Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ Happy Nation ❯ He's A Monster ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from the Zelda series. Although the characters are mine.
Happy Nation
Chapter 2: He's a Monster
“What a sad life to have, losing a father shortly after your sixth year. Then, on the night of your thirteenth anniversary of birth, losing your mother.” Said an elderly woman who sat on a bench next to her best friend.
“Yes,” began the other elderly woman, “A terrible life indeed.” She paused briefly to look, cautiously, on either side of the bench where they sat. “It really is very fortunate that we do not live close to the house where he lived. They boy, I mean.”
The first elderly woman turned to her friend, slightly confused. “Why is that, Rose?” She asked.
Rose leaned slightly toward her friend and began quietly, “Well, Mary, I recently heard from Livie, down the lane, that the boy is…” she paused, much to the anticipation of Mary.
“What?” Mary asked impatiently. “The boy is what, Rose? What did Livie say about him?”
Rose looked cautiously around them, just as she had done before, then, leaning closer to Mary, whispered, “A monster.”
Mary gasped and Rose hushed her. “Did Livie tell you why she believes that the boy is a monster, Rose?”
Rose shook her head slowly and replied, “The only other information Livie gave on the matter is that both the mother and the father of the boy died of mysterious illnesses.”
Mary placed her hand over her mouth and asked, now very interested in the subject, “Livie doesn't believe that the boy caused their illnesses. Does she?”
Rose nodded sadly, “Yes, Mary, she does. I suppose that is why she calls him a monster.”
Mary leaned slightly toward Rose and asked quietly, “Did Livie say anything else about the boy being a monster.”
Rose nodded, then answered, “She did.”
“Well?” Asked Mary.
“His birth date.”
“What about it?”
“The sixth day of the sixth month, in the year of 1906.” Whispered Rose.
(Livie's House)
Livie, the elderly woman of whom Rose and Mary spoke, sat in her beautiful garden, behind her house, admiring the flowers. “Why can't I be as beautiful as you?” She asked them, a tone of longing in her voice.
The flowers did not answer, but she spoke to them once more as if they had. “You flowers are so gorgeous. I wish that I could be gorgeous also.” She leaned forward and picked one. “Oh, what I would give.”
A shadow loomed over her and she turned to look. Then she dropped the small flower, and screamed as loud as she possibly could. Then, fell to the ground in a bloody heap.
The last thing that Livie heard, before darkness consumed her, was, “You, Livie, are the monster.” Then the shadow was gone.
(Boy's House)
The boy still sat next to his mother's bedside, crying. He knew that soon he would have to bury her body… but didn't want to disturb it. She looked so peaceful. Lying there with not a care in the world. He raised his head to glare in her direction.
He simply sat there for the longest time, glaring at his mother's lifeless form. Then, he asked her, quietly, “What is it like, mother?” He wasn't expecting an answer, knowing that one would never come, although, he continued to glare at her. “Is it wonderful, being away from me, mother?” He asked this more harsh than the first question.
Then, he looked away from her and sighed. “You know,” he began, looking up toward the ceiling, “Livie, the old woman who sits in her garden all day just staring at the flowers. She is dead, mother. Did you know that?” He asked her, then lowered his gaze again. “She told a friend of hers that I was a monster.” He looked over at his mother once more, then finished. “So, do you know what happened to her, mother… I'll tell you what happened… I killed her. And do you know why, mother? Because, she's the monster.”
(Mary's House)
Mary was sitting in her kitchen, folding laundry at a small, round table in the center of the small room. She liked folding freshly cleaned laundry. She enjoyed the scent of it, the feel of it was nice, too.
When she finished folding it, she put it all in its rightful place. “A place for everything, and everything in its place.” She said happily.
Then, an urgent knock sounded on her front door. “Who is it?” Mary called.
“It's Rose.” A voice began, “Mary, this is very important. I need to talk to you, immediately.”
Mary rushed to the door, and opened it. “What is it, Rose? What's the matter?” She asked her friend.
“Livie is dead.”