Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zelda... but I do own this story... mine!
AN: AH! My notebook is such a mess! I write my story's in a notebook first and then type them (I have to write this because, it surprised me to learn, some people just type there story's. I don't get it and I
can't do it. My stories are never as good the first time around.), and I keep stopping in the middle of chapters to write my other stories, or some one-shot... My OCD can't handle the unorganizedness!!! Oh this chapter will be incredibly long... unless I split it in half.






The temple was incredibly difficult.
Never had they had to solve so many puzzles, and fight of so many enemies. Even Shadows knowledge of the dungeon was of little help. After hours of fighting and figuring, they collapsed in an empty room.

"I
can't believe this is the first dungeon..." red complained weakly. He was tired, and his whole body ached. He wanted nothing more than to soak in a large tub of water. The thought made him sigh. "This Malachi must be more cleaver than Ganondorf and Gufuu put together..."

Unlike the others Spirit was not tiered. If anything he was even more alert and didn't acknowledge their fatigue at all. "We shouldn't be resting until we return light to this land.
Especially not here..." he glanced around the dark room with a look of disgust.

Wearily Green started a fire with his lantern and some
sticks (1). "We defeated all the monsters in here, so this is as good a place as any to rest and regain our strength."  He looked up at his light counterpart, annoyed by his up tight attitude.

"Besides..." Shadow grumbled. "We're trying to get rid of the evil, not the dark. I was born in the dark, there's nothing wrong with it."

"You would say so, wouldn't you?" He said coldly, giving the shadow the same look he gave the room.

Shadow felt his blood boil, as he rose hotly to his feet. Not only did this guy rub him the wrong way, he was also a jerk. "And what the hell is that suppose to mean!?"

His responding glare was icy. "Evil and stupid... hm."(2
)

Vio sprung up fast. "Shut the hell up! Shadow isn't evil and he isn't stupid!"

Spirit looked at him with a look that closely resembled pity. "Don't let him trick you. He's a shadow. They are dark and evil. They always have been and always will be. They
can't change. And if I had it my way beings like him would not even exist."

All six Links were on their feet now. Green, Blue and Red were trying their best to keep Vio and Shadow from beating the, clearly misguided light being, half to death. "Clam down!" Green yelled at them. "We need him!"

Vio pulled back furiously. "Didn't you hear what he said about Shadow!? He deserves every thing
that's coming to him!!!"

"I couldn't agree more." Blue said almost calmly. "I would like nothing more than to punch his face in." Spirit glared at this comment. "But like Green said, we need him."

Green nodded thankfully. "Come on Vio.
You're usually the cool headed one, but right now Blues thinking far straighter than you. And Shadow I'm surprised at you. Getting so worked up over a couple of word honestly!" (3)

Weather because of the insults, the truthfulness, of both, they didn't know, but the two calmed down quickly, and looked down ashamed. Vio was the first the return to sitting next to the fire. "He still should not have said those things about Shadow."

"No he should not have." Green said turning disappointed to Spirit. "I thought you would be above something like this. Apologize to Shadow right now."

For a moment he looked taken back, then masked it with hard eyes and a set jaw. "I apologize." then he turned around and stomped over to the other side of the room.

"What an asshole..." Blue muttered to himself. "...and I thought I was the mean one."

"I'm sorry you had to hear that Shadow." Green said.

The tree sat back down. With out that adrenaline, they quickly remembered why they were resting in the first place. "Its not you fault Green, you don't need to apologize." Shadow said, then looked at Vio grinning. "And thanks for getting pissed with me."

Amused he smiled in return. "Hey... any time."

Red glanced in the direction Spirit had left. His glow was really dim from being so far away. It was a big room. Blue and Green began a discussion on what the rest of the dungeon would be like. Red glanced over again. Vio and Shadow started talking about the challenges to come in the next dungeons.
Red glanced over again, and despite himself, jumped to his feet. "Ohhhh!" he ran off.

