Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of Zelda; WWII: When You Lack Something Bring Down The Goddesses ❯ Prologue: The Scheming Of The Goddesses; Marooned On Outset Island And The Three Mysterious Girls ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
When You Lack Something; Bring Down The Goddesses
Once more, I got attacked by the evil plot bunnies, after playing wind waker again. And this kind of came to mind, so I just wrote the first chapter before it decided to leave.
 
Summary: Having watched the adventures unfold from the heavens, the three goddesses get cheesed off about one certain thing. Link and Tetra are STILL not together. So, seeing they are going absolutely nowhere, the “mature” goddesses decide to bring things into their own hands. Marooning Tetra's boat on Outset Island is one thing, but the next part of the plan is going undercover. Din, Nayru and Farore disguise themselves as mortals and suddenly set up a camp on the island, befriending Link, Tetra, Aryll and the rest of the pirate crew. Will they be able to push stubborn and shy together, or will they be discovered before they can?
 
Cast (I tweaked the ages a little bit)
Link-15
Tetra-15
Aryll-9
OC “Darius”-9
Mortal Din “Dianne”-15
Mortal Farore “Flora”-15
Mortal Nayru “Nami”-15
And the rest of the pirate crew really don't matter. Nor does Link and Aryll's grandmother, because I presume you can tell she is rather old, unless you have severe problems.
 
Rating: T
 
Genre: Romance/Humour-Smidge of Drama
 
Pairings Main- Link+Tetra (Of course : D)
Pairings Slight: Darius+Aryll (I thought a tiny bit would be cute. The amount of innocence in it anyways : D)
 
Meh OC's in this story
 
Mortal Din: “Dianne”
Age-15
Hair-Short
Colour-Red
Eyes-Red
Basic Information-The deceiving mortal body of the goddess Din. She is the one who came up with the plan in the first place.
 
Mortal Farore: “Flora”
Age-15
Hair-Average
Colour-Blue
Eyes-Blue
Basic Information-The deceiving mortal body of the goddess Farore. She is the wits…at least at this moment in time, I consider her to be.
 
Mortal Nayru: “Nami”
Age-15
Hair-Long
Colour-Green
Eyes-Green
Basic Information-The deceiving mortal body of the goddess Nayru. She is the goddess that swoons over the blossoming Tetra and Link romance. Aww, isn't that typical…there is always one, isn't there?
 
Darius
Age-9
Hair-Short
Colour-Green
Eyes-Black
Basic Information-A boy who recently came to Outset. He quickly became best friends with Aryll and is usually always seen at her side. He lives with his uncle in the village, next to the house of Orca (Neighbours from hell vibes are coming from here). He is an optimistic and idealistic young boy. He wants to be a great hero like Link, but also a great pirate like Tetra and idolises them both. His uncle has taught him how to wield a bow though he is now a novice, he claims a bow will be his sword and an arrow his sea (an analogy only Aryll seemed to grasp). He has a short fuse if he is being teased and Tetra does have the tendency to tease him (though he does run around with her neck bandanna on : D). He has a large phobia of deep water though, which isn't doing a world of good for his future pirate career.
 
Anyway, this is meant to be set after they defeat Ganon. They look around the place for a few months and find no new lands for Hyrule, so Tetra drops Link back on Outset. Then, when she gets news of a land in the South East, she goes to retrieve him and then things take place from there. Note, the entire first chapter is in Aryll's pov.
 
Chapter One: The Scheming Of The Goddesses; Marooned At OutsetAnd The Three Mysterious Girls
I found it kinda odd actually. I mean, Tetra's boat looked in great condition, so why was it stuck here, sticking out of the ocean like a big whale? It had suddenly had faults, but I can't remember the name of the faults, because it sounded too confusing to me. Something about fire, wind and water or what not.
 
I was wondering this as I stood upon the golden sanded beach, my best friend Darius beside me, blinking at the large boat in front of us. I glanced over to the right, to find an angry Tetra talking to my oni-chan with her arms crossed. My oni-chan, Link looked kinda scared about Tetra's mood, but then again if my big boat got stuck at a place I did not want it to be stuck at, I'd be angry too!
 
I can see oni-chan is trying to calm Tetra down, but it isn't working. He even put his hand on her shoulder, but she gave him a really scary glare, making him back off. I wish I could scare oni-chan as easily as Tetra can. I think it's really cool. I could make him do all sorts of things for me, chores too! But, I think what's happening now is a bit more important. I can hear Tetra yelling at my oni-chan now and he's just standing there looking meek. Tee hee! Tetra and oni-chan are so cute together, but if anyone mentions it, Tetra denies it and her temper comes, while my oni-chan just blushes and scratches the back of his head. I wonder what would happen if I mentioned it? I know Tetra would never yell at me, so she'd act different. Hmm, maybe I will say it, but for now, I'll just watch Tetra yell at him under the sunset. Besides, I know Tetra won't get angry at me if I mention it. I already call her Aneue.
 
