Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter twelve ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I didn't own Zelda last chapter, why would I own it now?
AN: Hmmmmm… nothing to say.
 
 
 
 
“It's settled. This town is as empty as all the others.” Annoyed by the lack of findings, Blue threw himself in a chair, and crossed his arms. “I was hoping to find someone else Malachi missed.”
 
The six Links had gone to Kakoriko (spelling?) village, after leaving Lake Hylia, and decided to take a break in an old inn on the side of the road. Blue had gone out to check for other hide aways, but had returned, clearly, unsuccessful. “Why are we resting?” Spirit asked, his hands pressing on the window sill, as he glared out at the dark clouds. “We should be going up the mountain, to destroy the evil I feel!”
 
“Why do you have a phobia of resting?” Shadow asked leaning back in his chair, which was as far from the only lit candle as possible. “It wouldn't kill ya to relax a bit.”
 
“We don't have time to relax!” he argued.
 
“Oh my goddesses! Look: Beer!” Blue held up his prize from behind the counter. Vio quickly confiscated it. “Hey!”
 
Shadow rolled his eyes at Spirit. “We have all the time in the world. It wouldn't make a difference if we saved Hyrule today, or if we saved it next week.”
 
Spirit prepared to snap at him, but Green held up his hand. “Spirit, didn't we already discuss this? We'll be no help to Hyrule if we're too weak to continue. We need to get our strength back first.”
 
Spirit turned to him, upset. “For all we know Malachi could be torturing the people of Hyrule. The longer we take the longer they might suffer!”
 
“`Might' being the key word.” Shadow muttered.
 
Green looked thoughtful at them both. “You both make good points, but we're not going up into the mountains till tomorrow. It's settled, so change the topic.” He stood up. “I'm going to go ahead and get some sleep. Please don't make me come back down here.” With that warning, he went upstairs.
 
Spirit and Shadow glared at each other, and then looked away silently. Blue tried to steal the drink from Vio, and failed miserably. Red was falling asleep in the chair. “I'm going to bed as well.” Vio said. “I don't think we need to have a night watch, but you guys discuss it.” He shook Red gently. “You too. Come on.” (1) Red nodded sleepily and fallowed him upstairs.
 
Blue groaned, because Vio had taken the beer with him. `I'm not tired yet…' he thought, glancing between the two others in the room. “You guys should fight out your problems. Physically. It's what me and Green do.”
 
“That would not be a good idea.” Spirit pointed out.
 
“Only because you know you'll lose.” Shadow said with a snicker. “You're afraid I'll hurt you.”
 
“I'm not afraid to fight you.” Spirit practically growled. “And I wouldn't lose. How ever the other wouldn't be very pleased if I were to cause you any damage.”
 
Shadow stood up. “Forget the others! I could beat you with my eyes closed, if you didn't go and cheat, using that blasted light sword of yours!”
 
“Then how would I touch you, when you'll just hide like a cower in the Dark World?” Spirit retaliated.
 
Blue grinned. “I'll be the referee. No light sword and no Dark World. You two will fight outside, and can use your other weapons.”
 
Glaring, they agreed.
 
………………………&# 8230;…………………
 
“They've been quiet for a while…” Green mutter perplexed, sitting up in his bed. They should have come up to sleep by then.
 
Vio looked up from his book, having not actually intended on going to sleep with out a bit more free reading. “At least their not fighting.” He pointed out.
 
The building shook as a large explosion went off near by. “Not righting huh?” Green asked, and Vio shrugged, almost sheepishly. With a sigh they ran outside.
 
Shadow had another large bomb in his hands, preparing to throw it. Spirit was up on a roof, his hook shot aimed to fire at him. Blue was standing on the side lines, out of the attack range, pretending to talk into a microphone. “-and Spirit seems to have the upper hand-!”
 
“What the hell is going on here!?” Green yelled. Every one turned to look at them. Distracted by their sudden appearance, Shadow forgot about the bomb in his hands, and it exploded, sending him flying back. Alarmed Vio and Blue ran over to him, so Green decided to deal with Spirit. “Down.” He ordered pointing at the ground.
 
“Ow…” Shadow moaned, as Vio helped him sit up. “That… wasn't the smartest thing I've ever done…”
 
“Huh, really?” Vio muttered sarcastically, earning a pout. “What were you thinking?” He asked, checking him over for any serious injuries.
 
Spirit hopped off the roof, and walked over to Green, refusing to meet his eyes. Green waited for a moment, then crossed his arms as he realized the light being wasn't going to explain himself on his own. “Well? What were you thinking?”
 
Shadow glared over to where Green was scolding Spirit, too far away to hear. “I wanted to prove that I'm just as strong as he is. Or stronger, even though I'm a shadow.
 
“Shadow…”
 
Spirit didn't answer so Green pressed on. “I'm incredibly disappointed in you! Fighting is never the way to solve a problem! You, of all people, should know that!” He moved his hands to his hips. “Heck, if I thought for one second that Malachi would sit down and listen, or that there was some way to per swayed him, we'd be talking to him. Not fighting.
 
“That shadow wouldn't listen to reason any more than any other dark being.” Spirit argued still not looking at him.
 
“Yeah well, I'm not going to listen until you at least try!” Green snapped. “Shadow's reasonable.”
 
