Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter eight ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I wish I owned them, but I don't.
AN: I wish more people would comment! More comments would make me happy. Very, very happy. Constructive criticism!!! Any way this chapter takes place three days after the last chapter. Nothing really happened. They kept the brown thing, because it can help them. Its name is Piz.



The sun was just coming up, so there where plenty of places left for Shadow to stand. He was not happy. “I can't believe this! After that big argument and you're going to travel already!”

Green sighed, helping a still injured Vio onto Epona's back. He'd (Green, to clarify) agreed to go, on the condition that Vio didn't walk. “I understand Shadow. I agree. We should stay here longer-“he gave the others a look. “-but Blue's bored, and he and Spirit convinced Red to change his mind. We're out numbered.”

Shadow huffed. “Fine. But I'm still annoyed.” He muttered something about catching up to them later, and slipped in to the Dark World.

Vio sighed care fully, his injury still causing him pain, though he wouldn't admit it. “I'm fine to travel, so long as I don't do too much. You guys can fight any thing we run in to on the way.”

“So where are we headed?” Blue asked.

Vio pulled out his map. “Lake Hylia is near by.”

…………………… ;…………….

“Hey did you guys see that?” Red asked.

It had taken them two days to reach Lake Hylia. As every where else, it was deserted. Blue stretched grumpily. It was dark and raining again, putting them in a depressed mood. “I didn't see anything. But who can see anything like this? Especially with Spirit's glowing problem!” Blue had grown to dislike the light Link very much.

Spirit glared. Red pouted. “Be nice Blue. We all need to get along.” He was getting annoyed by how little everyone was willing to be civil towards Spirit.

Shadow, who was with them thanks to the dark, patted Red's head. “What did you see?” he asked.

“I though I saw something shinny and blue by the water.” He pointed.

“It might have been a fish.” Green said. “Or your eyes playing tricks on you.”

Vio sat up alert. He was still riding Epona, but his wound was healing up nicely. “We should check it out anyway. It could be something important.”

Green nodded. “Blue and I will go. You guys see if you can find some where dry to spend the night. Come on.” Grumbling Blue fallowed.

The shore was slippery with mud. Blue (of course) fell before Green had a chance to warn him. Blue stood up ticked. “I hate the rain! I really do! I hate water!”

Green snickered, the water lapping at his boots. “Weird that your colors blue then huh?”

“Oh shut up!” He snapped, before wading up to his waist in the water to clean off. “At least I don't have to worry about getting more wet.”

“Don't go out to deep!” Green yelled, observing the waters surface.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever.”

The water looked particularly dark. `Well that rules out my fish theory… it could have been some other animal, or a monster though.” He kicked the water lightly, as though hoping it would answer. It rippled, but that was about it. “Perhaps we should head back.” Green said. “I can't find anything here.”

“Yeah. Me neth-“ *Splash!*

Green spun around, to look where Blue had been. He wasn't there. “Shit.” He dove under.

Water filled Blues lungs as he tried to kick away from his attacker. He'd realized a second to late what was happening, when something had wrapped around his ankle, and dragged him into the lake. `This isn't good.' He thought, covering his mouth with his hands, to prevent himself from inhaling more water. `Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit!' Some one grabbed his arm. He opened his eyes to see Green trying to pull him free, then he passed out.

Green realized Blue was unconscious, when his eyes became kind of blank. Mental swearing, he drew his sword, and swung at Blues invisible attacker.

It must have worked, because Blue came loose. With an inward sigh of relief, Green held him, and swam up to the surface. “Blue!” He yelled as soon as he could breathe again. “Blue, wake up! Can you hear me!?” He got no response. “Shit! I'm going to have to use CPR.”

Blue's fist connected with his jaw, almost causing him to loose his grin on the now half-conscience boy. “Don't.” Blue coughed out. “Even. Think. About it.”

He sighed. “A thank you would have been nice.”

“…Thanks. Now can we get out of here before were attacked again?” Green nodded, and helped him swim to shore. “Ya know what's weird dude? I'm thirsty.”

Green laughed. “You can have a drink when we find the others. “He helped Blue to his feet.

“Don't you dare leave!” came an angry shriek. They spun around. Something shot out of the water and talked Green, causing them both to fall down. “You assholes! Where are they!? What did you do with them!?”

