Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter eleven ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I still don't own Zelda.
AN: *sigh…* I miss my muse right now. I wish she didn't live so far away… I haven't seen her in months and I'm running low on any good ideas. Well… here's the next chapter.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Deep in a creepy forest the six Links were walking, with glowing Spirit leading the way. “At least we'll never have to worry about oil…” Blue grumbled. The sky was still black with clouds but at least it was dry. The leafs on the tree's rustled in the eerie howling wind. They walked closer together than normal.
 
“There's a forest up ahead.” Shadow said stretching, not all that bothered by their surroundings. “I didn't see much of it, but it looked pretty empty. It should be simple, especially with all of us.” He looked at Spirit. The light being glared and looked away.
 
Vio, whose chest had healed enough to walk instead of needing to ride, smiled at him. “Your ability to go into the Dark world and scout ahead is really useful.”
 
The others, except Spirit, agreed. “At this rate…” Red begin, holding Epona's reins (1). “…how long do you think it will be till Hyrule is back to normal?”
 
“We've been at this for a while.” Green pointed out. “We should be almost done by now.”
 
They nodded. “But it's imposable to say for sure.” Vio said. “With all the possible detours.” He looked down at his map. “Hmm… plus we're in the lost forest now. Getting lost here would be an inconvenience.”
 
“Is it easy to get lost here?” Red asked.
 
“Incredibly.”
 
He gulped. “We'll be fine.” Green insisted. “With Vio's map skill's, Spirits ability to sense which direction evil is in, and Shadow being able to go into the Dark World, how could we possibly get lost?”
 
After a few more minutes of walking, they came to a clearing with a large tree in the center. The clearing was completely bare of any grass, which was abnormal, because of the amount of rain fall. The tree had a round, door-like opening in the front. “That's the temple.” Shadow said, pointing.
 
Before they could do anything else there was a soft rumbling. “Did you guys hear that?” Green asked, looking around for the source of the sound.
 
“Yeah…” Blue said eagerly, drawing his sword.
 
The ground below them split, and thick, dark-green, vines sprung out. Twisting like snakes, the vines wrapped around Vio's ankle, before he could even think to react, and pulled him down. The ground closed up after him. “Vio!” They yelled in alarm, but didn't have time to do anything else. The ground split in many places around them, vines or roots coming up from each.
 
“What the hell is this!?” Blue yelled, swinging his sword at the plants when they tried to grab him. Red pulled out his fire rod, but wasn't able to use it before two root wrapped around his legs and drew him under. “Dammit!” The blue hero swore, swinging again. “Green, look out!”
 
Green rolled out of the way of another attack, but Shadow wasn't so lucky. A large vine wrapped around his torso from behind, and he was gone too. Spirit dodged a root, as another grabbed Blue by the neck, and dragged him down head first. “Blue!”
 
“We need to-!” Spirit begin, before the root he'd dodged wrapped around his waist. Thinking quickly, he pulled out his hook shot and shot it at a large branch coming off the tree. However the root was to strong for him to escape, and he knew it. “Green! Get inside the temple! Malachi doesn't want us dead, so we should be fine!” the hook shot slipped from his hand as the ground swallowed him up.
 
Eight roots, twice Green's size shot out of the ground and tried to grab him at once. Green lunged between two, and just barely avoided being crushed. `Spirit said to get inside…' he thought, hopping back up. Grabbing the hook shot from where it hung on the tree, he bolted for the door. Three more vines tried to block his way, but they weren't big like the others. He aimed the hook shot at the door, and used it to get over them.
 
Once inside he hesitated long enough to make sure he wasn't being fallowed, then sank to the ground to catch his breath. A soft wave of despair washed over him as he realized the others were gone. It had taken him two years to get used to being alone and now… He shook his head violently, knowing this was no time for such thought. `Spirits right! If Malachi wanted us dead, we'd be dead by now. So all I have to do is find them. They should be here somewhere!' Feeling better Green got to his feet.
 
The beginning room was just an entryway, so he went to the next room. It was a large room with a (what are those things in Twilight Princess? In the desert temple, that makes the floor spin up and down? I can't think of what they're called…) in the center. The strangely lit, wood room went up five stories, with doors on each floor. “Oh boy…” Green whistled, then went to the fist one.
 
………………………&# 8230;……………
 
After an hour and a half of time consuming puzzles, Green finally got to the last door. The bars locking it had lifted the second he completed the last room. He pushed open the door, expecting the boss room, but instead there were nine yellow triangles, taller then him, scattered around the room. On the center of the floor was a triforce design. `Well… this looks… abnormally easy.' He thought, wearily.
 
