Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ The Playground ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A little girl, no more than 5 years old, was walking around the playground looking for a friend to play with. This little girl was a good little girl, she did all of her work, she was always polite, and no matter what, she would do what was right. The teachers loved her, she was a complete angel, and she had a smile that could melt an ice cold heart. She never asked for much, only one little thing. Everyday, on the playground, she would go to somebody or a group of people and ask a question.

"Would you play with me?" This little girl would ask.

"No way!" is one of the many responses she would get.

"Are you sure?" she always liked to makes sure.

"Leave me alone!" then that person would leave.

This little girl just smiled and went somewhere else; there were still plenty of kids outside.

"Would you play with me?" the little girl asked.

The little boys she was talking to now looked at her and ran away, not even answering her. She frowned, but she wouldn't let that stop her! She saw a group of girls and she asked the same thing.

"Would you play with me?"

The three girls looked at her and laughed.

"Seriously?" Girl #1 asked.

"Why would we?"Girl #2 asked

"With that ugly dress?" Girl #3 asked.

"And those pig tails?"Girl #2 made a face.

"Who would play with such a pig?"Girl #3 pushed her a little.

"A cow is a better word for her!" Girl #1 said.

Girl #1 pushed her to the ground and the little girls laughed at her, the little girl laughed too, but she is really confused.

"So you find that funny, you cow?"Girl #1 asked.

"I bet she thinks she's better than us!"Girl #3 said, her face turning red as the little girl got up from the ground, dusting off her dress.

"No I don't." This little girl said, she just wanted to make friends.

"Yeah, I bet she thinks that we have to play with her!" Girl #2 said, pushing the little girl back to the ground.

The little girl rolled over on the ground and the three girls laughed at her.

"How pathetic!" Girl#1 said, still laughing.

"If I didn't think that she would be so desperate, then I would have felt sorry for her." Girl #2 said.

Girl #1 pushed her to the ground again and they laughed. The little girl hurt her elbow, but not too badly, she could deal with it.

"What a loser!"Girl #3 said, kicking the little girl in her leg.

"A loser and an ugly dresser!" Girl #2 said, stomping on the little girls dress.

"But... this is a new dress." The little girl said as she got up from the floor, why were these girls so mean?

"Even worse than!"The three girls laughed.

This little girl was about to speak, but Girl #2 pushed her to the ground again.

"Just go home, no one wants you here!" all three of them said with an angry look on their face.

The three little girls laughed as they walked away. This little girl would cry, but later, she didn't want a red puffy face when she got to play with someone. But she never did, she asked and asked until her pretty yellow dress was dirty and torn and there were no more boys in sight. So after school, when she got home, she would lie down on her bed and cry until dinner was almost ready, she had to fix her face so her parents wouldn't worry. This little girl loved to see the smiles on her parents' faces; they got her through her day. They made her believe that everything was okay. They made her smile when she didn't want to, and she didn't want to a lot of times. But no one liked an ugly face, and a crying face was an ugly face. Smiles brought rainbows into people's hearts, and that's what this little girl would give.

"Yuu-chan, it's time for dinner!" her mama called.

Yuu-chan went into the kitchen with a big smile on her face; she didn't want her parents to know that she was sad. At dinner, she mama talked about how she got her new dress dirty and torn and her papa was saying big words that this little girl didn't understand.

"Yuu-chan, what did you do at school today?" her mama asked.

Yuu-chan put on a happy face and said, "Today was great! I got to play with a lot of kids and it was so much fun! And in class today, we did finger painting and I made a really pretty picture of all of us! I drew mama and papa and Sho-chan and me!"

This little girl didn't like lying, but sometimes you had to do things you didn't like to do to protect your family, that' what Sho-chan taught her! Yuu-chan felt proud of herself for remembering that! Yuu-chan heard the front door open and turned to see who it was. Her smile turned genuine when a boy no older than 8 years old closed the door behind him.

"Sho-chan! Sho-chan!"

Yuu-chan got out of her seat and ran to hug him. Sho-chan laughed as he was nearly tacked to the ground by this little girl.

"Hey, Yuu-chan! How's my precious little brother?"

Yuu-chan smiled as his brother patted him on the head. There was plenty of times where she forgot that she was actually a he.

"I'm glad you're home, Sho-chan! I was telling mama and papa about my drawing!"

"Shori, you can't keep doing projects with the principal if you arrive home so late." His papa said.

"Leave Sho-chan alone! Bob is a good man and would not do such things to him! Even if Sho-chan is so cute!" Mama said.

"Jennifer, you don't know that, for all we know, Bob could be doing experiments on Shori! Or worse!" Papa cried.

"Oh, please! You just don't like the fact that Sho-chan will be more successful than you one day!" Mama yelled.

"What? That's absurd!" Papa denied.

Then they would argue for a while, but both Yuu-chan and Sho-chan knew that they would never leave each other. No, this was a happy family, with trust issues.

"Mother and Father, I ask that you both stop yelling in front of Yuu-chan!" Shori yelled.

The two adult stopped yelling immediately and would smile and glow with pride.

"Look at my Sho-chan! You can always trust him to be the adult when the adults act like children." Mama said.

Papa nodded, "I'm so proud of you, Shori. For showing us how pathetic we are as parents."

