Legend Of Zelda Fan Fiction ❯ The Links Return ❯ Chapter thirteen ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I own this story… but not Zelda.
AN: Hey there, readers! How the heck are ya!? Good? Good! Any way, this chapters the fire temple! It's suppose to be the same temple from TP, but its not… `cause Malachi changed it! Enjoy!!!!!
 
 
 
 
 
 
A pillar of bright, scorching fire shot out of the lava, startling the young hero to the point of screaming, and falling backwards to the ground. `…yike's…' he thought, feeling his heart pound in his chest. `I should… be more careful.' Timidly he got back to his feet, and jumped when the fire settled down, landing safely on the other side. `I wish I could just freeze everything.'
 
He was deep into the volcano by now. The temperature was so hot, the ice rod only worked half a second at best. Not even worth it. The platform he was standing on began to crumble beneath him. Breaking into a sprint, he ran to the other side, and jumped just in time. He sighed, then swung the borrowed hammer as he was attacked by a fire bat. `I wish the others were here. I don't like this.'
 
………………………&# 8230;………………
 
“For the love of Nayru! What is taking him so long!?” Blue threw up his hands in frustration as he stormed back and forth threw the over-heated room. “This is ridicules!”
 
Green glared at him, from his sitting position on the floor. “It's only been fifteen minutes Blue. Have a little patience.”
 
“We should have never let him go alone!” Blue countered with a glare of his own. “Who knows what type of trouble he's gotten into by now! He's probably caught in some super obvious trap!”
 
“No. That would be you.” Vio said, broadly, flipping threw the pages of a book. “He'll be fine.”
 
Blue clearly wasn't convinced. “Shadow! Cant you go into the Dark World and check on him!?” He asked, angrily.
 
Shadow looked at him, then shook his head. “I can't. It gets hot in the dork world too.”
 
“Grrrr!!!” Blue went back to his pacing.
 
Spirit, who appeared to be meditating, opened his eyes slowly. “We're all worried about him; however there is nothing we can do about it. You might as well conserve your energy.” He returned to what he was doing.
 
Blue looked around at all of them, then exclaimed: “You people are imposable!!!” (Lol)
 
………………………&# 8230;………………………..
 
The deeper into the dungeon he went the darker it became. Soon it was too dark to see at all. Red pulled out his fire rod, turned it on its lowest level (1), and holding it away so he wouldn't burn himself. The light the weapon produced illuminated a small circle around him. `Wow it's… really dark…' A rock splashed into the lava, making him jump. “Ah! …oh.” He laughed nervously, then took a breath. `I've got to calm down.'
 
One of Malachi's creatures lunged at him from the dark. Some black lizard-type thing. Alarmed Red lunged off the rock onto a platform. However, the second he touched it, the platform dropped into the lava. Red panicked, as he tried to regain his balance, before he realized the platform wasn't melting in the boiling liquid. `How come this don gun has to be so hard?' He wondered sadly, holding up the fire rod.
 
He had no idea how far he'd dropped, but in the little light he had showed him surrounded by lava with no where to go. A feeling of hopelessness flooded him, and he sank down on the platform, drawing his knees to his chest. `I'm stuck…' tears weld in his eyes. `…I'm stuck and I'm alone…' He closed his eyes tight. `What am I suppose to do? I wish Vio was here. He'd know. And Spirit would make everything brighter so I could see. Green and Shadow would tell me everything's ok, and that we'd figure it out. And Blue…' He looked at the hammer, and laughed slightly `Blue would tell me to stop acting like a baby, then run off and kill something.' He chuckled, then stopped. `…but they aren't here… no one's here. I'm all alone.'
 
He sighed, when his eyes landed on the triforce. `Courage… easy for him to say. Green has more courage then I do. They all have more courage then I do.' A large `thud' not to far away made him jump. The hammer fell out of his hand and slid across the platform. “Ah!” He caught it before it fell off into the lava. `That was close! Blue would never forgive me if I lost this!' He looked around. `Oh! I forgot I have to return this. Now I have to finish this dungeon.' He bit his lip. `But how do I get off of here? Hmmm, what would Vio do?'
 
