Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ The Gate ❯ Complications ( Chapter 3 )

[ A - All Readers ]

*Author's Note* I know this might seem redundant but can you guys leave me some reviews? I would love some feedback on what the readers think of my story. I usually just print it out and have my friends read it but I thought this might be better since your opinions won't bias. Tell me if you guys like it dialogue style of if you prefer it the old fashion way. I wouldn't even mind some advice on what should happen next. ARIGATOU MINNA! ^_^
 
 
Umi's Mom: How are Hikaru and Fuu? Did you girls have fun at Tokyo Tower?
Umi: They're fine and yes we did.
Umi's Dad: I don't understand how you girls do it. You always go to Tokyo Tower and you never seem to get bored of it.
Umi: It's a very special place for us. A lot of precious memories live there.
 
(Umi looks out the window, her mind seems to have wondered off as she remembers everything that happened to them in Cephiro.)
 
Umi: …Clef
Umi's Dad: Umi? Are you alright?
Umi: huh?! Oh I'm fine.
Umi's Mom: Are you sure honey? You know that you can come speak to me or your father about anything.
Umi: I know mom but really I'm fine. I'm going to be in my room now.
 
(Umi heads out to her room. She drops her bag near her desk and drops herself on her bed. She raises her arms to grab her pillow and hugs it to her chest. She closes her eyes for a bit. She then sits up still hugging the pillow.)
 
Umi: I wonder if Clef is alright…I wish I knew if everyone in Cephiro were alright.
 
(Just then Umi feels like if her body has become extremely heavy. The room goes dark, there's no light just darkness. In a panic Umi tries to move but she is unable to. The air starts to become dense. With the weight on her and the air becoming thick she starts to have a hard time breathing.)
 
Umi: What's going on here?! My body feels so heavy!
Voice: Magic Knights, don't go back…
Umi: Wha…?! This is Hikaru's dream! This is what Hikaru was telling us about!
Voice: …don't go back…
Umi: Why…why are you……doing………this…?
 
(Umi had run out of air and was slowly passing out.)
 
Voice: UMI!!
Umi: ……?
Voice: UMI!!!
Umi: C….Clef….?
Voice: UMI! You have to wake up!
Umi: CLEF!
 
(Umi wakes up, sweat running down her face. She had sprinted up right from being so scared. Turns out that she had fallen asleep on her bed without noticing. Umi's parents burst in through the door.)
 
Umi's Dad: Umi are you alright?!
Umi's Mom: Sweetheart what happened? We heard you scream.
Umi: I don't know…I…I must have had a bad dream. That was Clef's voice I know it!
 
(Umi was staring at the bottom of her bed. She was so focused on her own train of thought that she didn't notice her mother sitting next to her on the bed.)
 
Umi's Mom: Umi are you sure you're alright? You look pale.
Umi: huh?...I'm fine, I promise. It was just a bad dream.
Umi's Dad: Pumpkin don't overwork yourself. You should rest.
Umi: ok
Umi's Mom: You sure you're alright?
Umi: I'm sure.
Umi's Mom: Would you like something to eat or drink?
Umi: No thank you.
Umi's Mom: alright.
 
(Both of her parents step out of her room. Immediately Umi jumps off her bed, changes her clothes, and sneaks out of the house and runs off in to the night. She heads out to Tokyo Tower.)
 
Umi: I know that was Clef's voice! I'm sure of it! There's something wrong and I have to find out what. Something tells me I'll find it there.
 
(The night has already fallen on the city of Tokyo, so of course there's no one at Tokyo Tower. Yet as Umi reaches Tokyo Tower she sees a dark figure standing at the entrance.)
 
Umi: …?! Who's there?!
Voice: huh? Umi? Umi is that you?!
Umi: that voice…Hikaru!
 
(Hikaru was the one standing at the entrance. Umi starts to walk towards her when they both hear footsteps…its Fuu.)
 
