Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter seven ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zelda.
AN: I'm using geography from different games… and some places twice… and some places that don't exist… just go with it.


The Links had settled down in a small town called Ordon, until Vio got better. Vio had yet to wake up, when Red, Blue and Spirit had cough ten up, so they and Green had decided to explore the town, while Shadow watched over the injured boy. “This place is like a ghost town…” Blue muttered.

The others nodded. Every building was deserted. Not a soul around. And two dozen goats running around the fields, by a ranch up the hill. “I wonder why Malachi took every one away…” Red muttered, then pulled the pearl-shaped thing out of his pocket.

“To mess with us.” Green said. “Now tell us what that thing is, and how you knew it could help us.” In all the rushing around they'd forgotten it.

“Well…” he said slowly. “It's the… boss.” As he said so, the brown pearl opened two black oval eyes.

Blue drew his sword, and the others stepped back defensively. “Red! Put that down! It killed Vio! It's evil!”

“No its not!” He argued, now pulling out a strange black object with red-orange patterns on it (it looks like a spork. The world's coolest Spork.). “It was being controlled by this.”

Before any one could say anything, Spirit grabbed it. “This is it.” He said. “This is what was preventing my powers from working.” He broke it easily. “Much better.”

The brown thing purred happily, and Red smiled. “Isn't it cute? Can we keep it?”

Blue rolled his eyes, and Green sighed. “I'll think about it.” He turned to Spirit. “You should bring back the light, but we have to warn Shadow first.”

Spirit agreed thought reluctantly. He didn't mind the thought of Shadow being caught by surprise when the sun came out. They returned to the house they were staying at (Bo's house). “Shadow!” Red called up the stairs, as they walked in.

The stairs creaked, as Shadow came down. “Hey ya'll. I was just coming to get you. Vio's up.”

With a gasp, they ran up. Vio, who was, of course, reading, looked up as they came in. “Hey… did I miss anything?”

Red burst in to tears, and jumped on the bed, hugging him tightly. “Oh goddesses! Were so happy you're alive!!!”

“Ah!” Vio yelled. “Broken ribs! Broken ribs!”

He let go. “Sorry.”

Green sat on the edge of the bed. “You sure scared us Vio.”

“Yeah I know.” He said with a sigh. “Shadow all ready yelled at me. I was stupid, I wasn't thinking, so on and so forth.”

“I didn't say it exactly like that…” Shadow muttered.

“Well, I'd rather not repeat your exact words in front of impressionable people.” He said smugly.

The brown thing in Red was holding, hopped out of Red's arms onto the bed. Shadow sprung to his feet, instantly recognizing it. “Wait!” Red yelled. “It's good I swear!”

The brown thing nodded then changed its shape till it spelled out the word: sorry. Vio blinked. “It's not evil?” he confirmed.

“It was being controlled. “Red explained.

“Then… apology accepted.” He said. The thing changed back, and its eyes curved upward happily.

Spirit watched impatiently as they explained to Vio everything that he'd missed. He wanted to return the light, not tell stories. “How long do we plan to wait here?” he asked coldly.

Green glared at him, annoyed at being interrupted. “We can't leave until Vio's completely healed. That will take at least a few days. You'd better try your hand at patience.”

“I'll be fine to travel.” Vio argued.

Spirit tensed. “I'm not impatient. We've got a job to do and were not doing it.”

“Don't even think about it.” Shadow snapped at Vio. “You're not getting out of bed for at least a week.”

Green crossed his arms. “Our physical well being is more important than finishing this as fast as possible.”

“But Shadow. I'm fine, really.”

“Bringing the light back to Hyrule is more important than anything.”

“Don't argue with me.”

“We have time.”

“I'm not in pain.”

“Green!”

“Vio!”

“Spirit!”

“Shadow!”(1)

Red and Blue exchanged looks. “Should we be arguing too?”

Green threw his arms in the air. “Ya know what!? Fine! We'll have a vote! Who thinks we should leave?” Vio and Spirit raised their hands. “And who thinks we should stay till Vio's better.” The others raised there hands. “4-2 were staying here.”

“Fine.” Spirit hissed, none to pleased. “At least let me banish the darkness.” He threw a not so pleasant look at Shadow.

Shadow scowled. He wanted to stay and help Vio, but Green had to nod. “Fine. Shadow…”

“I know, I know.” He said, then slipped into the Dark World.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Holy Moly that's short. But there's nothing more to say till the next chapter… this is filler.

(1)That fight was so stupid… I loved it!