Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Twist of Fate ❯ Castaway #1: Ascot ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twist of Fate

~Selene Serenity~

Chapter Three

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR. It is property of CLAMP. I do own this fanfic though so please don't copy or steal it!

Author's notes: So how many people thought I would never continue this fic? *Counts all the raised hands in the audience.* Really people…don't you have any faith in me? Ah well, I did continue and here I am with the brand new chapter! Hope you all like it!

~Chapter Three~

"Fuu…do you have any idea how we can beat this thing?" Umi gulped and starred at the monster.

"No Umi, I don't know what we can do."

"Hello…. am I invisible back here or what!?" Clef cried and waved his staff in the air.

"Oh yeah!" Umi spun to face him. "Do you think you can give us our magic back?"

"I think I can."

"Magic!?" Ferio gasped.

"Yes." Fuu squeaked.

"Well at least it's not a terrorist attack or something like that…" He shrugged.

"You don't worry about things to often do you?" Umi rolled her eyes.

"Not when I don't have to!"

"Umi! Fuu! Are you up there!?" A small voice called from the ground.

"Hikaru!? Is that Hikaru!?" Fuu cried and ran to the railing to the tower with Umi following. They looked to the ground to see Hikaru standing in between two young men. "Hikaru!" They waved and cried to their friend.

"Umi! Fuu! It looks like you could use some help up there!" She giggled.

"We sure could!" They replied. "Get on up here!"

"Well I would but the stairs are kind of demolished!"

"Hold on a sec! We'll get Clef to help!" Umi replied and went to Clef. "Can you levitate her up here?"

"Of course I can!" Clef puffed out his cheeks. The two walked back to the railing and Clef leaned a bit over the edge, holding his staff out. He closed his eyes and began to chant. As he did the jewel on his staff began to glow.

Down on the ground a light began to glow around Hikaru, Lantis and Eagle. "What the!?" Lantis starred at the light forming around them.

"What is this Hikaru?" Eagle asked.

"It's Mage Clef's magic!" Hikaru smiled. "Umi or Fuu must have found him here!"

"Mage Clef?" Lantis blinked, as if remembering something.

"Is something wrong Lantis?" Hikaru asked him.

Lantis shook his head. "It's nothing." He assured her. Then he glanced next to him and noticed they were floating into the sky. "Except maybe that!" He pointed to the ground.

Both Lantis and Eagle were pretty freaked by the fact that their feet were not on the ground. "Calm down you two!" Hikaru smiled. "Clef won't let us fall. He only did that once when Umi kept bugging him and she's okay!"

When they reached the others the bubble type thing they were in floated inside the building and disappeared as their feet brushed the floor. "Umi! Fuu!" Hikaru cried and ran to hug them both. "I'm so glad your okay!"

"Are you okay Hikaru?" Fuu questioned her.

"Yes, I'm fine." Hikaru nodded. Then she spotted Clef behind them. "Clef!" She smiled and ran to her former teacher. "How did you get here?" She asked as she hugged him as well.

"I'll tell you about it later Hikaru." Clef replied. "First we need to solve this little problem." Clef pointed the monster that was attacking the very top of the tower.

"But how Clef? I don't have any magic and my sword is gone!"

"I can give your magic back and that should be enough to finish this guy off, but well need to find all the other castaways."

"The castaways are here?"

"Yes. One of them should have the skills equal to that of a master smith."

"That's great!" Hikaru smiled.

"Yes, now go join Umi and Fuu and I will give you your magic."

Hikaru nodded and joined Umi and Fuu. Clef stood in front of the three of them and held up his staff. "Bestow Magic!" He cried. The jewel glowed red, blue and green, them back to it's usual purple.

Around the three knights their elements appeared. Flames surrounded Hikaru, Umi by water and Fuu by wind. When the elements disappeared the three of them wore a breastplate, with a glove on one hand and wrist armor around the other. They looked down at what they wore and Hikaru practically exploded. "Mage Clef! This isn't our armor!" She cried.

"No it isn't the armor you had before, but it is yours." He replied. "You need to have the armor evolve once more."

