Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ But I Don't Like Boys? ❯ Amelia, We Need a Favor ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

But I Don't Like Boys? By Shukumei
 
Disclaimer: Kyou Kara Maou and all its characters belong to Tomo Takabayashi. You know the drill.
 
Warnings/Spoilers: Same as before.
 
Author yapping: I realized that I contradicted myself last chapter with the number of times Wolfram had been to the Rose Gardens for a /cough/ romantic getaway. I'll have to go fix that.
 
Amelia is an original character (OC) made just for this story. I didn't really want to do any OCs since I tend not like them in other fanfics. But then I realized that you can't always rely on the series' original characters to do what needs to be done.
 
-o-o-
 
Chapter 11: Amelia, We Need a Favor
 
Wolfram knocked on the door three times. He stood and waited, fiddling with the hem of his jacket. Yuri watched Wolfram shift his weight from one leg to the other. Strange, he seems nervous about something. His thoughts about the blonde's anxious demeanor jarred when the door swung inward.
 
“Oh,” A blue-haired young woman - it was so difficult to tell the exact age of a Mazoku - stood at the door entrance and curtsied, “Your Excellency von Bielefeld. What -" She noticed the black horse behind Wolfram, and her bright blue eyes wandered to the double black holding the horse's reigns. She blushed and hurriedly bowed lower. “Your Majesty! I -"
 
Yuri waved. “It's all right, no need for formality right now.”
 
The girl raised herself up and looked back-and-forth between the blindfolded Wolfram and the stiff Yuri. She gave a knowing smile. “I see that a date needs no such formality, My King.”
 
Yuri blushed and rubbed at the back of his head. “I, uh-"
 
“Amelia,” Wolfram interrupted, “we need a favor.”
 
Amelia turned to regard Yuri. “Anything for Wolfram and His Majesty.”
 
“Please, it's just Yuri.”
 
Amelia nodded and turned back to Wolfram. “I hadn't realized the king was so casual. Is he always like this, Your Excellency?”
 
Wolfram would have rolled his eyes if they hadn't been covered. “He's a wimp that's nice to everyone. Can you help us or not, Amelia?”
 
“What might this favor be, Your Excellency?”
 
“I don't know the specifics, but Yuri wants to get us out of the village,” Wolfram said, waving in Yuri's general direction.
 
“Whatever for?” Amelia fully stepped outside and shut the door behind her. “Certainly not to elope.”
 
Wolfram shook his head. “No, Yuri has a surprise it seems outside the city and -" He paused and turned to Yuri, his cheeks slightly flushed. “We're not going to elope… Are we?”
 
“What?!” Yuri aggressively shook his head. “No! God, this is getting to be a way bigger deal than it really is.” The king looked at the blue-haired girl and sighed. “I don't think it's any of your business, but you seem to have some way of getting us out. I wanted to get outside the city without having to deal with guards. If anyone else knows I'm leaving, they'll follow us, and I won't be able to, uh, be alone… with Wolfram.”
 
Amelia raised an eyebrow as the king's cheeks lightly blushed. “Did the Rose Gardens not suffice, Wolf?” She grinned as Wolfram's cheeks flared with a similar tint.
 
“That's beside the point, Amy.”
 
Yuri looked puzzedly at them. When had they resorted to familiar names? Clearly, they knew each other, but from where and why?
 
Amelia clapped her hands together, pulling Yuri out of his soon-to-turn-jealous thoughts. “Let's get you two out of here. Please, follow me.” She walked toward the right side of the building.
 
Yuri started to follow her, guiding Ao beside him. Wolfram put his left hand against the wall and slowly staggered forward. His journey was soon cut short as his foot tapped lightly on a bucket in front of him. Yuri turned to see Wolfram edge his way around the obstacle by feeling around and shook his head. “Why don't you take off the blindfold, Wolfram?” He called out.
 
