Lilo & Stitch Fan Fiction ❯ New Adventures of Lilo & Stitch: 'Ohana Onipa'a ❯ Meeting Old Friends ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Lilo and Stitch. I only own Storyline and Experiment 631.
Also, in this story, Lilo is 18 years old. Therefore, Lilo and everyone else appears the same way as they did in the Lilo & Stitch Episode "Skip"
Meeting Old Friends
It was a peaceful morning in Kauai at the Pelekai house. Nearly two months had gone by since Lilo and Stitch were reunited. Lilo wakes up and smiles at Stitch, who is sleeping peacefully with Scrump, Lilo's hand made doll, held tightly to his chest. Lilo thought, 'He is just so cute when he sleeps.' Lilo was so happy her best friend was back in her life. The Hawaiian teen went down stairs to get a glass of orange juice. Her sister Nani was already up.
Lilo said "Morning Nani." Nani responded, "Good morning, Lilo." Nani noticed the cheerful look on her sister's face. Stitch entered the kitchen. Lilo poured herself a glass of juice and turned to see her best friend. "Morning sleepyhead." Stitch stared into Lilo's brown eyes for several seconds. 'She looks so beautiful. I wonder if she feels for me the same way... Wait... Can I possibly?' Stitch responded, "Morning Lilo."
Stitch downed the orange juice, along with the carton. Lilo smiled at Stitch. 'I love it when he does that. He is so cute... Wait... Where did that thought come from?' Nani smiled at the two, knowing how they happy they were. 'In fact they seem happier than they were before Stitch had left all those years ago. I am just glad Lilo's phase ended so Stitch could come back home. I wonder if... no... it can't be...' Nani said, "Life has gotten so exciting since you came back Stitch. A little chaotic, but still, it is good to have you back."
Stitch smiled at Nani and said, "Takka Achi-baba, takka." Nani decided to leave the two alone in the kitchen. She turned back and thought, 'The way they always seem to be glancing at each other. You would almost think that.... what if they are? I know they have obvious differences, but still.' Nani went upstairs and bumped into Jumba and Pleakley. "Good morning Bigger Girl" Nani was brought out of her thoughts and responded, "Good morning, Jumba." Pleakley and Nani exchanged the same morning greeting. Before the two aliens could go downstairs, Nani said, "We should let Lilo and Stitch set alone for breakfast." Jumba nodded and appeared in deep thought. "Why don't you be following me to lab. Evil Genius has something to show you" Nani shrugged her shoulders and followed Jumba, along with Pleakley.
After Lilo and Stitch had just finished their breakfast and went to their tree house. Lilo said, "I really missed these moments. Life was just miserable without you. I am very proud of you though, always helping other when you were living in Izayoi with Yuna." Stitch replied, "Stitch was miserable too. At first Stitch was bad again. If it weren't for Yuna..." Lilo looked at Stitch and said, "Stitch, I am not mad at you for what happened. You were emotionally hurt. Even the Grand councilwoman understood your pain from the beginning." Stitch nodded and said, "Stitch happy Ohana is whole again." Lilo smiled and added "And we have three new members in our Ohana: Yuna, her dad, and Obaa. There is always a bright side to every situation." Lilo and Stitch hugged each other.
Lilo said, "Speaking of Yuna, did Jumba say when the teleportation unit will be ready" Stitch answered "Jumba only said it would be ready soon." Lilo and Stitch left the tree house and went back to the house. Lilo asked, "You want to go see the cousins who are still in Kauai?" Stitch nodded and the two hopped in the red dune buggy, aka: ridiculous earth vehicle and drove into town.
The first place they arrived at was the Hair Salon to see Clip. However, before they could go in, they heard a voice, "Hey, look, it's Wierdlo and her disconfigured dog." Lilo turned and saw Mertle Edmonds. "Mertle," growled Lilo. Stitch was thinking, 'Not again. I was hoping I'd never see her again.'Lilo and Mertle glared at each other for one long minute. Stitch was scared that a fight could break out any second. Then he heard the sound of giggling coming from Lilo.
Stitch looked at Lilo, then heard Mertle giggling as well. Now Stitch was confused. Lilo and Mertle ran up to each other and hugged one another. Stitch's jaw dropped. Lilo said, "It is good to see you again! How have you been?" Mertle smiled at her friend and said, "Very good..... uh, Lilo? Look." Mertle was pointing at Stitch who was still starring wide-eyed at the two girls. Lilo laughed and said, "I am sorry Stitch. I forgot to tell you that me and Mertle are best friends now."