His eyes widened as he got an idea. After a little hesitation, he put away Blue's hammer, and his fire rod, leaving him in complete darkness. Red closed his eyes, because he couldn't see any way, and pulled out his sling shot, firing blindly into the dark. There was a splash. He changed directions, and fired again. Twice more he did that, till a deku seed `thunked' against a wall. He smiled and aimed up a little. The seed didn't hit which meant it must be a ledge. `I hope I can jump that far.' He put the sling shot away, and took a running start, jumping into the right direction. `Please, please, please, ple-` His fingers caught the edge of the ledge (lol), and his body collided with the wall. `Yes! And ow!' He thought as he pulled himself up. `Now I can finish.'
 
………………………&# 8230;……………
 
“It's stopped raining.” Shadow muttered looking out the doorway.
 
“And Red still isn't back…” Green said, glancing at Blue. `It's been two hours. Maybe he's right… maybe I shouldn't have let him go alone…'
 
Blue was staring up at the ceiling. “He'd better hurry up… I want my hammer back…” Every one rolled their eyes.
 
………………………&# 8230;…………….
 
The boss room.
 
Red stared at the humungous lock with awe. It was at least three times as big as any other lock he'd ever seen, even for a boss room. `It's taller than I am! I wonder if that means this boss is harder that the others…” He gulped. `Why do I have to fight this boss by myself? I was supposed to find the Goron tunics and bring them back for the others like Blue did, but I couldn't find any.' Letting out a lonely sigh, he lifted the key and stuck it in the lock.
 
With a `clang' the chains holding the lock released and loudly fell to the ground. Red jumped back to avoid having his toes (or more) crushed. The door rose up. He gulped again, franticly looking over his shoulder, still debating his choices. `I so don't like this…” He walked inside.
 
The room was still dark. Using the fire rod as a light, he walked along the wall on a thin strip of rock. A river of lava, separated him from a platform that looked like an over-sized version of the on he'd been stuck on. He jumped onto it. Pillars of fire shot up around the wall, lighting the entire room. Red fell back with a horrified scream.
 
The fox-like boss in front of him was a big, if not bigger, that Hyrule castle. Six massive tails swung behind it, and blood red eyes glared down at him. A zigzag pattern ran across its body. The lower half was orange and the upper half was red. Malachi's evil item was tied to one of the tails (2).
 
`I can't do this!' Red realized. He was just surprised fear hadn't killed him yet. `I can't fight this! I need the others! I-!' The creature roared, flames flying out of its mouth. Red shrieked and jumped out of the way. “Help! Someone!” He yelled hopelessly. His pocket moved. “…Piz!” He realized, suddenly feeling incredibly foolish. He pulled the brown, pearl shaped critter out, and held it before him. “Get us out of here!” Piz blinked, then opened his mouth.
 
………………………&# 8230;……………..
 
“This waiting is killing me…” Blue grumbled, rolling his head back against the wall.
 
The mountain shook, knocking them all to the ground. “What was that!?” Green exclaimed, springing to his feet.
 
“Oh Goddess!” Shadow gasped, standing up as well, and looking outside. “What is that?” They all ran over.
 
“Where the hell did that come from!?” Blue snapped, pointing at the giant fire fox, now standing out side, clearly cramped in the space.
 
“Look its Red!” Shadow yelled.
 
Sure enough, Red was standing by one of the massive paw's “Piz!” He said to the confused thing. “You weren't supposed to bring that as well!”
 
“Red.” Blue said climbing up on the railing, and jumping down. He rolled to lesson the impact of the dangerous fall. “Red! What the hell took you so long!?” He asked angrily.
 
Red looked at him. “Blue! Thank the triforce!” He hugged him. “I can't win this by myself!”
 
Blue pushed him away. “Stop creeping me out!” He snapped. “Now give me my weapon, and I'll take care of this!”
 
The others took another way down to avoid possible permanent damage before the fight even started. “Are you ok?” Shadow asked, looking at Red.
 
“We were getting worried.” Green said, thankful their anxiety had been for nothing.
 
“Blue was worried the most.” Vio pointed out.
 
“I was not!” Blue denied instantly.
 
They rolled their eyes, but before any of them could argue, a giant paw hit the ground knocking them off their feet. “So… what is this thing?” Green asked staring up at they're opponent, which was trying to find a comfortable standing spot.
 