“No!” Wolfram successfully maneuvered around the wooden bucket and continued forward, slow again as not to run into something too hard.
 
Amelia paused to return to Yuri. “Can I take your steed for you, Your Majesty? You should tend to His Excellency.”
 
Yuri looked up at Ao and smiled as the horse whinnied. “I think so.” He held out the reigns. “Here.”
 
Amelia took the reigns and gently bowed. “It would be an insult to you if Wolfram took off the blindfold, Your Majesty. He's keeping your dignity in mind.”
 
The black-haired boy sighed and went to Wolfram's side. “You really want to keep the blindfold on? It won't hurt my feelings if you take it off.”
 
Wolfram stopped and tried to glare. “You're the one who wanted me to wear this.” He shook his head. “You still don't get it, do you, Yuri? It's not about hurting your feelings; it's about tradition; it's about what this thing symbolizes.” He leaned against the wall heavily. “If I take it off, it's saying that I don't trust you after all, that I don't believe you can get us to wherever the hell it is we're going.”
 
Yuri frowned and took Wolfram's hand. “And it seems I'm missing the point. The trust part comes with me actually guiding you, right?” He tugged the prince forward and looked ahead to Amelia. “You nearly hit a rather large rock right here. You'll want to lift you foot a little higher… ah, yes, there.”
 
-o-o-
 
Amelia lead Ao into the stable on the other side of the building and watched as Yuri in turn guided Wolfram into the small building. “Will you be needing your horse still, Your Majesty?”
 
“How are we getting out?” Yuri asked, sitting his fiancé on a small bench near the entrance.
 
“Wolfram didn't explain to you what I do?” She continued when Yuri shook his head. “I'm a teleporter.”
 
“Teleporter?” Yuri cocked his head to one side.
 
Wolfram laid his head back against the wall and spoke up into the air. “She uses water to teleport things to other places.”
 
Yuri's eyes widened. “But I thought only Shinou, and… and I, had that power. Why-"
 
Amelia quickly waved her hands to correct the king. “No, I don't have that much power. I can transfer things small distances, here in this world only. Getting you outside the city will be no problem.” She brushed a hand through her curling blue hair and smiled. “If you're not going too far, it would be easier if you left your horse here. My power is limited on how large an object I can send. I could send him after the two if you if you still need him.”
 
Yuri looked back to Wolfram who sat quietly on the bench still. He stepped closer to Amelia and whispered, “There's a hill that over-looks the village…”
 
Amelia drew her ear away from the king and nodded, needing no further description. They smiled in understanding. Yuri took Ao from her and patted his nose. “Don't worry, we'll be back in a few hours to get you.” The black horse neighed as he pulled Yuri towards a horse stall. Yuri peeked over the gate to see a light brown mare resting in a pile of hay in the corner of her pen. Ao pawed at the wood blocking his path to her. “Oh, please, Ao. She's not even awake. Besides, I'm not sure the people here would appreciate an outside horse making with the busy here with their girl.”
 
Amelia giggled. “Actually, Your Majesty, it'd more likely be the other way. All of the horses at the palace are known for being purebreds and basically perfect. Belle, here, isn't quite as carefully bred. It'd actually be more of an honor if Ao, is that right, mated with her.”
 
“Is that so?” Yuri beamed up at his purebred horse. “I don't know how the guys at the palace would like that, but… Is it all right if Ao stays with Belle? I don't really want him to be lonely while we're gone.”
 
Wolfram had pushed himself off the bench and slowly shuffled forward, hands out in front of him. Yuri dropped Ao's reigns to intercept him. The blonde smiled up at Yuri. “It's your horse, Yuri. If you want him breeding with a horse we know nothing about, that's your decision. Then again, that's even hypothetical since we don't know if she's interested.”
 
“Oh, but you don't remember Belle, Wolfram?” Amelia stroked Ao's neck.
 
“Ao's trying to go after Belle? Good luck with her.” Wolfram laughed. “She was a stubborn horse if I recall.”
 