“Link no baka! Your stupid island wrecked my ship!” Tetra roared, seething through her teeth at the green clad boy.
 
“But Tetra-chan, I don't understand what happened. It was fine when you came and before we left…”
 
“But now it isn't!”
 
“I know Tetra-chan, but how on earth did a fire start in the inner bit of the ship?”
 
“Why'dya think I'm asking you?”
 
“But then, that gust of wind must have been oddly strong to blow your sails away.”
 
“No kidding.”
 
“And the sea over here suddenly became impossible for your ship to go through. It was kind of like quicksand except you didn't sink. Why did this happen?”
 
“Must I repeat? Why'dya think I'm asking you?”
 
“I dunno actually.”
 
“That's because you're a baka.”
 
“I am?”
 
“Hai.”
 
“Ok, I'm a baka.”
 
Oni-chan obeyed whatever Tetra said. I dunno if it was `cause he was a bit afraid of her, or because he really likes her. Maybe it was both. I don't understand why I'm not afraid of Tetra and everyone else is, but I suppose it doesn't matter. So, Tetra's ship was burnt, the sail was blown away and the sea won't let it move? That sounds really weird. That's gonna take a long time to fix, so I guess Tetra will have to stay at Outset with all her crew…
 
Yay!
 
Aneue Tetra gets to stay with us for a while! I'm sure obaasan won't mind Tetra staying. She always says she'd like to get to know Tetra a little better. I know oni-chan won't mind this set up at all! I sneezed and Darius looked at me as if I was insane. I don't know why, `cause I only sneezed, but my friend is afraid of water and he wants to be a pirate like Tetra, so things must be strange to him…
 
Darius has this really funny style of hair. Its all spiky at the front, but flat at the back and his hair is a dark kinda green. I like playing with it, but he usually goes red and chases me because I do it. He has these really, really black eyes. I think they're darker than the colour of coal! He has a really cool and nice bow with him as well. He said it was made by his uncle. He told me his parents had gone on vacation and hadn't come back, so he had lived with his uncle for a few years. I thought it was really sad, but he made me cheer up, saying he didn't mind, so I stopped crying and was happy again. I don't like to be sad.
 
He usually wears a sleeveless vest top of the colour grey with these really floppy red shorts. He tends to be barefooted, but sometimes he wears these yellow open toed sandals. His skin is tanned, not as much as Tetra's, but not as light as mine and oni-chan's. I think it wasn't tanned from the sun like Tetra's, but it was naturally a darker shade.
 
“Aryll-chan, why do ya oni-san and Tetra always argue?”
 
I turned by attention back to Darius and smiled.
 
“I think its relationship building.”
 
“Huh? Then I think ya think too much. Besides, ya gotta be wrong.”
 
“Why would I be wrong?”
 
“How the heck is Tetra yelling at Link relationship building?”
 
“Because they love each other.”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Oh Darius. Did you just use sarcasm on me?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Humph.”
 
“Females…”
 
After my own little mock argument with Darius, I decided to check back on oni-chan and Tetra. Tetra still had her arms crossed but it looked like she wasn't very angry anymore. She was also sitting on a rock with oni-chan, but her eyes were closed. Oni-chan had taken off his hat and was gazing at Tetra. Like I said earlier, they were really cute together. I wanted to see what they were doing, so like a really, really stealthy person I crept up to them.
 
I was a few feet behind the rock and neither Tetra nor oni-chan had noticed me. Oni-chan was twiddling his fingers and Tetra still had her eyes closed. When I got even closer, heart pounding, oni-chan started to speak to Tetra. That was good `cause I could listen to whatever cute conversation I just knew they were gonna have and their voices would cover my own sounds.
 
“Tetra-chan, isn't it a nice day?” Link squeaked out, a light blush appearing upon his face. The girl, mute only nodded in response.
 
I hid a laugh at my oni-chan's attempt at striking up a conversation. Tetra didn't look interested at all. She hadn't even looked at him. Oni-chan's girl skills were really bad. Maybe I could give him a little advice later. As I got closer, Tetra started to speak, so I froze right there.
 
“Yeah, it is a nice day. A particularly nice day where my ship gets mysteriously ailed with three predicaments. A great nice day, huh Link.” She commented dryly. Link sighed and scratched the back of his head tentatively, a slight frown crossing his features, before he smiled wryly at the pirate captain.
 
“Y'know, you've always been good with sarcasm Tetra-chan.” He said in a hearty tone.
 
Then, Tetra opened one eye and turned to him, which transformed into her trademark wink.
 
“Geez kid, I'm flattered.”
 