“Another one of Malachi's puppets no dought.” Shadow muttered, before noticing the item attached to its tail. “There it is…”
 
Red nodded. “It's the boss. Piz brought it out with me.”
 
The fox was becoming impatient. It swung one of its tails at them, launching them into the wall. “It's strong…” Spirit groaned the first to get back up.
 
“And fast.” Vio agreed, getting to his feet with the others. “All because of Malachi's influence. If we can get that item away from it, it will go back to its original form, and we may not need to fight it.”
 
Blue smirked, as he drew his sword. “Sounds like a plan to me.”
 
“Not really.” Green corrected, also drawing his weapon. “Blue and I will get its attention. You guys see if you can't get to its tails.” Jumping straight into action, they ran at its paws.
 
The colossal fox was still having trouble in the limited space. The boss chamber had been plenty big, with enough room to stretch its tails. Trying to find good foot placements, it didn't notice the tiny humans running towards it till something sharp pierced its paw. It let out a pained yelp. Green quickly pulled back his sword. “So we got its attention…” Blue observed as the massive head swung to glare at them. “…now what?”
 
“Run!” Green replied, as flames jutted from the creature's mouth, scorching the ground.
 
“Oh yeah! Watch out for the flames!” Red warned, a bit late. He and the others were scaling the mountain, already behind it. “Can you reach it yet Spirit?” Red asked.
 
Spirit launched his hook-shot, but the tail swished out of the way. “It keeps moving. It's imposable to get a good shot.” He shook his head.
 
“I could freeze it.” Red suggested.
 
“Not all of it.” Vio argued, not wanting to do anything that would alert it to their presence before it was absolutely necessary.
 
“It's too bad I can't figure out that shadow thing I did before.” Shadow said sadly.
 
Red hopped forward, as one of the tails came close to catching him. Piz stuck to his sleeve like some sort of glue. “Hmm…” Red looked back. “Hey Vio. I've got an idea.”
 
Vio looked at him for a moment, then nodded understandingly. “Hold on for just a little longer guys!” He yelled down to his team mates.
 
Blue scowled. “Yeah, yeah! Just-ack!” He jumped to avoid another fire blast. “-just hurry it up!”
 
“Hey Piz.” Red asked looking at the little creature. “Do you think you can get that?” He pointed at the evil item. Piz fallowed his finger with its eyes then morphed into the words: Yes. Throw. With out hesitation Red drew back his arm and threw it with all his might. The fox remained oblivious as Piz struck its side and stuck to its fur. Instead it growled and stomped its paws trying to catch the pests on the ground. Piz rolled down the long tail, despite the swishing, and pulled off the item, before jumping back down to Red.
 
The fox froze. Half a second later it began to shrink. Its fur shifted, changing from red and orange to blue and green. The Links approached it as it stabilized, surprised to see it the size of a normal fox, after seeing it so big before. “It's so cute!” Red exclaimed, taking the spork from Piz and returning the now tired creature to his pocket.
 
Vio flipped open a book. “This is strange…” The fox blinked at them, seemingly unconcerned at their presence. “By those colors… this fox is a myth.” He held out the book to show them a picture of it. It was hand drawn but it was definitely suppose to be the same thing. “It's usually found in forests of in snowy mountains. Legend has it, it leads lost people to safety. A little odd Malachi would put it in a volcano.”
 
“Any stranger than making a tree powered by electricity?” Spirit asked, not actually caring about the answer.
“Or hot underwater slugs?” Shadow added.
 
“That book…” Green began, glaring when Vio pointed off to a bookshelf, sitting only a few feet away.
 
“Good points. I guess he just likes messing with things.” Vio said, snapping the book closed. The fox looked at each of them, before darting between Blue and Shadow, running down the path towards the village, and disappearing. “Well. It's got a point. Let's head back.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The fox is mine!!! I love it! Heehee! It's my creation, but your welcome to barrow it if you send me the link. I'm using it in another story that I'm working on.
 
I think fire rods should have levels. The lowest level would still be hot, but more like a flash light… kind of. Though I imagine that would be difficult to carry around.
 
Its suppose to be really, really big, so I'm not sure if that is an exaggeration.
 
Comment Please!