Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Twist of Fate ❯ Castaway 2 & 3: Ferio and Lantis ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Twist of Fate

Chapter Three

~Selene Serenity~

Disclaimer: I don't own MKR. It is property of MKR. I did put time and effort into writing this so please don't copy or steal it.

Author's Notes: Hi everyone! Here again with another chapter on Twist of Fate! ^_^

Twist of Fate

~Chapter Three~

"Okay, now that I've discovered I have these great powers…HOW THE HELL DO I GET RID OF THESE CLOTHES!?" Ascot cried. He paced around frantically while Hikaru, Umi and Fuu simply closed their eyes and recalled their armor into their glove gem.

"Oh come on Ascot, all you have to do is recall it." Umi sighed.

"Umi, you have to remember that Ascot was not raised in Cephiro, so he doesn't know how." Clef reminded her as he made his staff disappear.

"So…anybody still confused by all this?" Lantis wondered.

"Uh huh…" Eagle and Ferio agreed.

"Ascot, what you need to do is basically just imagine your robes and such going into that jewel on your hand." Clef explained.

"Okay…" Ascot mumbled and closed his eyes. He did as he was told and suddenly his robes (and floppy hat ^_^) disappeared, and his school uniform reappeared. "Whoa…" He blinked.

"Let's get going before the police show up." Ferio pointed out.

"The what?" The three girls blinked at him.

"Oh never mind…" He sighed. "Just understand we get in trouble if they come…"

"Ya…Well we should get going then." Umi agreed.

They all started leaving, but Hikaru stood where she was. Fuu turned around. "Come one Hikaru." She told her.

"Um…I think Ascot is forgetting something." She pointed up.

Everyone turned around, noticing the monster standing behind Hikaru. "Oh yeah…" Ascot scratched his cheek.

Everyone sweatdropped.

***

"Hikaru, could you come here?" A small voice inquired.

"Of course!" A five-year-old Hikaru quickly replied. She stumbled over to the Princess, who had called her. "What's wrong?" She wondered.

"Nothing is wrong Hikaru." She giggled. "Umi, Fuu, Zagato and I were going on a walk and we wanted to know if you wanted to come."

"I'd love to." Hikaru nodded in reply.

"Then lets go." Emeraude smiled. The two girls walked down the path and joined Umi, Fuu and Zagato. But wait; there were two other figures. Hikaru couldn't make them out.

"Who are they?" She pointed at the two figures.

"Who's who Hikaru?" Zagato gave her a strange look.

"Them!" Hikaru pointed again, but the two figures faded away as she did. "Wait!" She cried and leapt foreword to stop them from leaving.

Then everything went dark. Emeraude faded away as well and Zagato began to belt out and evil laugh. "What was once is no longer!" He cried.

Suddenly Umi, Fuu and herself grew to their proper age and fell through the sky. "No!!!! Zagato! How could you!?" Hikaru demanded.

***

"Hey, Lantis, can you hear that?" Eagle asked from his bed.

"Ya, I think its Hikaru." Lantis replied from his own bed. "I'll go see if she's okay." He got out of his bed with his boxers and t-shirt on. (Selene: *drools*)(Testament: o god…..)

He walked to it was and sure enough Hikaru was on the spare bed in the living room, whimpering. "Zagato…How could you? How could you?"

Lantis walked over to Hikaru and sat on the bed next to her. He placed his hands on her shoulders and shook her lightly. "Hikaru, wake up…"

Hikaru snapped awake, starring up at Lantis's face. "Ah! Zagato! NO!" She screamed and pushed Lantis away. She jumped out of the bed. Lantis crashed to the floor. He got up and walked over to her. "Hikaru, what's wrong?" He asked.

"No! Stay away!" She cried.

"What's going on in here!?" Eagle burst into the living room. He saw Hikaru braking down into tears. She ran to him when he came in. Eagle wrapped his arms around her and tried to calm her down. Hikaru calmed down just before falling back asleep. "What happened?" He asked Lantis.

"I don't know. I woke her up from a nightmare and she freaked out calling me Zagato." Lantis explained.

"Zagato? Who's that?"

"I don't know."

"We can ask her in the morning I suppose." Eagle suggested.

"Right." Lantis nodded.

Eagle picked Hikaru up and placed her on the bed and they both tucked her in.

"She's cute isn't she?" Eagle pointed out.

"Ya…" Lantis sighed and starred at her.

"Oh? Does Lantis have a crush on someone?" Eagle smirked at him.

"What?" Lantis's eyes bugged out. "No way!" He huffed and left the room with a chuckling Eagle following.

***

Lantis sat in the kitchen the next morning. It was pretty early so both Eagle and Hikaru were still asleep. He pulled a box of cereal out of the cabinet and poured some into a bowl with some milk. As he began to eat he saw Hikaru slowly step into the room out of the corner of his eye.

"Um…" She said with a hoarse voice. "Um, Lantis, I'm sorry about last night." She apologized.

"Don't worry. It wasn't your fault." He assured her.

There was silence for a moment. "So who's Zagato?" Lantis asked.

Hikaru blushed. "I'm sorry Lantis. It's just you looked so much like him! I will never forgive him for what he did!"

"Who is he and what did he do?" Lantis asked, still calm as could be.

"Zagato, he betrayed us all…" Hikaru whispered. She swiftly pulled out another chair from the table and sat down. "As you found out yesterday, Hikaru, Umi, Fuu, Clef and even Ascot are from a different world, Cephiro. There the will controls all, and there is one person who has the strongest will in the land, they are the pillar. Princess Emeraude was our pillar. High Priest Zagato was to help her in her prayers for the land. Then, recently he captured the Princess taking her to who knows where, and sent us here to Earth." She explained.