At this moment in time, I was intently watching what was happening, y'know, oni-chan and Tetra being cute together and stuff, before I heard a cough behind me. I went rigid, oni-chan and Tetra gawked in my direction and I saw someone's shadow looking like it had been imprinted into the sand in front of me. I scowled at the sand, before craning my neck and meeting those really black eyes of Darius.
 
I huffed at him, but then remembered oni-chan and Tetra had found me out. I quickly stood up and dusted all that sand off of me and smiled sheepishly at the puzzled teenagers. Tetra eyes had widened, but one closed in her wink again. “Were you spying on us Aryll-chan? Honestly I can't think of why you would want to watch myself and your boring oni-chan converse about nothing on some rock, but that's your own personal reason.”
 
I started giggling really fast at Tetra's comment and Darius just raised his brow at me. Oni-chan blushed from embarrassment and looked to the sea, while Tetra grinned at me, expecting a reply. When I calmed down, much to oni-chan's relief, I smiled sweetly at Tetra.
 
“I was just trying to see some interaction between you and oni-chan, Aneue Tetra-chan.”
 
Tee hee. Tetra's expression was priceless. First, the reply she hadn't been expecting from me shocked her and then…a big red BLUSH appeared on her face and she whipped her head to the left in an attempt to hide it. I saw it and giggled. Darius saw it and sighed, while oni-chan didn't see it and…sighed.
 
Tetra turned back to face us, sure the blush had left her face, the grin wiped off her face.
 
“What kinda interaction were you expecting Aryll-chan?” She murmured. I grinned like I'd just won something and groaning, Darius whacked his hand to his forehead, thinking all of this was childish. Sure, everything else he is so immature about, but things that matter like romance he just has to act like a “mature” adult when he's only nine AND…does it badly.
 
I knew Tetra wouldn't yell at me. Just ask a question in a kinda un-Tetra like voice. Ignoring Darius' mutters and grumbles, I twirled a strand of my blonde locks, beaming at her.
 
“Well, you know. That kinda…interaction…”
 
“What kind of interaction?”
 
“Huh? Ah, you know…that kinda interaction.”
 
“Aryll-chan, WHAT interaction?”
 
“…The one you and oni-chan were just having.”
 
I couldn't figure out why I couldn't just say it. Were Darius' constant grumbles affecting me, or was I just not able to admit it was cute interaction? I gulped a bit as I saw Tetra's left eyebrow twitching. I could see she was getting agitated at the lack of information I was giving her. Really, I was trying to say it, but I just kinda…couldn't. Would she believe me?
 
“Aryll-chan, lis…”
 
Tetra was cut off as a loud banging sounded. We all blinked and turned to face eastwards. A small puff of smoke had come up and we saw three pairs of legs sticking up. We heard mumbles and groans and the legs shifted, disappearing to be replaced by three dishevelled looking faces. We gaped as the three sat up. They were a trio of girls, about oni-chan and Tetra's age.
 
One had short red hair and red eyes to assist which burned with mischief. Another had medium length blue hair and blue eyes full of intelligence. The last one had the longest hair, which flowed down her back loosely. She had green hair and green eyes to compliment, which sparkled with…the kinda gleam girls have when they read or do something really…mushy.
 
As they stood up, the one with blue hair bumped into the one with green hair and they shot glares at each other. The red haired one just stood there, arms crossed, apparently searching for something while the other two snapped at each other. Then, the one with red hair's red eyes landed on us and her lips curved up in one of the widest grins I had ever seen in my nine years.
 
She swivelled around, hands on hips and then bent down. She then picked up two sort of big stones, y'know, the ones that aren't small, but aren't humongous either and chucked both at them, each hitting one of the girls. They stopped arguing with each other and glowered at the red haired one who sighed and side stepped out of their line of view so they could see us.
 
We all gulped as the two gasped and grinned devilishly. Then, before we knew it, the three had raced down in our direction, kinda like a stampede with all the dust they were kicking up. I tried to move, but I found I couldn't which really worried me. Darius was just standing there idly, looking blank while oni-chan and Tetra were watching in fear. I think they had the same kinda problem as me, unlike Darius who looked like someone had pressed his off button…
 
“Heeellllllllooooo!” The red haired one exclaimed as the stampede came to a halt just in front of us. All of us except Darius let out a sigh of relief at the fact they hadn't flattened us. I noticed the one with red hair was looking to and fro oni-chan and Tetra with an inquisitive look in her eyes. I decided to let it pass though, `cause it wasn't any of my business. They must have seen it too as Tetra's brow rose slightly.
 
“Hello to you too. Now, where did the heck did you come…eh…fall from?” Darius questioned, snapping out of his dazed state.
 
“The sky.”
 
“No duh red head.”
 
“Don't be rude Faro…urh um…Flora…”
 
“Flora? What the hell is wrong…?”
 