It was a young Zora girl, and she looked ready to rip their faces off. Green blinked. “Now, now. Calm down. We haven't taken any one. We're-“

She grabbed the front of his tunic, lifted him slightly, then slammed him back down, causing his head to hit the ground… hard. “Liar! There's been no one around for days! And now you show up! I'm not a guppy!” (1)

Green softened his voice even more in an attempt to calm the crazed girl. “I promise, we're peaceful… so long as you're who you look to be.”

Her eyes narrowed. “What's that suppose to mean?”

“We'll explain later. At the moment how ever, I would appreciate it if you would get off of me. “He grinned. “I'm a little uncomfortable.”

After a moment's hesitation, she got up. “If this is some trick, I will kill you both.”

“Understood.” He said, rising to his feet, and then helping Blue up.”

“Green!” Blue whispered, angrily. “We can't trust her! Remember Malon!?”

“I know that!” he whispered back. “But Blue, if she's a real zora then we can't just leave her all alone like this.”

He glared. “Them what are we suppose to do with her?”

“Well… if she is Malachi, then he probably wants us all together… and unprepared. So we can't bring him to the others with out warning them first.” He thought about it. “All right. I'll stay her, and you run find the others. Explain what happened, they'll think of something.”

“What! No way am I leaving you with that!” he crossed his arms. “Besides I'm not running any where. You go get them.”

“Wha- No! You almost drowned two minutes ago!”

“So? I'm fine. I was just surprise. I'm on my guard now!”

“Blue! Just go!”

“You!”

“Grrrr!”
“Excuse me!” The Zora girl snapped. “Stop whispering! I demand to know what you're talking about!”

Blue turned to her pissed off. “You want to know what we're talking about!? Why don't you go-!”

Green covered his mouth, before he could get them in trouble. “We have some friends that we need to get back to-“

“I'm not letting you out of my sight.” She interrupted firmly.

“…then I guess we have no choice… we'll have to bring you with us.” Green glared at Blue for his stubbornness. “Let's go find them.”

…………………R 30;………………………

“You found what?”

“We found a Zora girl.” Green repeated. “Blue's standing with her outside.”

The others looked at him, then out of the mouth of the cave they'd found. “Are you sure it's a Zora?” Vio asked.

“Not a clue.” He answered. “That's why I left her outside. After she attacked Blue-“

“She attacked Blue!?” Red asked in alarm. “I-Is he all right!? What happened!?”

“He's fine.” Green insisted, and then quickly explained what had happened. They decided to let her come in.

“Hmmm…” she said when she came in. “Are you guy's quintuples or something?”

“No!” four of them yelled in unison. Spirit ignored it and Shadow laughed.

“Are you laughing at me!?” she snapped.

“Nope. Just at them.” He snickered.

Red gasped, pointing to her arm. “You're bleeding!” every one looked at her. He was right. There was a descent sized cut, where Green had hit her with his sword. “Let me bandage that up for you.” He offered with a smile.

She hesitated, then sat down next to him, and let him wrap up her arm. “My name is Ruto.” (2)

“I'm Green. That's Red, Blue, Vio, Shadow, and Spirit.” They were all sitting around the fire now.

More hesitation. “…Nice to meet you…?”

“We're glad to meet anyone.” Red said cheerfully. “We haven't seen any one in quite a while.” Obviously he was not suspicious of her.

“I haven't either…” she whispered sadly. “I was hiding one day, hid and go fish of course-“ they all nodded like that was usual. “-when I came out… every one was gone… I've been patrolling this area in hopes of finding whoever took them.”

“Maybe they were eaten…” Blue grumbled.

Ruto turned green, and Green hit Blue in the arm. “Please ignore him. He's mean to every one.”

He glared “Especially fish that try to kill me!”

She huffed. “Well how was I suppose to know you mean no harm?”

“You can't ask a dead person.” Vio said.

Red finished the bandaging. “There you go, good as new.”

“So…” Ruto begin. “What's going on?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm going to end the chapter here.

(1) A Zora expression for: I wasn't born yesterday.

(2) My sister chose the name, and I couldn't think of a better on. It's not Ruto from OoT.

I really would like more comments. If you like my story, a quick “This is good” or “I like it”
would be nice.