Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Unsaid Emotions ❯ Chapter 5 – Sight of the Stars ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

It is understood that this is only a fanfiction and in reality, I have no relation whatsoever to the creators of Love Hina
 
^_^
 
 
Love Hina: Unsaid Emotions
 
 
Chapter 5 - Sight of the Stars
 
 
 
This is Keitaro's flashback when he received the news on his sickness.
 
Keitaro sat on top of the Hinata Inn roof, staring at the majestic moon that appeared before him. Somehow, he felt blessed with the appearance of the moon. Just staring at it comforted him… he sighed…
 
Keitaro wished he could live longer…
 
“You have 5 months left Keitaro-san”
 
He sighed again, thinking further of what the doctor told him
 
“In order for the cancer to stop, we need to take out your eyes Keitaro-san”
 
Keitaro sighed and thought deep. He took out his glasses and his vision seemed hazy as ever. “It's happening” He thought. “Should I… sacrifice my sight?” He closed his eyes. And opened it afterwards and put his glasses on. As he stood up, he saw Narusegawa took he night dip at the hot springs. “Naru… will I ever see you again?” Keitaro thought…
 
“KEITARO YOU PERVERT!!”
 
Keitaro snapped back to reality upon hearing Naru's voice.
 
“KEITARO URASHIMA!!! YOU BETTER SCRAM YOUR BUTT OUT OF THERE OR YOU'LL BE VERY SORRY!!!”
 
Keitaro panicked and decided to run but his feet slipped and to the hot spring he fell. He landed beside Narusegawa. A hand reached Narusegawa's shoulder and using it for support, Keitaro helped himself up. Keitaro's glasses were missing because of his fall. He decided to feel the water in search for his glasses but, as he slid his hand down Narusegawa's shoulder, he accidentally pulled her towel, revealing her breasts before him. Narusegawa quickly covered it with her arms. Keitaro finally found his glasses and wore it on realizing what he did to a crimson faced naru……
 
“You need to repair the door to the hot springs Keitaro” Haruka said.
 
“Yeah and for the meantime, no one is to take a dip at the hot springs” Mitsune added.
 
“ummmph ummmhhh” replied a fully bandaged Keitaro. His face is swollen that makes it hard for him to see (and with his illness and the bandages, all he could see is a spec of blurry things).
 
“serves you right you pervert' chimes Motoko.
 
“ei Keitaro, your face looks dull, here, let me brighten your face up” and with that, Su grabbed a marker and draw things on Keitaro's bandage.
 
“humhumhum ghhhhhaaammmm” Keitaro was crying with laughter as Su draw on him. He felt being tickled and tortured at the same time… Su drew deeply on his face bandage making him cry in laughter more. Mutsumi joined her and Keitaro's torture heightened while Shinobu tried asked them of stop drawing at Keitaro's face.
 
Naru was on her room. Looking at some pictures. She stumbled upon a solo shot of Keitaro.
 
“You jerk…” she said smiling. “sometimes you really piss me off. Yet sometimes… you always put a smile to my face.”
 
There was a knock on her door.
 
“Coming” Narusegawa said. She opened the door and there stood a bandaged Keitaro that uses a crutch on his “only able” arm.
 
“What do you want Urashima?” she asked sternly? “ Do you want some more?” as she clenched her fists.
 
Keitaro immediately shook his head fast that he sprained his neck. And Keitaro cried again… “anime style”
 
“Oh, what do you want then?” Naru asked surprised, putting her clenched fist down.
 
Keitaro let his crutch fall to the ground and achingly, he bent and kneeled down before Narusegawa. Naru saw how his hands shook due to the mix of his pain and the pressure of his body and was felt with awe.
 
“Nnhrruhhgwha pplngsh frgv m~” was all that Keitar said.
 
Narusegawa aided Keitaro back up looked at him and said “I forgive you” and smiled.
 
They stared each other for awhile until Keitaro's body leaned towards her due to his weakened state and made their lips touch (touch because Keitaro's lips was bandaged).
 
Keitaro's eyes grew big and withdrew achingly. He leant to get his crutch (again with much pain and crunching sounds pf his bones) and sped limply to his room leaving a dazed Narusegawa…
 
Naru bowed her head, touched her lip and whispered “Keitaro…”
 
 
Keitaro placed his aching body near the window and held his face high, gazing at the stars.
 
 
“But your cancer will spread if we don't take your eyes” Dr. Naginata argued.
 
It has been a week since Keitaro last talked to him personally.
 
“Death is inevitable. Eventually, I will die. I made this choice because I want to cherish my remaining time with my friends. I want to see them always until my sight… my life… is stolen from me” Keitaro said smiling.
 
As Keitaro walked back home, he remembered what he said.
 
”I want to see them always until my sight is stolen from me”
 
And with that, he smiled for he remembered that while he said those words, he was thinking of the night where he gazed upon the stars beneath the bandages he wore. And each star that he saw that night reminded him of his friends. Their faces was seen on those stars.
 
Before going to sleep, Keitaro once again looked at the stars. All of them was there, Su, Motoko, Mitsune, Shinobu, Aunt Haruka, and even Mutsumi. But, among all those stars, he would gaze longer at one star. He smiled and said to that star “Goodnight Naru”.
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------
 
I would like to thank those guys who commented. I dedicate this chapter to them ^_^
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------