Loveless Fan Fiction / XXXHolic Fan Fiction / Tsubasa Chronicle Fan Fiction ❯ Never Surrender ❯ Suicidal Thrill ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER THREE: SUICIDAL THRILL

She's a steel thrill suicide they say,
Cyanide in her plastic veins
She's a mannequin of misery,
She's on a bender,
But she ain't gonna break.

Hey, hey.

Taste like sugar, but it's Novocaine.
She's grinding teeth ,
She can sharpen the pain
White lights, train wreck.

Tohru wiped her forehead and looked at the clean house. "Finally, it's all finished." She couldn't wait to show this to Kyo and Yuki. Lately, they had been pretty down. To Tohru, it seemed like Kyo was reverting back to his old surly self to everyone, and Yuki was becoming introverted once more. More than anything, she wanted to help them. Those boys were her life, and she would rather die than watch them suffer.
While cleaning Shigure's room earlier, she had found a needle full of clear, odorless liquid. Now, she stared at as if were something alien. Slowly, she squirted a little on her hand. It sizzled on her hand and made it numb. For some odd reason, Tohru found this pleasant. She put more on her hand and moaned as the substance burned her skin. 'Whatever this is,' she thought. 'this feels great. I'll have to thank Shigure-san later.'
She found more needles and even a bottle of this "miracle" liquid. By the time the guys returned home, Tohru was on the ground, empty needles littered across the living room floor. She was terribly pale and had a needle protruding from her shoulder. Shigure ran to her and gently lifted her in his arms. "Call an amblulence! Tohru-kun's very sick!" Without a word, Yuki ran for the nearest phone.
Kyo turned to Shigure, who was putting a wet cloth on the girl's head. It didn't seem to be doing her any good, though. By instinct, Kyo knew that his guardian had something to do with this accident. "What did you give her?!"
"Me?" Shigure looked shocked and confused. "I didn't give our little maid anything that would harm her. Whatever she got into, it was her fault."
"DON'T YOU SAY THAT, YOU STUPID DOG!!" Kyo threw a chair at Shigure, which hit him squarely in the face. He didn't seem dazed by it, however. "Tohru wouldn't stick weird liquids into her body without some sort of knowledge or instruction. Knowing her, she would have obeyed without question. Ah... stupid Tohru..." He grew weak and had to sit down.
Yuki returned. "The paramedics will be here in a moment. What happened here?" He looked from Shigure, who was eyeing the needles nervously, to Kyo, who looked almost as pale as Tohru. "What is that stuff?"
Suddenly, the older man got out of his funk. "Don't worry about a thing. Our little girl will be taken care of, and then we can all enjoy a walk down the beach at the Sohma Estate."
Kyo glared at him. "I don't wanna go if she's sick." Yuki could've sworn he had seen Kyo's eyes turn into raging fires for a split second. As soon as it came, it disappeared, leaving an extremely angry cat (Kyo).
************************************************************************ **************************************************
Black lips, pale eyes
Cyanide sweet tooth suicide.
She's a killer,
She's my,
Cyanide sweet tooth suicide.

"Mommy?"
"Come here, sweetie. It'll all end soon."
"Mommy..." Tohru moaned. She and her mother were separted by an enomous gap in a dried-out plain, with her mother on one side and Tohru on the other. There was no bridge to cross, no plane to fly her, and no one else around to aid her. This was her problem. She had to reach her mother before she disappeared.
"Jump, honey. I'll catch you."
"Mommy, it's too far. I can't reach you." She was shocked to realize that her voice was fading. Soon, she would be gone altogether. Tohru looked down at the hole and saw a light at the bottom.
Her mother saw what she was staring at and smiled. "You have to jump if you want to exsist forever, like me. I won't let you get hurt. Come on, baby. Do it for me."
"Tohru, don't fade on us!" The new voice in the barren land startled Tohru. Her mother was less than pleased with the interruption. "Come on, Tohru! Jump! Join me!"
The voices became more frantic, asking her to "hang on for a little longer". One of these voices was her beloved Kyo. His voice was strained from the yelling, but still filled with that longing for her. 'Hang on?' For what? What was happening to her?
Suddenly, she remembered the numbing medicine she found, and how she had taken more, despite the burning sensation in her hand. She had even gone as far as injecting herself to feel it a lot sooner. Now she knew the error of her ways, but it wasn't going to save her from the abyss that awaited her. It wasn't going to save her from this ever growing guilt for not being like her father. It wasn't going to give her back Kyo.
With those thoughts, she slowly pulled out of the halucination. As she saw the blackness that was her closed eyelids, she felt something pulling her back down. Her own mother was trying to kill her! "Don't leave me, Tohru! We have to be together, forever!"
"NO!" With an extra forceful tug, she got away from her grip and woke up in the real world.
************************************************************************ **************************************************
Strychnine
Cerebellum feeds the brain,
Hurricane in a violent rage.
They say,
She's a looker just like Anna Nicole.
Oh, no.
Screw the silver,
Let's go straight for the gold.

