Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's notes: Hello!! This is my very first MKR fanfiction and it's an Asmi (Ascot + Umi)!!! I like Asmi better than Clef + Umi so please don't take that against me. In this story (heheheh, a major AU! sort of) Hikaru is the pillar but she lets the people of Cephiro rule too, kind of like a 50-50 sort of rule, she's the ruler but she interacts with her people making it possible for her people to tell her what they like, and if it's good, then it comes to reality…er like democracy I guess. And, yes, Fuu is in Cefiro with Ferio! Umi was the only one to come back to earth, well it's my fic after all, and maybe if I have the time I'll mention it in the fic. Well enough babbling and on with the story!! ^_^

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR!! Even if I do really dream I do, ok! MKR belongs to its rightful owners, unfortunately though, it's not me…

A What if Story…

By SorceressMidori

Umi walked the streets of Tokyo with her classmates, well that's if you'll consider it physically with. Her thoughts were about a certain world called Cephiro where her true friends are.

Umi's POV

After Hikaru became the new pillar, why did she have to change the laws of Cephiro? She made sure she would stay with Lantis forever. She gave the people will to rule over Cephiro and since she made sure that she'll be with Lantis, so naturally she didn't go back here, she's in Cephiro with her love.

So does Fuu, she chose to be with Ferio and gave up all she has here on Earth. Both of them had the courage to give up anything for their love. Both of them were willing to sacrifice for their ultimate happiness, just like Princess Emeraude and Zagato.

It's true I envy them… because I'm not like them. I'm a coward. I'm lonely and have no one to love and love me back not like them. I'm miserable. If I just chose to be with them in Cephiro, I'd still be with my true friends…with my love…

Third Person POV

"Umi? Umi? Hey Umi?" one of Umi's companions said.

"Wha-what?" Umi replied.

"Well we're talking about our field trip tomorrow, then you were in some sort of trance. Are you OK, Umi?" another one said.

"I'm sorry, I was just thinking," Umi answered.

Umi's friends looked at her with wide eyes, then one of them said, "Oh! You were thinking that deep! Is it about a handsome guy?"

"Or maybe a lover?" the other one teased.

"MOU, stop it guys," Umi said, "I was just thinking about tomorrow." 'Very close Umi…' she scolded herself.

"You were thinking about something that deep?" they teased again.

"Oh just shut up!" Umi said, glaring at her classmates.

"Yeah, ok fine, we'll stop."

"You don't have to give us shivers."

After some minutes Umi said, "Well, I have to go now. See you all tomorrow!"

"Yeah, ok, see you tomorrow!" replied her friends.

In Cephiro Third Person POV

"Where is Ascot?" Caldina asked her companions as they ate their dinner.

"He's training, maybe," Lafarga answered.

"Now that you mentioned it," Ferio said, "he became like this since Hikaru became the pillar."

"That was when Umi-chan left Cefiro," recalled Fuu.

"Poor guy!" Caldina sighed, "He must be too depressed, he hasn't eaten a square meal ever since!"

"I usually see him in the gardens with his friends," Lantis said.

"Why don't you summon him for dinner?" Hikaru said, "he must be very skinny now, isn't he drained yet?"

"I'll get him!" volunteered Primera who was followed shortly by Mokona.

Ascot's POV

It is so lonely here…lonely in the sense of having no one to be with me in that some sort of different way. Only my friends, who are called monsters by some, are the only ones I could turn to. And yet, the grief I feel inside…the hollow feeling inside my heart cant be filled…I feel so lonely…if only she's here…

"Umi…"

I jump back to reality from my daydreaming as I heard a familiar shriek followed by a persistent "Puu!" I turn around to see a familiar scene where Mokona is pestering Primera.

"What are doing here, both of you?" I ask calmly.

"We came to get you!" Primera said, "The others are worried sick about you, what's your problem Ascot?"

'What's my problem' I thought. Well, I'm lonely, damn it! That's my problem. The woman I love is far from me. I sighed, indicating that I'll go back to the castle with Primera and Mokona.

Third Person POV

When Ascot entered the main hall he was greeted with worried stares from his friends.

"Are you alright, Ascot-san?" Fuu said, "We have observed that you were avoiding us. Is something bothering you?"

"Uh…no-nothing," Ascot stuttered, "where did you get tha-that idea?"

"Well, you were skipping meals, not showing up every gathering, you're always staring into darkness, you always stay in one corner, you're a loner, you don't talk more often…" Hikaru trailed off…

"Yeah, well, I w-was just thinking too much…" Ascot said uneasily under the curious looks of his comrades.

"Thinking of what, may I ask?" Lafarga said, eyeing Ascot curiously.

Caldina stood up and faced Ascot with a smirk, "Or is it thinking of who?"

Ascot blushed furiously, "Ca-Caldina!!"

Everyone who eyed Ascot now shot each other with puzzled glances, and then finally Clef said, "You're thinking of Umi-chan are you not?"

Ascot's blush intensified, if his face could permit it, if he blushed more, his face would probably explode.

"Well, um…er…it's…" Ascot mumbled, unsure of what to say, 'was I that obvious? I thought only Caldina knows.' Ascot thought.

"We all miss her too, you know," Hikaru said, "but since she chose to go back to Earth, let's hope that she's just as happy there or even more when she's with us."

"Yes, I believe Hikaru-chan's right," Fuu said with a smile, "and I believe even she's not here with us physically she's always in our hearts, right?"

Ascot thought for a while. 'Well it's easy for them to say that since they got their sweethearts here, but I can't afford to be so obvious that I'm being so gaga over her.' "Well, yeah you're right!" Ascot said with a forced smile.

Even how realistic it may seem, Caldina who's almost like a real sister to Ascot saw right through his façade, but since Ascot was trying hard not to worry his friends, she decided to question him about this matter later.

End of Chapter One

Author's notes: Heheheh, it's an AU after all! Sorry to cut it here but I really want to know what you guys think of my story! I'll post the next chapter ASAP if I get enough reviews to satisfy me. Comments, Suggestions and Violent reactions are welcome! ^_^ Oh, did I mention that I'm kind of clueless about some parts of MKR so please forgive me about their names, and boy, forgive for a very lame title, suggestions on a more appropriate title are very much welcome!

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!