Mertle walked up to Stitch and patted him on the head, before giving him a big hug. "It's good to see you again Stitch." Lilo asked, "So, you back from Honolulu for the summer?" Mertle nodded and said, "Yep. Just got in yesterday. I was on my way to the salon to see Clip." Mertle thought back to when Lilo wanted to use Clip on her, but Clip had gotten her mom instead. Mertle giggled at that memory. Lilo said, "Me and Stitch were on our way to see her too, along with the other cousins on the Island. Speaking of cousin's, how is Gigi?" Mertle said, "She is doing great. And she looks exactly the same as last year... as a matter of fact, she looks exactly the same as when I adopted her ten years ago."
Lilo said, "Considering she is one of Jumba's experiments, we should not be surprised." Mertle smiled at this, remembering how Gigi had saved her from a plasma blast during the Leroy Battle. Mertle was astonished to have learned that Gigi could talk. Lilo and Stitch were stealing glances at each other and slightly blushing. Mertle noticed this, 'I wonder if they are.....' Mertle knew that Stitch was not some disconfigured dog and that he had always been there for Lilo, with the exception of Lilo's Keoni phase. But that phase ended a long time ago, and a few months later had welcomed Stitch back with open arms.
Stitch was talking to Clip while Mertle and Lilo were catching up on old times. "So, how are Yuki, Teresa, and Elena doing?" Mertle answered, "They are doing good. Teresa is visiting for the summer as well. Elena and Yuki are spending the first part of summer in Maui, before visiting here, just in time for my birthday."
After Mertle got her hair done, she decided to accompany Lilo and Stitch on visiting the cousins. They arrived at the Gym. While Stitch was talking with Kixx, Lilo and Mertle were discussing Mertle's upcoming birthday. Mertle had said that she was inviting Lilo and Stitch to come to the party as well. Lilo said, "I would love too, and I am sure Stitch will too." Mertle said, "Yeah, I will make sure my mom has extra coconut cake, seeing as this is Stitch's first time coming to my birthday....... well second time anyways....." Mertle put her hand over her mouth and giggled, thinking back to when Lilo made Mertle and her friends believe there was a birthday cake eating monster called, the geckolicky. Lilo laughed as well, knowing what Mertle was thinking about. While the two girls were talking, Stitch was showing some of the karate moves he learned will living with Yuna.
An hour later, the three went to Frenchfry's for lunch, where they met Keoni. Mertle and Keoni hugged each other, while Lilo and Stitch smiled. Lilo felt relieved when her relationship ended. After that, as time when on, Lilo had decided to make a purpose in bringing Stitch back to Hawaii. Then, by chance, Angel had arrived in Kauai to perform in a concert and the two had bumped into each other.
Flashback
"Aloha Angel!" said Lilo as she hugged the pink experiment. Angel said, "It is so good to see you again, Lilo!" After they were finished hugging, Lilo told Angel that she was no longer with Keoni and that she was in deep regret for basically abandoning Stitch the way she did. Angel responded," I know where Stitch is. He is living in Izayoi off the coast of Okinawa, with a girl named Yuna." Lilo's eyes widened, "What?" The two talked about what happened during the times she went there to see Stitch and that her and Stitch had recently mutually decided to be just friends. Angel then helped Lilo get in touch with Yuna, as well as Jumba. Lilo and Yuna decided that since Stitch's birthday was only weeks away, that they would keep the fact that Lilo was coming over to Izayoi a secret from Stitch until the time was right.
End flashback
Lilo smiled as Keoni kissed his girlfriend. 'I am so happy for those two,' thought Lilo. Lilo and Stitch decided to give the two lovers some space while they were talking. College life can keep couples apart even though they were going to the same university. Lilo had already decided to take on-line classes so that she would not leave Stitch behind again. Her and Stitch decided to order a pizza, which was healthy, just like everything Frenchfry made. After lunch, Mertle and Keoni rejoined Lilo and Stitch. The four continued going around the island, visiting all of the cousins and talking about how the experiments they visited had an impact on their lives.
Life appeared to be very good for Lilo, Stitch, and the whole Ohana.
End Chapter One -- More to come