Tohru found herself in a white hospital room, with an IV connected to her fragile arm. Kyo and Yuki had fallen asleep iin a chair each. Shigure slept standing by the door. The only one awake was a tall, pale woman with long black hair and a beautful kimono. She looked goth, but pretty.
Slowly, the woman turned to look at the sick girl. She looked sickly despite the healthy flush in her cheeks. Her blonde hair was stringy and everywhere. She had lost a lot of weight during her two days in the hospital, which was astonishing, even to the stranger. Even her eyes echoed death.
"Hello. I'm Yuuko, the Demension Witch. Don't panic," Torhu had begun to shrink into her bed. "I'm not a bad witch. I grant wishes."
"Like a genie?!" Some of Tohru's clueless manner had returned.
"Not quite. You have to give me something that has as much worth as the wish itself. The more you want, the higher the price is." She saw the girl thinking this over. Immeadiately, Yuuko added, "No, I cannot bring your mother back."
"I don't want her back." Her voice was quiet and hard to hear over the whirring of machines. "I wanna leave her behind. I wanna live on with my life without looking back and wishing I was with her. She's gone. I have to learn to deal with it." She stopped as the sound of someone stirring reached her. Kyo and Shigure had woken up. Yuki was still in a dead sleep.
Kyo turned abruptly to Yuuko. "Who the heck are you?! Only friends and family can visit her!" Shigure nodded in agreement, which earned him a smack in the head from Kyo, telling him to quit sucking up.
Yuuko introduced herself and addressed herself to the older man. "Sir, I wish to take these kids to another world, away from this chaos. With that, they'll be leaving their curses behind. Nothing you say or do will stop me-"
He pulled at the witch's collar. "Take me with you! I want to leave this place just as bad! I deserve this, don't I?!"
"After leaving a ton of novocaine in your room for her to find? I don't believe so." She pulled away and glanced at the doorway. "Oh. Hello, Akito-san."
Everyone turned to stare at the newest arrival. Akito wore a simple white summer dress and high heels. Her hair was now to the base of her neck and decorated with butterfly barrettes. Once violent and angry, she was now caring and concerned for poor Tohrui's health. After all, the girl had helped Akito learn to forget the past and focus on the future for her and the Sohma family.
“How is she doing, doctor?” That earned her a bunch of stares from the others, including the now awake Yuki.
Yuuko intervened. “I am not a doctor. I am a witch. Now, I want all of you to gather around Honda-san and hold her hand.” They all ran to grab her, but were delayed because Yuki and Kyo had to fight over who got to actually hold her hand. Once everyone was positioned correctly (including Shigure, who Yuuko was forced to allow to tag along or else she had to listen to his nagging for all eternity), Yuuko began chanting. The room was filled with light brighter than the room itself. Before the light enveloped them, Yuuko called out to Kyo. "Protect her, young cat! There will be a day when you'll be the only one who can save her from harm!" Right after that, they were gone.
Yuuko wiped her forehead and sighed. It was getting exhausting to send these people to their proper places. It would only a matter of time before she died of this. But she had to do this. These people all had a destiny in the Dream Universe.
She created a portal for herself to travel to the next world. Suddenly, Watanuki leaped out from the other side. Yuuko's surprise was evident in the face she had. He laughed at her expression and held out his hand. "Come on," he said. "We have work to do."
"You're helping me? I thought you never wanted to be near my presence again?"
"Times change, Yuuko-san, and so do poeple. I thought about what I said, and I realize now that I was out of line." A smile spread on Watanuki's still face. Despite that, he looked truly rependant. It warmed Yuuko's heart to know that he could feel sorry for people other than himself. "Will you take me back?"
In that joking manner of hers, she said, "Only if you promise not to run away anymore."
Watanuki got it instantly and laughed. "Oh, you!" They both laughed as they jumped through the portal to the next world.
************************************************************************ **************************************************

Song lyrics "Cyanide Sweet Tooth Suicide" Shinedown

(A.N. God, it takes WAY TOO LONG for that witch to send them all off! T_T Sorry if Tohru seems out of character, but she had to messed up from living with those Soumas somehow!!)