Loveless Fan Fiction ❯ Lifeless ❯ Flashbacks ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
DeathDolly: Erm this is a rather emotional chapter. I wrote this after my own attempt...
________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ __________

~Flashback~ (Chi: age 14)



Laughter rang out around her as hot tears slipped down her dirty cheeks.

"Aw, look at the little baby! Why're you crying Chi?" Someone asked mockingly.

She kept her gaze downward, staring at her feet.

Someone grabbed her by the hair and yanked her head back. She gasped in pain, but still refused to look at any of them.

"C'mon you guys. Let's go. She's no fun today."

The one who had her by the hair shoved her onto the ground.

"Yeah, let's get outta here." Another chimed in.

Chi curled up into a ball on the ground in the alleyway behind her school.

She wasn't sure how long she'd lain there, crying, but eventually she got unsteadily to her feet and walked home.



Her house was naturally empty. There was a note on the fridge for her, saying that her parents would be working until late… again.

Feeling lonely, Chi picked up the phone and called her older sister Riku.

It rang… and rang… but right before Chi gave up, her sister answered.

"What?!"

"Riku, it's me—"

"Chi? Oh. What is it?"

"I just wanted to talk—"

"Is this important Chi?"

She could hear the irritation in her sister's voice. "Well," Chi considered for a moment telling her about the constant bullying and terrifying loneliness… "no, it isn't. Sorry for bothering you." She slammed the phone down.

Her head began to throb painfully. She sighed and headed for the bathroom.

Standing in front of the mirror, she looked down at the bottle of pills in her hands. She was shaking all over. Without thinking, she began to take them.

Pill after pill after pill… until the thought of swallowing another nearly made her sick.

She sank down to the floor and cried.



"C'mon Chi. Wake up, young one."

A strange voice cut though the darkness.

She stirred slightly, feeling terrible.

"Chi, wake up."

Disoriented, she opened her eyes. She was lying on the bathroom floor and a strange boy was kneeling beside her. He had gorgeous shiny black hair past his chin and crystal-blue eyes. His cat ears were the most beautiful blue-black she had ever seen…

"Sit up now."

He helped her sit up. The room tilted violently, and she rushed to the toilet to heave her guts up. As she got sick, he rubbed her back tenderly and spoke to her.

"I'm Tsumi. I'm going to take you to the hospital, okay?"

She was burning up. She panted heavily, falling back onto the cold tile, closing her eyes and feeling as if the ground was slipping away from her.

"Just hold onto me Chi. You'll be okay."



When she woke up again, she was in a hospital bed, hooked up to several machines that were monitoring her vital signs.

Tsumi was asleep in the chair pulled right up next to her bed, and he was limply holding her hand.

He's so beautiful… like an angel…
Almost as if he knew she'd woken up, his eyes opened and stared deep into hers.

"You're going to be okay."

"Thanks to you, my angel." She replied, blushing.

"When you get out of here, Chi, I can give your life a purpose. You will never be lonely again." He said seriously, leaning foreword.

"What are you talking about?!"

"I belong to you. Our true name is Lifeless." He continued. "I will protect you and follow every command you give to me."

"O-okay…" Lifeless? What kind of name IS that?

"You will understand soon, Chi."



After Chi was released from the hospital, Tsumi drove her back to her house.

"Chi? Aren't you going in?" Tsumi's voice cut through her thoughts.

She hadn't realized it, but they'd been parked in her driveway for at least five minutes.

Chi's stomach twisted into painful knots.

I don't want to do this! My parents didn't even visit me in the hospital! Neither did Riku! They could care less about me. This place makes me SICK.

"I can't stay here Tsumi." She whispered fearfully.

"You can come live with me if you want." He replied reassuringly.

She turned to him, her eyes brightening. "You mean it?"

"'Course. I'll come in with you to pack some of your things. Let's go."

Nodding, Chi climbed out of his car and followed him into her house.

"Chi?! Is that you?!" Her mother's voice cried out when the front door closed.

"Go upstairs Tsumi! First door on the right! Hurry!" Chi hissed, shoving Tsumi toward the stairs.

He quickly disappeared up them, to her relief.

Seemingly out of nowhere, Chi's mother—a petite red-head—dashed foreword and clutched her daughter tightly to her chest.

"Mom! Let GO of me!" She shouted, angry.

"Why, Chi, what's the matter?" Her mother gasped, sounding both confused and shocked.
"You and Dad and Riku don't even give a damn about me! THAT'S what's the matter!"

"Watch your tone young lady!" Her mother snapped.

"No! I'm not staying in this house any longer! I'm sick of always being alone!" She turned and started for the stairs.

Her mother laughed mockingly. "Is that so? And where the hell do you think you'll go?"

She ignored her mother, and went into her room, slamming the door behind her.

"Tsumi, let's hurry—" Chi stopped mid-sentence when she saw the handsome young man shirtless and sprawled out on her bed. But there was something unusual on his skin. She stepped foreword to get a closer look.

"'Lifeless'…" She gasped, remembering what he had said to her when she was in the hospital. Without thinking, she reached out and lightly traced her fingers over the scar. "Tsumi, what does this mean? I don't understand."

He grabbed her wrist suddenly and pulled her down on top of him, clutching her tightly around her lower back.

"I told you before, Chi, it's our name." He said softly, his gorgeous eyes making her melt inside.

"But… Tsumi… I still don't understand." She replied. "What do you mean? Are we married or something?"

"No, you brat." He chuckled. "Alright, I'll try to explain. We are a fighter unit, called Lifeless. I am the fighter unit… and you Chi, you are the sacrifice. As the fighter, I am you slave Chi."

"You're my slave?" Chi repeated, arching an eyebrow.

"Yep. Everything you order, I have to obey."

"Never leave me."

"Done."

"Kiss me, Tsumi."

Without even missing a beat, he gently pressed his lips to hers.

"Will you love me forever?"

"Of course."



~End flashback~
________________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________________ _______
DeathDolly: Well that was some background on our lovely characters, the next chapter will be more exciting I promise!!
Chi: Yeah cuz suicide and home tension is not exciting one bit.
DeathDolly: *sweatdrop*