"What!? That's insane! It took us five whole years to make our armor evolve the first time! We don't have the time Clef!" Umi shouted.

"Don't worry you three." Clef let out a soft laugh. "Your armor will evolve a faster pace this time because there is a real need for it now." He explained.

"I get it now." Fuu nodded.

"But we have our magic, right?" Hikaru wondered.

"Of course."

"All right then!" Hikaru cried and ran to the monster. "Flame Arrow!"

Fire flashed from her hand and shot at the monster, pushing it to the ground, instead of hanging off the building.

As it fell Hikaru heard someone scream. She leaned over the railing (Or what was left of it.) "Oh no!" Hikaru cried.

"What is it?" Umi and Fuu ask as they joined her.

"There's someone down they're!" Hikaru pointed to the ground, where the monster was going to land.

"It's Ascot!" Umi shouted.

"Who?" Hikaru and Fuu blinked.

"Fuu save him." Umi pleaded.

"Of course." Fuu pointed to the ground. "Winds of protection!" She cried. Wind shot from her fingers and created a shield around Ascot. She then used her power to float Ascot up to them.

As he landed the winds died down, until they disappeared completely.

"What was that!?" Ascot gulped.

"Um, Ascot… That was Fuu's magic." Umi patted him on the back. "Why don't you join Umi and Hikaru's friends over there, who also have their mouths gapping open." She led Ascot over to Lantis, Eagle and Ferio.

"Well I highly doubt that the monster is dead already, so we better get down there." Hikaru pointed out.

"Right!" Umi and Fuu agreed.

The three of them jumped over the edge of the railing. "No!" Ferio, Lantis, Eagle and Ascot shouted and ran to the railing, only to see wind, carrying the three of them down safely.

Clef shook his head with a smile.

"Umi, why don't you sneak around the back of it and we'll distract it. That way he won't expect the attack from behind." Fuu planned.

"Right." Umi and Hikaru agreed. Umi ran around while Hikaru and Fuu distracted the monster. Hikaru and Fuu began attacking it from the front while Umi prepared for the final blow in the back, but the monster realized what was going on. The three girls didn't notice that he realized it, but one person did. That person was Ascot.

Ascot notice the monster spot Umi as she ran behind them and he also notice its leg twitch as it prepared to turn around. "No! Umi!" He shouted and jumped off the tower.

"You idiot!" Ferio shouted.

Clef could only smile.

As Ascot fell to the ground, a warm sensation wrapped around him. A light glowed all around him and his clothes suddenly transformed from his school uniform to green and cream colored robes, toped off with a large, black floppy hat on his head. "What the?" He gasped.

"Ascot!" Clef shouted from the tower. "Call out, `Beast I summon thee!' He ordered.

Ascot wasn't quite sure about what that was going to do, but he figured he better give it a try. On instinct he threw his hand in the air. A glowing grid appeared in front of him as he did so. "Beast! I summon thee!" He shouted. Suddenly a giant monster emerged from the grid before him. It swooped down under Ascot so he landed on it's back. "What the?" He shouted.

"Don't worry!" Clef cried. "He'll listen to what you say!"

Ascot gulped. "If you say so…" He looked down at the bird like monsters face. "Can you fight that monster?" He asked.

The monster nodded. "Great." Ascot smiled. The monster flew lower and pushed the other monster to the ground.

The three girls gaped as they saw the new monster come flying down. "Another one?" Hikaru gasped. Then she saw the first monster turning to attack Umi. "UMI! Look out!" She cried.

"I don't think so!!!" Ascot cried as his monster bashed into the other monster, causing it to fall to the ground.

"All right Ascot!" Umi cheered.

"Flame arrow!!!!!" Hikaru shouted as flames spurted out of her hand and flashed at the monster, destroying it.

"That was cool…" Ferio blinked as he watched the whole thing. Lantis and Eagle nodded.

"Oh brother…" Clef sweatdropped. "This is going to be a long battle…"

Author's notes: Tada! All finished with this chapter! Hope you liked! ^_^