Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter six 1/2 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Zelda is not mine.
AN: This takes place between chapters six and seven. This is yaoi. IF YOU DON'T LIKE BOYXBOY LOVE, THAN FOR THE LOVE OF NAYRU DON'T READ THIS! For those or you who are reading this story but don't like yaoi, this takes place behind the scenes, so you don't need to read this to understand the rest of this story.




Green hurried Epona to the small village of Ordon. She seemed to sense his urgency, and maintained she fastest speed, with out him needing to persuade her onward. They reached the village in record time. It was as dark and creepy as the rest of Hyrule. Green glanced at the still
unconscious Vio, before looking around for a suitable house, to stay at. "Green! Over here!" Shadow yelled from in front of a house, across the like stream that ran threw the village (Bo's house).

Green trotted Epona over to him. "I guess you can travel faster in the Dark World." Green said, trying half-heatedly to lighten the mood. "Were going to need bandages, and some kind of disinfectant."

"I all ready have it in the room upstairs." Shadow said worriedly.

"Much faster." Green muttered as they carried Vio inside and laid him on the bed upstairs. "We have to clean this wound first. Shadow, get his tunic off, while I go get some water." He ran off, not waiting for a response.

The order made Shadow blush, but he slowly reached over and undid the injured
boy's belt. His blush darkened when he managed to pull off Vio's tunic and under shirt. The wound wasn't bleeding to bad anymore, but the sight of it made Shadows heart clench. 'Why did he have to do that? This is all my fault. If I wasn't just a stupid shadow this never would have happened...'

The stairs creaked as Green returned with a bucket of water and some wash clothes. "Sorry I took so long. He's looking better at least."

Shadow looked at the bucket ashamed. "I should have gotten that earlier... I'm so worried I
can't even think straight."

Green smiled, and patted his back understandingly. "
It's ok. Were all worried about him." He held out the stuff. "You want to clean that cut, while I go look out for the guys?"

Shadow nodded before Green went back downstairs. Gently he dipped one of the washcloths into the water, and began cleaning the wound. Vio hissed softly in his sleep.

.............................................

"The ir here!" Green yelled.

Shadow looked at the top of the stairs, from the chair he was sitting in. He hadn't moved since he'd finished bandaging Vio's chest. "All right!" He yelled back, not particularly caring.

Seconds later, Red and Blue burst in to the room at full speed. "How is he?" They asked in unison. "Has he woken up?"

Shadow shook his head. "Not yet..."

Red sniffed. "How long till he wakes do you think?"

Shadow didn't answer. Blue huffed. "He'll be up soon." He thumped Red on the back. "You know Vio."

Red smiled and nodded eagerly. "Your right." Then he noticed the bloody, ripped clothes and picked them up. "I'll go take care of these."

.....................................................

"Is he any better?" Spirit asked Green when the other two had run upstairs.

Green frowned, as he looked threw the cabinets, to see what they had at their disposal. "He looks so, but he's yet to wake up..." he pushed down the feeling of sorrow that came over him.

With lack of emotion, Spirit nodded, and leaned against the nearest wall.
"I take it we are going to be here longer that we should be."

"
So your not even going to go see him!?" Green snapped his hands on his hips. He honestly couldn't see how Spirit could be such a jerk. 'He can't be a part of me!'

Spirit looked bored as he replied. "You've all ready informed me that he is not awake." He gazed out the door. "I have no reason, or desire to go observe an
unconscious person, no matter who they are. I will simply wait until we can proceed with our mission."

Green was flabbergasted. "
You're... You're unbelievable...I-I can't listen to this... go..." Red ran out side with a pile of clothes. "...Go help Red." Spirit obeyed quietly.

................................................

Red looked up as Spirit approached him. He was sitting at the edge of the stream, trying to scrub the clothes clean. "Hey! Do you come to help?" He received a nod. "Great! With two of us, we can get this done a lot faster! Team work!" He smiled.

Spirit almost smiled back, but restrained himself. "
You're a very optimistic person." he pointed out taking a shirt, and working it under the water. "It's unusual..."

He laughed. "I'm going to take that as a complement."

"You should." he mumbled, looking away. After a while Spirit finished cleaning the shirt, and handed it to Red, who immediately began sewing it. They were done in under an hour. "
You're quite good at that." Spirit commented, nodding down at the mended cloth. "The stitches are barely noticeable."