“You don't need to fight him to prove you're stronger.” Vio assured him. “You can't let him get to you.”
 
Shadow nodded with a sigh. “… I know…” He stood up, with a wince, then brushed the ash and dirt off his tunic. “I wouldn't have done anything if Blue hadn't provoked us in the first place.” (Lol. He threw him under the bus.)
 
Blue turned away when Vio glared at him. “Er-I'mgonnagotobed.” He ran inside.
 
Vio huffed. “Well… don't listen to Blue either. Come on.” They walked over to Green and Spirit.
 
Green looked between the two of them. “This fight is discontinued.” He said firmly, hoping his technical role of leader would keep them from trying to pound each other again. “There is no winner. There is no loser. It's a tie. Got it?” They glared at each other, but nodded. “Good. Now go up stairs, and go to sleep. I'll take the first watch.” (2)
 
………………………&# 8230;……………
 
“I thought Goron's lived on Death Mountain.” Red pointed out, blinking confused at his smart companion.
 
Vio shook his head. “Goron's inhabit this mountain as well.” (3)
 
The Link's were traveling up the mountain next to the village. The steam that shot out of the ground was dangerous, and each of them had gotten burned a couple of times. “At least it's not raining today…” Blue muttered. Before the others could respond, it started to down pore.
 
“Nice Blue.” Green said. “You jinxed it.”
 
Blue glared as they reached the top. “Look at it this way; at least it can't get any worse.”
 
Hot rocks of lava began dropping from the sky, and they had to jump out of the way, to avoid getting hit. “Blue!”
 
“What!?”
 
As soon as it stopped they walked up to the wall of the mountain. “How are we going to get up there?” Red wondered out loud, echoing every ones thoughts.
 
Vio looked over at Spirit. “Can your hook shot grab hold of that wall?”
 
“It should be able to.” Spirit answered, pulling out the weapon and using it to get up. He dropped it down so that each of them could use it. Eventually they made it to the top.
 
“Wow! It's so warm in here!” Red exclaimed.
 
“And dry.” Blue said relived, ringing out his hat.
 
They went to the back of the room, and threw the entrance to the dungeon. Once inside they realized there was a problem. It was really, really, hot (4). “We won't be able to do this with out Goron tunics.” Green said, already panting from the heat.
 
“Hey guys, look at this!” Red called. Floating in front of him was a red light. He lifted his hand innocently to touch it.
 
Blue recognized the light from the water temple. “Wait Red! Don't touch-!” His warning came too late. Red's fingers brushed the light, and it slammed against his chest, forcing him back a step. “-crap…”
 
Red blinked, no longer feeling the effect of the heat. “Hey wow! What was that!?”
 
The others grabbed him and ran back out before they could collapse. “That looked like the same thing that happened to Blue.” Green pointed out. Spirit, Vio, and Red looked confused.
 
“It is the same thing that happened to me.” Blue complained. “His tunic is now a Goron tunic, just like mine is a Zora's.”
 
Shadow's eyes widened. “That means…Red's the only one who can go threw this dungeon!?”
 
Red froze. “Me? Like… alone?” They nodded. “No, no, no! I-I can't! I can't fight like you guys can, I can't figure out the puzzles! There's no way I can do this alone!” He looked around at them pleadingly.
 
“I agree.” Blue said quickly. “We should find another way. It's not safe for him to go alone.”
 
Green whacked him lightly on the back of the head. “Shut up Blue! We need to be encouraging!” He walked over the Red, and rubbed his head comfortingly. “Hey… it's going to be ok. You can do this; you just need to believe in yourself. Courage, remember?” He held up his left hand, turning the triforce mark so the shorter boy could see it.
 
Red looked down at his own hand, and the matching symbol. “But… I don't want to go alone…”
 
“It will only be for a little while… and we'll be right here waiting for your return.” He smiled.
 
Red looked at him, then slowly smiled in return. “All right. I'll go.” He held up his hand. “Courage.” Before he could change his mind, he turned around and went back into the volcano. He looked at the flowing lava, separating him and the next platform and gulped. `Guess I have to jump it…'
 
“Hey Red! Wait!” Red stopped as Blue ran up to him. “Here!” He said, shoving his hammer into Red's hands (5). “Take this with you. It… it might help. But you'd better bring it back, got it!?”
 
Red blinked, then nodded timidly. Blue started back to the other room. “Ah! Thank you!” Red called, completely missing the look of concern on his companions face.
 
 
 
 
 
 
It's a little longer than the last one I think. Did ya enjoy Shadow and Spirit's little fight?
 
Yaoi note: That is not to imply anything romantically.
 
Since they are sleeping in a building, and Malachi obviously doesn't want them dead (yet), I don't know if they would actually keep a night watch, but better safe then sorry.
 
OoT Death Mountain, and TP Death Mountain, are two different mountains in this fic, because I made a mistake earlier… deal with it.
 
I know it TP they don't need a Goron tunic, but for the point of this story they do… again… deal.
 
Yaoi note: Ahahahahahahahahaha-I lost-ahahahahahahahaha! It's -haha- a really, really bad -lol- perverted pun! Hahahahaha! I swear I didn't mean to do that! Hahaha!
 
Comment *snicker* please.
 
LoZ © not me.