Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Miyuki's Story ❯ How It Began ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Miyuki and Unknown were walking in a small valley. Sure, Unknown was evil, a servant of the mysterious, main evil, and Miyuki was good, the main guardian of the Kingdom keyblade, but Miyuki was in need of some assistant in finding her friends and Unknown offered to help.

Miyuki now played with her keyblade pendants on her necklace, boredly. When she wanted, the two pendants would transform into her two weapons, Angel Wing and Demon Wing.

Suddenly, a large Heartless attacked the two! "Oh crap. Where the hell did this thing come from?" Her pendants glow and her keyblades appear in her hands.

Unknown chuckled as his keyblades appeared in his hands. "This will be fun. Let's go!" He starts running towards the Heartless.

Miyuki tossed her keyblades at the Heartless, knocking it back a bit. Unknown jumped into the air and stabbed the large Heartless in the head. "Die!"

The Heartless faded into nothing, leaving behind some munny. Miyuki rushed over and collected the munny. "Alright! We can get some dinner now!"

"Then let's get out of here," Unknown said. He summons his gummi ship, they get in, and head to Traverse Town. "Hmmm. What's a good food joint?"

Miyuki pointed to a small restaurant. "Chucks and Bucks?" Unknown nodded and they walked into the restaurant. They get a booth near a large window and order dinner.

An hour later....

Miyuki gets up from the table, tossing her back over her shoulder. "So, do you know where my three twerps are?"

Unknown laid back a little. "Yeah." He smirked. "I destoryed Sora and Riku and Kairi is at my mansion."

Miyuki's eyes widened. "What?!"

"I killed the boys and Kairi is locked up at my mansion."

She looked at her bag, remembering the Paopu fruit she has in it. "Why?!"

The dark male chuckled. " I wanted to test their power....they were too weak."

"I-I can't believe you! That's it! I'm leaving!" She turned to leave.

"Why?" Unknown spoke. "Are you......afraid of the darkness."

She stopped but didn't turn around, shuttering slightly at the word 'darkness'. "I'm noy afraid of the darkness...."

"Then why are you leaving?" he asked.

".....you killed two of my friends....I've also failed Sora.....I am or was a Guardian of the Kingdom keyblade....," she answered.

"You don't need Sora..."

Miyuki turned to face Unknown. "What do you mean I don't need him?"

"You just need the keyblades, right?" Unknown gave her a small smirk. "Well, don't you?"

Miyuki shook her head. "No, I was just to protect the Keyblade from being stolen from Sora.....I've failed in even protecting Sora."

Unknown opened a dark portal and stood before it. "Well, sorry but I have to test your stength." He ordered her, "Get inside the portal."

She crossed her arms and cocked an eyebrow. "What?"

He groaned and rolled his eyes. "Am I talking to my self?"

"Why should I follow you?"

"I want to test you strength. Are you scared to fight me?"

She growled. "I'm not scared. I don't have time to fool around with you." She took a step toward him. " I want you to bring back Sora and Riku! I don't care how but I know you can!"

"Why should I, Miyuki?"

Her voice was now rising. :They're my friends also my family!"

He waved one hand at her. "Ok, ok. I'll bring them back but they won't have any memories.

"What?! Why?!"

"Silly girl, I broke their hearts with darkness."

She looked down. "Just....bring them back.....please."

He held his hand out to the dark portal next to him. "Just step inside."

Still not looking up, Miyuki stepes into the dark portal, Unknown followed, then it closed behind him. Miyuki sighed and closed her eyes tightly, she was never a big fan of any form of darkness. Unknown looked at her, obviously able to see in the black nothing. "What do you see?"

She didn't open her eyes. "Nothing.....just darkness."

"That's right. Find them in the darkness with your light."

She slowly stepped through the darkness, eyes still closed. She seemed to begin to know her way around.

Unknown smirked and whispered to her, "That's right. You're doing good, Miyuki."

She held her hands out and stopped, she was touching something soild. Her eyes opened. "A door?"

Unknown told her, simply, "Open it."

She opened the door, it was a bit heavy, then a bright light flashed onto them. She stepped in and found herself standing on the sandy shore of Destiny Island, her home. "I'm.....home?"

"Yes. Look around. What do you see?"

Miyuki's eyes scanned the beautifull beach carefully. "Everything's the same as it was before.....," She froze and gasped, "The ocean! It's nothing but a black void! This isn't my home!"

Unknown laughed and shrugged. "Yeah, you're right. This decoy place Ansem made was filled with darkness after the door was opened and he died. This will explain it all." He handed her an old looking scroll.

She read the scroll through then looked at him. "The seven princesses..." Unknown simply nodded. "Ansem tried that and we killed him...that's when Kingdom Hearts was opened...."

"True, but that wasn't Ansem....it was me, and I am back."

"What?! Just who are you?!" Miyuki growled throwing the scroll at him.

"I am simply Unknown." He chuckled when he saw her back away from him. "Hm, you are afraid of the darkness."

She shook her head. "No! No I'm not!"

'She's in denial,' Unknown said in his head then he said out loud, "Fight me and I'll restore everything."

