Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ The Gate ❯ Illusion or not? ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

(She stands right in front of the light trying to decipher why it seems so familiar. She starts to extend her hand towards it when it envelopes the other half of the room. Now Hikaru is standing on the dark side of the room while facing the light side. She squints as an image starts to appear in the distance. You can hear footsteps approaching…)
 
/// STEP STEP ///
 
Hikaru: I can't…I can't make out who it might. Why does this seem so familiar?
 
/// STEP STEP ///
 
Hikaru: …?! This is what happened in Cephiro! This is that same light that takes us to Cephiro!
 
/// STEP STEP ///
 
(As Hikaru says this the footsteps stop. Hikaru looks in to the distance and is speechless.)
 
Hikaru: …?! La…Lantis?! Is this real? Is it really him?
 
(Lantis looks up and smiles at Hikaru. He then extends his hand to her, as if asking her to come to him. Hikaru's eyes start swelling up with tears; she keeps a grip on her amulet the whole time.)
 
Hikaru: It's been so long. *sniff* After a while I thought I'd never see you again. *sniff* I'm so glad that…*sniff* I'm so glad that you're alright.
 
(With so many emotions running through her Hikaru starts bawling. She can barely see with all the tears in her eyes. She frantically tries to wipe them away as she looks up at Lantis again.)
 
Hikaru: *sniff* I've missed you so much…LANTIS!
 
(Hikaru starts to run towards her love.)
 
Voice: DON'T GO BACK!
 
(Hikaru stops right before reaching Lantis. She looks around for the person that shouted at her but sees no one. She looks back at Lantis and sees him starting to disappear right in front of her. She runs towards him, screaming his name and tries to grab on but its too late, he's gone. She falls to the floor holding herself as tightly as possible and crying her heart out. She stands while repeating his name under her breath. Bawling, Hikaru looks around.)
 
Hikaru: WHO ARE YOU?! WHAT DO YOU WANT?! *sniff* Lantis…LANTIS!!!
 
(The floor below her breaks and she falls in to a black void of nothingness, just like when she lost the battle against her heart. She was lost in despair.)
 
Hikaru: Lantis!
 
(Hikaru opens her eyes and finds herself back in her class. Her face is flushed and tears are still flowing down her face. Everyone turns around in shock to look at her and begin to worry. Kisho who is sitting next to her puts his hand on her shoulder.)
 
Kisho: Hikaru…are you alright? Why are you crying? What's wrong?
Hikaru: …
Sensei: Ms. Shidou…Mr. Kumija why don't you take Ms. Shidou to the infirmary.
Kisho: Yes sensei.
 
(Hikaru is completely unresponsive. Kisho helps Hikaru stand and starts leading her out of the classroom when she collapses.)
 
Voice: Hikaru, wake up.
 
(Hikaru wakes up in the infirmary. Kisho is sitting next to her.)
 
Hikaru: Kisho? Wha…what happened?
Kisho: You were looking out the window when you spaced out. You were like in your own little world or something. Next thing you know you start crying and then you scare everyone even more by screaming some guys name out. So when I tried helping you to the infirmary you just fainted on me.
Hikaru: so that's what happened. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make any one worry.
Kisho: Are you sure you're alright though? I mean I have to say that was seriously weird and who the hell is Lantis anyways.
Hikaru: Lantis?! How do you know his name?
Kisho: You kept muttering it in your sleep.
Hikaru: I did…you should go back to class Kisho, I wouldn't want you missing class because of me.
Kisho: class? *laughs* Hikaru school ended like 20 minutes ago. And don't change the subject on me, who is this Lantis?
Hikaru: I'm sorry but I have to go. Oh man Umi is going to kill me! Thank you!
 
(Hikaru picks up her school supplies and runs out of the infirmary leaving Kisho.)
(At Tokyo Tower, Umi and Fuu are waiting on Hikaru.)
 
Fuu: Ms. Umi
Umi: yes Fuu?
Fuu: Ms. Umi don't you think that Hikaru's behavior seems to be a little deja vu?
Umi: What do you mean?
Fuu: She's acting just like she did right before we got sent back to Cephiro for the second time.
Umi: Now that you mention it, this morning she did look like if she was a bit tired. I guess we can ask her when she gets here.
Fuu: Ms. Hikaru isn't the only person I'm worried about.
Umi: Oh?
Fuu: You Ms. Umi. That year, when we all saw Cephiro for the last time, you were also separated from your loved one.
Umi: *Blush* Fuu, if I recall correctly, you were the one that was most involved in a relationship when we were over there.
Fuu: *Blush* uh…well I guess you have me there Ms. Umi.
 
(Both Umi and Fuu start to laugh. From afar Hikaru can be seen.)
 
Umi: I think for you next birthday we should get you a wristwatch with an alarm.
Hikaru: *gasp* I'm sorry I'm late again. *gasp*
Fuu: Ms. Hikaru have you been crying? You're cheeks are all red and your eyes a bit puffy.
Hikaru: uh…well…
 
(Hikaru then continues to tell the girls about the occurrences that have happened throughout the day.)
 
Umi: Hikaru! Why didn't you tell us about your dream this morning?!
Hikaru: I'm sorry Umi. It's just that I didn't think it meant anything…till now.
Fuu: well what matters now is that you have told us. Are you feeling any better?
Hikaru: Yes I feel fine now.
Umi: Hikaru you can't go around carrying the whole world on your shoulders.
Hikaru: I know. I'm sorry.
Umi: What are we going to do with you?
 
(The rest of the day the girls spent it together: going shopping, eating at the food court, checking out the sites. As the sun was setting the girls parted ways and went home.)
 
Umi: I'm home!
Umi's Mom: Welcome home sweetheart.
Umi's Dad: Welcome home pumpkin.