Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Zexion's Trials ❯ Way of the Darkness ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


 
Way of the Darkness
 
Zexion was hiding again in the library. This time the book he'd fallen into what happened to be Alice in Wonderland. He still had no idea what he was going to do. He didn't know what he thought of Reno. He couldn't comprehend what was going on. He sighed quietly and closed his book, unable to fully concentrate. He leaned his head back against the wall, closing his eyes. A shadow formed over his body. He opened his eyes to see Saix standing over him. “Number I wishes to see you.” Zexion stood, “Thank you Number VII.” Saix bowed and turned, exiting quickly. Zexion used a portal, slipping through the darkness to Xemnas' door. Zexion moved to knock on it, but was stopped by a voice, “Enter Number VI.” Zexion hesitated before opening the door. He slipped inside silently, warily scanning the room.
It was dark, a small beam of light filtering through the darkness from a small lamp sitting upon Number I's desk. Xemnas looked up quietly, “I've been hearing things.” Zexion snapped to attention, “Hearing things, sir?” “Yes. Someone has told me that you have recently been having numerous visits from Axel's brother?” Zexion blushed, thankful that the darkness would cover it. “Y-Yes sir… It would seem so.” Xemnas shook his head, “Well, what is the reason of these visits?” “I-I'm not sure, sir. I've been busy when he comes around. We've not had time to properly speak yet.” “Alright then, well, he shall be forced to wait longer. Something has come up, and you are perfect for the mission.” Zexion nodded, “Yes, sir.” Xemnas handed him a stack of papers. “These are the things you'll need to know for the mission. Be ready to leave in three days time.” Zexion bowed, “Yes, Number I.” He left the room, hurrying to his room. He closed the door, leaning against it quietly. `What am I going to do now?' He sighed and dropped the papers onto the table, picking up the note, looking at the number on the back. He lifted up the phone, dialing the number carefully. “Reno? Hi… No… Sorry, but I may be unavailable for a while… No, I have a mission… No… No, you can't come too… I'm sorry… Yeah… Okay, bye.” He closed the phone, setting it down carefully.
He was sitting quietly on his bed, reading the stack of papers Xemnas had given him on the mission. It was a simple one for him to complete, but no one else would have been able to do it. He had to carefully extract answers out of someone, without them knowing. He could do this easily. He was, after all, the Cloaked Schemer. He had already packed the items he would need into a small bag that sat waiting by his door. He was almost done, and was hoping to get to return to his novel so he could finish it and have a brand new one for the mission. A knock sounded on his door, and he stood to answer it, opening it. “Hey there Zexy. So I hear you have to go on a mission?” It was Axel, come to snoop about. “Yes. Is there anything in particular you need Axel? I'm a bit busy preparing.” Axel shrugged, “Maybe there is. How are things going with you and Reno?” Zexion sighed, `I knew that's what he was here for…' “Things aren't `going' Axel. Leave me alone please?” He shrugged and grunted. “Don't think my brother's going to give up easily… Got it memorized?” With that said, he left, closing the door behind him.
Zexion had finished his book and was going to return it. He reached the library, handing the book to Roxas, “Finished just in time.” He smiled at the small blonde boy who took the book, “Seems so! I was already prepared for you too.” He handed him a small book, along with another. “Two this time?” Roxas nodded, “Read the smaller one, Lord of the Flies, first. It's fascinating. Then read the other, Wuthering Heights.” Zexion nodded, clutching them close to him. “Thanks again Roxas.” The small boy just smiled and waved as Zexion left, returning to his room to finish packing his things.
It was almost time to go. Zexion was sitting on his bed, awaiting Xemnas' summon, his cell phone was on vibrate, simmering in his pocket, where it would stay, hopefully, the entire mission. He laid back on his bed, sighing quietly, wishing he could somehow figure out what he wanted to do about Reno. Maybe the mission would help clear his head, help him learn more about what he really wanted. A knock resounded against his ears from the door. Zexion stood, grabbing his things and opening the door to see Saix there. “Xemnas says it is time.” Zexion nodded, following him out toward where Xemnas stood, waiting. “I hope you've had enough time to look over the files.” Zexion nodded, “Yes, plenty. I know exactly what I must do.” Xemnas nodded, “Good. Do not waste time, get it done and get back as quick as possible.” Zexion bowed, walking down the long ramp the separated Castle Oblivion from The World That Never Was, using a portal from there to get to the point of the mission, a small, quaint world called Twilight Town. His mission was to talk to Namine about the child with the keyblades.
Chapter three:
~Owari.
 
A/N: Sorry I took so long to write this chapter... >.>;; My summer has been pretty busy, plus I've been pretty blocked on what to write… >.< I promise I'm going to try and write more often!! Plus, I have to work on my other stories as well. Review? See you next chapter!!!!