Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ The Purple liquid ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
 
 
A couple days passed, so far nothing. Titan hadn't shown himself or revealed his true plans to us.
 
In the meantime we we're still working on a way to get ourselves out of this place before Titan really got us.
 
The ship was moving smoothly, but quickly, We would reach Mars, in couple more days, and we still didn't have too much of a plan.
 
James and Henri were sitting outside on the ramp during their shift of guarding us from the Aliens.
 
Sure the force field kept them in and the aliens out, but they were ALIENS, life forums we knew nothing about. It didn't hurt to make sure.
 
“So far nothing.” said Henri as he let out a yawn, “Boy… being a watch guard is so boring!”
 
James nodded, “It may be boring, Henri, but we have to do this for our sakes, and for everyone's sake.”
 
They decided to get up and walk around the ship a few times to stretch their legs a bit.
 
Henri went one way and James went the other with the Ray guns by their side.
 
As James walked along he saw and Alien trying to break through the shield, but to no avail. “Ha, ha, ha… nice try, but no cigar.” He chuckled.
 
When James passed right by the Alien, the Alien saw this as his chance. “I was hoping that you would pass by here Earthman!” he said in his ugly voice.
 
Then he whipped out what looked like a spray-gun, and sprayed James with a purple liquid which seemed to be able to pass right through the shield.
 
“Hey… what is this stuff?” James cried out. The liquid didn't seem to do much. James didn't feel anything.
 
Henri saw the commotion as he came along and fired his ray gun at the shield which scared the Alien away.
 
“Are you alright, Mon ami?” he said as James got up. “Look at you, you're all drenched.”
 
“I don't know what this stuff is, but I think I'm okay.” Said James, but on their way back inside, James was starting to slow down a bit.
 
“Hey… Henri… where did you go?” he said sounding all drowsy, “Everything's… getting… Dark.”
 
Henri raised an Eyebrow, “James, I'm right `ere.” He said, but when he turned around, James was lying nearly unconscious and barely breathing too.
 
“James… JAMES!!”
 
Inside the sick bay
 
It was a good thing we had a computerized Doctor aboard. His name was DOC.
 
DOCTOR… OPERATIONAL… CONSOLE, he was just like a doctor, but computerized.
 
James was resting in bed with a respirator helping him breath, he looked really pale, and his body signs didn't look good
 
Elizabeth, who was also appointed as a paramedic on board, she and DOC had been examining him for a while now.
 
“Give it to us straight you two!” I said, “Is he going to be alright?”
 
 
Elizabeth looked as though she was going to cry, but she kept her face straight. “It's not that easy, Captain!” she said softly.
 
“Indeed, it is not!” added DOC, “It is not easy to say this, therefore I shall just be blunt… Lieutenant. Hiller is Dying!”
 
Sarah's heart nearly stopped beating right at those words. She put her hand to her mouth. “Oh no… he can't be.” She cried softly.
 
Her mother shook her head. “We've done all we can dear.” She said to Sarah. “He appears to have been Poisoned.
 
“Indeed he has.” Added DOC “But by what we are unable to tell as he was near the ship all this time.”
 
Suddenly, Henri perked up his head and said softly. “That… that Purple Liquid!”
 
“What was that, Henri?” I asked.
 
“Captain, One of Titan's aliens came along and sprayed a purple liquid through the shield, and all over James.”
 
“That is the answer.” Replied DOC, “It must be a forum of Space Poison. One that we know nothing about.”
 
“Well then find a cure.” Said Samuel, “We simply can't afford to lose James.”
 
“I'm afraid it is not that simple, Major.” Said DOC. “There is nothing that I can do!”
 
Sarah finally spoke up with her voice mingling in her silent sobs. “But how can you just give up like that?” she asked, “That's no ordinary soldier, that's my husband lying there… do something!!”
 
 
“Sarah's right!” added Moses, “You just have to come up with something, we can't let James die!”
 
“It's not that simple Moses.” Said Elizabeth, “Without knowing the contents of the poison, neither of us can find a cure… it would take too long.”
 
I stomped my foot getting her attention. “Now you both listen to me!” I said Angrily, “You have to find a cure!”
 
“We'll go back to the bridge and leave you two to your work, But come up with something fast!! JAMES MUST NOT DIE!!”
 
Elizabeth nodded, “Yes, sir… we'll do what we can, but time is of the essences!!” she said softly.
 
“Indeed…” added DOC, “My censors tell me, that he will me gone in approximately 48 hours, 34 minutes, and 52 seconds… and counting!!”
 
Sarah couldn't hold in anymore, she buried her face on James chest and let out all her emotion. “Oh James!!” she wept. “No… no… You must not die!!”
 
Samuel held Elizabeth in his arms as the both each shed a tear for James. Moses held his heart praying for James to live. Henri had tears on his face too, but he was too furious to cry.
 
“I'll get Titan for this!” he said softly but angrily. “If it is the last thing I do… I'll GET him!!”
 
 
Meanwhile, on Mars
 
“Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha!! Hiller's life now hangs in the balance.” Titan laughed. “Time to make my bargain deal with the Earthlings.”
 
“I have patched through to the ships radio frequency, Mighty Titan.” Said X-2-0. “Go ahead.”
 
 
Titan picked up his radio and spoke very clearly. “Attention STINGRAY… Titan Speaks… Titan Speaks!!”
 
Back on STINGRAY
 
“Hear this Captain Tempest. Hear this!”
 
Samuel heard everything… “Captain…” he cried “I know you won't believe this, but it's Titan on the radio.”
 
“What… have you lost it there, Samuel?” I asked. We checked all the frequencies, but everything seemed fully in tact. “Alright, I'll talk to him.”
 
I picked up the radio. “Okay, this is Tempest, what do you want?”
 
“Now listen very carefully, I will say this only once.” Said Titan over the radio. “I alone have the antidote to the poison that is killing James Hiller now.”
 
“I will give you the cure in exchange for one thing… The Plans for STINGRAY!!”
 
Our eyes widened at the sound of those words. “The plans for STINGRAY!?” I cried. “You're out of your Space-Aged mind Titan! No Deal!”
 
“Do not be foolish Earthmen!” snarled Titan. “The plans for STINGRAY, in exchange for Hiller's life, you have 24 of your Earth hours to decided!”
 
Then he closed off.
 
“Captain, we can't just hand over STINGRAY'S plans to that despicable creature.” Said Samuel.
 
“Oui… who knows what he might do with them.” Added Henri.
 
“I know, I know!” I said, “And were not going to hand them over to him, not just like that.”
 
“It's all up to Elizabeth and DOC now, they're our only hope!”