U & H: FUU!
Umi: Fuu, what are you doing here?
Fuu: I had one of Hikaru's dreams and I felt compelled to come over here. What about you Miss Umi, Miss Hikaru?
Umi: I had one of Hikaru's dreams too.
Hikaru: You did? I just kept thinking about the dreams that I've had and I just felt like…
Fuu: …like if you needed to be here?
Hikaru: yeah
Umi: …I…I heard Clef in my dream though. And I almost suffocated too.
Hikaru: Wha…?!
 
Fuu: In mines I heard Ferio calling out to me.
Umi: I guess each dream is different then.
Hikaru: Well since were all here why don't we go take a look upstairs.
Fuu: Wait! Since all of our dreams seem to tells us not to go back I would think we should do just that.
Umi: Fuu you cant be serious! I felt like if I was dying in my dream, would any one trying to protect you try to kill you with their message? NO!
 
Fuu: …but considering the circumstances, I say we find a way to go back to Cephiro to make sure that everyone is safe. But we have to be extremely careful, for the dreams might actually be true.
Hikaru: Then let's go!
 
(The girls find their way through the security of the Tower and work their way up. They finally arrive to the floor that they were looking for. The place where it all began.)
 
Umi: So what do we do now?
Hikaru: I don't know. Do you have any ideas Fuu?
Fuu: I'm not sure if it will work but for a while now I've come up with a theory.
Umi: And what's that?
Fuu: Remember the second time that we were teleported to Cephiro. We thought some one else had summoned us but in fact our wishes to go back were so strong that we were able to send ourselves there.
 
Hikaru: But even if we do the same thing we did last time it wouldn't work because this isn't Cephiro.
Fuu: Not quite.
U & H: huh?
Fuu: Think about it. Cephiro is the world where the will of the person grants them power. Our hearts wanted to go back so much that we did.
Umi: I don't see where you are going Fuu.
 
Fuu: Doesn't Tokyo Tower remind you of something in Cephiro?
Hikaru: …wait! You don't mean the castle?!
Fuu: Exactly, my theory is that Cephiro is connected to our world through Tokyo Tower and Princess Emeraude's castle.
Umi: That would probably explain why we saw Cephiro in the sky that day.
Hikaru: So all we have to do now is wish to go back and we will?
Fuu: Yes but your heart has to believe that we'll be able to go back as well.
Hikaru: The heart which believes!
Fuu: Now just concentrate on Cephiro. Think about the people that live there, the mountains in the sky…
Umi: the Ocean…
Hikaru: The volcano…Lantis
 
(The girls made a circle while holding hands. They thought about the people they cared about back in Cephiro. After a couple of minutes nothing happened, no light enveloped them to take them to the magical world of Cephiro, no voice telling them they're needed, no nothing.)
 
Umi: Nothings happening.
Fuu: I don't understand this should work.
Hikaru: maybe were not concentrating hard enough.
 
(The girls try again but to no avail. They tried and tried but nothing. At one point it was getting too late for all them and they decided to head back home. They all agreed of thinking of a way to get back to Cephiro. At home all the girls were too tired to get up from their beds.)
 
Hikaru: It's a good thing that today's Saturday.
Hikaru: argh…why didn't I work last night? Why?! It's not like we don't want to go back, we do. Now more than ever!
 
(Hikaru then feels something wet on her hand, its Hikari.)
 
Hikaru: Morning Hikari.
Voice: More like Good Afternoon.
Hikaru: huh? Oh, good afternoon Satoru.
Satoru: Did not you sleep well last night?
Hikaru: I slept fine last night.
Satoru: Then why is it, little sister that you didn't wake till 2 in the afternoon.
 
Hikaru: uh? I guess I was just really tired.
Satoru: You haven't been overworking yourself in school have you? You're doing fine in all your classes' right?
Hikaru: Well I didn't do so good with that test in Music but other than that I'm doing just fine.
Satoru: Then is their something else that might be wrong Hikaru?
Hikaru: mmm…
 
Satoru: I see.
Hikaru: uh?
Satoru: The same problem arises again I see. Then I trust that just like before you will be able to take care of it on your own. Just remember that your brothers are always here for you.
Hikaru: Thank you big brother.