Completely and utterly confused (not that the emotion is new to him) Blue blinked. "What the hell was that about?"

Shadow grinned. "Reds such a nice guy. Even thought Spirits an ass, he still wants to make sure he's ok."

............................................................. .......

"Um... Spirit?" Red asked timidly, approaching the glowing figure slowly. "Are you ok?"

Obviously not pleased with the unwanted company, Spirit refused to look at him. "I'm fine." his words were cold and hard.

Not easily scared off, thanks to Blue, Red sat next to him and started doodling in the dirt with a stick. "You want to tell me why you don't like Shadow so much?" as expected he got no answer. "He's not that bad once you get to know him." he paused for a moment. "He used to be scary... if you had asked me then if I thought he was evil, I would have answered yes." Spirit looked at him intrigued. "But he doesn't want to be like that, he doesn't want to be evil. He may be a shadow but he's our shadow. He's a good guy."

Spirit didn't look convinced. "Evil is tricky. I... I've seen what it can do. People, animals... even the land gets infected. I hate it.
It's so Un-pure... cold... dark..." he seemed to glow brighter with anger. "Darkness is evil. Shadows are created by the darkness inside a person. That's all they are... darkness."

The thought made Red shiver, and he rubbed his arms. "I think
you're wrong. Darkness is where the light can't easily reach. The light can't reach the shadows. And shadows are cold because they are lonely, and sad that they can't play with the light." He smiled at Spirits surprised expression. "Well think about it this way. A new born baby casts a shadow. Do you think that child is evil? Or that a flower or a tree is?"

Spirit almost snapped at him, for mocking him, till he realized Red was being serious and curios as to if he really thought that. "I... I-no. I don't believe that a baby has even a touch of evil in it, or any plant... and no, I'll admit that I've never thought about it that way before, but-"

"Please!" Red interrupted urgently. "Couldn't you just give him a chance? Try and be civil with him?" his voice softened to a whisper. "I hate it when people fight... and were a team. We should all get along, right?"

The plea startled Spirit, and he had to agree. "Your right. I'll give him a chance." He looked at the shorter boy for a moment. "Your really nice... warm..." (4
)

Red blushed slightly. "Thank you." he stood up, and offered his hand to the other. "Let's go back to the others."

Hesitantly Spirit took his hand and they returned to the group.

........................................................... .....

The rest of the dungeon, up to the boss, went decently well. Thought Shadow and Spirit weren't getting along any better than before, Spirit had refrained from any shadow hate comments, and Shadow didn't try to cut him in half, so it was going well.

With a loud click, the large, over dramatic brass lock slid from the chain it was holding in place and clattered uselessly to the ground. "This is it..." Green muttered. "Every one ready?"

"As ready as we'll ever be." Blue said, as Green pushed open the door.

Inside was pitch black except for Spirits soft glow. The door slammed shut behind them, as usual sealing off their only exit. Shadow was the first to step forward. Suddenly a small light shone directly down on a large gray ball. The light was enough for them to notice their surroundings, and more importantly the ceiling. Shadow paled. Every inch of the ceiling was covered in lights. One by one they started to flicker on. Vio gasped, realizing the danger Shadow was in. "Shadow get out of here."

Half frozen with panic, as the lights began turning on faster, he closed his eyes tightly.
"I-I can't..." there was no doors, or windows for him to escape threw, and the wall between the Light and Dark world was too thick there for him to get by. He was trapped.

"Shadow!" The other four yelled, completely unaware as to how they could save their friend. The lights flashed on, faster and faster, until it finally stopped (and Shadow disappeared in puff of smoke), and all the light except the one directly over Shadow where lit, because that light had burned out (Haha. Honestly! Did you really think I would do that to Shadow?). They all sighed with relief.

"Man, I'm lucky." Shadow whispered. He didn't bother mentioning the fact that he couldn't move ever an inch, unless he wanted to be a light-cooked-Shadow-kebob. "See? I'm fine. So ya'll better turn your attention to the boss. I'm not going to be able to help much."

