Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of Zelda; WWII: When You Lack Something Bring Down The Goddesses ❯ Chapter One: Control And Movement Ailments; Why Goddesses Should Not Take The Mortal Form ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker
When You Lack Something; Bring Down The Goddesses
 
Summary: Having watched the adventures unfold from the heavens, the three goddesses get cheesed off about one certain thing. Link and Tetra are STILL not together. So, seeing they are going absolutely nowhere, the “mature” goddesses decide to bring things into their own hands. Marooning Tetra's boat on Outset Island is one thing, but the next part of the plan is going undercover. Din, Nayru and Farore disguise themselves as mortals and suddenly set up a camp on the island, befriending Link, Tetra, Aryll and the rest of the pirate crew. Will they be able to push stubborn and shy together, or will they be discovered before they can?
 
Cast (I tweaked the ages a little bit)
Link-15
Tetra-15
Aryll-9
OC “Darius”-9
Mortal Din “Dianne”-15
Mortal Farore “Flora”-15
Mortal Nayru “Nami”-15
And the rest of the pirate crew really don't matter. Nor does Link and Aryll's grandmother.
 
Rating: T
 
Genre: Romance/Humour-Smidge of Drama
 
Pairings Main- Link+Tetra (Of course : D)
Pairings Slight: Darius+Aryll (I thought a tiny bit would be cute. The amount of innocence in it anyways : D)
 
Meh OC's in this story
 
Mortal Din: “Dianne”
Age-15
Hair-Short
Colour-Red
Eyes-Red
Basic Information-The deceiving mortal body of the goddess Din. She is the one who came up with the plan in the first place.
 
Mortal Farore: “Flora”
Age-15
Hair-Average
Colour-Blue
Eyes-Blue
Basic Information-The deceiving mortal body of the goddess Farore. She is the wits…at least at this moment in time, I consider her to be.
 
Mortal Nayru: “Nami”
Age-15
Hair-Long
Colour-Green
Eyes-Green
Basic Information-The deceiving mortal body of the goddess Nayru. She is the goddess that swoons over the blossoming Tetra and Link romance. Aww, isn't that typical…there is always one, isn't there?
 
Darius
Age-9
Hair-Short
Colour-Green
Eyes-Black
Basic Information-A boy who recently came to Outset. He quickly became best friends with Aryll and is usually always seen at her side. He lives with his uncle in the village, next to the house of Orca (Neighbours from hell vibes are coming from here). He is an optimistic and idealistic young boy. He wants to be a great hero like Link, but also a great pirate like Tetra and idolises them both. His uncle has taught him how to wield a bow though he is now a novice, he claims a bow will be his sword and an arrow his sea (an analogy only Aryll seemed to grasp). He has a short fuse if he is being teased and Tetra does have the tendency to tease him (though he does run around with her neck bandanna on : D). He has a large phobia of deep water though, which isn't doing a world of good for his future pirate career.
 
Anyway, this is meant to be set after they defeat Ganon. They look around the place for a few months and find no new lands for Hyrule, so Tetra drops Link back on Outset. Then, when she gets news of a land in the South East, she goes to retrieve him and then things take place from there. Note, the entire first chapter is in Aryll's pov.
 
 
Chapter Two: The Problem With Goddesses Attempting To Be Mortals; Control and Movement Problems
It was an inconvenience that the goddesses had figured controlling mortal bodies would be easy, yet it turned out it most certainly was not. Take the one occasion where Flora continuously tripped over her own feet and got into a huff about it. Dianne and Nami assured the others they just had a crab infestation upon Outset. Or the other occurrence, where Nami lost control of her feet and began to walk backwards. The others had just stood there, blinking after her, with the exception of Dianne having an air of exasperation about her. Dianne herself had lost control of her mind and had drunk a potion constructed by the intelligent (Cough) man above Orca, despite the warnings of Aryll and Link. If you were wondering why she now had green coloured skin…
 
Currently, they had been rejoined by Darius, who at first was a bit taken aback at Dianne's skin…and promptly proceeded to yell `hya!' and attack her with his bow making her yelp and blast him with fire. They all gawked at her, while Aryll was on her knees, looking for a way to revive Darius. Dianne laughed slowly and hesitantly, a big Sweatdrop making its way down her face. She scratched the back of her head and grinned at them.
 
