Liberty's Kids Fan Fiction ❯ LIBERTY'S KIDS: Into the Future, and Into Space ❯ Everyone's okay ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
 
 
Captain's log:Mission date 5, 9:32 am…
 
It has now been nearly twenty-four hours since James Hiller, our Science officer, has fallen ill under the effects of the poison.
 
We still do not plan to give Titan the plans for STINGRAY in exchange for the antidote to the poison, which puts James' fate all on the shoulders of Elizabeth Philips, and DOC.
 
End Log!
 
Sarah was in the sickbay for what might have been her hundredth time, as she was that worried about James. “How is he mother… is he any better now?” she asked.
 
“I'm afraid the task is beyond us, Dear.” Her mother answered, “Absolutely nothing we give to him is helping.”
 
“Indeed not… “ said Doc. “I have taken the liberty of examining the contents of the poison, but have never computed anything of their likeness.”
 
“Unless we get that antidote from Titan, Lieutenant. Hiller will defiantly be gone in 28 more hours exactly.”
 
Tears streaming down her face again, but she resisted the urge to cry, “He… he can't die… I love him, and I can't lose him.”
 
Her mother smiled, “We all love him, Dear.” She said softly, “But, it looks as though time may have beaten us this time.”
 
Elizabeth drew he daughter into a tender hug, and Sarah planted the softest kiss ever on James' check before she left. She was due on the bridge any moment now.
 
As she walked along the corridor, she saw Henri heading towards the transmission deck, with a file of blueprints in his hand.
 
“Henri…?” she called up, but Henri didn't even turn around. Suddenly, Sarah realized that it was STINGRAY'S Blueprints he was holding.
 
He wouldn't…!
 
“Henri…!” Sarah called as she raced up the Corridor, “HENRI… STOP… DON'T!!!” but it was already too late.
 
Henri closed the door and jammed it, and by the time Sarah was able to bust in, the plans were already on their way to Titan's coordinates.
 
Meanwhile, on Mars
 
X-2-0 was receiving the incoming message. “It must be the plans for STINGRAY.” He said to Titan, who was smiling wickedly.
 
“Excellent, excellent… Now as promised I will send them the antidote.” He said as he replied to the message.
 
X-2-0 still didn't understand it, he had the plans, so why should he send them us the antidote when he really wants James dead anyway?
 
“It's perfectly simple…” said Titan as he took the Blueprints out of their file and exposing the truth. They weren't STINGRAY'S Blueprints at all.
 
“Making those Earthling believe that I am that Gullible will make it all the more easier for me to capture them when they reach us.”
 
Back, on STINGRAY
 
“YOU DID WHAT?!” shouted Samuel.
 
Sarah wasted no time in tell her father what she saw Henri doing, “Henri Lebreve… I am ever so ashamed of you.” She said in disappointment.
 
 
Henri tried to explain, but Sarah cut him off again. “What's going to happen you when Captain finds out?” she said sounding worried, and at that moment…
 
“Find out what?” I asked as I came through the door.
 
Henri tried to step forward, but Samuel did the speaking for him. He told me about Henri and what he did and that Sarah was an eye-witness.
 
“I'm afraid Titan has the Blueprints for STINGRAY, Sir!”
 
They expected me to yell, or start lashing out, but I was Smiling proudly just like Henri was. “No he hasn't!”
 
Sarah and her Father looked confused. “But Sir… I really saw him do it.” Said Sarah. Her Father seconded her statement.
 
“No, no, no… Titan does have some Blueprints, but they're nothing more than only based and altered imitations.”
 
We all sat down as I explained to them what really happened.
 
Countless times over, my Grandfather had been in situations like this, Bargaining STINGRAY'S plans for survival, but as usual we just never could give them in.
 
So He created Imitation's of STINGRAY but they had alternated plans into them which would make the Ship completely useless, and the real ones are, and have always been locked up in safe at WASP.
 
“So… the plans Titan has are fakes?” asked Samuel.
 
“Indeed they are.” I answered, “I contacted Titan earlier and we made the deal, and I asked Henri to transport the plans for me.”
 
“Oui… it is true.” Said Henri.
 
“But Captain… What if Titan doesn't give us the antidote, after all he wanted the actual plans for STINGRAY.” Cried Sarah.
 
I smiled wider than ever and checked my watch. “Three… Two… One…!”
 
“Sickbay, to Captain Tempest.” Cried Elizabeth over the radio. She reported that she had received the antidote and given it to James… and he was waking up.
 
Sarah's Heart beat like crazy, and she rushed off to the Sickbay. Sure enough, James wasn't so pale anymore, and he was sitting up right.
 
She softly yet tenderly hugged him and wept. “Oh James… Darling you're alright, thank heaven.” She sobbed.
 
James' voice was still a little too dizzy to speak, but he was going to be alright. All he needed was rest.
 
“Good to have you back with us, James.” I said proudly, “Now you better get some rest… the next phase of my plan beings tonight at 7:30!”
 
Everyone wondered what I was talking about, then I had explained that when Titan and I spoke that morning, I had Moses trace the call from the Engine room .
 
Now w could tell perfectly where Mars was and make it the rest of the way there ourselves, and safely too.
 
That night...
 
James was still resting, but Henri, Moses, Samuel and I were ready. If Titan wasn't going to let us out of this ship, then we'd just have to BLAST our way out.
 
“I can't remember the last time I operated a Fire-arm for fun.” Said Samuel. “Laser Number one, armed and ready.”
 
“Laser Number two armed and ready.” I said.
 
“Engines online and at full power.” Said Moses.
 
 
“Read on your word, Sir!” added Henri.
 
I nodded, and in one push of a button, I dropped the force field around the ship, and Titan's aliens charged forward in such great numbers.
 
Samuel fired his laser and blasted the aliens away from the ship. While I uses the laser-cutters and began blasting a hole through the hull of the prison ship.
 
It wasn't long before the hole would be big enough for STINGRAY to bust through. “TAKE OFF!!”
 
Samuel ceased firing his lasers, and Henri started the ignition causing STINGRAY to rise up off the ground.
 
Some of Titan's aliens had grabbed a hold and were hitching a ride with us, but they were easily shaken off when STINGRAY speeded up.
 
We gazed outside at the beautiful stars coming into to view. We were finally on our way again.