“Both of you shaddup!” The red haired one barked, causing the others to stiffen. Tetra couldn't resist a smirk. The red haired one seemed to be able to order well…
 
“Who are you guys?” Link quizzed, blinking innocently at them.
 
“I am Di…anne. The one with the green hair is Na…mi and the one with the short fuse…”
 
“Pardon me?”
 
“…Is F…lora…”
 
`I am not named after some mortal plant or what not! I am Farore! Goddess of courage!'
 
“So, Dianne, Flora and Nami, why did you fall out of the sky?” Tetra asked casually.
 
“'Cause we were…trying to fly.” Nami responded, smiling. Dianne cast her a wearied look while Flora glowered at her. With widened eyes Tetra over looked them, frowning ever so slightly.
 
“You were trying to…fly?”
 
“Uh huh.”
 
It was kinda funny that they were trying to fly. Don't they know we can't fly like the Rito? Or maybe they have special powers! But then why did they fall? Don't they know they will get hurt if they land? Oh well, they kinda did land and seem really energetic…maybe I'm thinking too much.
 
“Welcome to Outset!” I cheered glomping the Dianne.
 
“We know where we are already.” Flora grumbled under her breath. Struggling out of my grasp, Dianne kicked her in the shin and wincing she stumbled backwards, glowering. Wow, she sure did glower a lot, yet Dianne seemed to be suited to being a better leader.
 
Tetra rolled her eyes and oni-chan laughed in confusion. Darius had his head cocked to the side with this really childish expression on. I didn't want to take the expression away, so I left him to his childness. Tetra then shrugged at the trio and outstretched her hand in a friendly gesture towards them.
 
“Yeah, I wouldn't try anymore flying lessons…name's Tetra.”
 
“Oh we know! And we know about you and Linky-kun…OW!” Nami was hit by a disgruntled Flora while Dianne resisted the urge to roll her eyes. She took Tetra's hand, shaking it and ignoring her bemused expression.
 
“Hallo, I see that big boat there is a tad…stranded.”
 
It was then the pirate captain looked to her boat, earlier scowl appearing.
 
“Yeah, it got attacked by three weird ailments…”
 
“Really?” Dianne exclaimed in the best shocked and innocent voice she could muster, “What happened?”
 
While Tetra explained, I looked over to Darius, who looked over to Link, who looked over to Tetra who…was looking at Dianne, who was looking at Tetra, who was looking at Di…y'know; the looking thing wasn't really working.
 
I tapped Darius on the shoulder and he pivoted around to face me.
 
“Don't you think there is something funny about them?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“What if they're escaped fugitives?”
 
“Yeah!”
 
“Trying to fly, isn't that a bit…”
 
“Weird, unique, odd, dodgy, freaky, creepy, scary…”
 
“…Silly?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“How did they know oni-chan and Aneue Tetra-chan's names already?”
 
“Why do ya call Tetra: Aneue Tetra-chan? Why not just Aneue or Tetra-chan for heavens sake?”
 
“'Cause I like calling her that. Anyways, don't get off topic!”
 
“Fine, but you should really…”
 
“Darius!”
 
“Maybe they're psychic?”
 
“Ooh…”
 
“Anyways, I gotta go help my uncle with dinner.”
 
“…Its 9 in the morning…”
 
“…We have an early dinner…”
 
“Oh…ok…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
Silence.
 
“Ok Darius-kun, I'll see you later.” I said, smiling at him.
 
“Ditto Aryll-chan.” He replied, giving me a half wave and speeding off. My eyes followed him, until I felt a tap on my own shoulder. I blinked and looked over my shoulder to see oni-chan.
 
“These three girls are going to…stick with us for a while, I think…”
 
“Does Tetra mind?”
 
“Actually, she offered for them to…”
 
“Ok oni-chan, shall we show them around Outset?”
 
“Yeah and it will be a good chance for Tetra-chan to mellow out.”
 
“Tee hee. You just love doing things for Aneue Tetra-chan, don't you oni-chan?”
 
The response I got was a blush, before oni-chan turned on his heel and caught up with Tetra, who was patiently waiting for him. She then waved at me, grinning alongside oni-chan and I rushed up to them. They then motioned for the other three to follow and they did, but only after a while.
 
“Din, I hope you know what you've gotten us into…” Flora muttered dejectedly. The red head turned to face Flora, grinning madly, while Nami appeared to be chatting with an animal.
 
“Of course I do Farore,” the goddess of power replied, winking, “and its going to be a long ride, a challenge for us too, getting used to being mortals, but I assure you, it'll feel good to finally get these two together.”
Tsuzuku
A/N: That was a rather odd and corny opening, but we love the corn right? >Silence< Ah, ok… Basically, the three goddesses need to get accustomed to acting human and ungoddess like. And as for the next chapter, well…I haven't the slightest what it will be about. Reviews will be appreciated : )
 
See ya next chapter.