“Gomen na sai…you guys eh…just sure fire from my…cigarette!” Link had then chosen to point out that a blast of fire had scorched him and Dianne would have smoked by now. So, Nami knocked them out with some wisdomy spell and the trio gathered in a huddle. Dianne had the same look from earlier on, Flora was scowling and Nami was just looking meek.
 
“For the goddesses of power you sure don't have a lot of power over these situations…or your idiotic and far fetched plans!” Flora hissed, making Dianne cock a brow at her. The goddess of wisdom pouted at them, waving her hand frantically in front of them, breaking their tense eye contact. They turned their attention to her as she clasped her hands together, eyes shining with glee.
 
“It matters not how tough our situation may be, we must prevail in the name of love!”
 
“Just what are you getting at Nayru?”
 
“Hush Farore, listen to my story…”
 
“…I told you she was playing Final Fantasy too much up in heaven Din, but did you listen?”
 
“…Iie…”
 
“Exactly!”
 
“LISTEN TO MY STORY!”
 
The two other goddesses stiffened and decided to shut their traps and focus on the goddesses of wisdom. Well, they should have automatically, hence the fact she was called the goddess of wisdom. “Now, we came to the agreement we would help these two to get together…”
 
“You mean force…”
 
“And I was forced into this…”
 
“Silence, and let me continue. I, being Tetra/Zelda's goddess…”
 
“Don't /. They're the same person…”
 
“Farore shut that large gob o' yours!”
 
“…An hour in the realm of the mortals and that young boy's speech has tainted your posh goddess one…”
 
“Any how, before I was RUDELY…”
 
“Humph…”
 
“…Interrupted I was getting onto the fact…y'know what, for the sake of myself getting interrupted again, we have to get Tetra and Link together, right? Got it? Good.”
 
“Nayru…” Flora actually shut up when the normally good natured goddess shot her a death glare, which read `I'll magic your ass if you say anything else.' Dianne shrugged and began humming, before she felt a tap on her shoulder. Startled, she whirled around; she met the kindly smiling and aged face of a woman.
 
“Ohayo this fine day. Are you Aryll-chan and Link's new friends? Oh how glad I am to meet you…oh! Tetra-chan is here too…but she is unconscious on the ground? With Link, Aryll-chan and Darius! Oh my! What happened..?”
 
Dianne mentally rolled her eyes, glancing to Nami, eyes narrowed in concentration.
 
+Nayru, let them get up now+ The goddess of wisdom was telepathically told by the goddess of power. Nami blinked, before realisation hit her and she grinned back, saluting while an agitated Flora tried to calm down Aryll and Link's grandmother.
 
+Can do+ She responded, closing her eyes and letting a frown cross her face. With a sudden jolt, Tetra shot up, rubbing her eyes frantically. Slowly, the others too got up, mimicking the pirate captain's moves but in a much slower pace. Link sluggishly surveyed the area, before his eyes landed on his beaming grandmother, who Aryll was already greeting.
 
He stood up smiling, leaving a confused Tetra and Darius to ponder, to walk briskly over to her. When she saw Link, she smiled wearily at him and placed a hand on her heart. “Oh, dear kami…you all gave me quite a scare down on the ground like that.”
 
Registering in her mind who it was, Tetra stood up, dusted herself down and made her way to join Link's side, one hand on her hip in a casual way, an expectant look on her face. Grandmother smiled at her sweetly. “Ah and I see we meet again Tetra-chan.”
 
“Yeah, I suppose we do.” She replied good-naturedly, before her attention shifted to the trio of goddesses. They all gulped, fearing she might remember… “Hey, this is Link's grandmother, ya said ohayo yet?”
 
They all blinked, before Dianne smiled at Grandmother.
 
“Ohayo! Hai, it is a great day!”
 
“Ohayo to you Mrs. Grandmother! My name is Nami!”
 
“Yeah, ohayo…names Flora, for some reason…”
 
Grandmother blinked confusedly at Flora, before regaining her usual expression and taking time to study them all and divert their attention from her studying by wearing a sweet smile, but this diversion did not divert any of them…not even the hapless Nami, who was `awwing' over the fact Link and Tetra were exchanging secret smiles.
 
“Y'know, it's a warm day an' all. We got anything planned?” Darius asked, crouching down and picking up a small twig. Aryll looked blank, before shrugging, as Darius began to prod a crab which had inconveniently scuttled into his view. As animals were on his brain at the moment, his eye caught the movement of a shadow. He released the stick and surveyed the area, hand shielding his eyes from the sun. When he could not see anything, he sat back, but was greeted by the sensation of something licking his face.
 
