Kodomo No Omocha Fan Fiction ❯ Something White ❯ Something Blue (part 2) ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Note: I don't own Kodomo No Omocha; so don't sue my pants off. I need them.
A/N: I wrote the bedroom scene between Akito and Sana, but decided not to put it in the actual story itself. Putting a `hentai' label on Kodomo No Omocha fic just seems wrong.
 
Something Blue (part 2)
 
After calling the police and getting Tsuyoshi to the hospital, Akito and Sana finally made it back to her house. There had already been a lot of excitement that evening, but it wasn't going to end for the two lovers.
 
“Wow, what a day,” Sana sighed a breath of relief as she took her heels off. “I'm glad that Tsuyoshi wasn't hurt. I know Aya was really worried.”
 
“I'm glad I didn't have to karate chop him,” looking down at his hand. It would be really awkward if I always had to go over to their place to calm him down. Hopefully Aya will be able to subdue his temper tantrums.
 
“Well, you know what else makes me glad?” Sana said seductively.
 
Getting the hint, Akito took Sana in his arms and slowly kissed her. Lifting her off her feet, he carried Sana into the bedroom, never losing contact with her lips.
 
* * *
 
The light chirping of birds marked the coming of morning. Akito slowly sat up in the bed and rubbed his eyes. His bare chest was starting to get cold from being exposed to the open air. He looked over at the alarm clock sitting right next to him. 6:45 a.m., better wake-up Sana. Gazing down at his sleeping girlfriend, he felt a sense of peace flow through his body. She looked so serene with her hair flowing loosely all over the pillow. Her right hand was resting over her head with her fingers stretching up, as if reaching for something to hold on to. Akito wanted to let her lay like that all morning so she could get her sleep, but she had to go to a shoot in the morning and he had karate practice.
 
Putting his left hand in her outstretched hand, Akito bent his head down and kissed her on the forehead and then the lips. Sana stirred in her sleep and reluctantly woke-up to be greeted by a pair of warm light brown eyes staring back at her. Those eyes always gave her comfort. She really wasn't quite sure what it was, but they always showed Sana the gentlest parts of Akito's soul. She could sit and stare all day at her reflection in his eyes.
 
Stretching her arms out and letting out a cute yawn, Sana asked, “Is it morning already?”
 
“Yeah,” Akito nodded, still holding her right hand in his and stroking her hair with his free hand.
 
“I guess we have to get dressed,” pulling the covers off her naked body and then immediately pulling them back after feeling how cold it was. “Do we have to go outside? It's so cold!”
 
“Here, let me,” as Akito draped Sana up in a blanket and carried her over to the bathroom.
 
Wrapping her arms around his neck, she placed her head on his muscular chest. “Are you going to be cold?” Sana teased.
 
“No, not really. It is a little drafty down there since I don't have my boxers on, but I'll be fine,” as he set her down on the bathroom floor and walked over to the shower to turn the water on. “The water will just take a minute to warm up.”
 
Sana just stood there with the blanket still wrapped around her body and smiled. She was always happy whenever Akito did something nice, especially for her. She watched as he held one hand under the running water, waiting for it to reach the optimal temperature. His tall, strong body could easily take anything it wanted by force, but deep down inside he was a gentleman. She knew he was only nice to her, but she also remembered the time when he wasn't nice to anyone. She changed him, tamed him: made him learn to love.
 
“The water's ready,” Akito said as he started to step into the standing shower. “So, are you just going to stand there all day?”
 
“I'm right behind you!” Sana said as she let the blanket drop and bolted for the hot shower and the arms of her lover.
 
The rest of the morning was quiet for a Saturday. The couple finished showering and getting ready for the day. Whenever Sana's mother took a business trip, which was rarely, Shimura would take that time off of work. This meant that Sana had to do all the cooking. They had a simple breakfast of just some crushed cereal and milk, courtesy of Sana's cooking skills or lack thereof.
 
Akito started on his breakfast of cereal paste and picked up the morning paper to read up on current events. After flipping through a few pages, he reached the entertainment section that was riddled with the latest gossip about all the famous actors and actresses. He stopped and shuddered as he saw a large picture of Naozumi and Sana together from the drama they were doing. The headlines read `Naozumi Kamura and Sana Kurata living a real life romance along with their romance drama!' He quickly threw the paper off to the side in an annoyed manner and resumed finishing his breakfast.
 
