Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Selexia: A Living Weapon ❯ Chapter 6:: Round 2! ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 6:: Round 2!
Everyone was silent for a minute. Then, Axel stood up and started clapping. Demyx followed his lead, then the rest of the crowd. Selexia broke focus from the battle that had just happened, and looked around at the crowd. They clapped and cheered her name."Yeah, Selexia! Way to go! Yeah!" Axel yelled.Selexia giggled nervously and waved to him.Xemnas stood up. "Well, it's clear you have some skills in battle...but what about more difficult opponents?"At that signal, a thousand Heartless...and Nobodies!...surrounded her! She grinned, ready for action. She fought through the swarm, doing flips, dives, punches and kicks."I can't believe I can do this!" Selexia thought excitedly.She weaved through the group easily, flowing gracefully. Finally, she saw the last Nobody. It weaved through the air, trying to attack. Selexia slid forward, underneath the Nobody, then pushed herself up. As the Nobody landed and turned around, Selexia thrust her arm forward. Her open palm hit the Nobody flat in the forehead, then while it was stunned, she went down and swiped it off its feet with a low spin kick, then turned and hit it in the chest.The Nobody disappeared, and the crowd cheered again. Axel, Demyx, and the Dancer and Assasin Nobodies swarmed her. The rest of the Nobodies rushed down as well, and most of the Organization members went down to congradulate Seleixa."I knew you could do it!" Axel yelled. Selexia blushed.Xemnas stepped down to the battle field. "Bravo, Selexia. You do have quite a knack for hand-to-hand combat...but, well, I really don't think it's going to help you against your next opponent!" he said with a flourish, then left.Larxene stood up. "Yeah, sure that stuff'll beat Heartless and Nobodies...but that crap is nothin' against me!" She jumped from her chair down to the field, taking out her knives.Demyx stared at her. "You're her next opponent? You're not supposed to fight now! Not until Xemnas comes back!"Larxene smirked. "Yes, I am her next opponent, and about that whole waiting thing...I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!" She rushed at Selexia.Selexia gasped. "Why? Why does she want to fight me so bad?" Then, she felt a tingling in her hand. She raised her arm. "No!"A giant clang rang through the room. Selexia opened her eyes. "I...I'm alright?"She saw Larxene, an expression of surprise and fear on her face. Her hands shook as well, causing the knives to clang against something.That "something" was a giant sword. It was half black, half white, with the dividing line long-ways. The handle, connected to the black part, was wrapped in a fishnet material over top white wrappings, which continued even after the handle. It slowly wrapped itself around Selexia's wrist, hand and up to her elbow. The white part, ending near the handle, continued to arc, then create a squiggle, resembling a contorted music note.
Selexia stared for a moment at the sword. It was unbelievable! It had just come out of nowhere... saved her!
Larxene seemed to fall over backwards, staring at Selexia and her new weapon.
Selexia lowered her weapon, and stared down at it. It was so strange... but she felt like it belonged here with her. She knew it was her's. She could feel it.
Larxene got up quickly, almost as if she was startled. She looked at Selexia, sniffed like she was better than Selexia, then left.
Then, the room exploded into applause. Axel, Demyx, and their respective Nobody groups flooded back around Selexia. All of the other Organization members and their Nobodies stayed put at their places, but stood up and clapped wildly. Even Riku, from his place at the side, was grinning and clapping.
Demyx hugged her, his arms wrapping around her neck. "Great job, Selexia! That was so cool!" He let go.
Axel stood staring at her for a moment after Selexia was released by Demyx. Selexia shifted uncomfortably. "Maybe I did something wrong...?"
Then, he charged at her, wrapping his arms all the way around her. He held her close. Selexia felt her face getting hot. "What is he doing? Why is my face turning warm? Maybe... maybe it's from him... his heat..."
"You were awesome, Selexia!" he yelled. He picked her up, hands on her waist. He spun her around, laughing, then lifted her up onto his shoulder. "Just amazing!" he said to her.
Everyone started coming down from the stands now, both Organization XIII members and Nobodies. They joined the crowd in the battlefield area, then started to stream out.
Axel, with Selexia, Demyx and Roxas finally went out. The three boys were laughing, thrilled about her victory. Selexia smiled a little, and laughed. "That was a happy laugh," she noted to herself, "not a 'funny-laugh', right?" She was still getting used to expressing her thoughts.
"Well, there goes Xemnas, Saix and Vexen... probably off to go scheme, huh?" Demyx commented as the men disappeared up the stairs.
