Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ It's a Trap!! ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
 
 
“Is everyone alright?” I asked.
 
“No Pain, No Gain.” Said James as he helped Sarah up.
 
We all stared outside the view port, “Henri, throw on a light out there!”
 
Henri clicked a switch at his controls and the ships front headlights shined outside.
 
The inside of the ship we we're in was as bare as Mother Hubbard's cupboard, just jagged rocks and strange shiny things hanging everywhere.
 
“There has to be some life aboard.” Said Elizabeth.
 
“Or maybe this ship was preset to swallow visitors.” Added Samuel.
 
“Well shouldn't we go out there and check to see if we can find anything?” asked Sarah.
 
I shook my head, “No Sarah, that's not a good idea.”
 
“He has a point, Sarah.” Added James, “We should check the atmosphere conditions out there first.”
 
I agreed with James, an made it clear that no one was to leave the ship until James and I completed our tests, it would take about three or four hours.
 
Three-Four hours later
 
Our tests proved that there was atmosphere that could support terrestrial life, and the ship's flooring could support our weight, but no sign of life by far.
 
“Well we won't get anywhere by just sitting in here.” Said James, “I suggest we go out and investigate at once.”
 
“Agreed!” I said, to Samuel and James, “You two will come with me, we'll explore what we can and see if can get anywhere.”
 
Samuel and James nodded.
 
“Captain… may I join you too?” asked Henri.
 
I shook my head, “As much I'd like to come, Henri, you're much more needed here on the ship.”
 
Even though Henri knew it was for the best, he couldn't help but pout. “Do I really `ave to?” he asked.
 
“Well Henri we do need a young man here!” said Sarah, “And you and Moses will be all we have left.”
 
Henri blushed a little, and at that, the men and I armed ourselves with Flashlights, Light-sabers, and Ray-guns and we headed out.
 
We took our first few steps out. “Just, look at this place?” said James. “You could just do so much with it.”
 
“Indeed…. one could.” Added Samuel as he admired the crystal like webs, “These look as though they are millions of years ahead of us.”
 
“It's highly possible.” I agreed with him. “Let's look around, maybe we can find someone.”
 
As we ventured along even further away from STINGRAY, everything seemed to be getting more and more curios by the minute.
 
“HELLO…” James called out, but his voice just echoed back and trailed off. The ship was that empty.
 
A while later, we came across what we believed to be some sort of navigational guidance system. “Let's check it out!” I said.
 
The control was nothing like we had ever seen on Earth, the panel seemed to have glowing crystals around it.
 
James reached up and touched on of them, and all along the upper walls appeared pictures of different sectors in Space.
 
“It seems to react to physical contact.” Said James, “But which does what I can't tell.”
 
All the crystals did look alike, “Let's see if we can open it up, maybe do some tinkering.” I suggested.
 
As we continued to study the controls, Samuel decided to venture forth a bit more and search to see if he could find any sign of life aboard.
 
“Don't wander too far.” I told him.
 
“Yes, Sir!”
 
Meanwhile, on Mars
 
X-2-0 was delivering the latest report to Titan. “Everything is underway, Mighty Titan.” He said. “The ship is already on it's way here without them knowing.”
 
Titan chuckled, “Excellent… with my prison ship on its way with STINGRAY aboard, I shall have control of STINGRAY and the crew with in a week.”
 
“Begging your pardon oh great Titan… but it if they were able to escapes somehow?”
 
“Silence, you nitwit… They wouldn't dare try to escape, not with the next part of plan coming into play.”
 
“Even if they are to escape, I shall have to make them a deal one that will grantee me STINGRAY! Hee… hee… hee…. Hee!!”
 
Back on the Ship
 
 
 
James and I were still working at the screen, when suddenly we realized that we were actually moving.
 
“But where exactly are we going?” asked James, “I still haven't a clue on our position yet!, Sir!”
 
Scratched my head in confusion, until Samuel called from the door, “James… Captain… we have got trouble!” he cried, “Come!”
 
He lead us to a section of the ship were we looked into a window down below, and what we saw answered us everything.
 
There in the room below us operating strange looking controls, were many of Titan's Aliens from Mars.
 
“This is a trap!” I said, “Titan purposely did all this to capture us, and now he must be bringing us to Mars.”
 
“Well at least we won't be lost anymore… but there's no doubt that Titan will take us for prisoners once we get back there.” Said James.
 
After a few smaller discussions, we all decided to head back to STINGRAY to tell the others.
 
“Yes…. I do realize that staying here and letting Titan guide us to Mars.” I said, “But James is right… Titan would want nothing more than to have us for Prisoners!”
 
“Well couldn't we at least stay for at least awhile so that we may at least be able to get a good lead on our position?” asked Elizabeth.
 
I nodded, “It's the least we can do, but for now I suggest we all turn in for the night.”
 
Samuel agreed to take the first watch and let me have the second, and it was a good thing he had a knack for our Defenses.
 
The chances were that Titan's men would try and sneak up on us and take us as hostages while our backs were turned, and we were right.
 
At 2:00 am, Samuel caught at least a dozen of Aliens coming at the ship.
 
They didn't realize STINGRAY, was armed with and invisible shield that repelled all gunfire, and prevented the aliens proceeding forward. As long as the force field was up, we couldn't be touched.
 
Finally, unless given permission for me, and ONLY me, No one was allowed off the ship. There was no telling what sort of danger we may run into.