Oblivious to what Akito just saw, Sana was carefully working on her make-up when she asked, “What time does karate practice end?”
 
“Around eleven or so,” Akito said as he took a sip of his tea, trying to get his mind off of the morning paper.
 
“My shoot will take all morning. I probably won't be back until noon. I hope you won't mind waiting for me,” Sana said as she finished applying her mascara.
 
“No, not really,” Akito said as he picked up his dishes and put them in the sink. “By the way, you were really wild last night. What brought that on?”
 
Giggling, Sana replied, “I was just practicing for my shoot today with Naozumi. I'm supposed to do a strip tease.”
 
Sana was fidgeting with her lipstick and didn't notice the shot of pain that reverberated through Akito's body after hearing that. He knew that she was working on a drama with Naozumi, whom he greatly despised, and he knew that there would be a sex scene involved; but after hearing those words, he felt a bitterness start to grow in his heart.
 
“So is he as good in bed as I am?” Akito said without thinking.
 
“What do you mean by that?” Sana said as she turned to face him, not really realizing how much her words hurt him.
 
“I mean are you going to put as much passion into your act today, or was last night just an act?” Akito scowled.
 
“Akito, you know that what I do with Naozumi is just part of my job! We've discussed this before, I don't know why we have to argue about this every time I have to shoot a love scene,” Sana said with a sharp tone, crossing her arms in front of her.
 
Yes, they had discussed this before, but it still pained him to hear about it. “I know it's your job, but I wish you didn't have to rub it in every time you have a shoot like that,” raising his voice to match hers.
 
“I'm not trying to rub it in! You're just too immature to deal with it!”
 
“Well, if I'm too immature, why is it that you decided you were ready to have sex only after you got a role where you had a scene like that?” Akito said recklessly. “It's like I was just your practice dummy!”
 
Sana straightened up after hearing those words. It was true that she and Akito first had sex shortly before she had her first shoot doing a love scene, but that wasn't the reason why she slept with him. “It wasn't like that and you know it! I did it with you cause I wanted my first time to be special!”
 
“Was it special when you had your first scene in bed with Naozumi? I'm sure he enjoyed it,” grabbing his karate gear off the floor.
 
Sana ran up to him and slapped him as hard as she could on the face. “Don't talk to me like I'm some whore who plays for love.”
 
“But isn't that what you're doing? Isn't that what you do when you act? You just play for love! You were just using me to rehearse your scenes! Why don't you break-up with me and go to Naozumi? Everyone seems to think you're dating! I'm sick of hearing about you and that freak from the media, especially when you mention it! Just spend the night with him tonight since he's the one you've been rehearsing those sex scenes for,” as Akito opened the door to exit.
 
“Fine! Maybe I will!” slamming the door behind him. “Akito you asshole!” Sana shouted at the closed door. “It's not like I actually sleep with him!”
 
In a huff, Sana kicked the chair out and plopped herself down. God, why does he always have to act like a child? He knows Naozumi and I are just friends doing our jobs. He knows he's the only one I'd ever have sex with. Why do we always have fights like that? How could he just say those things, he knows I love him. He knows. Sana buried her hands in her head as tears began to stream down her face. I shouldn't worry. He always comes back to me. He just needs his space and then after I get back from my shoot, he'll be here waiting for me. I'm sure of it!
 
Wiping the tears from her face, she quickly redid her make-up and made her way to the door. She looked down at her right hand that slapped Akito and wondered if she was too harsh with him. Taking a quick look back at the room where they just had their argument, a shot of pain made her wince as she remembered those cruel words Akito said, accusing her of using him. Sana looked at herself in the mirror, trying to ready herself. Ok, calm down Sana. You've got a job to do today and you can't let today's argument get to you. Remember, you're playing Naozumi's girlfriend in a drama today. You're playing Naozumi's girlfriend. Sana paused as if it finally dawned on her. Am I really playing for love?
 
Akito tried to cool himself off with the cold winter air, but his blood was still boiling from that last argument. His left cheek still stung from Sana's slap. For lack of anything better to do, he started to kick the concrete wall next to him as hard as he could. It was an old habit of his that he could never break, just like his old habit of always snapping whenever someone else liked Sana or if the media decided to match her with some random celebrity, but they mainly chose Naozumi. He wished he could take back those words he said to her, but his emotions always got the better of him.
 