The complement made Red beam with pride. Before he could reply how ever Blue came out of the house. "Hey Red! Green wants your help making lunch!"

Red pouted. "I've got to hang these up first!"

"Let Spirit take care of it!" Red
huffed at the idea, but Spirit assured him that it would be fine, and sent him inside. Blue stomped over to him, as he started to hang stuff on an empty clothes line. "I could hear you from inside." he hissed. “`Oh Red your so good at that.' You've got a crush on him don't you?"

Spirit didn't bother looking at him. "To be honest,
you're exaggerating. And I told him nothing short of the truth."

That struck Blue as a challenge. "I'm not stupid you know! Red's to good for you so stay away. He's not interested in you, and you
can't change that."

"I'm curious to know why
you're concerned about my spending time with him."

Blue flushed. "None of your business! Just leave him alone!"

Those blue calculating pupil-less eyes observed him eerily for a moment, before falling into
an almost smug expression. "I see... you consider me a threat to your possibility to winning his affection. Well I can guaranty..." he hung up the last piece of clothing, then turned towards the house. "... I am." He left Blue dumbfounded.

..................................................

"Hey Shadow,
its lunch time." Red said, appearing at the top of the stairs. "You want me to bring up a bowl?"

The shadow shook his head. "I'm... not hungry right now..."

Red frowned. "But this is the first decent meal we've had in four days."

"Not right now."

"...alright..."

................................... .............

(1)"We're going to check out the rest of the town now." Green said. "We'll be back soon."

"Ok." Shadow said. After a moment he heard the front door open and close. Shadow move his chair closer to the bed, and brushed a stray hair behind Vio's ear. "I wish you would wake up..." he whispered, then sighed. "I'm going to have to change your bandages soon..." he moved his hand to the
unconscious boy's chest.

Vio stirred. Then his eyes opened. With a gasp, Shadow leaned over him. Still a little dazed, Vio looked back at him. "Well..." he smirked. "...I guess I did make it to heaven."

"Vio!" Shadow yelled, hugging him tightly.

"Ow! Pain! Guess I'm still alive."

Alarmed, Shadow pulled away. "Oh goddesses! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Vio tried to sit up but Shadow wouldn't let him. "Don't apologies.
Its fine, don't wor-"

"No." Shadow interrupted. "I need to apologies. I was so stupid and useless-"

"Sha-"

"-you almost died because of me!"

Vio sat up quickly ignoring the pain. "Don't say that! Nothing that happened was your fault!"

Shadow stood up so fast he knocked over the chair. "Yes it is!
It's all my fault!"

"It was my choice!"

"That you made because I was stupid! If I wasn't just a stupid worthless shadow, I could have dodged that attack, and you wouldn't have-"

Vio grabbed his arm, and yanked him down on to the bed. Shadow blushed as he was pulled into a tight embrace. "Don't say that!
You're not stupid, and you're not worthless!"

"You should have just let it hit me..." he whispered. Being held so protectively, by his secret crush was really dampening his anger. "If you'd died Vio-" he held back tear's that threatened to spill again. "Goddesses! I'm not worth it!"

Vio grabbed his chin, and forced him to look at him. "
You're worth everything to me Shadow. I jumped in front of that arrow, and I would gladly do it again, and again, because I can't stand the thought of losing you." Shadow opened his mouth to protest, but before he could, Vio pressed there lips together.

To say this action surprised Shadow would be an understatement. Shadow found himself completely paralyzed as Vio's soft lips worked against his, hoping for a response. When he didn't receive one, he pulled back, then looked away. "I... I'm sorry."

They sat in silence for a moment as Shadow tried to regain control over his body and voice. A deep red blush came to his cheeks as he did, and he slowly touched his lips. "W-Why..." the question was barely audible.

But Vio heard it and flinched, thinking that Shadow was disgusted with him. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have done that..."

"I... don't mind." Shadow whispered, causing Vio to look at him. "You can... do it anytime."

With a look of pure relief, Vio kissed him again. "I look forward to it."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Oh my god! That has to be the corniest scene I have ever written! ...ok... I've written worse.

(1) Notice that
it's very jumpy? Sorry about that. I was only going to do the part where Vio woke up, but this is the first yaoi chapter so I figured that I had to touch upon the others as well.

Comment!