It took about ten minutes to push all the blocks into the design. When he did a treasure chest appeared on top of it. It was a boss key. `Ok…' he thought, sticking it in his pocket. `Now what? There's no boss room…' a little reluctant he stepped back into the main room. `I must have missed something…' he blinked in thought then gasped. It was right in front of him! On the very top of the pillar in the middle, was a key hole. He hadn't noticed it before, because he'd been on the lower levels.
 
Confident, the blond, stick the key inside. The floor begin to shake, and cracks appeared. Panicked, Green whipped out Spirits hook shot, and fired it at the ceiling, catching on just as the ground gave away. The shattered platform fell into pitch black. Green gulped. `That's a long way down…' He quickly realized that was where he would need to go, both because that had to be the boss's place, and because he couldn't hang on forever. Rolling his eyes he lowered himself as far as the hook shot would allow. Bracing himself, he hit the release.
 
Thanks to the fact that Link falls a lot, Green managed to fall in a way that minimize the pain of the fall… but it still hurt. “Ow…” He struggled to his feet, stretching to ease the pain. The room was pitch black. Something must have closed up when he fell because no light filtered down from above. `I can't see a thing…' he stepped forward.
 
An electric blue light filled the room. Green jumped in surprise. The light can from an almost light-bulb shaped container filled with water. Floating it the water was one of Malachi's evil tools. Vines grew from the water source and covered the room. On one wall, the Links were unconsciously being held up by the plants. Green gasped, relived, and stepped towards them, planning to help them down.
 
The water source's boiled, suddenly. Blue electricity ran threw the vines to the wall, shocking the Links violently. Green stepped back and his friends yelled in pain, and the attack stopped. `Crap! Now what!?' after a moment of thought, he pulled out the boomerang, and threw it. It snapped threw some of the vines but not all. “Guys! Wake up!”
 
Spirit, Shadow, and Vio twitched in response, but didn't walk. Green rolled his eyes and chucked the weapon at Blues head. He woke up angrily. “What the hell! Who's throwing thinks at-!” He looked around, perplexed at being in a place he'd never seen before. “What the fuck?”
 
Green sighed. “Glad that worked.”
 
Blue pulled his arm free from the vines, and punched Vio in the shoulder. “Ow!” he said, waking up, and also looking around. “Well this is interesting…”
 
They quickly woke the others then broke free. “Goddess…” Shadow grumble, rubbing his neck. “…I feel like I've been electrocuted. Why is that?”
 
“The vines are electrical.” Green answered.
 
“Shadow… why do you know what it feels like to be electrocuted?” Red asked, tilting his head in confusion.
 
Shadow quickly changed the subject. “So we're fighting an electrical plant thing?”
 
Blue scoffed. “Well that should be-AHH!” the vine he was standing on had electrocuted him. “OW!”
 
The water was boiling again. Vine's sparked. Green quickly moved before the attack could reach him. “Hey guys! Don't stand still for every long! Spirit catch!” He pulled out the hook shot and threw it.
 
Spirit smirked when he caught in. Blue and Red looked down. “Hey! My sword is missing!”
 
“And my fire rod!” (3)
 
Vio was looking at the boss (4). “I'll bet we have to hit the base.”
 
(Sorry readers, I'm bored)
 
The others agreed and after hitting the base numerous times, it stopped making electricity. “Now how do we get the item out?” Red asked.
 
“I'll take care of that.” Blue said proudly. Pulling out his hammer he smashed the glass, then jumped out of the way. Everyone else moved as well, except Green who ended up soaked.
 
“Very *cough, cough* Blue!” Green sputtered. “Are you trying to kill me!?”
 
“Well you should have moved!” Blue yelled back.
 
“Please don't fight guys.” Red said getting between them, before one of them started attacking the other.
 
Spirit broke the evil item, and the vines shriveled up and died. Whatever had been blocking the light opened, so they could see. “Hey look! My sword!” Blue picked up his sword, and tossed the fire rod, which had been right next to it, at Red.
 
“Yey!”
 
“Well let's get out of here.” Green said, nodding at the red Link. Red opened his pouch, and Piz jumped out, teleporting them outside.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Short… kind of…
 
Epona is still with them.
 
Haha. It's a bad pun!
 
Blue's sword and Red's fire rod were out when they were captured so they got taken away.
 
Malachi installed the light bulb thing, when he added the evil spork of doom.