Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere I Belong ❯ Chapter 1: Jareth's Demise ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do NOT own anything from the Labyrinth I wish I owned Jareth though..Doesn't everyone? All I own is Lilian Rose and my original characters. Awe well on with the story!







Chapter 1: Jareth's Demise

We all know the story of the Labyrinth and if you don't you might want to watch the movie before you read this. This story begins at the Goblin Kings demise.....

"Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave." Jareth said, both of his mismatched eyes pleading Sarah to accept the crystal that he held out before her.

"My kingdom is as great....my kingdom is as great" Sarah mumbled to herself fighting to remember her forgotten line. Jareth, seeing that it was his last chance, held out the crystal hope flickering in his gaze. At that moment Sarah lifted her head and stared into his eyes.

"You have no power over me." passed through her lips as the thirteen hour clock chimed and Jareth fell. Sarah watched as the once great King of the Goblins transformed into a snow white owl, flew away, and her house materialized around her.

"Toby! Toby!" Sarah called running up the stairs and down the hall in search of her baby half-brother. She reached her parents room and ran up to Toby's bed only to see him sleeping peacefully unaware of what had just accured. Looking around the room Sarah found her old stuffed bear and picked it up and placed it next to Toby. "I'll give Lancelot to you now." she whispered before she turned and left the room, turning the lights off as she went.

She entered the hallway and looked around, as though she thought this was another one of the Goblin Kings tricks. Finding nothing wrong, she walked calmly into her room and shut her door before sitting in front of her vanity. Looking down at the things that were scattered across the vanity she calmly shook her head and began to put them into a small, right-hand drawer. She finally put the last item in the drawer, looked up at the mirror and found herself looking at her hairy friend Ludo.

"Bye Sawah." The large but gentle beast moaned. Sarah turned to look at her bed trying to see if Ludo was actually standing beside it as the mirror had shown, but Ludo was nowhere to be found. She turned to her mirror once more and saw Sir Didymus sitting on her bed.

"And remember, fair maiden, should you need us..." Sir Didymus said before he slowly faded away and Hoggle appeared from behind the bed.

"Yea, should you need us....for any reason." Hoggle said as Sarah smiled.

"I need you Hoggle." she said softly, surprising Hoggle.

"Ya...ya do?" the darf stammered.

"I don't know why but, every now and then, for no reason at all, I need you." Sarah said smiling sweetly at her friend.

"Well why didn't ya say so?" Hoggle said as the Labyrinths creatures appeared in Sarahs room. The creatures and Sarah preceded to have a party in order to celebrate the defeat of the Goblin King, no one noticing the white barn owl perched on a branch right outside of Sarah's room. The white owl left and headed towards the Underground soon after the party had begun.

Back at the Underground, clouds filled the sky and icy rain began to fall alerting all the creatures left there of Jareths foul mood. Inside the castle, goblins ran in search of a place to hide from the crystals being hurled around the throne room. Jareth paced and seathed in his anger, occasionly throwing a crystal at an unfortunate goblin who had forgotten about his kings anger.

"I don't understand! I offered her everything, yet she refuses." He paced the floor his power and anger crackling around him in dark waves. Infuriated by his loss to such a childish creature he slumped down in his throne rubbing his throbbing temples. 'I did everything she wanted and more.' he thought before he stood and strode to his chambers. 'This is the end. Sarah Williams never came here and she will be forgotten.' With that thought in mind Jareth shut the door to his room and lay on his bed falling into a deep, dreamless sleep.