Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Magic Knight Rayearth: When Two Worlds Collide ❯ Thoughts on Cephiro ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Thoughts on Cephiro

Fuu Hououji hung up her white cord phone as softly as could while trying to hold back the frustration that she felt. Neither Hikaru nor Umi were home. She had called them each nearly a dozen times. "I hope neither of them have caller I.D," she laughed to no one, for there would be a lot of messages.

She let out a deep sigh and looked at the sleeping child on her bed. Looking at her brought a feeling almost chilling. She feared that she would need the both of them soon. Something had to be wrong. How could it be possible that someone from Cephiro could just magically appear in the park by her house? The idea was just incredible!

She shook her head and feared that her nerves needed to be settled a second time, so Fuu gracefully walked down her stairs to the kitchen to make some green tea - but not before checking on Ally one last time. She continued to stay as quiet as possible, for she did not want to awaken her. "That poor girl," she thought aloud as she placed the kettle on the stove once she had reached her kitchen. "I can't believe she just collapsed on my bed when we got here. She must be so exhausted from hiding there all day. I can only imagine how scared she was. I remember how frightened I was when I first appeared in Cephiro." This day truly was very aggravating. No matter what Fuu did to try to keep her mind off of Cephiro, something always seemed to remind her about it, and with Ally, it was nearly impossible to forget. All she could appear to think about was Cephiro.

The teapot began to hum as Fuu had an epiphany of sorts. She quickly turned the gas down and she began to go over the many cluttered thoughts in her mind. It was true, wasn't it? She had been trying to forget about Cephiro. She had been trying to forget in order to get over Ferio. Now she realized that it was not possible. Cephiro was indeed the land of the will, and it willed her not to forget about it. Ferio willed her not to forget about him. Fuu frowned. "You're kinda pretty when you smile," Ferio had once told her a long time ago. She rolled her eyes and began to grin once more. She even thought about Ferio when she frowned. How pathetic was that?

Much to her dismay, her thoughts were soon interrupted by the sound of her doorbell. After a short jog to the door, Fuu's dismay, however, managed to turn into happiness as she soon found that her visitor was none other than one of her best friends, Umi.

"Miss Umi!" she exclaimed as she welcomed her in. "What ever are you doing here?"

Umi smiled and her blue eyes twinkled. "I was in the neighborhood and thought maybe I could stop by for a while. I'm not intruding, am I?"

Fuu shook her head solemnly. "No! Not at all! In fact, I have been trying to reach you about something that is very important."

Umi looked at her friend with deep concern. "What is it?"

Fuu frowned. "Please follow me."

Fuu lead Umi up to her bedroom where Umi was immediately alarmed at the scratched and bruised child sleeping in her bed.

"Is she okay?" Umi asked, wide-eyed.

"I think so…" Fuu covered the girl with another blanket. "She has been through quite a lot, coming from Cephiro and all."

Umi's jaw nearly hit the floor. "That girl's from Cephiro?!" she screamed.

Fuu winced. "Quiet! She's sleeping remember?"

"Oh, sorry." Umi's eye's softened. "How did she get here and how did you find her?"

Fuu sat down on the bed beside Ally and stroked her hair softly. "Well, I have no clue how she got here, but I found her in the park deep in the forest."

Umi crossed her arms. "Then how do you know she's from Cephiro?"

Fuu knew explaining this to Umi would be difficult and rubbed her forehead, hoping to rid herself of the oncoming headache. "Well, allow me to start from the beginning." She then proceeded to explain how she had been thinking about Cephiro then how she found Ally. The last thing she told Umi was her own personal belief on why Ally was really there. "I think she's a reminder."

"A reminder?"

"So that we don't forget. I know I don't want to forget, but lately I've been trying harder and harder to do so."

Umi brushed her blue hair back behind her ear. "That's funny, because so have I. I miss… certain people there," she stated uneasily. "I just miss them so much that it hurts."

"I know exactly what you mean," Fuu answered, feeling a bit relieved to hear that comment.

Following that, there was a long moment of silence, then a whisper from Umi. "If you could go back to Cephiro, would you?"

Fuu avoided Umi's watchful eyes and turned her back to her. "Well, yes. I believe I would."

"Mmm. Even if you could never return?"

Fuu turned to face Umi again. "I…. Don't know…"

Umi looked at Fuu sympathetically. "You miss Ferio."

Fuu bowed her head. "You know, Umi, I think… I think I'd stay."

"Yeah, I think I'd stay, too. I mean, really, there's nothing for me to do in Cephiro. There isn't any malls-"

"No, I mean in Cephiro," Fuu stated rather harshly, which was very out of character for her. She didn't intend on it, though. She had simply been trying to fool herself again. She wanted to be in Cephiro so badly.

Umi backed up. "Whoa, Fuu! Settle down!"

Fuu grinned cheerfully as convincingly as she could. "I am sorry, Miss Umi! I didn't know what I was saying. Now let us not worry about such trivial matters. What we need t worry about now is Ally."

"And we have to contact Hikaru. She needs to be in on this as well," Umi added.

"That's right! It's been nearly an hour since I last called her!" Fuu exclaimed running for the phone. She paused for a moment. "What should I say if I reach her?"

Umi thought for a moment. "If you try to explain what happened over the phone, it'll get Hikaru way excited. Just ask her to come over and that it's important. Oh, and tell her I'm here, too and that I'm sleeping over!"

Fuu looked at Umi strangely. "You are?"

Umi grinned. "It would be very rude of me to leave my little cousin, Ally, here with you. I don't think your parents would like that."

Fuu ran over and hugged Umi. "Oh! Thank you, Miss Umi! You are so considerate!"

"Hey, that's what friends are for! Now go over there and call Hikaru."

Fuu ran once more over to the phone beside her bed and dialed Hikaru's number. It rang once, twice, three times…

"Hello?" asked a cheerful young voice.

"Miss Hikaru?"

"Fuu!" Hikaru exclaimed, beaming brightly. "What's up?"

"Well… umm… Umi is here, at my house-"

"Umi's there? Tell Umi I said hi!"

Fuu turned to Umi. "She said-"

"Hi?" Umi rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I think I heard her. Just tell her to get her butt over here."

Fuu went back to the phone. "I have been informed to tell you that you should come over here…"

"By Umi?"

"Yes."

"Okay, I'm pretty sure I'll be allowed out. It is Saturday. I'll be over in an hour. Okay?"

"That sounds good."

"Hey!" Umi hollered, "tell her to make sure she can sleep over!"

Fuu shushed Umi and pointed to Ally.

Umi cringed. "Oh, right," she said in a whisper.

"Can you sleep over?" Fuu asked Hikaru, as she began to get angry about all the relaying of information she was being asked to do.

There was a moment of silence on Hikaru's end then she came back. "Oh, everything will be fine. I have to pack my stuff, though. So, I'll see you guys soon! Bye!"

"Bye, Miss Hikaru." Fuu hung up the phone after she heard Hikaru's phone click and fell back into a chair.

Umi giggled. "This will be great! It'll be the three of us together again!"