Her keyblades appeared in her hands. How could she pass that up? She really wanted Riku and Sora back. "Let's do this." Unknown telaported them to a large dark void and gestured for her to start.

Miyuki charged towards him, jumped into the air, and attacked him with both of her keyblades. He blocked the attack with his hand though. "Come on now," Unknown whined, "You have to be stronger than this."

She flipped back and growled at the hooded male. She then shoved her keyblades into the ground. "Wings!" A pair of wings appeared on her back. One was black and the other was white, like her keyblades. She removed her keyblades from the ground and flew towards him in attack. She shoved her Demon Wing through his right shoulder, blood spilling from the wound.

"And that's supposed to do something to me?" He took his keyblade and stabbed her in the stomach.

She gagged and coughed a bit, blood slowly dripping out of her mouth and the wound in her stomach. He removed the keyblade and she fell to her knees. "N-no..."

"Get up, Guardian. You must fight."

She stood up, wobbled a bit, then fell down to her knees again. "I-I can't."

"Yes you can. Remember what I told you." She stood up once more, ran towards him, and stabbed him in the chest with her Angel Wing. Unknown groaned but smiled at her. "That's right but that is just hate in your power. Use you light!"

"Use my light.....use my.....light!" Her keyblades started glowing.

Unknown continued to cheer her on. "That's right! Use it!"

She pulled back the blades as they formed into one, Ultima Wing. She smirked and stabbed him through the heart. "Any last words, murderer?"

Unknown smirked as blood dripped from his mouth. "Yeah. Thanks for the fight. See ya!" He disappeared in a group of darkness.

She stepped back as hi disappeared, her keyblade returning to it's two pendant form. Her surroundings changed back into Destiny Islands but this time, it really was her home. She sighed and panted. "Finally."

She felt a hand on her shoulder and turned to see Riku. "Hey you." She smiled. "Where's Sora?"

"I don't know," he answered. "Let's go find him." Miyuki nodded and picked up her bag. Riku looked at her, she was still bleeding a bit. "Do you need help?" he asked. She shook her head and pointed out to him that her wounds were already healing themselves.

"If they have Sora still, then we need to go to the World That Never Was." She summoned her own gummi ship and the two got into it. Miyuki sat ina chair after placing the ship on auto pilot. "Unknown....he told me you wouldn't have your memories."

Riku nodded. "True but he gave them back after you showed him your light."

Miyuki smiled. "I'm glad."

"But.....you have to be careful.....he infested my heart with darkness. I could turn on you at any second." Miyuki nodded. Soon after, they arrive at the World That Never Was.

When they stepped off the ship, Unknown appeared out of nowhere. Miyuki's keyblades appeared in her hands. "Back for another ass kicking?"

"Miyuki.....," Riku said to her, "I can't fight him.....he is.....my light...."

Her eyes widened. "What?! If I fight him, will you be okay?"

Riku nodded. "Only if you take my heart and show your light."

Miyuki takes his heart right before he fell to the ground uncontious. Hey keyblades fuse into Ultima Wing then fused with Riku's heart and transformed again. "I'll kill you." She jumped into the air. "Fira!" A flame covered her blade. She landed behind Unknown and stabbed him through the chest. "Ultima!" The blade glowed once more then turns back into its two original forms. She forces them each through his sides, splitting him in half. Unknown then disappeared and her keyblades returned to pendant form.

Riku slowly returned contiousness, his heart having been returned after she won. "She....did.....it..."

She walked over to Riku and kneeled to him. "Are you okay?" she asked.

He nodded. "Thanks to you." He stood and brushed himself off. "Let's continue looking for Sora."

She nodded and they began walking. Suddenly, a door appeared. "Whoa!" Miyuki spazzed. "Where did the door come from?!"

Riku looked at her. "Wanna go in it?"

"We should. It may lead to Sora," she answered.

Riku opened the door and a light engulped them. "What's that?!" She pointed to the large water capsule in front of them. She gasped. "Is that-?!"

"Sora?" Riku nodded. Miyuki backed up a little. "You need to open it, Miyuki."

"Yeah." Angel Wing appeared in her hand and she held it up, pointing at the lock on the capsule. A beam of light shot from the keyblade and hit the lock. The lock fell to the floor. "I did it!"

"Sora!" Riku rushed over to the teen's body. A keyblade was in Sora's chest, right in his heart.

Miyuki held her hands to her mouth. "N-no!"

"I can help him. When he wakes up, make sure you take good care of him and that no one can do this again," Riku told her.

"What?!" Before Riku could answer her, he placed his heart into Sora's chest, after removing the keyblade, then Riku disappeared. "Riku!"

Sora slowly woke up. "What's going on?"

"Sora! Are you alright?"

She slowly nodded. "Yeah, Miyuki, I'm fine. Where Riku?"

"He gave you his heart then faded away." She looked down sadly.

"Damnit, Riku!"

Miyuki looked at her bag, remembering the Paopu in it, and started to cry. Sora looked at her, stood up, he was about five inches taller than her, and wiped away her tears with his thumb. "It's okay," he whispered.