After instinctively backing away in repulsion, he met the face of a pig with a dazed expression. He paled and placed his hand to where he was just licked and inwardly shivered. It was that odd and troublesome black pig. It was a wonders why that woman hadn't eaten him like she intended to yet… The pig, known as Thunder squealed with happiness and ran off to greet Aryll and Grandmother.
 
Tetra arched a brow, before sighing and shaking her head. She tapped Link on the shoulder and he stiffened, before whirling around to face her, bemused expression in place. Her other brow rose at this, but she merely glowered at him through drooped eye lids.
 
“Don't gimme that look Link. You know very well we should try and fix my boat.”
 
The green clad boy smiled back nervously and sweetly, scratching the back of his head in his usual manner.
 
“Ah…you mean the one that's floating away now…”
 
“Wha..?”
 
The pirate captain swivelled around, eyes wide as she could only watch the disappearing figure of her boat. One of her pirates, Niko, gulped and slowly approached her; silently grateful for her shocked silence, but it was the calm before the storm alright. “What on earth is this about?” She queried, never taking her eyes off the nearly vanished vessel.
 
“Uh well, we left the boat and it kinda…started floating away…”
 
“Wha? Iie, that's…the water…quicksand like…”
 
“We don't know how it did that, but it's like it has a mind of its own…”
 
He was a tad surprised when she remained in the state, not lifting her voice to him or even using it. He knew it would be terribly shocking for her though, as she had lived on this boat all her life. She'd even been born on it. After years of clambering up and down the deck with the enthusiasm as a baby, pale skin tanning, ordering when she matured, the loss of her parents and brother… a lot had happened on the boat…and now it was by its own accord floating away. Of course, ever since Tetra had met Link, she had got a taste of supernatural, but still…
 
“Niko…”
 
“Hai Miss Tetra?”
 
“Why didn't you..?”
 
“Hmm? Nani Miss Tetra?”
 
“…Go after IT!”
 
She snapped, whipping her around to him. Niko cringed outwardly and began blurting out his apologies and the ones of his fearful and hiding crew members, but inwardly he was smiling. She was back to normal. “Bakas, every one of you…” She whispered in failed anger, turning around and glancing at the round.
 
Concerned, Link and Niko exchanged glances. Link appeared in her line of view, kneeling down so he could meet her eyes. His expression was soft and caring, which tugged at her heart strings a bit, but she was too deep in thought to really take notice and admonish herself for being charmed as it were.
 
She screwed up her face and looked away closing her eyes. He smiled sympathetically and stood back up properly, taking her hand. Tetra opened one eye and scanned him at contact in an uninterested manner, though she wondered why her heart had started beating a bit faster. It wasn't like she was running or anything.
 
“I know you're upset Tetra-chan, but, you have to look forward! I mean, I don't know what forces are being so mean..!” A cough from Flora, “But they must have a reason for eh…stranding you here with…me..,” A blush from Link, “and, and…you probably have a lot of memories from that ship and stuff but eh…we can build new memories together..!” An `aww, they are so kawaii!' from Nami, “and…uh, Tetra-chan..?”
 
Tetra had been stating wide eyed, until the interest had faded from her eyes and her eye lids slowly drooped, a large sweatdrop forming on her face. She was also glowering and did not look pleased. Link smiled anxiously, an expectant and confuzzled (I wuv that word : P) look in place.
 
“Link..,” Tetra began in a sour tone, “that was a very…heart warming little speech, but I doubt people can feel this heart warmingness when they feel the pain of someone stepping on their foot…”
 
Link paled, mouth open and glanced downwards, to confirm the fact that he was indeed stepping on Tetra's foot. He smiled weakly and sweatdropping, removed his foot from hers, scratching the back of his head, apologetic manners hinted in his actions. Feeling her mood lighten from the boy's expression, she allowed her lips to curve up in a small smile, before she patted him on the shoulder. “S'ok kid, but…you're gonna help me build a new boat…”
 
He grinned and saluted at her, while Nami clapped merrily from the kawaiiness. Dianne let out a sigh of relief and eyed Nami curiously.
 
“Nayru, was this your doing? We didn't intend for something of this extremity.”
 
“Tetra would not have stayed. The water controlled was loosening around the mortal vessel, so me and Nayru devised a plan to make her stay. We just left you out in case you screwed it up.”
 
