgot completely the unconscious girl, his attention on Riku and their talking. However, when a soft groan echoed in the empty hall, he bolted to check on the girl. She rubbed her head, “What hit me?”

Riku stiffened at the voice, knowing it immediately, though he dared not speak up. Sora laughed, “You were unconscious.”

She stood shakily, making a muffled sound, “You know…I think it’d be easier just to kill me.” Her knees gave out once more, but Sora caught her, and she breathed a sound of gratitude.

After turning around, Sora lifted the angel onto his back, carrying her as he had been for a while. However, the voice of ‘Ansem’ broke the routine. He lifted the girl, carrying her bridal-style, “Let me.”

Adiana found herself staring up at the man, and for a moment, she was angry. That…presence. It was the one who possessed Riku. But…it was different somehow. She released a long breath, her body going limp in his arms, and she let her consciousness drift in and out.

When the girl woke next, she heard a deep, gravelly voice speaking, arguing with another man. She missed most of the conversation, but one thing hit her heart, and hard. “You know what to do, Riku.”

The tallest male swept up any that tried to reach the man with gravelly voice, just as a bit of machinery exploded. The result was a huge flash of light, throwing Kairi, Riku, Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Adiana backward, along with making a rather large gap in Kingdom Hearts.

Sora groaned softly, stirring, and he walked forward. He rushed over, seeing Riku in his true form, “Riku!”

Riku groaned in response, pushing himself up, and he finally stood. Mickey’s peppy voice came up, “Ansem did say anything could happen.”

Sora interrupted, “Hey, you gonna take that off?”

The elder boy made a soft sound of confusion, before a soft “oh” escaped him. He gently pulled a black bandanna away from his eyes, blinking everything into focus. Sora spoke, “What was that for?”

Mickey answered for Riku, “His eyes couldn’t lie.”

“And exactly who were you trying to fool, huh?”

Riku’s answer was flat, somewhat hurtful, and most of all, shocking to Sora, “Myself.”

“Riku…you know you have your friends…like us.” Sora grinned, standing in front of Riku, with the group of people. “Why did you try to do it all on your own?”

“You wanna know why?” Something was churning in his mind, “I’ll tell you why.” A dramatic pause, and… “Because I’m not a total sap like you!” He was holding back a laugh, and Sora pouted.

Kairi suddenly released a soft cry, interrupting the conversation, and when they all turned, they found exactly what had scared her.

Adiana was on her feet, her wings a pure, untainted black. Her dress was a crimson, blood-like, and it only dropped to mid-thigh. It hugged her features, though left room for combat. A long staff was in her hands, and her eyes were as close to black as possible. Her hair was long, brushing her waist, even though it was tied up with a red ribbon.

She was pale, her skin almost albino, though the most frightening thing of all was the small protrusion of fangs from her mouth. They were tiny, just barely bigger than human teeth, but if she decided to “bite back,” they’d likely pierce skin. Kairi stumbled back a step or two, apparently just then noticing Adiana’s presence.

The dark angel twisted her wrists, flexing her fingers, and she ran a hand through her hair. “I won’t bite you.” Her voice was the same as before she left the island, “I might have fangs, but it comes with the deal of being somewhat evil.”

Her hand came to rest on her waist, and she smiled, “Apparently, that machine returned me to normal…just as it did Riku.” Sora stepped aside, revealing his best friend, and a twisted sort of smirk marred her lips.

Riku stared at the girl, somewhat afraid of her appearance. She looked like some sort of vampire. Still…he knew it was Adiana. “Is this what you were hiding?”

She flinched, “I told you I didn’t belong on Destiny Islands.”

Riku folded his arms over his chest, “You didn’t say anything about this.”

Adiana made a soft sound, “If I remember correctly, you asked me if I would tell you. And I told you that I would if I could. But I couldn’t.” He made to protest, but she silenced him, “If I had told you, Riku, you wouldn’t have believed me. Not only that, I couldn’t prove it. I didn’t want to prove it. I wanted to be lying to myself.”

She crossed her arms over her chest, “If I admitted it to you, I would’ve been admitting it to myself.” She chewed on her lower lips, tearing it, “And when Maleficent forced the wings out of my back, she knew exactly what she was doing. She poured light into my heart. And I’m a dark angel; she weakened me with what makes you and the others strong.” She shook her head, glowering, “I’m the exact opposite of all of you.”

She finally decided to finish up, “And now I’m in my true form. I’m a dark angel. Evil at heart. Does that not make any sense to you?”