Although he never wanted to admit it, Akito was jealous. Jealous of Naozumi being so close to Sana: always getting the spotlight with her. Akito wasn't interested in being in the limelight he was only interested in having Sana. A Sana who had no obligations to the media, who doesn't need to be presented as some type of super-star actress who everyone thinks is some sort of goddess. He just wants the true Sana who has always been a friend to him through all these years, the Sana he fell in love with.
 
Walking along the sidewalk, a man wearing a baseball cap and sunglasses paused after seeing Akito. Akito didn't notice at first, but after he got a few feet away from the man, he recognized him as the one person who had been a threat to his relationship with Sana since day one.
 
“So we meet again, Akito Hayama,” Naozumi said as he took off his sunglasses, revealing his cold blue-eyes.
 
“What, you don't have your servant driving you around today?” Akito smirked, as Naozumi's appearance didn't lighten his mood any more.
 
“Oh, you mean my manager? No, he's not driving me today. I decided to walk to my morning shoot,” smirking back at Akito as he waited for an opportune time to tell him his intention to take Sana away from him. “You know that Sana and I have been working together on a romance drama, don't you?” watching to see his reaction.
 
“Yeah, I know,” Akito, responded as flatly as he could, trying to hide the anguish in his eyes. “So what?”
 
“Well, did she tell you that in the drama, my character is very intimate with her? She does such a wonderful job acting, I think she actually enjoys doing those intimate scenes,” focusing on Akito's eyes; those eyes that have always been in his way. Right now they showed no emotion to his words. “I will let you know, that I intend to propose to Sana today, to let her know how I really feel.”
 
“And you think that she's going to actually fall for you? Even after she's been dating me for all these years?” Akito snapped back, deflecting his attack.
 
“Maybe she will, maybe she won't, but after she sees this she might just dump you for me,” showing off the ring that he bought yesterday.
 
The ring glistened in the early morning sun and radiated an aura that Akito could not ignore. The elaborately engraved diamond ring that Naozumi had in his hands just dwarfed his mother's engagement ring. Akito gasped, letting his guard down for a split second. That gasp was enough to satisfy Naozumi, who quickly put away the ring and waited for Akito to say anything in his defense.
 
Akito couldn't think of anything to say to Naozumi. His emotions were in such a state of disarray, he wasn't even sure if he wanted to defend himself. He looked at Naozumi and saw a small smile form across his face, a smile that was mocking him. Akito wanted to take his fist and slam it as hard as he could into that smile that had a slight twinge of vindication. He clenched his fist and almost broke his skin from digging his nails into his palms. Even though he knew he could easily beat Naozumi to a bloody pulp, Sana would never forgive him for that. She was always opposed to violence. Just thinking about Sana reminded him of the argument they had earlier. Akito's face still throbbed in pain from her slap. That alone made him lose all desire to destroy the man in front of him.
 
Relaxing the tension in his fists, Akito lowered his eyes and walked away feeling defeated. He didn't even say a word as he readjusted his jacket to protect his face from the cold wind. Who am I kidding? We argue and fight all the time about the same thing. It's not like she's just going to quit her job just for me; she loves acting too much. What does she want with a simple man who wants to be a paleontologist? What can I give her that that freak can't? Am I going to lose her?
 
Naozumi watched as his nemesis walked off in the other direction. A feeling of joy rushed through his body, as he felt triumphant against his long-time foe. For many long years, he had always accepted defeat by letting him get in his way. He let Sana go out with him, let him have his way with her and sadly, let them both fall in love. But now he wasn't going to stand and watch as the only woman he had ever had eyes for goes off and spends the rest of her life with a man who won't even nurture her true acting ability.
 
It was her charismatic smile that first attracted his attention. Watching her on television with a smile that seemed all so natural and beautiful. She inspired him. Gaining a new sense of confidence, Naozumi walked to the shoot determined. He was determined to confess his love to Sana today and make her his bride. He wanted to sweep her off her feet and take her away from that monster named Akito Hayama. He had his resolve and nothing was going to stop him from setting his plan in motion.
 
Naozumi finally made it to the studio and went into his dressing room. Taking the ring out of his pocket, he carefully set it down on the table and pulled out a red heart-shaped box from his jacket pocket. Shining the ring to give it more of a shimmer, he placed it neatly in the box and quickly stuffed the box in his jacket pocket that was hanging on the coat hanger. He felt like his entire future was in that small box, like it was his only ray of hope to finally fulfill his life-long dream.
 