"Xigbar and Xaldin are probalby off to go practice battle attacks..." Roxas said, watching the two leave down a corridor.
"Um, excuse me?" Selexia put in, but the boys continued, not having heard her.
"Luxord's probably off to have a drink and gamble somewhere..."
"Uh, Axel?"
"Marluxia's off with Larxene... I think they're hiding something..."
"Maybe they're in love?"
The boys laughed.
"Hey... Axel?"
"And Lexaeus is following Zexion back to their basement-"
"HEY!"
They all stopped, looking up at Selexia.
"Yeah, Selexia?" He looked up at her, partly amused by how she had yelled. This caused her to blush again, and to become a lot quieter.
"Um... I was just trying to say... that you can put me down now, Axel..."
He smirked. "Why? You ain't afraid of heights, are ya?"
"N-no! Of course not! That's not it, i just meant that-"
"Oh, really?" He moved his shoulder suddenly. Because she wasn't holding on to anything, she started to fall. She thought that she was going to hit the ground when, while she was in mid-air, he grabbed her arm and spun her around. Then, all within a second, he caught her, his hands on her hips. Because of a combined effect of force and gravity, she fell into his chest, her hands holding onto the fronts of his hood.
She moaned, not fully knowing what had happened, and looked up. She was staring right into his face. He looked down at her, surprised and a little embarrassed. She backed up a step, her hands still on his chest, his still on her hips. She quickly looked down.
"Uh, guys?"
Selexia and Axel both jumped back away from each other. Axel's hands had flown away from Selexia's waist. He turned and folded his arms.
Selexia had her arms completely stiff, hands clenched, looking down to the floor. Roxas came up from behind her, putting a hand on her shoulder.
"Um, Selexia? Are you all right?"
She shook her head a little, then faced Roxas and Demyx.
"Yeah, I'm ok. Axel saved me from falling, so I'm ok." She glanced over to Axel, who was facing away from her, Demyx and Roxas. Then she looked back. "I guess I'm just a little wiped out... is that how you say it? 'Wiped out'?"
Demyx and Roxas laughed.
"Yeah," answered Demyx, "Wiped out... tired... all-tuckered-out-"
"No one says 'all tuckered out' anymore, Dem!" Roxas said, still laughing.
"Fine, then zonked!"
Selexia giggled. "I like that one... 'zonked'!"
Axel whirled around, walking over to the group. "Hey! I have a sweet idea!"
The other three looked over, interested, at Axel. "Yeah?"
He grinned. "How 'bout we have a party... y'know... welcoming Lex and her victories and stuff!"
Selexia smiled, happy with the new nick-name Axel had given her. It secretly made her feel like she belonged here.
"Yeah!"
"That's a great idea!" agreed Demyx, practically jumping up and down from excitement.
"So," asked Roxas, "what'll we do, exactly?"
The four paused, thinking of the possibilities.
Then, Axel jumped. "Oh! i've got an idea! Let's go up to Dem's room and party up there! Your room's so party-dance-like," he said to Demyx, "that it's just perfect for a welcome party!"
"Sure," said Demyx, "that'd be cool!"
"Alright," Roxas agreed. "But first, we need to get you outta those clothes, Selexia."
Her eyes opened wide. "Wha?!"
Demyx laughed. "He means, we need to get you new clothes, Selexia."
Selexia looked down at her clothes. Her dress had a few tears and ripped seams from battle. Her hair was a bit frizzy, and she really couldn't call her leggings "leggings" anymore... they were so torn! She had cuts and bruises from her matches all over her limbs and back as well.
She looked up. "I'm kinda a mess, aren't I?" She scratched her head, embarrassed. The guys laughed in agreement.
"So, how about this?" Roxas said, taking charge. "Axel and Demyx, go and get food. Drinks, snacks, party stuff. Take as much as you need, 'kay? When you're done, Dem, I guess you guys can clean up the room and set up. I'll take Selexia and get her some clothes, 'kay? BREAK!"
"BREAK!" shouted Demyx.
Roxas grabbed Selexia's hand and started to drag her to his room. "Come on, Selexia. This should be fun!" he said, teasingly.
"Wait!" she heard Axel yell. She turned around.
Demyx was trying to drag Axel to the kitchen. "Come on, Axel! Food time, man!"
Axel was putting up a pretty good fight. "But, Selexia! What is he planning to do, exactly!? And I don't want to get food... Selexia!"
Selexia smiled meekly as she was dragged around a corner, and away from the screaming Axel.