"I-I know, but h-he's gone!" she choaked out in a sob.

"Just as long as we don't forget him, I think he's alright," Sora told her.

She swallowed another sob. "I-I don't want him to be just a memory..."

"He won't be just a memory in our hearts." He placed his hands onto her shoulders.

"I'm sorry Sora......even you know it's not the same." She pulled away. "We better get back to the island."

"M-Miyuki..." The two get into the Miyuki's gummi ship and go home. Once they arrive, Miyuki walked to the Paopu tree and sat on the trunk of the tree.

Sora followed and sat beside her. "Thinking about Riku?"

Miyuki sighed and watched the sunset. "Yeah..."

"Me too. I wonder where's at?"

"Who knows..." She pulled the Paopu out of her bag and threw it into the water. Sora knew exactly who she was going to give the Paopu to but he chose not to say anything about it.

Sora threw his head back. "Riku! We'll find you, no matter what!" he shouted. He looked at Miyuki. "Right?"

She smiled weakly. "Yeah...."

"Cheer up, you need to. Just pull out your keyblade and wave it in the air." Angel Wing appeared in Miyuki's hand and she waves it in the air. Sora smiled. "That's good. Do you know what that does?" She shook her head. "It sends a singal to Riku. If he's alive, he will send a dark ball to you." Speaking of one, a dark ball floated down from the sky, landed in Miyuki's lap, then disappeared.

Miyuki's jaw dropped and Sora jumped up from the trunk. "Did you see that?!" Miyuki smiled and nodded. "He's alive! He's alive! Let's go find Riku!" She nodded and the two made their way to the gummi ship. "Miyuki, what will you do once we see Riku?"

Miyuki stopped, Sora stopping with her. She picked up her Paopu that had washed up on the shore. "I'll give him this...."

Sora smiled. "That would me great!"

She smiled too. They got into the gummi ship and started flying through space. Sora saw a warp hole nearby. "I wonder where that leads. Let's take it." Miyuki steered they ship into the warp hole and then, Castle Oblivion appeared. "I think.....I've been here before....what about you?" Sora asked as they stepped off the ship.

"It does seem pretty familiar," she answered. They walked inside the castle. Miyuki looked around and was drawn to one door. "Let's go in here." She pushed the door open and they walk into the room. It was like the main hall; big, white, and empty.

Suddenly a large, dark heart appeared. "W-what is that?!" Miyuki gasped. Sora answered, "I-I think....I think it's the heart of Unknown..." Before Miyuki could say anything, a keyhole appeared on the heart. "Miyuki, you know what to do, right?"

Demon Wing appeared in her hand as she nodded. She pointed the keyblade at the keyhole. A beam of light shot from the keyblade and hit the keyhole. The sound of a lock locking was heard. "What?" Miyuki scratched her head. "I locked something...." The keyblade disappeared.

"Miyuki.....we better go," Sora said, trying to pull her along.

Miyuki shiftly turned to the doors. "A trap!" The doors slammed shut and locked. She then began looking around. "Show yourself coward!" They heard footsteps from behind them. They turned to look at a darkly cloaked figure.

"Hey! Who are you and what have you done to Riku?" Sora shouted to the figure.

'Darkness.....in his eyes.....oh god....no more darkness!' Miyuki screamed in her head.

The figure pouted. "Don't you reconize me, Sora? I'm your darkness!" Keyblades appeared in the figure's hands.

"Roxas?!"

Miyuki backed away. "I better stay out of this fight....I don't belong in it...."

Roxas jumped into the air and attacked Sora. Sora pulled out his keyblade and blocked the attack. "Miyuki! Run! Run!" Miyuki rushed to the closes shut door and started ramming into it, trying to break it down. "RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" A bright light came from Sora as he went into his final form.

Miyuki froze. "S-Sora...."

Sora snapped at her, "Don't just stand there, GET OUT OF HERE!!"

Miyuki used all of her strength and broke through the door. She then ran to the first floor but stopped. "Should I really leave him?"

Sora ran past her. "JUST GET OUT OF HERE!" She nodded and followed him into the gummi ship.

"What about Riku?" she asked.

Sora shook his head. "He's not there. It was just a trap."

Miyuki sighed. "I wonder where he is..." Sora sighed too.

"Let's try another world. How about Traverse Town?"

Miyuki nodded and flew them to Traverse Town. When they arrive they notice everything in the First district was peaceful as usual. "Well, district one is always this quiet...let's search district two."

"You check district two, I'll check the third one." They then spilt up.

Miyuki went up to the town bell and looked down upon the district. She sat no the edge and sighed deeply. "Where are you Riku?"

With Sora, once arriving in the Third district, he saw a large heartless beside the water fountain. "Hey you, come here!" He ran to the heartless, keyblade ready. After Sora killed the heartless, a dark portal appeared and Riku stepped out. "Riku?!"

Miyuki came to the Third district. "Second district it clear Sor-Riku?!" She froze. "Is that really you?"

PART ONE....END

TO BE CONTINUED....