Yuu-chan was always confused and Shori was always irritated when they started talking like that. But Yuu-chan just smiled and listen to everyone else talk while they had dinner. She was scared of how her family was, but she knew that she didn't have the worst family, so she was glad, but still scared. But she knew that as long as she smiled, everything would be okay.
She would keep on giving that smile to everyone, even if they did something bad, even if they don't understand why, even if they don't want a smile. This little girl will smile until her face broke if she needed to.
________________________________________

A little boy, no more than 6 years old, ran to his elder brother's room. He was mad, no, this little boy was furious. Despite the fact that his family was filthy rich and he was a spoiled blond beautiful brat, this little boy was usually so calm, he was polite when needed and did his work when he thought it was necessary. He would sit and listen to his private tutor while his mother was working on a project with one of her friends. His mother was always banging on the wall and yelling to God and making weird noises when she did. But his private tutor told him that it was something that all adults do, so he did his best to ignore the noises, even though he could barely hear his tutor over them.

But that was not the cause of his anger, no, his fury. Today, at 10:43 a.m. to be exact, his tutor was grabbed by the security and thrown out of the mansion. Had this been anyone else, he would not have cared, but this little boy actually liked learning from the man whose first name was unknown to him. But even that would not have caused him to run to his elder brother's room. His elder brother was a busy boy and had no time for childish problems this little boy had.

But this time, this little boy had an adult problem, or so he thought so.

"Elder brother!" the little boy called.

His elder brother made a rule that if this little boy had to bug him, then he had to let him know of his presence before he got to the hallway to get to his door to his room. The little boy did not understand this, but he would never question his elder brother. As this little boy ran, he thought of what to say, how to say it, and how his elder brother would react to the news. This isn't something that should be happening in the first place!

"Elder brother!" he called again as he got closer to the door.

Before he got there, the door opened to reveal a boy who looked no older than 17 years old. The little boy pushed the elder boy back into the room and locked the door.

"Wolfram, what is wrong with you?" the elder boy screamed.

This little boy, known as Wolfram, cringed at his elder brother's angry voice. He hated his elder brother angry, everyone did.

"E-Elder brother, I've ...come ba-baring news." Wolfram said, his anger almost forgotten.

"What's so important that you have to interrupt my research?" the elder brother said in a forced calmed voice.

"... Mother... has fired my tutor." This little boy's voice was so sad that it almost made the elder brother feel guilty for yelling at him, almost.

"Did she have a good reason?" his elder brother asked.

"She said that it was because she got bored of him." Wolfram said, a little anger returning.

"Then what's the problem? Mother does this all the ti-"

"Because he was mine!" the little boy yelled.

The elder brother was shocked, the little boy never yelled like that to his elder brother.

"He was mine! He taught me everything that I know! He was there for me when no one else was! He was the closest thing to a father that I had! He held me when I cried! He laughed and played with me when you wouldn't! He gave me advice like a father should! He inspired me in ways you couldn't! He told me stories at night when mother was too busy fucking all of the male staff in every roo-"

The little boy was cut off by a back slap to his cheek. Wolfram fell to the ground and cradled his bruising cheek, looking at his elder brother with wide, tearful eyes. His elder brother looked down at him with anger, shock and panic in his eyes, but what for? His elder brother had nothing to be afraid of.

"Where did you learn that... accursed word?" his elder brother asked, his emotions sealed yet exposed behind an angry face.

This little boy was scared, this little boy wanted to run and hide from his elder brother. He wished he had never said that bad word, but it slipped, he didn't mean to say it!

"Where did you learn it?" his elder brother walked closer to him.

Wolfram tried to crawl away, but his elder brother grabbed his ankle and pulled him off the ground up side down. This little boy was crying, but his elder brother didn't care, in fact, it made him angrier. He brought his hand back to slap him again when the door was opened.

"Gwendal, what are you doing to Wolfram?"

The elder brother, known as Gwendal, looked from his mother to Wolfram. He was disgusted, not with Wolfram, but with himself. He let his anger get the best of him and he ended up hurting his little brother. He let go of Wolfram, who immediately ran out o the room, and sat on his bed to cool his head. His mother sat next to him and rubbed his back, truly concerned for her son.

"You have to stop your projects, Mother. You're giving him the wrong ideas." Gwendal said.

His mother sighed, "I know, but would you rather I be one of those mothers who did drugs and alcohol?"

"I'd rather you get over whatever it is that's making you do this and actually focus on becoming a family again. We don't need a father and we most definitely don't need another sibling to deal with."

Gwendal got up from the bed and left his room, looking for Wolfram. He looked in Wolfram's room and didn't find him; he looked in the kitchen and only found maids gossiping. He looked in the rose garden and found nothing. He looked in the bathroom and wished he found nothing. He looked in all 56 guestrooms and found no sign of the blond little boy. Gwendal started to worry; you almost could not miss the little brat, where in the world could he be?
While Gwendal looked and turned the mansion upside down to find him, Wolfram was in basket, hiding and making a phone call. An adult phone call, or so he thought.

"Are you sure, we don't have to get you right away." A boy said on the other end.

"No, I'm sure. I can't stay here; I want to live with you, Little Big Brother!"Wolfram cried.

The Little Big Brother sighed, "Okay, it will take a bit to get there, can you wait that long?"

Wolfram nodded, but realized that he couldn't see, "Yes, but please hurry!"

Wolfram hung up the phone and found a new place to hide, a food cabinet. He wanted to cry, but he wanted to be an adult now, so he couldn't cry. He would be a responsible adult, unlike his mother. He would be a kind adult, unlike his elder brother. He would be a strong adult, just like the father that he dreamed that he had. His eyes stung and his throat hurt, but he wouldn't cry. They could all die for all he cared, and he wouldn't cry, even if his heart exploded from the pain.