* * *
 
“I'll be just a minute,” as Rei got out of the car that had his wife Asako and his young daughter Sakura.
 
He walked into the house that he used to live in a few years ago. As he made his way down the hall, he recollected the times when he watched Sana run down these halls as a little girl. He got to see her grow both as a woman and actress throughout all these years. He had come to pick her up to take her to the morning shoot for her drama.
 
Rei stopped at the door to Sana's room and lightly knocked before opening the door. “Sana, we're here, are you ready to go?” He saw her staring pensively in the corner, as if thinking to herself.
 
“Yes, I'm ready,” as she gathered up her purse and walked out of the room without making eye contact with Rei.
 
She wanted to hide the fact that she had been crying, but Rei noticed through his dark sunglasses. He assumed that she and Akito probably had a fight. It didn't happen often, but he was the only person who could affect Sana like that. Rei sympathized with the couple. He and Asako have had their share of problems while they were dating and even after they got married. He wished that Sana would confront him with her problems so he could give her some comforting words of advice, but she always chose to deal with it herself.
 
Walking quietly to the car, Sana wanted to get her mind off of her argument with Akito. She quickly straightened herself and put on a bright smile as she opened the rear right passenger side door. “Morning Asako! Morning Sakura-chan!”
 
“Morning Sana!” Asako waved from the passenger seat. “Say good morning to Miss Kurata, Sakura-chan.”
 
“Morning Shana-chan!” The shy three-year old replied quickly before burying her head in her hands in a playful manner.
 
“Oh, how cute!” Glad that her mood was brightening up. “She really looks a lot like you Asako.”
 
“Yes, but she has her father's shyness,” teasing her young daughter. “Though she hasn't been feeling well. I think it's the cold weather.”
 
“Oh, poor thing,” petting the girl's light brown hair.
 
“Ok, everyone ready?” as Rei finally made it back to the car. They drove to the studio with Rei talking to Sana about various projects she could take, but Sana and Asako were busy talking about their current dramas and playing with little Sakura-chan.
 
The light mood in the car helped Sana, but she still couldn't forget this morning. After they made it to the studio, she desperately needed to talk to someone. Asako was about to walk to her dressing room when Sana stopped her, “Asako? May I talk to you for a second?”
 
“Sure,” nodding her head. “Rei, could you take Sakura.” as She handed her daughter over to her husband, who was glad to see that Sana was finally going to talk to someone about her problems.
 
“I'll meet you over at the shoot,” as he kissed his wife good-bye and walked off holding his little girl in his arms like a proud father.
 
Sana watched as father and daughter walked off together down the hall. After Sakura was born, Rei started to shift his attention from Sana to his first-born. Sana knew that for the longest time, she was the most important person in his life, but all that changed three-years ago after Sakura was born. It never bothered Sana, in fact, she actually encouraged it, but after watching Rei walk off with his daughter, she felt a bit of loneliness. Akito had been the one to take Rei's place, but now she felt like he was slowly drifting away from her; this is what she needed to talk to Asako about.
 
Asako closed the door behind her and walked over to the chair next to Sana's. She could see that Sana was upset about something. “What did you want to talk about?”
 
Sana stared at the floor for a few seconds before she finally answered, “Did you and Rei have any fights before you got married?”
 
“Yes, we sometimes did. But I think it's only natural for couples to get in a few arguments now and then,” trying to find some reassuring words.
 
“Yeah, I guess. But Akito and I always fight about these stupid things. He's always jealous of Naozumi and hates it every time I mention his name. Just this morning he told me that I should dump him and go to Naozumi. I just think that it's so childish. Doesn't he trust me?” releasing some of her pent up emotions.
 
“It's probably much harder for Akito to understand the nature of your work. I know that Rei and I have had that problem before in the past, but he works in this industry and knows that I'm only doing my job. Akito probably doesn't understand the politics of acting and how most of it is just an image that the media conveys to stir-up some public opinions and controversy.” Asako could guess what may be agitating Akito. She has seen it in Rei when they were dating and even after they got married. Even though Rei knew the consequences of her job, it was still difficult for him to deal with it. She knew it would be even harder for Akito, who had no experience dealing with the media and how they can overreact.
 
