Labyrinth Fan Fiction ❯ Somewhere I Belong ❯ Time Flys ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 2: Time Flys
I do NOT own anything from the Labyrinth I wish I owned Jareth though..Doesn't everyone? Awe well on with the story!

It had been about four years since Sarah's journey though the Labyrinth. Sarah, now nineteen, stood in her favorite part of the park she used to rehearse her lines in. Her knee-length dark brown hair blew in the light autumn breeze that ruffled her plain black t-shirt and loose fitting blue jeans. Her brown eyes scanned the park for something unknown and forbidden.

"I guess I killed him." her soft sigh drifted through the wind before a voice called out her name. Sarah turned around to face a girl with turquise hair and matching hazel eyes waving at her.

"Come on Sarah! We're going to be late for Toby's birthday party!" the girl said swinging her legs over a flame colored motorcycle. Sarah shook her head a smile playing on her face before she ran over to the motorcycle and sat in front of her friend.

"Lilian you really just had to talk me into getting this thing didn't you?" Sarah said over the wind roaring past her face as they sped off. Lilian's tingling laughter rang out causing Sarah to instantly grin. Lilians arms encircled Sarahs thin waist and she laid her head on Sarah's shoulder. "Lilian?"

"You seemed sad today at the park." Lilian whispered "Are you thinking about HIM again?" Sarah stiffined in Lilian's arms before slowly lossening her musles as they neared her old house. "Sarah, you shouldn't worry about him. I'm sure he's fine." Sarah shut her eyes for a second as she parked. Lilian was Sarah's only friend that she confided in about the Labyrinth, she even went as far as to introduce her to some of the creatures for the Labyrinth. Lilian, being a girl at heart, loved the creatures and their stories about the mystical land.

"I'm fine Lil. I just want to get this over with so we can go home and sleep." Sarah said making sure no one else would have heard that comment. The girls hopped off the motorcycle as soon as it was parked in front of the house. Lilian stood behind Sarah and began brushing the dust off of her large t-shirt and baggy jeans as they neared the front door. "I can't beleave that Toby's six today. It seems that it was just yesterday he was in his crib screaming his little lungs out." Sarah laughed knocking on the front door.

"Coming!" a feminine voice called from inside the house. Both girls waited patiently for the door to be opened and after a few loud crashes and muffled curses the door swung open to reveal a very disheveled blonde-haired woman. The once very cultured and proper Karen held the door open for the girls while, at the same time, trying to fix the bun that hung loosely by her neck. "Sarah, thank goodness! Your father and I have to go out would you mind watching Toby while we're gone?" Sarah rolled her eyes before turning to smile at Karen while Lilian folded her arms across her chest.

"I wouldn't mind at all. However I would like to know what has caused you both to run off so suddenly?" Sarah said in a superior voice knowing that deep down Karen hated the fact that she could no longer try and control the young woman. Lilian covered her smile with her hand trying not to infuriate the already angered woman.

"Your father's boss Mr. Amity made a dinner date to discuss your fathers job and it could help or kill your father's career. Therefore, we're going to that and we will not be back home till late. I'm going to be out in the car, tell your father." With that Karen walked out the door her head held high trying to show her high class and beauty. Lilian looked at Sarah trying to figure out what the girl was thinking a second before Sarahs father came rushing past the two not even spareing them a glance. Sarah shut the door and walked into the den before the car even sped out of the driveway.

"I can't believe them!" Sarah yelled slumping down on the couch her hands covering her face "They left on Toby's birthday to go to a dinner date. A dinner date! I mean that's not as important as their own son." Lilian shook her head and sat next to the utterly angered woman. They sat there for about five minutes before a young blonde-haired boy came running down the stairs in a pair of shorts and long sleeved shirt and launched himself into Sarah's arms. "Hey Tobes."

"Sarah!" Toby giggled detaching himself from his sister's neck "Mom and Dad said that you were gonna be here." Sarah, despite the fact that she didn't agree with her family's way of treating the boy, found herself smiling and patting Tobys back. Toby, still smiling, looked around for his parents before his eyes settled back on Sarah. "Sarah? Where's Mom and Dad?" Sarah inwardly cringed at Toby's sorrow filled voice.

"Well Tobes...they had to go to something very important. So it's just you, me and Lilian tonight." Sarah said forcing a smile to show on her face. Toby's bottom lip decided to pucker out at that moment. 'Uh-oh.' Sarah thought before the wailing that was expected came from Toby's lips. "Tobes....I'm sorry but it was very important to them and to your future so they have a liable excuse. Why don't I tell you a story then we can get you ready for bed." Toby simply nodded then sniffled before he was picked up and carried to his room. Lilian followed the pair upstairs and into Toby's room where Sarah was busy tucking Toby in.

"Sarah, tell me a story." The young boy yawned stretching his arms out above his head. Sarah shook her head at Toby's antics but smilied dispite herself.

"Sure Tobes. What story do you want to hear?" Sarah asked folding her hands on top of her lap not realizing the possibilitys she had just opened up to the six year old child.

"The one about the Goblin King and the girl." Toby said looking up at Sarah with wide eyes. Sarah's mouth opened and closed several times before she finally managed to form words.

"Tobes...I" Sarah stuttered as Toby formed the perfect puppy face anyone could muster causing Sarah's walls to crumble right before her eyes. 'I don't know if I can do this.' Sarah thought when her lips moved forming the words to the story she had lived four years ago.