Agreed they all drew their swords and stepped towards the ball, waiting for it to attack... but it didn't stir. Green held out his hand motioning for them to stay back. "I'll go. No point in all of us getting closer than we need to be."

"Be careful." Red said. He was never a big fan of those type of plans.

Green nodded seriously, and continued to approach the ball. As he stepped closer, he noticed that his foot steps seemed to cause ripples in the gray object. Curious he drew even closer to it. 'Maybe this isn't the boss... and just another puzzle...' he thought. When he was only a foot away, he paused then tentatively he reached out and touched it. His hand slid over the smooth glass-like surface, marveling at how solid it was. Had he imagined the rippling? Quickly he rapped his knuckles against it, and it made a dull echoed sound. 'Is it
hallow?' still perplexed he lifted his sword and lightly tapped the blade against it...

And it roared! Sending him flying backwards four feet, to land on his back in a daze. What ever this thing was he sure got it pissed! It rolled back, molding itself like clay. Legs, arms and a head formed, changing it in to a giant gray monster. "So..." Blue asked preparing his sword. "...any idea how to kill it?"

"Not one." Vio answered. "I say we hit it till something works."

Blue grinned eagerly. "Cool. Sounds like my kind of plan." He charged head first. He ran past Green, who was just picking himself up, and swung his sword at it. But the weapon clanged off it uselessly. "Ok... that didn't work."

"
Let's try this!" Red pulled out his fire rod and blasted it.  However the monster didn't even seem affected, as it absorbed the attack, and sent it back at Spirit. Thinking quickly he pulled out a hook shot, and latched on to one of the lights and pulled himself out of the way (5). "Sorry!" Red yelled, putting the rod away before it could do any real damage.

"You think it absorbs all attacks?" Vio wondered out loud.

Shadow tossed a bomb at it, but it swallowed it and sent it back at
an unsuspecting Red who barely managed to dodge. "Maybe..."

"My hammer might work." Blue said pulling out the
hammer (6). Upon seeing the new weapon, the blob returned to its original form, and started rolling around in an attempt to flatten them. "Hey! Hold still!"

"Vio!" Green yelled rolling out of the way. "Try your bow and arrows!"

For some reason that didn't sound like a good idea. "I don't think I should..."

"You've gotta try!"

Blue was still chasing it. "Hold still dammit!"

Hesitantly Vio drew back an arrow and released it, sending it directly into the rampaging ball. For half a second, nothing happened, then the arrow came flying out, heading towards the most vulnerable person: Shadow. He couldn't move out of the dark! And he had no defensive items! The arrow struck. Plunging directly threw the heart... Shadows eyes widened as blood splattered on the ground. "Oh goddesses..." he whispered. "...Vio!"
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I killed Vio! I killed Vio! I killed- wait a second! Ahhh! I killed Vio! What is wrong with me!? And yes for all those wondering, the arrow hit Vio instead of Shadow.

(1) Its a forest temple or something, maybe they brought the sticks with them.

(2) His real thoughts are finally coming out.

(3) I made up a rhyme Red is singing in the back ground: "Sticks and stones
can't break you bones, so I know no words can hurt you!" ..............yeah........... Shut up, I'm tiered.

(4) Yaoi note: Ooooooh, does Blue have a rival for Red?

(5) All the other Links have a weapon
that's not their swords... I gave him the hook shot because it's a flying type one... Ya know... Spirit, light, flying... and those lights must be really strong to hold a person. I wonder where they shop... Malo Mart?

(6) This is how they're
supposed to beat it. Hit it with a hammer... but just wait...

Spirit is a real ass in this chapter. Even I don't like him right now.... but he will get better... or worse...
it's a surprised... What do YOU want? Of the few people who actually bother to both read my author notes and comment! Tell me what you want and it way influences my decision... Thank you!

Comment!