Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Organization's Assassin ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I do not own Kingdom Hearts or any character associated with it…. They are the sole property of their respective owners….. I am just borrowing them for my fan fiction…. I do however own any original characters that I create and the storyline


A/N: ~~…~~ denotes flashbacks, dreams, and nightmares; **…** denotes changes in scenery; ‘…’ denotes thinking; “…” denotes speaking; * denotes special notes at the bottom of the chapter



Chapter 3 ~ Meeting the Other Members
Kairax woke up the next morning with a major headache. She didn’t understand where she was at first but then she recalled what had happened with Axel the night before. Kairax then sat up in the bed and looked to see that her keyblades were next to her.“At least Axel left them next to me,” Kairax said to herself without realizing that there was someone else in the room.“I know how much they mean to you, Sis,” Axel said as he stepped out from the shadows.Kairax nearly jumped out of her skin when she heard Axel’s voice. She didn’t like it when people snuck up on her. She turned and glared at Axel.“So what brings you here, Axel? And why are you calling me ‘sis’?” she asked a little confused.Axel smiled at his sister. He knew that she would freak when he told her that they were related. He, himself, was upset when he found out that Saïx had gone after a keyblade wielder to try and get their nobody.“I am to bring you in front of the other members. And as for the ‘sis’ part, I think that you can figure that one out on your own. Now come on. We don’t want to keep the others waiting,” Axel said as he walked towards the door.Kairax looked up at the redhead as she climbed off the bed and picked up her keyblades, one in each hand. She then followed him out the door.The two of them walked down a long hallway. Kairax looked at everything as they ventured towards the meeting hall where the others were waiting for them. She just hoped that she would be able to fit in with the others.At the moment, she had her long red hair pulled up in a high ponytail. She had on a bright green t-shirt that could blind almost anyone. Her hip-hugger jeans fit her loosely but snugly. Her fire-red boots made almost no sound at all on the tiled floor. They soon came to a stop outside a huge wooden door. Axel then turned towards Kairax.“Well, are you ready, Kairax?” he asked the girl beside him.Kairax looked up into Axel’s eyes as she answered, “As ready as I can be. Axel, what is going to happen to me?”Axel just looked down at his sister. He really couldn’t answer that question because he didn’t know the answer himself.“I don’t know what will happen to you, Kairax,” Axel answered as best as he could.Kairax looked up at him and smiled slightly. She could tell that he really didn’t want to go into the room but they both had no choice. Axel then reached out and pushed the doors open. Kairax had to put her arms up in front of her face because she was blinded by the bright light at first. When her eyes had finally adjusted to the light, she put her arms back down. She then felt Axel’s hand on her arm as they both walked into the room.“Here she is, the newest member to our elite group,” Axel said, trying to hide the disgust in his voice.Kairax stood next to Axel with her head held up high. She wasn’t going to let the members of the Organization look down on her. Just then, one of the members spoke to them.“So this is our newest member,” Xemnas said to Axel.Axel nodded his head. “That she is,” he said.Xemnas jumped down from where he was perched so that he could get a better look at Kairax.“What is your name, girl?” he askedKairax looked up at Axel for a little help but soon realized that she was on her own. She then gulped visibly as she turned back to the man before her.“My name is Kairax and I am a keyblade wielder,” she said.Xemnas was soon joined by Saïx as he eyed Kairax closely. Saïx smiled at Kairax in a way that made her cringe back into Axel. For some odd reason she didn’t trust Saïx. Then she remembered as she glared back at Saïx. Axel noticed that his sister was about to take on Saïx so he grabbed her shoulder and pulled her back towards him. Saïx laughed slightly at Kairax for wanting to take him on.“Be glad, my dear, that your brother has stopped you or you could have ended up dead again,” Saïx said as he turned away from Kairax and Axel.Kairax got confused when she heard Saïx refer to Axel as her brother. She made a note to ask him about later.“Xaldin,” Xemnas called out as he looked at Kairax.A man with long black hair up in a high ponytail and carrying six lances landed next to Xemnas and in front of Kairax and Axel.“What is it, Xemnas?” Xaldin asked.Xemnas looked over at Xaldin and then back at Axel and Kairax.“I want you to work with Axel on getting Kairax use to how things are ran around here,” Xemnas said to him.Xaldin and Axel looked at each as if they were ready to kill each other. Kairax noticed this and giggled behind her hand while holding her Bond of Flame Keyblade. She thought that it was funny. Just then, Xaldin saw Kairax laughing.“And what is so funny, Kairax?” Xaldin growled out at her.Kairax soon stopped laughing and glared up at Xaldin. She put her Bond of Flame Keyblade down when she lowered her hand from her face.“Nothing. Just the look that you and Axel gave each other when you were told that you were going to be helping him with me,” she said as she tried to hide another round of giggles.Xaldin continued to glare at the little redhead before him. He couldn’t help but smile because she did remind him so much of Axel. Xemnas looked at the trio and a soft smile played across his lips. ‘Yes, this is going to work perfectly,’ he thought to himself.“You three may go. But Xaldin and Axel,” Xemnas said to the two men as they looked up at him. “I will be wanting progress reports along the way. You have three months to get her ready.”Axel and Xaldin looked at each other before looking back at Xemnas. “Yes sir,” they both said at the same time.Both Axel Xaldin looked down at Kairax. Axel could tell that he was going to have some explaining to do about Saïx’s comment about them being brother and sister. As for Xaldin, he just couldn’t get over the family resemblance between Axel and Kairax. He could now see why Axel kept a constant watch on Rika.“Let’s go,” Xaldin said to them as he turned and started to walk out the doors.Kairax and Axel soon followed after Xaldin out the door. And so Kairax’s new life as the thirteenth member of the Organization has begun. She just hoped that she could handle it.