“Yeah, I guess you're right. But what if he never understands? I mean, I love him, but I don't know if I could quit acting to prevent us from having arguments. I don't even know if that will make things better,” staring at Asako's wedding ring. Sana wished that she could be happily married like her. Seeing Asako with Rei and Sakura really made her want to get married, but Akito hadn't proposed yet and she wasn't sure if he would. She knows that he cares for her, but he hadn't told her once that he loved her. She had always assumed that he did because he'd never been one to express his feelings of love for anything, but it still bothered her.
 
“I know it's hard, but try not to worry. I know that after Rei and I had a fight, we would always become much closer after we made-up. After Sakura was born, we haven't really argued about anything in a while, so I'm sure that things will work out between you two, just give it time,” patting Sana on the shoulder.
 
“Yeah, you're right. Thanks for talking to me,” flashing a fake smile to try and reassure Asako.
 
Asako made her way back to her dressing room leaving Sana to her thoughts. Sana silently mused over the advice she has just heard. She really wished that she could talk to her mother right now who always had some sagacious advice to give. I shouldn't let this get to me. I'll just talk with Akito later today when I see him. Looking in the mirror, Sana slowly started to compose herself and push the thoughts about this morning's argument off to the side. Little did she know how she would be confronted with an even more pressing decision that would test the bounds of her love for Akito.
 
Sana and Naozumi took their places on the set for a bedroom scene in drama they were working on. Naozumi sat himself on the edge of the bed taking his position and Sana stood just a few feet away. They had both rehearsed this scene many times and were ready for the camera to roll.
 
“Ready on the set!”
 
“Ok, ready? Action!”
 
Sana started to undress while humming a soft tune that she heard on the radio while in Rei's car. Turning around so her back was facing Naozumi, she started to reenact her strip tease from last night with Akito. Whenever she did her more sexual scenes she was always very nervous. Her first kiss scene took at least an hour to do because she didn't feel comfortable with it, but she found a trick to make it easier. Somehow, she started to picture Akito instead of the actor she was working with. This trick has always worked for her, but today for some reason, she couldn't get his picture in her head.
 
As she turned around she hoped that she would see Akito's face, but instead she saw the hardened expression of Naozumi starting intently back at her. Gasping, she stepped out of character and stopped her act.
 
“Cut! Sana, you ok?”
 
“Yeah, sorry about that. I just got a little flustered,” blushing a bit as she tried not to look at Naozumi. What just happened now? I've always been able to picture Akito, but why can't I now?
 
“Are we ready to roll once more?”
 
“Yes,” as she straightened her clothes to restart the scene.
 
“Ok, action!”
 
Sana calmed herself down and began her scene again. She tried to picture Akito's face instead of Naozumi's, but she couldn't do it. She went through the entire scene without panicking, but the entire time instead of looking into the light brown eyes of her boyfriend, she was staring straight into the deep-blue eyes of her co-worker. Looking at her reflection in his eyes, Sana could feel a glow emanate from him.
 
Those eyes had a look of longing and unrequited love. She knew that when they were children, Naozumi had a huge crush on her, but she thought that he was over that after she started dating Akito. Gazing into those eyes, she realized that he had never forgotten her or cared for anyone more deeply. Her heart started to race like it never had before. Why am I feeling like this? It feels so strange acting out this love scene with Naozumi, yet it doesn't feel uncomfortable either.
 
“Ok, Cut! That's a wrap folks, great job everyone!”
 
Relieved that the scene was finally over she quickly put her dress back on and walked briskly to her dressing room trying to avoid any eye contact with Naozumi. She only made it as far as the hall before she bumped into Rei.
 
“Sana, has your shoot finished already?” Rei said as fast as he could.
 
“Yes, it just finished,” confused by the worry and concern written all over his face.
 
“I'd hate to do this to you, but is it ok if you wait here at the studio for a while? Sakura's really sick right now and Asako and I want to take her to the doctor to make sure she's ok,” frantically spitting out his words.
 
“Don't worry, I can walk Sana home,” Naozumi's voice said politely as he walked over to the pair. Putting his hand on Sana's shoulder, he tried to reassure Rei that she would be safe. “Go ahead and take care of your daughter, I'll make sure that Sana gets back to her house safely.”
 
Stunned, Sana just watched as Rei thanked Naozumi by shaking his hand and then rushed down the hall to the carport where Asako and his daughter were waiting. She really wouldn't have minded waiting at the studio for Rei to return, but she didn't have time to object to Naozumi's offer.
 
