Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ A What If Story... ❯ Chapter 7

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's Notes: OOOOOooooohhhhhhh, I'm tired of school!!! It's also the reason for the BIG delay of this fic of mine, so again I apologize... Hmmm, where did we leave the scene last time? Ah, yes... the sprain thing... Umi gets to sleep at Akito-kun's place!! Yey!! ^_^ Heheh, I won't prolong your agonies anymore... On with the usuals!

Disclaimer: Aw, do I have too? OK, here it goes: I don't own MKR, though I wish I do! All I own are the new characters and the plot! ^_^

A What If Story

by SorceressMidori

UMI'S POV

"Umi?" someone voiced out calling my name in this dark place...

"Who's there?" I said. The voice sounded so familiar yet so sad... Maybe if it weren't too sad I might recognize it.

"Umi..."

There it goes again... I'm starting to feel the creeps here.

It's so dark in here but then I kept on walking until I saw a flash of light in front of me. As I neared the light I saw a familiar place... It's where Ascot and his friends usually played. It's still so peaceful there, but neither Ascot nor his friends were there but a petit girl with long silvery hair. She was sitting, her back against me, she seems to be crying because her shoulders were a bit shaking...Until she turned to face me... she was sneering at me, her eyes flashed a scary magenta and all of a sudden our surroundings were different. Everything was destroyed, the beautiful stream that used to flow there dried up, the trees and other flora are now dried... everything was destroyed and when I looked for the girl she's no longer there... instead I watched in fear as I see him there... standing, looking extremely grim... he's wearing not his usual clothes but black ones. His usual hat was no longer there, he was also sneering, his eyes full of hatred. As I stood there frozen with shock I realized that he was forming an energy sphere aimed at me. Fear washed over me like a pail of ice-cold water. Before the black sphere hit me I screamed his name...

"ASCOT!!!" and all I saw was black...

NORMAL POV

A loud clash of thunder was heard from the outside and suddenly a soft noise was heard from the other room, immediately Akito went to his room to check it out.

Umi was tossing and turning on the bed. She's also whimpering. Alarmed, Akito sat o the bed and touched her forehead.

"She has a slight fever," he said then he heard her mutter something. Absentmindedly, he stroke her cheek and tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear. "She looks really familiar..."

"Ascot..." she breathes then tears began to fall from her eyes. Instinctively, Akito lifted her and wrapped his arms around her.

"Shh, I'm here..." he said unconsciously, he started to rub her small back in small circles until Umi calmed a little... the feeling was so familiar...

Umi woke up from her nightmare feeling the warm and soothing embrace of Akito. He noticed the slight tension indicating that Umi is already awake. Then he realized what he was doing.

He suddenly releases Umi.

"Uh...I'm...I didn't..." Akito stuttered. "I'm sorry," he finally managed to say while blushing furiously, his eyes hidden beneath his brown chestnut hair. When he looked up he saw the pretty blue sprite in front of him, little waterfalls grace her cheeks as she wept softly...

"I-iie...Ascot," she muttered then finally she let in her heart's desire and embraced him, silent tears falling endlessly from her pretty marine eyes...

Instinctively, Akito returned the favor. "Hush now, Umi...I'm here." He comforted her with such sweetness and care until Umi finally fell asleep again. He gently settled her again on his bed, he brushed a few stray strands of Umi's hair with his fingers and wiped the silvery traces of tears she had cried moments before.

Umi now peacefully sleeps while Akito watches her as if he's in a trance, slowly he leaned and gently touched his lips on hers…

After a few quick seconds Akito tucked her in and checked if she still had a slight fever. Satisfied that she's all right he rose feeling all happy and contented. As soon as he got up and started walking back to his work he realized…

"What have I just done?!"

Next day, NORMAL POV, IN FRONT OF UMI'S HOUSE

"Thanks a bunch for all you did," Umi said.

"Think nothing of it," Akito replied. "Anytime you need help about anything, I'm here…" He smiled.

"Thanks again, are you sure you don't want to come in and have a drink?" Umi offered.

Akito looked at his watch then sighed disappointedly, "I'm sorry, I can't. I still have to get this pictures to our school editor, Chief's going to kill me if this turns out late."

A quick expression of anxiety washed over Umi's face that was quickly masked with a smile, "If that's the case," Umi exclaimed, "I shouldn't be keeping you late!"

Akito caught the slight air of disappointment but he has no choice, and so he bade Umi goodbye and smiled one of his sweetest smiles. He turned and walked towards his black sports car.

Umi watched the black sports car speed off until it's no longer visible before she turned around and went to her room.

AKITO'S POV

She seems to be so oblivious of what happened last night…she didn't mention anything, so maybe she forgot…or maybe she just doesn't want to talk about it…yet…

I could still feel that warm feeling inside…on my lips…I just can't stop thinking how it feels so right. I wonder how would it be if Umi and I could really get together, like a couple…

Honk, honk…

Hey, why does the car at my back keep on honking? Oh my! How long has it been a green light? I better stay focused…

UMI'S POV

What's this strange feeling? Why do I feel like this when I'm with Akito-kun? I lied on my bed and somehow it feels strange…

I put my hands on my lips and again there is this warm fuzzy feeling… it feels so familiar, I wonder what is it like if…

Ring, ring…

I wonder who that is, it maybe mom and dad…It's a good thing they're not here yet, or else I'd have to explain things about him, and what's more bad about it is the supposedly reason sounds so…so silly…

"You have a sprain…"

That reminds me, I didn't give Akito-kun my number! Oh well, I sighed an picked up the phone…

"Hello?"

"Hello? Umi-chan?" It was Aya…

"Hey, Aya-chan! What's up?"

"Well, I just want to check if you're alright. I called last night but no one was there… Where have you been?" came Aya's concerned reply.

"Eheheh," I laughed sheepishly, "it's a long story…"

"Tell me about it…" she said curiously.

"Well, I'll tell you, but not this time, ok?"

"If that's what you want, then, but that's a promise, ok?"

"Yeah!" I replied, I can't express my feelings now, I'm quite unsure of them…but Akito-kun, he… he reminds me so much of him

End of Chapter Six

Author's notes: This is probably the shortest chapter I ever made, but what the heck, isn't it the waffiest (is there such a word?)? Heheheh, well I really enjoyed doing this chapter, though the slight humors I put were kind of corny… like when Akito is so dazed he didn't notice it's already a green light? It kind of reminds me of Yuki (Gravitation) during the OAV… Well, I hope you guys could forgive me for this long delay, I have a lot of schoolwork, ya know! Well, I better stop my babblings now and rest so I could start on my other projects (school work). Enjoy their first kiss! ^_^;

Well that's all for now! Bah-bye! ^_~

^_^ CiAo!!