Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the legend of Zelda.
AN: Wow! I'm in pain! My carpel tunnel (which I didn't even know you could get at fifteen) is acting up, and my fingers are cramping! Ow! ^_^ You may ask why I'm so happy about this, or why I don't just stop writing, and I will answer both with one word: Sleep. I haven't slept a wink tonight, and where most people get cranky, I go nuts! So this pain astounds me >u<!!!! And I'm not going to stop writing because my insomnia keeps me from sleeping, and I (1) don't want to read (2) don't want to draw (3) cant watch TV, I'm going to spend my night writing away!






The dungeon room became dead silent. Vio clutched his chest where the arrow still struck out. "That... hurt... worse than... I thought it... would..." He stumbled back into Shadow.

Falling to his knees, Shadow made sure that the arrow coming out of the purple swords mans back didn't touch the ground (because that type of movement to the arrow would make it hurt a lot worse) by laying Vio's head on his lap. "Vio... you idiot..." he choked out, eyes watering. "Why... why would you do something like that?"

"Don't... don't cry Shadow... that's what friend's do... I didn't want to see you get hur-" (1) he started coughing violently.

"Vio... oh goddesses Vio! Don't die! Please don't die!" Shadow begged. "Come on! We need you!"

The other Links (minus Spirit) gathered around them quickly, stumbling over their agreements, and their own plea's. He couldn't just leave them like that! "This is all my fault." Green realized horrified. "Vio! I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have made you shoot that arrow! You were right!
You're always right! Don't leave! Please! We need you! We need you to be right for us! T-To tell us when were being stupid!" (2)

Vio chuckled. "
You're... being stupid now..." he coughed, his breath becoming more laborious as he continued to loose blood. "It's... not your fault..."

Red was in tears. "There's got to be something we can do!"

Spirit looked away. He didn't know them that well, but he didn't want to see any of them die... except Shadow. "With a wound like that... you
can't leave the arrow in, but if you remove it..." (3)

"Hmm..." Vio murmured, letting his eyes close. "Spirits smart... maybe... maybe the goddesses knew... this would happen... may... maybe its fate... he's my... replacement..."

"No!" Shadow yelled. "Don't say that! Open your eyes! Please!"

"...
So... tiered..."

"No! Wait! Don't give up!"

"Don't worry... you'll... see me again... eventually..." Then he died.

"Vio! No! Please no!" Shadow cried.

Green turned away, pressing his palms against his eyes, trying with all his might to keep the tears from falling. "Goddesses!
It's not fair! It's all my fault!" He smashed his fist against the stone floor hard enough to break his knuckles.

Blue did the same, but repeatedly till his fist was bleeding. Red stopped him, then sobbed against his chest. "Why did he have to die!?
It's not his time yet! It can't be! Why did they take him away!?" Blue, for once, didn't push him away. Tears streamed down his face as he silently agreed.

Shadow cried himself hoarse, screaming out for the closest and dearest friend he'd ever had, and cursing what ever it was that had taken him away (4). "Vio..." he moaned "...please come back..."

The gray ball of evil had evidently decided it had waited long enough. Rolling itself back into a ball, and bowled towards them at full speed. Spirit scowled. "I hate to interrupt your mourning but it appears our opponent still wants to fight."

Blue stood up, drying his eyes on his sleeve. "I'll take care of him."

"No..." Shadow hissed, carefully laying Vio on the ground and standing up. "I'll get rid of it." a strange new power pulsed threw him, and in his rage he knew how to control it. Shadows sprung from the dark spot, where he stood, and slid across the well lit ground (5), and up the wall. The lights on the ceiling shattered as soon as the shadows touched them. Amazingly fast the
room was almost completely dark. When the gray ball rolled into the dark it was seized by the shadows. It roared in fear as the shadows climbed it. It tried to pull away, changing its shape, and pulling away, but the shadows pulled it back down, forcing it into its round shape. The shadows surrounded it, and compacted, crushing it till it was half its size (6). Then, as the shadows disappeared, Shadow fell back to the ground. All that was left was a large pile of gray rubble.

The Links looked at him in shock. "How did you...?" Green managed.

Shadow shook him head angrily. "I don't know... either way
it's to late."