"So he was a good friend of yours I suppose." Lantis inferred.

Hikaru nodded. "When you woke me up I saw you and you looked exactly like Zagato!!! I mean even now I see similarities between him and you. Even your voice! Both of you have the same deep voice!" Realization hit Hikaru right then and there. She ran to where her clothes were, as she was wearing a large shirt from Lantis. She pulled something out of her pocket.

"What's that?" Lantis asked, coming out from behind Hikaru.

"It's a photo from a long time ago. I was only five." She showed it to Lantis with a quivering hand.

"But, that's…that's…" Lantis went to a closet and pulled out an old photo album. He opened it and showed a page to Hikaru. "These are my pictures from when I was younger." The little boy in the pictures looked just like a young boy hiding behind Zagato. "It's me…" He whispered.

Both now had gaping mouths and wide eyes when Eagle woke up and walked into the room. "What's wrong now?" He gave an exasperated sigh.

"Look." Lantis managed to say, pointing at the picture.

Eagle leaned over Hikaru and Lantis and looked at the photo to see a young Lantis and Hikaru as well as the two girls who they had met yesterday. "What?" He gasped.

Hikaru grabbed a slip of paper out of another pocket and ran to the phone. "Um…help…" She whimpered at Eagle and Lantis.

Lantis wavered out of shock first and chuckled as he walked to her. "What's the number?" He asked as he took the phone.

"543-6794." Hikaru told him. Lantis punched in the number and handed the phone back to Hikaru.

"Talk in there and listen in there." Lantis pointed to the receiver and earpiece. Hikaru nodded.

"Hello? Summoni residence." A voice said on the other end.

"Hi Ascot, it's Hikaru. Is Umi there?"

"Yeah, hold on a minute. I'll go get her." Ascot replied.

A few minutes later Umi picked up the phone. "Hikaru?"

"Hey Umi! I need to meet you and Fuu. Do you know where Lantis and Eagle's apartment is?"

"Uh…no." Umi replied.

"Right…well where can we meet?"

Eagle had finally snapped out of it and joined the other two. "Why don't we meet at the park at the center of town?" He suggested.

Hikaru nodded and told Umi where to meet. Umi agreed to call Clef and inform him while Hikaru called Fuu and Ferio.

After explaining everything to Fuu, Hikaru dashed to the bathroom and changed into the clothes she received yesterday. Lantis and Eagle changed as well. After everyone was dressed they went down to the apartment's garage and got into Lantis's truck.

***

When they got to the park everyone but Clef was there. "So what's wrong Hikaru?" Umi asked, placing her hands at her shoulders.

"Look at this." Hikaru said as she held up the photo to show Umi. Umi took it and looked at it. "But Hikaru, this is just an old picture of us in Cephiro." Then she noticed something. "Who are they!?" She gasped. Hikaru walked over to Umi and lifted her friend's face so she was looking at Lantis. "Oh Holy Pillar!" She cried and moved backwards a bit. "But how is that possible?"

"I don't know." Hikaru stuttered.

Fuu walked over and looked at the photo intently. "Oh Holy Pillar." She agreed with Umi, but said it in a more reverent tone. "That's Ferio too." She announced.

"What!?" Ferio's eyes bugged out as he walked over and took a look. Sure enough near what he assumed was the princess, was a small boy that looked just like him, only younger. "Why I'm I in this picture!?" He demanded.

"I'll take that one." A voice replied. Everyone turned to see Clef standing there. "You see, both Ferio and Lantis were in Cephiro at one point. They too are castaways."

"What?" Everyone gasped.

"Yes, Ferio is the younger brother of Princess Emeraude." He informed them. "And Lantis is the younger brother or Zagato." Again there was a group gasp.

"I knew it!" Hikaru cried. "That's why Lantis looks so much like Zagato!"

"Precisely." Clef nodded.

"But, that would mean, that Zagato sent his only brother away, just to capture the princess…" Hikaru, said with a sad face.

"Yes…" Clef nodded.

"Whoa…" Lantis waved his arms in the air. "You mean I'm really not from Earth? I'm from some completely different planet?"

"And I'm some…Prince from this other planet?" Ferio joined Lantis in being thoroughly confused.

Clef nodded again. "And now I will bestow upon you the powers and weapons you were granted at birth." He closed his eyes and his staff appeared. "Gift Bestow!" He cried.

Both Lantis and Ferio were enveloped in a bright light that seemed to form a shell around them. It slowly disappeared to reveal both of them in new outfits. Lantis was in black armor and had a black and silver cape extended from his shoulders. In his hand he held a rather large sword. (AN: Hehe, swords are cool!) Ferio wore a white and gold outfit with a white and gold cape. He held a sword even bigger than Lantis's.

"Wow…" Ferio gaped at his new, fancy getup.

"This is way past weird." Ascot shook his head.

"Nah, it's not that bad!" Umi giggled. "At least not from what I experience."

"For some reason, this whole Cephiro thing, make me feel this is going to be a really weird experience." Ascot sighed.

"Why do say that?" Umi laughed.

"Oh never mind…" He sighed.

"Sometimes in life you just don't ask." Umi waved her finger back and forth. "This is defiantly one of those time Ascot."

"I have a feeling that's going to happen a lot isn't it?"

"Yup." Umi nodded.

Author's notes: Yup, that's it. Stupid ending I now, but ah well. I hope you liked it. By the way I drew a sketch of the photo mention in this chapter. If you'd like to see it you can find it at, http://www.mediaminer.org/fanart/view.php?id=140845 It may be a bit slow loading though so be patient. Please Review!