Amelia laughed with Wolfram. “She hasn't changed a bit.”
 
“You hear that, Ao? They doubt your courting abilities.” Yuri shook his head as Ao snorted. The black-haired boy led Wolfram to the edge of the wall and turned to open the gate for his horse to canter into Belle's stall. He reached out to take off Ao's halter and scratched the white spot between his eyes. “You play nice now. You must properly court her, Ao.” The horse stood at the gate and stared at Yuri, as if listening. “If she isn't interested, you have to give her a reason to be interested, right? But, don't force anything on her. If you can't breed with her today, we can always bring you back another time.” Yuri gave Ao a final pat and turned back to Wolfram and Amelia.
 
Amelia watched as Ao walked towards the mare, stood for a moment, and then gingerly laid down beside her. Had Ao actually listened to what Yuri had to say?
 
“Besides, I wouldn't mind coming back.” Yuri looked at Amelia and smiled. “If you can use water as you say, that's a trick I'd like to learn myself. That is, if you wouldn't mind teaching me.”
 
“It would be an honor to teach you water teleportation, Your Majesty.” Amelia held out her small hand to Yuri. “Put one of your hands in that water trough there beside you, and give me the other.”
 
Wolfram stiffened and jumped (where he hoped was) in-between them. “No touching allowed.” He crossed his arms and threw his head to one side.
 
“Oh, please, Wolfram. As if His Majesty is my type.” Amelia quickly grabbed Wolfram and Yuri's hands. “Just put it in the water, and we'll get this done with.”
 
Yuri was about to protest with `what's that supposed to mean?', but shot down the complaint, realizing that would cause the blonde to have a worse outburst of his own. He watched Wolfram feel around for the water trough that was a little above waist-high. Yuri placed his own hand in the water to find it unexpectedly cold.
 
“Yuri,” Amelia was saying as she closed her eyes, “you can help me if you'd like. It'll be easier with two.” Her grip tightened around Yuri's fingers. “You're tuned to water from what I recall… Reach out and look for a body of water near the place you want to go.”
 
The king nodded and closed his eyes. It wouldn't hurt to give it a try. Yuri wasn't sure what Amelia had meant about `reach out' but he did remember a lake that was about a mile away.
 
“No, that lake's too far away, Your Majesty. It doesn't have to be a really large body of water. Even a drop will do. Feel for the water.”
 
Yuri frowned and crinkled his eyebrows in concentration. He wasn't sure what he was doing, but he did notice a patch of blue behind his closed eyes and went to go investigate.
 
“Yes, that will do, Your Majesty,” Amelia said. “Now hold on.”
 
Yuri was about to open his eyes to ask her what to hold onto before he felt the ground fly out from underneath him. There was a slurping sound and the world turned blue.
 
-o-o-
 
End chapter 11.
 
Yep, I think Yuri's not very attentative(sp?) to his fiancé… but that's a part of a relationship that he's learning. He can't be a hopeless romantic right from the get-go. Not only that, Yuri's friendly with anyone, even if he shouldn't like them (for whatever reason), so he tends to get along with people really quickly.
 
I don't remember exactly where that hill was, but I know near Shinou's temple there was one. Last I saw, there was another that was close to Blood Pledge Castle, but I could be wrong. And don't ask me if there really was a lake, I'm just making stuff up.
 
And Amelia will show up a few times more. I poked around for names, so I wasn't just grabbing a Japanese name, since most of the Shin Makoku names have a German origin. Amelia is associated with the ocean. If you follow the name all the way to the root, you get the masculine Emil which comes from the Roman family name Aemilius, which was derived from Latin aemulus meaning "rival". Not that Amelia's going to turn out to be a rival; I just thought that tidbit was interesting. Trust me, you'll see when Yuri comes back to talk to her. Even the horse, Belle, has an English name that is associated with beauty. Got the info from behindthename.com
 
Read and review, please.