Red wanted to comfort him... but knew Shadow could only want one person right now. He wiped away his tears, trying to be strong, but they just came back harder. Then he saw something that made his heart clench. 'Oh goddesses.' he thought. 'Please, please, please.' he ran towards it.

Having gotten revenge, Shadow looked back at the fallen hero, and felt sorrow over take him again. 'It should have been me... why did he have to go and throw his life away for mine!? I should have been hit!'

Red ran back to them. "Spirit! W-Would this work!?" he held up a small glass bottle. Floating around inside was a shiny little fairy. "Can this bring him back!? They heal injury!"

"I... don't know." The light being admitted. "No ones ever used them on the dead before..." (7)
He looked down. "... and it might be to late..."

"But it could work right!?" Red pleaded.

"Shadow." Green said suddenly. "Pull out the arrow. Red, come here. We're going to try it."

Carefully, as though afraid it would hurt him, Shadow pulled the arrow out of Vio's chest. With a nod from Green, Red uncorked the bottle, and shook it out over Vio's body. Everyone jerked back, getting far enough away that the fairy knew not to heal one of them instead. The fairy circled three times, then vanished. Green grabbed Vio's wrist, feeling around for a pulse. "...goddesses...I don't...its not..." Shadow felt his heart plummet again. I hadn't worked... "Ah!" Green gasped. "I felt it!"

Shadow grabbed Vio's other wrist. Yes! A shallow pulse! He looked up. "Thank Nayru... and Din, and Faror. I swear I didn't mean what I said earlier." he examined Vio, for a second. The other were rejoicing, absentmindedly. "He's still bleeding..." Shadow realized. "Guys he's still bleeding! The fairy must not have had enough power to heal him completely! He'll bleed to death... again!"

Green took over. "Some one find us a way out! Ok, we need to stop the bleeding. Errr! Give me your hat!" he snatched it off his head before Shadow could even register the order. Green pulled off his own hat and tied them together, then wrapped them around Vio's chest. "This will have to work for now."

"I found the way out!" Red yelled, holding a dirt brown pearl (windwaker goddesses pearl size).

Blue was hesitant. "What... is it?"

"I'll explain later." he argued. "We need to get him out of here."

The pearl shaped thing opened and wind flew out of it, swirling around them. When it stopped, they were outside. Epona snorted at their sudden
appearance (8). "Fine. Tell us later." Green said. "There's a town over there. I'll take Vio on Epona and meet you there."

Normally there would be a fight, but not this time. "I'll be waiting there." Shadow said. "
It's faster to get around in the Dark World."

Green nodded, got Vio onto Epona, with the help of the others, then mounted himself. "All right." He took off.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I... still haven't slept... but that was fun to write. Jeez... I got so many notes...

(1) First I want to point out, that in a similar situation, I would put my self between a friend, and
an arrow, or a bullet, or what ever. I would do it any day, and I would react the same way that Shadow had in this situation. If you are a yaoi fan and want to say the reaction's are love related then be my guest. If you're not a fan, then view it as really close friendship.

(2) Even I don't understand why the gray ball is just... watching them. If I were a gray ball of evil, I would be attacking them when their guards were down. But...
that's just me.

(3) Its true. The arrow, left in will cause him to die of blood loss. But if the arrow is removed, it could end up freeing something, the arrow was holding in place. Like what happened to the Crocodile Hunter.

(4) He means what ever took Vio's soul (like the goddesses), not what killed him, because he knows what killed him.

(5) I love this power, how ever it will only work (for the time being) when he is in a
complete rage.

(6) Naruto reference:
It's kind of like Shikamaru's shadow choking jutsu thing, and Garaa's sand coffin, mixed together. If you've never seen Naruto, then you have no idea what I'm talking about.

(7) I know in the game you use them after you die, but think about it. Who would die, when they have something like a fairy in you pocket? Why would you let yourself be killed, especially if you didn't know if they could bring you back?

(8) Yes. Epona came with them. They couldn't leave her alone at the ranch, could they? Besides... she's awesome!

Questions, comments or concerns? Yes, no, maybe so. Please comment. I need comments! NEED COMMENTS!!!!
But now... *yawn* I am going to sleep! Good morning...