Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ Zexion's Trials ❯ Thoughts That Echo Too Far ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Author's Note: Reno and Zexion are mine in zis story… So they may be a little OOC, especially in this chapter… Reno doesn't seem like Reno. Sorry, but that's how I need him to be for my story.
 
Thoughts That Echo Too Far
 
Zexion was lying on his back, the book covering his face as he slept soundly. A sound came from the aisle next to him. He opened his eyes and sat up, removing the book. Roxas turned the corner, almost running into Zexion; unable to see him over the large stack of books he was balancing. “Zexion! You scared me!” Roxas carefully set the stack on a nearby table. “But, why are you here? I heard Re-“ Zexion had stood, placing a hand quickly over Roxas' mouth, stopping him. “Saying the name gives it power… Speak it and he'll appear. He appears and I hurt you, severely.” Roxas nodded and Zexion removed his hand. “I thought…. Eh, I can see what you mean. He can be a little intimidating.” Zexion chuckled at the statement, “Intimidating? More like… It's difficult to explain. I don't hate him… But I'm not so sure I like him either. I don't know. It's all so confusing.” Roxas nodded and placed a hand comfortingly on Zexion's shoulder, “You'll figure it out. If not, I'm here to help.” He smiled at Zexion before picking up the stack of books once more, moving them to where they needed to go. Zexion sighed, sitting down once more, returning to his book.
 
â†-------------------------------------------â 224;’
 
Number VI shut his book, finished with it. He arose and walked silently to the book-drop, sliding it into the slot. He glanced around at the empty library before using a portal to go to his room. He flipped the switch, turning on the light in his room before moving and sitting quietly on his bed. He looked around as if the room wasn't his, as if he'd never seen any of the things before, surprised at his own actions he fell back on his bed, looking at his ceiling, “Why… Why do I feel like he should be here…?” By he, Zexion meant Reno, of course. It was Zexion's heart trying to tell him he liked, maybe even loved, Reno, but the message seemed unable to reach him. A rustling noise came from outside his bedroom door and an envelope slid under his door. Zexion stood and picked up the letter, holding it delicately. His name was written lavishly across the front of the envelope. He sat back on his bed, turning it over, opening the back and tugging out a letter written on clean parchment-like paper. He gently unfolded it, realizing it was obviously a well thought out letter, and began to read it carefully.
 
Zexion,
I understand your hesitation. It's easy to see how you could be confused, but I must explain some things to you. Please read this completely, no matter how upset you get. Zexion, I think I love you. Whenever I see you, I get butterflies, when you speak I get chills. I can understand if you don't like me, or men in general, but I feel that you should know the reason I say and do the things I do. I care about you, more than anyone I've ever known, and I don't know what to do… Please, tell me if I'm being unreasonable. I want to know how you feel.
Sincerely,
Reno
Zexion closed his eyes, breathing deeply and trying to decipher his own thoughts. A quiet, light knock resonated on his door. He jumped up, jerking it open. Reno stood there, looking down sadly, as if not expecting Zexion not to answer. He looked up to see Zexion standing there, breathing quickly, clutching his note tightly, “Z-Zexion…” Reno began to say something but was cut off as Zexion jerked him inside and slammed the door closed. Zexion threw him onto the bed and tossed the note at him, “Is this some sort of joke?!” Reno picked up the letter gently, refolding it and looking up at Number VI sadly, “No Zexion. It's not a joke. This note… It's the truth, I swear.” He stood, grasping Zexion's hand in his. “This note is how I really feel. I really want to know how you feel, but I want to give you time to think about it first. I'll be back in a week; I have to go back to work… My number is on the back of the letter; you can call if you figure it out early… But I really would like to know. If you don't like me, that's fine as well.” He lifted Zexion's hand to his lips, kissing it softly before letting go and turning, walking out of the room.
Zexion stood there, stunned, for more than a minute. He heard someone humming down the hallway and raced to his door, slamming it shut, snapping the lock closed. He slid down the door, sitting against it, leaning his head back. `What should I do?' His mind was whirling with options, his heart's opinions unable to push through once more. He was getting more confused. How was he supposed to know the difference between friends and more than that…? He didn't have a heart… Right? Was it still possible that he had emotions for Reno? Even without a heart? Zexion slid hands through his hair before wrapping them around his knees, resting his head on his arms. “What am I going to do…?”
Chapter two:
~Owari.