Riku laughed softly, and he walked forward, flicking her on the forehead, “You’re just as stubborn as ever.” He had to grin, “If you were evil, Angel, I believe we’d know.” His face suddenly transformed, a dark frown tainting his full, lush lips, “I had a Heartless living in me, spreading in my heart. And I took that form in order to wield the darkness. You’re no more evil than I am.”

The girl flinched, but she poked him in the chest, “I’ll argue with you later.”

Riku pondered, though when he realized all the Heartless growing, he nodded. The others took off ahead of him, and he ripped off his cloak, revealing new clothes. He apparently liked purple. Adiana made to trail ahead, follow the group, but strong, warm arms surrounded her waist from behind. Her wings had been spread, and Riku had just enough room to hold her to him.

His head nuzzled into her neck, and he closed his eyes, “I’m sorry, Adiana, for all I did.”

Adiana ducked out of his embrace, and she stepped forward, touching his cheek, “We don’t have time for this right now, Riku.” She looked away, “And you know that I can’t stay on the islands…not like this.”

Riku grabbed her wrist roughly, jerking her back as she tried to leave, “I don’t belong with anyone, Angel. Not after all that I’ve done.”

The girl made an impatient sound, and without warning, he was swept into her arms. “Don’t you dare squirm. I won’t drop you. Being dark has its advantages.”

The boy was immensely shocked at her strength, though when he focused, he could feel hot energy coursing through her arms. It wasn’t her muscles that were holding him up…but her powers. She lifted into the air, apparently stopping protests from the boy; after all, if he tried to get down, he’d break his neck.

She flew through the door, rushed out into the larger chamber ahead, and her wings carried both of them until she landed beside Sora and the others. The Heartless were invading. Before the group could think to attack, Pete and Maleficent appeared, and a jolt of pain shot through Adiana.

Maleficent apparently didn’t care about Adiana’s presence. Instead, she wanted the “castle” for her own. The two “villains” rushed forward, taking care of the Heartless on their own.

The group went on ahead, throwing themselves into a long, grueling battle against Xemnas. Once done, they all gathered on the platform, celebrating very slightly. However, a rather large quake shook the tower, and they all decided it was time to go. Riku attempted to open a path of darkness, but he was pure once more…not dark as he had been.

Fortunately, Naminé opened a path for them, allowing escape. King Mickey, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto all leaped through, wanting to go home, and yet the Destiny Island members remained. Kairi and Naminé fused, as did Sora and Roxas, and Sora stared at his hands, apparently confused. Riku walked forward, laughing on the inside, “Don’t worry. You’re all still you.”

Kairi stepped forward, turning, and she smiled at the three, though Adiana was overlooking the castle, looking back in her memories. Kairi waved, “Let’s go home.”

Riku and Sora nodded, though Adiana didn’t seem all there. Riku turned, and he grabbed the girl, pushing her forward. Kairi grabbed the angel by the wrist, tugging her into the darkness, seeing clearly Riku’s intent: Adiana would go to the Destiny Islands whether she wanted to or not.

As soon as Adiana was through, Kairi turned, walking into the darkness. The darkness began closing, shutting around Kairi, and she reached out for the boys, “Sora! Riku!”

They rushed forward, but it was too late; Kairi was gone. A dragon came flying by, made of what seemed to be machines, and the two boys realized that Xemnas wasn’t dead. Far from it, it seemed. Another arduous battle ensued, longer and harder than the first – it was just Riku and Sora.

Back on the island, Donald, Goofy, and King Mickey were seated on the dock. Kairi murmured something for at least the third time in the past thirty minutes, “They’ll come back. I know they will.”

Adiana looked at the girl, as both of them were seated on the sandy beach, feet near the water, “There’s no need to repeat yourself, Kairi. Look.” A slim finger pointed to what seemed to be two meteorites, though…they were humans. Sora and Riku, to be exact.

Kairi stood, and she watched as the two boys surfaced, blowing water from their mouths. “Sora! Riku!” It was Kairi’s voice, loud and clear, and Sora turned to Riku. The two boys nodded, swimming back toward the island.

Riku crouched in the water, watching as Sora stumbled through the sand and shallow water, though…Donald and Goofy both tackled him, causing him to splash back into the water all too roughly. Mickey, on the other hand, launched himself forward, the force so powerful that Riku fumbled the mouse. Fortunately, he found his grip, twirling the mouse around, and Mickey grinned with a happy laugh.

