Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ So Happy Together ❯ Morning Ritual ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, I noticed that there were no KKM fics on this site, so I decided to write one. Ya'll ready for this?


So Happy Together
Chapter 1 - Morning Ritual


Yuuri's eyes fluttered open as the bright sunlight filtered across his eyes, turning his blissfully dark vision into shifting shades of bloody orange. Slowly, and with some difficulty, he sat up, tossing the pale, warm arm that had been draped over his waist to the side. A small glare was sent at the other occupant of the bed whom was burrowed beneath the blankets showing nothing but thick blonde locks and a pink ruffle. He shuddered, slipping out from beneath the covers and stood, stretching himself out.

That boy Wolfram could sleep like the dead.

He padded to the dresser and rifled through the provided clothing. Black school outfit, black school outfit, black school outfit...one of Wolfram's nightgowns... He threw back the offending rose article and made a face. Ever since they had accidentally gotten engaged, his fiancee had always somehow managed to worm his way into his intended's bed, declaring wrathfully that 'the wimp needed someone to take care of him', then cuddling up to his naked torso. It kinda creeped him out a bit.

He tossed his black silk pyjama bottoms on the floor and slipped into one of his many school uniforms. Right as he was straightening himself out by running his fingers through his inky hair, the door to his quarters creaked open and a violet-haired man peeked in. Ahh...Gunter had arrived. Presumably to remind him of the lessons that were to start in less than a half hour.

He was right.


Although Gunter seemed disappointed that Yuuri was fully dressed, he seemed more relieved that his magesty was still in his land. He had the annoying habit to disappear in the middle of one of his baths and be gone for days. It nearly broke the poor sensei's heart when he was gone as the man had grown extremely attatched to the significantly younger boy. And when he was proving his attatchment, Wolfram always had to magically appear and peel him off, then accuse his Majesty of cheating.

The horror!

Gunter peered at the sleeping form on the bed, then slipped into the room, bowing before his king.

"Good morning Heika. I came down here to wake you up, but it seems the sun has beat me to it," Was it just Yuuri or did Gunter sound extremely bitter towards the fiery ball in the sky? "Please do not forget that you have your lessons at half past. I will see you in your study." With another bow, the older man slipped from the room, leaving the teenage king blinking after him.

Great. Another boring day sprawled sleeping over dusty texts while Gunter's smooth voice droned on an on about past kings he didn't have a care for. Yuuri let his ebony eyes drift shut as he let out a soft groan that was echoed by a wriggling mass in the bed.


Wolfram sat up, blinking his hazy green eyes and looking around. His lazy vision paused on Yuuri and he smirked, crawling out from beneath the sinfully warm covers and into the cool morning air. His nightgown had ridden up quite high while he had slept and so, when he had thrown back the goosedown coverlets, Yuuri had let out a squeak and pointedly turned away. The blonde boy looked down critically at his exposed thighs and snorted.

"You'll have to get used to it soon, Heika," Wolfram drawled, putting an extra emphasis on Yuuri's formal position. The king scowled and was about to retort when the doors were flung open and an extremely tanned, ginger-haired young girl barreled in, attaching herself to Yuuri's legs. The blonde boy had to stifle a laugh as his King's arms waved frantically to keep his balance, but to no avail. Both father and daughter hit the floor with a thud.

Wolfram slid off the bed and picked up their adopted daughter, carrying her to the door.

"Now, now Greta, you have to give your bijaku father time to get ready in the morning. You go off and find Weller to help you run a bath and I'll get the baka over there all clean as well and we can all meet for breakfast, hmm?" The girl nodded and leaned up to kiss Wolfram on the cheek, dashing from the room and hollering for Konrad. Wolfram turned to speak to Yuuri but hesitated at the odd look on his fiancee's face.

"Yuuri? What is it?"

"The way you...handled Greta. It was just so..." He waved his arm in a rolling motion as if he could draw the words from his mouth. "Nevermind. It's not important. Now what was that about you calling me bijaku and baka?"

Wolfram walked forward and grabbed Yuuri's arms, pushing him along to the private bathing area of the Maou, where he left the king without a word and shut the doors amidst protests that Yuuri had just gotten dressed.

"You can redress yourself when you're clean. I don't want your stench ruining my appetite this morning," the blonde boy called, just knowing that Yuuri would be behind the doors seething. And stripping... Wolfram swallowed thickly and shook his head, reaching into another dresser in the room to grab his clothes. 'Stop it, you baka. I don't want thoughts like that. We aren't even wedded yet.'

And yet, Wolfram's imagination went wild at what was laying dormant beneath the thin layer of protective clothing covering the Maou's pale skin and he could barely put on his clothing straight. It was at that moment that Yuuri slipped from the bathroom in only a towel, a faint flush tinting his cheeks. He held up a wad of dripping black clothing and murmured sheepishly, "I accidentally knocked them into the water," as a way of explanation.

His words fell on deaf ears, though, as the only sense Wolfram was using at the moment was sight, and what a sight it was. Yuuri's torso was slim, but toned in an odd way. He didn't have much muscle mass, but the curves of his pale frame hinted at a faint power that was waiting to be released. Slowly the boy's green eyes traveled down to his King's bared legs, mentally applauding his approval. He really tried for a disinterested expression, but a hint of appreciation must have leaked throught because Yuuri cleared his throat and his blush got darker.

Wolfram looked up and all he could see were Yuuri's flushed cheeks and his thick, dark lashes carpeted on his milky cheeks, gasping breaths panting over his velvety, pink lips. Abruptly he turned away and strode purposefully into the bathroom, making sure the door was firmly shut and locked behind him, leaving, for the second time that morning, a befuddled Yuuri blinking at another doorway.


Whatever was going on could wait. Yuuri only had fifteen minutes to eat before Gunter would wander around the castle, wailing for him like some sort of abandoned puppy. Yuuri shuddered at the thought and left the room for his morning meal.
Converting /tmp/phpYpn6eP to /dev/stdout