“Did you need me to escort you to your dressing room? It's close to mine,” Naozumi said, still keeping his hand on her shoulder in an almost possessive manner.
 
“Oh, that would be nice,” she quickly replied. She was still bewildered from earlier when they were doing their scene together. She wasn't sure if it meant anything or if it was just a fluke. Walking home with Naozumi was probably the last thing that she wanted, but she really couldn't turn down his offer so she reluctantly let him follow her.
 
* * *
 
Akito opened the door to his house feeling exhausted after a hard workout at practice. He tried to get his mind off of this morning's events, but a part of him couldn't forget it. He was glad that they were able to do some extra sparring after practice so he could release some of his pent up anger. It had been a long time since he practiced as hard as he did today. Dropping his karate gear in the corner of his room, he walked to the bathroom to take a quick shower. Feeling the warm water trickle off his face only reminded him of his shower this morning with Sana. No matter what he did, he still couldn't get his mind off of her.
 
After drying off and putting some clothes back on, he sat on his bed and looked over at his alarm clock to check on the time. 12:10. Sana should be back from her shoot . . . No. I can't think about her right now. His eyes made its way down to the little black velvet box that had his mother's engagement ring. Picking it up, he quickly opened up his desk drawer and dropped the box in there to get it out of his sights. Falling back onto the bed, he stared back at the ceiling that had all those cracks in it.
 
Dissatisfied with the sight before him, he rolled onto his side to stare out the window. His eyes landed on the three dinosaur models that were placed on his windowsill. The dinosaur in the middle with the miniature scarf caught his eye. He slowly picked it up and carefully examined it. She gave this to me. She even tried to make the scarf for me, but I just took the gift without really showing her how much I appreciated it. She trusts me and doesn't ask for anything in return. I'm being too selfish. I always want and take things from her, but don't give her enough back. Why am I so afraid to show her how much she means to me, to tell her how much I love her, to give her my trust? That purple-haired freak isn't afraid to tell her, so why am I? I don't want to lose her; I can't lose her!
 
Putting the dinosaur back on the windowsill, he quickly opened-up his desk drawer to find the jewelry box with the ring he had dropped in there earlier. Akito quickly grabbed his jacket and blotted out the door as fast as he could. I have to tell her! I can't lose her to that freak, not now, not ever! Sana, please wait for me.
 
* * *
 
Grabbing his jacket, Naozumi checked his right pocket to make sure the heart-shaped box was securely tucked in there. Feeling the impression of the box, he slowly grinned and put his jacket on to meet back up with Sana. He knew that he was supposed to be just acting whenever he kisses someone on stage or behind the camera, but whenever he worked with Sana, he felt that it was real. Today's scene only energized him even more. She looked so seductive, as if she were calling out for him to take her right there in front of everyone in the studio. Even though Naozumi was still a virgin, he felt like he and Sana were acting like real lovers behind the camera rather than just characters. Just thinking back to that scene made him blush and he quickly walked out of his dressing room.
 
When Naozumi finally met back up with Sana, she was wearing a cute knit cap on her head to hide her face from any fans that may walk by them. Naozumi readjusted his hat and offered his arm. She took it without hesitation and the pair silently made their way to the studio's exit. As they passed by the paparazzi, Naozumi would occasionally look down at the woman walking beside him to see the expression on her face. She was trying very hard not to draw any attention to them from the flashing cameras and thankfully for both of them, no one seemed to notice the pair at first. But there's always one crafty photographer who can see through these disguises and one picture of Sana clinging to Naozumi's arm as they were passing the slew of cameras would make the headlines.
 
Still hanging onto Naozumi's arm, Sana tried to make some light conversation by asking him about some of his future projects. Naozumi was thrilled to hear Sana talk about acting and gleefully chatted about some of the movie offers he had and the possible drama series he might do. He also mentioned some of the roles that she could possible play opposite him, hoping to get her interested in another job with him. Sana just smiled and laughed like she always did whenever she talked with him, but there was an undertone of nervousness behind it. Naozumi sensed that she was a bit jittery since this morning's shoot, but he had no idea what was the cause of it all.
 
They finally made it back to Sana's house and took off their hats. Sana glanced around the room for a familiar face, but the only other person with her was Naozumi. Closing her eyes, she tried not to think about him and the bit of pain he had caused her.
 
“Sana, are you alright?” Naozumi said with a concerned look on his face.
 
“Oh, yes, sorry! Just thinking, that's all,” trying to laugh away the torment in her heart.
 