Sora finally forced the duck and dog from him, and he grinned up at Kairi, “You’re home.” She offered him her hand, and he gripped the outstretched appendage, simultaneously placing her lucky charm back into her hand, grinning. “Welcome home.”

Adiana was perched on the dock, her head tilted skyward, as if waiting for something. The reunion lasted for a little while, congratulations passed around, though eventually, everyone but Adiana and Riku left. She was the first to speak, “You’re not going to go to your parents?”

Riku grabbed her hands, pulling her down, and he forced her to crash into him, “You know…I promised not to leave you.”

The angel stared at him, though a small smile slowly lit her features, “You did…didn’t you?”

Bending his head, he nuzzled her neck, wrapping his arms around her ribs. “I did.” He hugged her to him, and without warning, Adiana felt tears pelt her skin. “And I broke that promise too many times to let you go now.”

The girl made a soft sound, “You’ve been through so much, Riku…so much pain. I can feel it.” Her arms moved, wrapping tightly around his neck, “What you did then doesn’t matter. You were under the control of a Heartless.”

He shook his head, “I was still in there. I could’ve stopped him.”

Adiana nuzzled the side of his head, “No, Riku. You would’ve been fighting a pointless battle.”

Riku pulled away from her, staring right into her eyes. “Adiana…I hurt you.” He looked away, “And I did it for Kairi. She would’ve been found no matter what…and Sora, too. We all could’ve been together…if I could’ve just…sent him away.”

“But you couldn’t.” She made a muffled sound, flicking him on the nose, “And I don’t want to hear any more about it.” After a moment, she brushed his tears away with her thumb, “You’ve saved my life on more than one occasion, Riku. You gave me a place to run to when I couldn’t bear my parents anymore. You were always around to comfort me, even if you didn’t realize it.”

He opened his mouth to respond, but no words could form, and he sealed his lips again. She laughed softly, brushing her lips against his cheek, and made to leave; after all, he wasn’t going back without her. However, Riku shocked her.

He grabbed her wrist just as she turned to walk away, pulled her backward, forcing her to twirl in his grasp, and his arms surrounded her, “You really think you’re going to get away with a kiss like that, Angel?” His smirk was wide on his face, though even louder in his voice.

She gaped up at him, her jaw slightly slack, and Riku barely held in a laugh, “You owe me from the last time we kissed.” The girl thought for a little while, though her memories trailed to Hollow Bastion, when he was still in control. He had kissed her on the cheek, and she had commented about his love for Kairi.

The girl felt her mouth open, forming a small “O,” and Riku finally laughed. He bent his head, taking the opening, and he kissed her thoroughly, slowly. Adiana shivered with delight as his tongue explored her mouth, as she tasted him again. He was so…perfect. And he didn’t even complain about the fangs, as she had expected. Unfortunately, it ended all too quickly, and she pouted, “So now you’re going to flirt with me?”

He tried to keep from smiling, but it didn’t work, and a grin spread over his features. He bent, capturing her lips again, and he stole the breath from her lungs, “Far from it.” He kissed her lightly, just a brush of lips, and continued, “I’d prefer to say that I already have you, and skip the flirting.”

Her eyebrow shot up, “Oh, so I’m yours now?”

“You know you love me.” He was smug.

Her face softened, and she stood on her toes, brushing a sweet kiss against his lips. “I do…so much more than you could ever know.” She nuzzled his neck, taking in his scent.

Riku bent his head, leaning his forehead against hers, and he stared right into her eyes as he spoke, “I beg to differ, Angel.” His aqua eyes were filled with so many emotions, all so strong, “Because for a long time, I’ve wanted to see you again. Just you. I wanted to tell you so much…to apologize.” He watched tears well in her eyes at his sincerity, his pure honesty, “And I wanted to be able to tell you that I loved you.”

Her eyes widened considerably, and he smiled, hugging her frame to his, “I’ve had a long time to think about it. And the more I told myself that I’d never see you again, the more it hurt.”

Adiana swallowed a huge knot in her throat, though she found her head taking its place in his neck. “Riku…I can’t live without you. I can’t leave here…not without you.” She couldn’t hold in the tears that tainted her face, her emotions more than she ever would’ve expected, “I love you too, Riku.”

His arms moved down, circling her waist, and the two held each other, afraid to let go. They had both been through so much, and at the time…there couldn’t have been more comfort than being in each other’s arms.
End  

Well…that wasn’t great. But if you read it, hopefully you enjoyed it. ^_^;