Dianne pouted at Flora's comment, but brightened suddenly.
 
“You mean you came up with a plan to get them together, even though you're apparently against it?”
 
“Well…”
 
“Right, right, try to forget the boat… Hey, what are you lot talking about, you seem suspicious.” Tetra remarked, turning to face the trio.
 
“Ah, no Tetra-chan, we were just discussing matters of…Right I Din will not say anything unless it comes out stupid.”
 
“Boats!”
 
Flora and Dianne glanced exasperatedly towards Nami. Flora sighed, shaking her head while Dianne tried to avoid glowering at the goddess. Tetra blinked, before a dark scowl graced her features. She then turned on her heel and began to walk off towards the water, Link scurrying on after her. With Aryll, Darius and Grandmother looking after the two teenagers concernedly, Dianne growled and swivelled around, meeting eye to eye with Nami.
 
“Nayru, what on earth were you thinking saying something like that after that elaborate scam of yours?” Dianne hissed in a low voice, forehead creasing. The emotion reflecting in Nami's eyes was puzzlement, before an enlightened expression covered her features. She smiled softly and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.
 
“Well, I knew Link would go after her and console…”
 
“Your tongue loosened for a different reason didn't it? You couldn't control the tongue of mortals, ne?”
 
“Hai Farore…”
 
“Now, this situation of our lack of control bodes a fierce problem.” Dianne muttered, glancing to and fro the other two warily. She began pacing, hand cupping her chin, while she was watched by two pairs of eyes intently.
 
Meanwhile, the blonde sighed, resting her chin on her knees, pulled tightly up to her body. She scowled at the clear blue open, where the rays of the sunlight danced upon the pristine waves. The light dimly reflected off eyes, as she closed them, hugging her knees to her body tighter. It was ironic they'd been talking about boats after hers had mysteriously gotten a mind of its own. In fact, a lot of weird stuff had occurred to her since they `tired to fly' and fell out of the sky. To her, the one called Nami seemed extremely familiar…frighteningly familiar, but she could just not place her finger on who she was a reminder of.
 
But, she could sense pretty easily they weren't a threat. Maybe their arrival was just mere coincidence and they had been trying to fly? So, they were a bit nutty, but good.
 
`Hey, hold on a `sec,' Tetra thought to herself, raising her head and biting her thumb, `they sure did fall a long way, yet they're completely unscathed. I can't believe I didn't question it before…I wonder…'
 
“Tetra-chan!” A voice called worriedly, snapping the girl from her musings and making her glance over her shoulder, “You alright?”
 
She blinked in confusion for a moment, before her mind register her voice and she jerked, immediately reaching her feet and dusting herself down. Still alarmed and eyes wide, she found the green clad boy standing only a few metres away, a reassured smile upon his face when she turned to see him.
 
She smiled back hesitantly, unsure to do in these types of situations. `No ones ever come after me and caught me musing…What on earth can I do?'
 
The simple answer was a lazy grin from the elven boy and the outstretching of a hand. Tetra gazed at it, unsure, before she grinned back in her usual way and grasped it, letting the beaming Link take her back by the hand.
 
His brows furrowed slightly as he walked, blonde hair being tousled by the wind but suppressed and captivated by his hat. He was curious as to discover what force had something against Tetra. This could not have just merely been fate. Grunting under his breath and earning a brow rise from the other blonde, he grabbed the front of his hat and pulled it down. There was something amiss and he was sure going to find it. What if it had something to do with those mysterious three..?
 
“Y'know, I have a bad inkling,” Darius informed Aryll, looking upwards at the sky where white puffs of cotton lolled about casually, “a really bad one y'know…an' I don't usually have `em…”
 
She gazed thoughtfully at her friend, before shrugging and joining him in his sky gazing. They remained in a harsh silence, before Darius smirked melancholy at her. “My bad inklings are always right, ya know…”
 
The nine year old frowned a bit, before lowered her gaze to the ground.
 
“Hai. That's been proved a lot…”
Tsuzuku
A/N: School's just started and I haven't been able to write : ( I've got some maths homework (Already : ( It sucks…) from my year eight maths teacher and I have to go do it now : ( Which explains the shortness of this chapter. Next chapter will be longer than the first though to make up for it : ) I always dedicate my stories to those who review : ) Wow, I did a lot of smileys this time : D Read and Review Please : D
 
See ya next chappie ^ ^