“Sana, there's something important I need to ask you,” Naozumi said as he led her into the living room.
 
Uncertain about what he was going to ask, Sana just nodded her head and waited patiently for the question.
 
Naozumi fiddled with the box in his pocket nervously as he thought of what he should say. “Sana, you have been an inspiration to me since I first laid eyes on you. You have taught me many things about acting, living, and loving that I would have never learned otherwise. I want to be there for you for the rest of my life, to act with you. I have never been with another woman and proudly admit it to you, even though I know you and Akito have been dating intimately for a few years. But I don't think there is any other woman who is more perfect for me than you!” Naozumi said with passion in his eyes.
 
He pulled out the box from his pocket and got down on one knee as he finally asked the question, “Sana Kurata, I love you with all my heart and soul. Will you please be my loving bride and wife?”
 
Sana was stunned by what she just heard. She wasn't quite sure what to say and after seeing the gorgeous ring, she wasn't quite sure what to do. “I . . . I don't know what to say?”
 
“Please say that you'll be mine!” Naozumi pleaded.
 
Overwhelmed with a flood of emotions, Sana staggered back a bit before answering, “I'll need to think it over for a bit. Let me go to my room for a few minutes, and then I'll give you my answer.”
 
Content for the time being, Naozumi sat down and watched as Sana slowly made her way to her room.
 
Sana finally reached her room and she slowly closed the door behind her as her muddled feelings were trying to sort themselves out. Naozumi just proposed to me! What should I say? Sliding into her chair, she opened up her desk drawer to find a newspaper clipping that she found during Akito's welcoming home party. It had taken her a few years to finally buckle down and translate the article. After she finally converted everything to Japanese, it didn't really make sense to her at first, but after today's events she thought she might be able to relate to it now. She pulled out the notebook with the translation and read it carefully.
 
DEAR ABBY: For the past five years, I have been friends with a man I'll call Harry. We met while we were working for the same company. I was dating someone else at the time, but the chemistry between Harry and me was apparent. He eventually became my boss, so dating was out of the question. Both of us ended up leaving the company and getting involved with other people, but we always remained friends. Nothing romantic ever occurred between us -- even though people always assumed we were a couple and would ask us how long we had been married! Recently we both became unattached again. My question: Can two people who have been good friends for such a long time become lovers and make it work? Or was “When Harry Met Sally” merely a movie? -- A “SALLY” IN NEW JERSEY
 
DEAR SALLY: Friendship can be a terrific basis for a romantic relationship. Lack of a solid basis of friendship is often the reason that infatuations fizzle. Count your blessings and proceed full speed ahead. Taken from Sat. 11/30/02 Dear Abby.
 
I'm so confused. Akito and I have been good friends, and even lovers for so long, but the media and my fans thinks I should be with Naozumi. No wonder Akito didn't want me to have this letter! He probably thought that the `Harry' in the letter was too much like Nao. Even though this person's situation isn't exactly like mine, it really is very similar. I mean, Akito and I just had a huge fight, and now Naozumi wants to marry me. I wonder if I really should be with Nao. But then, the article says that friendship is important for a relationship, and aren't Akito and I still friends? But, he hasn't even asked me to marry him yet. I don't even know if he wants to. He wasn't even here when I came back. I know how Naozumi feels and I know that he wants to marry me. Should I just go with the first person who asks me, even if I don't know if I love that person? Ah, I'm so confused. What should I do?
 
 
* * *
 
 
Naozumi sat on the armchair with his heart racing. He had finally popped the question, now he just had to brace himself for Sana's answer. Staring at the ring he held in his right hand, he tried to think of what his future would be like now if Sana were to say `yes.' The sound of the front door opening and the sight of Akito racing into the living room interrupted his thoughts.
 
Naozumi stood to greet him with an irritated look, “You're too late! I already popped the question.”
 
“Where's Sana?” Akito demanded in between breaths.
 
Before Naozumi could answer, Sana walked into the living room to come face to face with the two men she must choose from to spend the rest of her life with.
 
Sana was about to say something to Akito when took her hand and then slowly getting down on one knee.
 
“ Sana . . . I love you,” Akito said to her softly as he pulled out the small velvet box from his pocket and opened it to reveal his mother's engagement ring.
 
“I . . .,” Sana managed to say as tears started to slowly stream down her face.
 
End of Something Blue (part 2)
(continued…)